HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2013-2014 Season

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2013, 11:09 AM
ottawafan66

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchltier1fan View Post
The equipment that players are required to wear is supplied to them, it is not everything just certain things likestick, gloves, pant, helmets. This is the same policy that other leagues are following, not sure what the big deal is. OHL has had this rule in place for years. The equipment display at the draft the other night was apparently what is being used, it was all top of the line, the CCM/RBK rep also said there was discounted equipment prices available for any player associated with teams, including protects. IMO this is a pretty good looking program.

You are dreaming if you ever thought there was going to be any say in icetime.
There is no other league that forces goalies to go with one company and less than half of last years goalies wore Reebok. I can see why Gunner Rivers bailed on the CCHL (he would have been the starter in Kanata) for the OJHL.

It would be interesting to know how much Reebok is kicking back to the league.

Old
06-01-2013, 11:52 AM
valleydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
There is no other league that forces goalies to go with one company and less than half of last years goalies wore Reebok. I can see why Gunner Rivers bailed on the CCHL (he would have been the starter in Kanata) for the OJHL.

It's the new business model for these guys. The big manufacturers are coming after all organizations. I know a number of Minor Hockey Clubs/Associations have recently signed excluvise contracts with the big names. I don't have the current kickback numbers, but I am sure they are making it worthwhile.

Old
06-01-2013, 03:15 PM
upinarms

Quote:

You really think Rivers left because he would have to wear Reebok that was probably available for half normal price? I would think ( or hope ) there was more to it than that.

Old
06-01-2013, 04:07 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinarms View Post
You really think Rivers left because he would have to wear Reebok that was probably available for half normal price? I would think ( or hope ) there was more to it than that.
I was kinda joking about Rivers but most goalies are a little crazy and are quite particular about their equipment. Some goalies have been wearing Vaughan for 8-10 years. Apparently Mulder just bought custom Vaughan equipment. Do you think he cares that he can now buy Reebok for half price?

Old
06-01-2013, 06:30 PM
hardfacts

Quote:
From Tony House's Twitter:

Tony House ‏@Tisinthehouse 33m
@CCHLTier1 all-day AGM today, will be exciting discussions around a great league - seems to keep getting better on and off the ice #CCHL

I would ask "better for who"? Charging up to $5000 for kids to play junior is definitely better for the owners, but how do the players benefit?

Also heard that goalies will be forced to wear Reebok/CCM pads. Again, how does this help the players?

I've never heard of a more secretive league than the CCHL. Hopefully, they dish out some information after today.
Hear is one for you.....the whole OHL/ECHL/AHL is reebok/ccm...yes the CCHL is going down the wrong rd.....lol....

Another hard fact....most worn goalie equipment in NHL is reebok/ccm.....Kevin Abrams must be a real dummy....lol

You should do some homework before you write useless comments......

Here is some more hard facts....Jr B is going pay to play as well....every team in the valley charging 1000 to 3000 to play....( I help one of the teams )

SO all you WHINNERS.....ojhl (pay to play) CCHL ( pay to play )...eojhl ( pay to play )

Read this article here...http://www.slammershockey.ca/news.ph...34.....richest man in Canada tired of losing money.....MHL will be pay to play soon....

All the tough talking parents on here talking crap....WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO PLAY?

Ottawafan66 will be the first parent to cut the chq...so JC can get him a scholarship......

So for all you tough talkers on here about pay to play......warm up your pens and chq books...because your paying...if you don't want to pay....you can play JR C...they are free.

Ottawa could have the best Jr C league in North America from all the tough talk on here.....

Old
06-01-2013, 06:37 PM
hardfacts

Another hard fact....

Parents whine about paying..yet they will pay these stupid fees to family advisors....or spend money on going to chowder cup...

News flash...you get scholarship from playing in cchl..not family advisor or chowder cup....

And oh yes the famous...power skating coaches and personal trainers....parents pay up towards 100 bucks an hour for those money grabbers....

My kid had full ride...never played summer hockey...never had family advisor...no personal trainer...just hard work....

Old
06-01-2013, 06:54 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardfacts View Post
Hear is one for you.....the whole OHL/ECHL/AHL is reebok/ccm...yes the CCHL is going down the wrong rd.....lol....

Another hard fact....most worn goalie equipment in NHL is reebok/ccm.....Kevin Abrams must be a real dummy....lol

Here is some more hard facts....Jr B is going pay to play as well....every team in the valley charging 1000 to 3000 to play....( I help one of the teams )

SO all you WHINNERS.....ojhl (pay to play) CCHL ( pay to play )...eojhl ( pay to play )

Read this article here...http://www.slammershockey.ca/news.ph...34.....richest man in Canada tired of losing money.....MHL will be pay to play soon....

All the tough talking parents on here talking crap....WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO PLAY?

Ottawafan66 will be the first parent to cut the chq...so JC can get him a scholarship......

So for all you tough talkers on here about pay to play......warm up your pens and chq books...because your paying...if you don't want to pay....you can play JR C...they are free.

