HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Detroit-Edmonton

Old
05-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Titsuple

vCash: 814
Detroit-Edmonton

TO OILERS

Abdelkader, Justin

TO RED WINGS

Petry, Jeff

Titsuple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 08:18 PM
ZeroPT*

vCash: 50
That's awful for Detroit

ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 08:29 PM
iCanada

vCash: 400
Its actually awful for Edmonton.

I know nobody knows who the hell Petry is, and thats fine... but Petry is the best defenceman on the Oilers by a country mile.

Abdelkader is a third liner, a good one perhaps, but Petry is a a second pairing defenceman on every team in the NHL excuse maybe the blues. On many teams, he is a top pairing guy.

Only defenceman on the Oilers to play more than 20 games and he played against the top line of the opposition every night.

iCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by titsuple View Post
TO OILERS

Abdelkader, Justin

TO RED WINGS

Petry, Jeff
Sorry it will cost Edmonton way more then Petry to get Abdelkader out of Detroit, Not a happening.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 08:35 PM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCanada View Post

I know nobody knows who the hell Petry is, and thats fine... but Petry is the best defenceman on the Oilers by a country mile.

Abdelkader is a third liner, a good one perhaps, but Petry is a a second pairing defenceman on every team in the NHL excuse maybe the blues. On many teams, he is a top pairing guy.

Only defenceman on the Oilers to play more than 20 games and he played against the top line of the opposition every night.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 08:35 PM
Avs44

I think it's safe to say this is a no from the Oilers.

By the looks of it, the Wings as well.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 08:37 PM
western redmen
the forgotten owskis

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCanada View Post

He was only playing those minutes bcause nobody else on the oilers can handle it

western redmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 08:50 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
Not a chance Edmonton does that.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 08:56 PM
Eskimo44

I really like Abdelkader but he's not worth more than Petry. Petry is a young up and coming #2 defenseman who has performed adequetly playing top drawer competition, and he's a puck mover. Puck movers who can play quality players are worth alot. Abdelkader is a rare middle 6 **** disturber who has enough skill to play at times in the top 6, that's valuable, but not worth a guy who will possibly spend the next decade at the top of the roster (at worst the 2nd pair). It's not out to lunch as a proposal but it's not all that close either.

Last edited by Eskimo44: 05-20-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 08:56 PM
Maxxed Out

vCash: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Sorry it will cost Edmonton way more then Petry to get Abdelkader out of Detroit, Not a happening.
Then you have not seen his game, sorry this deal is gonna fail as Detroit needs to add a prospect to make this happen not edmonton

Maxxed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 08:59 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#turtlemode

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post

I think he's pretty serious.

Petry is one of the most underrated d men in the league. Abdelkader wont be anything more than a 15-10 guy in Edm.

This is terrible for EDM.

Daley Tarasenkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:03 PM
Titsuple

det needs top 4 d man and oilers need a top 9 big fwd that plays with a edge. salary is close I see it as a win win

Old
05-20-2013, 09:07 PM
Titsuple

Also petry will be on the us olympic team. Book it

Old
05-20-2013, 09:09 PM
zeus3007*

Edmonton needs more to move Petry. Its a shame that more people don't watch the Oilers and see this kid play.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:21 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
det needs top 4 d man and oilers need a top 9 big fwd that plays with a edge. salary is close I see it as a win win
If they need a top 4 defenseman they should look elsewhere. Petry is bottom pairing on most teams. A lack of defensive depth doesn't mean a guy is a top pairing defenseman. There's a reason the Oilers have been so bad for the past 7 years. They haven't had a top pairing defenseman since Pronger.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:24 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I'd really love to know what your issue with that comment is. Jeff Petry was +1 last year against top competition on one of the worst even strength teams in the league. Last year he was -7 in that role in his first full season. This season he had a slightly negative Corsi Rel and last season a slightly positive Corsi Rel. He also moves the puck alot as his partner is not a strong puck mover. Basically what i'm getting at is he's a quality two way defenseman with the results to back up those claims. What the fellow you quoted said was far from being off base, and if it was you'd think you could have made a rather easy argument proving him wrong (i wonder why you didn't... ).