Ottawa could have the best Jr C league in North America from all the tough talk on here.....
I think you need to change your name to "softfacts".

1. Goalies in the ECHL/AHL can wear any pads they want. OHL can wear Vaughan, Bauer or Reebok/CCM. And they're paid for by the team!!!

2. No other league forces goalies to wear one company's equipment.

3. Actually, more NHL goalies wear pads that aren't Reebok/CCM.

Talk about your useless comments. Sounds like YOU should do some homework!!!!

Last edited by ottawafan66: 06-01-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old
06-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Lazarrr

Quote:

Only team that cost 3000 was Stittsville and that is supposedly going way down this season. Some teams charge a 1000, most teams less for returning players. Some teams pay their players to pay. Max though for about 80% teams is 1000. Nothing more unless they get a set of gloves or helmets.

Old
06-01-2013, 06:57 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Another hard fact....

Parents whine about paying..yet they will pay these stupid fees to family advisors....or spend money on going to chowder cup...

News flash...you get scholarship from playing in cchl..not family advisor or chowder cup....

And oh yes the famous...power skating coaches and personal trainers....parents pay up towards 100 bucks an hour for those money grabbers....

My kid had full ride...never played summer hockey...never had family advisor...no personal trainer...just hard work....
Newsflash!!! Most advisors don't charge anything. I guess you got fished in.

Old
06-01-2013, 07:04 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
Only team that cost 3000 was Stittsville and that is supposedly going way down this season. Some teams charge a 1000, most teams less for returning players. Some teams pay their players to pay. Max though for about 80% teams is 1000. Nothing more unless they get a set of gloves or helmets.
Almonte charged $0 last year. I think Perth was around $250.

Last edited by ottawafan66: 06-01-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old
06-01-2013, 09:22 PM
valleydude

CP Draft Picks

Does anyone know where CP picks Hans and Watson played last year.

Hans is listed on the CP Twitter Feed as EO Wild Mino Midget Player, but he's a 96 so that 's not right

And Watson is listed as Perth on the draft list, but he was an AP on Perth with 4 games played.

Old
06-01-2013, 11:38 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
Advisors don't charge anything ?

On what planet ?

I don't know a lot about "advisors" but they do this work for free ? Charity ? Really 66 ?

What is their motivation ?

GM's IM and JC and the former SK acted as "family advisors". That is part of the value proposition today.

Last edited by eddyshack: 06-01-2013 at 11:54 PM.
Old
06-02-2013, 07:55 AM
KL14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitans View Post
Does anyone know where CP picks Hans and Watson played last year.

Hans is listed on the CP Twitter Feed as EO Wild Mino Midget Player, but he's a 96 so that 's not right

And Watson is listed as Perth on the draft list, but he was an AP on Perth with 4 games played.
I know that Hans was cut from the Maj. M Titans last year (such a stupid move) so he was able to go to the Wild as per the rules at the Maj. M AAA level.

I think Watson played Rep B in either Perth or CP.

Old
06-02-2013, 08:28 AM
sportsdude

Your logic is warped

Quote:
Another hard fact....

Let me try to understand your hypocrisy HF: If I am reading between the lines correctly, you did not need to pay for the stuff you mentioned. I presume ur son was one of the top CCHL players and got a full pop to D-1... And, you have the nerve to call parents whiners because they have to dish out thousands of their hard earned moula? Is it only me, or is there something wrong with you being the guy that didn't pay anything trashing parents that will have to pay up to 10 times what they had to pay for their kids to play good hockey. In a parallel universe where the shoe is on the other foot, I bet u'd be singing a different tune if you had to pay 5k - 10k instead of riding ur high horse.

I understand that costs need to go up, but why so much from one year to the next? Greed is the answer; which is also the answer to your McCain article. Do some research on the McCain family feud and you'll get a glimpse of what drove that family. Now, McCain wants out and he wants to sell the franchise. That is what is driving the "new business model"... And ur using that as an example? Shame on you!

Old
06-02-2013, 11:13 AM
KL14

League Fees

You can be assured that the league fees have already been set because if there were not set, SK would have never sold the PLK in advance of any formal announcement on the fees. Just imagine the difference in the value of your asset (the Team) if you just increased your revenue stream from players fees by 200% - 300 % (assuming PLK players paid an average $ 1000 to play last year, and this year the estimated average cost will be $ 3000 to $ 4000).

So, IMO, the decision on what the fees will be is already made and it is time for the CCHL executive to let players and parents know what they are going to be.

Old
06-02-2013, 11:52 AM
specialteams

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
You can be assured that the league fees have already been set because if there were not set, SK would have never sold the PLK in advance of any formal announcement on the fees. Just imagine the difference in the value of your asset (the Team) if you just increased your revenue stream from players fees by 200% - 300 % (assuming PLK players paid an average $ 1000 to play last year, and this year the estimated average cost will be $ 3000 to $ 4000).

So, IMO, the decision on what the fees will be is already made and it is time for the CCHL executive to let players and parents know what they are going to be.
Have to assume that after yesterday meetings that we will hear how teams will roll the new fees out shortly? Who knows if there will be discrepancies team to team and if there will be a standard based on age and of course skill? So much conjecture which leads to frustrations for sure, all we know is people on here thinking the boys will be paying between 3-5k.

As long as the owners don't sit on the new war-chest of guaranteed revenue and will take it and invest it in other areas to improve or add value. I do get it, the city teams need some propping, not of the thinking just shut them down - don't like the other option of a 7-8 team league. The CCHL is a good local league which gives local players a place to play. Less teams, less opportunities - do I like paying, no but waiting to see what the actual deal is going forward. Just hoping it doesn't impact too much!

Old
06-02-2013, 12:08 PM
hurricane11

The issue with the pay to play is that the league will not be all about the best players playing. Some parents make the sacrifices of having their kids play AAA so that they can go onto Junior and try and get a scholarship. 19 and 20 yrs old if they aren't going to get a deal they should just save their money for college and play JR B. I expect some of the top players to bolt to leagues where they wont have to pay.

Old
06-02-2013, 12:55 PM
hardfacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane11 View Post
The issue with the pay to play is that the league will not be all about the best players playing. Some parents make the sacrifices of having their kids play AAA so that they can go onto Junior and try and get a scholarship. 19 and 20 yrs old if they aren't going to get a deal they should just save their money for college and play JR B. I expect some of the top players to bolt to leagues where they wont have to pay.
YES...they can bolt...but not without a release....have fun getting that...

Old
06-02-2013, 12:57 PM
hardfacts

Quote:
Almonte charged $0 last year. I think Perth was around $250.
Then have your son play in Almonte or Perth...so he can wear what equipment he likes....and pay nothing...he then can graduate to the almonte or perth beer league...
good luck to you.

Old
06-02-2013, 01:01 PM
hardfacts

Quote:
Yes NHL scouting agencies ( Larry Kelly ) do it for nothing..your right....they are not family advisors....they are agents......family advisors charge 300 to 500 a month....

Old
06-02-2013, 01:05 PM
hardfacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude View Post
Let me try to understand your hypocrisy HF: If I am reading between the lines correctly, you did not need to pay for the stuff you mentioned. I presume ur son was one of the top CCHL players and got a full pop to D-1... And, you have the nerve to call parents whiners because they have to dish out thousands of their hard earned moula? Is it only me, or is there something wrong with you being the guy that didn't pay anything trashing parents that will have to pay up to 10 times what they had to pay for their kids to play good hockey. In a parallel universe where the shoe is on the other foot, I bet u'd be singing a different tune if you had to pay 5k - 10k instead of riding ur high horse.

I understand that costs need to go up, but why so much from one year to the next? Greed is the answer; which is also the answer to your McCain article. Do some research on the McCain family feud and you'll get a glimpse of what drove that family. Now, McCain wants out and he wants to sell the franchise. That is what is driving the "new business model"... And ur using that as an example? Shame on you!
Yes very greedy...losing over 250,000 per year....your right...aren't you always right...

Sports dud.....parents pay 10k to play midget...when is the last time you saw a player get an ncaa scholarship out of midget in Ottawa???

Mine got one playing in CJHL...not midget.....

Old
06-02-2013, 01:45 PM
BigBuck

Quote:
Then have your son play in Almonte or Perth...so he can wear what equipment he likes....and pay nothing...he then can graduate to the almonte or perth beer league...
good luck to you.
So I should spend the $3000 and send my kid to Stitsville? Can't understand if you are bitter ,exstatic or proud that your son got through the CJHL and got a scholarship for free. It seems like you feel you owe thse poor owners some cash. If a team can not make a go of it sell it,give it away get many sponsors on board so they are viable.

Old
06-02-2013, 01:50 PM
BackBringCam

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawagohabs4ever View Post
Gee Eddy, you seem to talk about the Grads almost as much as the Colts! Maybe you're not officially part of the Grads ownership too!
Haha classic

Old
06-02-2013, 02:47 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard View Post
I know Mason Nowak was on his way to Kingston last year until that was screwed with and got shot down and heard he is still interested in going there for this season. As well heard from alot of parents whom have kids in the league and this new pay to play is not going to be very well received, they are looking elsewhere to play and for the most part are very serious.
As seen on Twitter today:

@mnowak17 I'm super excited for the upcoming season! Very happy to have the opportunity to play for the @KingstonVees for my last year of Jr. hockey.

Old
06-02-2013, 02:48 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
As seen on Twitter today:

@mnowak17 I'm super excited for the upcoming season! Very happy to have the opportunity to play for the @KingstonVees for my last year of Jr. hockey.
And also:

@KingstonVees The Vees acquired the playing rights to Goaltender Gunner Rivers from the Kanata Stallions pending league approval.

Closed Thread