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:36 PM
K2B
dim jim

Quote:
Also petry will be on the us olympic team. Book it
So he's better than one of Suter, J.Johnson, E.Johnson, Byfuglien, Carlson, Fowler, Bogosian or Yandle? Not even close. To even further prove my point I'm probably missing at least 2 or 3 who'll be in contention.

K2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:46 PM
Christian Litscher
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
So he's better than one of Suter, J.Johnson, E.Johnson, Byfuglien, Carlson, Fowler, Bogosian or Yandle? Not even close. To even further prove my point I'm probably missing at least 2 or 3 who'll be in contention.
McDonagh is a lock.

Christian Litscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:49 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxed Out View Post
Then you have not seen his game, sorry this deal is gonna fail as Detroit needs to add a prospect to make this happen not edmonton
Yeah right Datsyuk only made Petry look like a High Schooler, Your crazy Petry is not that great seen him play enough to know that all Red Wing Defenseman blow Petry away.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:50 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
If they need a top 4 defenseman they should look elsewhere. Petry is bottom pairing on most teams. A lack of defensive depth doesn't mean a guy is a top pairing defenseman. There's a reason the Oilers have been so bad for the past 7 years. They haven't had a top pairing defenseman since Pronger.
This is the most incorrect statement I've ever seen on this board. While he isn't a legit top pairing d-man, he is a solid second pairing guy on almost every team in the league, and potentially a top pair guy. You are trying to blame Petry, a guy who just played in his 2nd pro season, for the Oilers being awful for the past 7 years? Comical to say the least.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:50 PM
Titsuple

Quote:
Originally Posted by king canuck View Post
so he's better than one of suter, j.johnson, e.johnson, byfuglien, carlson, fowler, bogosian or yandle? Not even close. To even further prove my point i'm probably missing at least 2 or 3 who'll be in contention.
jack johnson? Lolololololololol

Old
05-20-2013, 09:53 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Yeah right Datsyuk only made Petry look like a High Schooler, Your crazy Petry is not that great seen him play enough to know that all Red Wing Defenseman blow Petry away.
Datsyuk making a guy look foolish on a few plays makes him a horrible player? This is the human highlight reel Datsyuk, right? If you think all Detroit d-men are better, you haven't seen him play. If you think they all blow him away, you must be insane. The only one I'd say is easily better is Kronwall. Eriksson/Quincey/Smith/White/Colaicovo/Kindl? Some are arguable, others are laughable.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:55 PM
cpsman

massive Petry underrating going on here. He's definitely not a top pairing guy on most NHL teams but I agree he's easily a very good 2nd pairing defenseman on any NHL team. Good defensively and knows how to move the puck as well. That, and he's only 25 years old.

I admit I don't watch a lot of Redwings games, but from what I have seen of Abdelkader, I don't see how he is worth that.

Also just saying... Petry is 0.27 PPG and Abdelkader is 0.23 PPG.... I know reading a stat line isn't everything but thats quite telling for comparing a D man to a winger.

Petry offers more offense as a defenseman (or at least as much), and also has made huge improvements over the last 2 years in his defensive game.

Can someone please tell me why the Oilers would even think about this?

cpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:56 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsman View Post
massive Petry underrating going on here. He's definitely not a top pairing guy on most NHL teams but I agree he's easily a very good 2nd pairing defenseman on any NHL team. Good defensively and knows how to move the puck as well. That, and he's only 25 years old.

I admit I don't watch a lot of Redwings games, but from what I have seen of Abdelkader, I don't see how he is worth that.

Also just saying... Petry is 0.27 PPG and Abdelkader is 0.23 PPG.... I know reading a stat line isn't everything but thats quite telling for comparing a D man to a winger.

Petry offers more offense as a defenseman (or at least as much), and also has made huge improvements over the last 2 years in his defensive game.

Can someone please tell me why the Oilers would even think about this?
They wouldn`t.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:57 PM
cpsman

Quote:

This is one of the most ridiculous arguments I have read. Are you seriously saying that because one of the best offensive players in this post lockout era has beat out Petry before, that Petry isn't good?

You're right, everyone in the NHL is a garbage player because Sidney Crosby can school them. Yes, this is an absolutely sound argument.

cpsman is offline   Reply With Quote