HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 5.0

Closed Thread

Old
05-24-2013, 11:31 AM
TinordiandSubban

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
If they really wanted Pageau...they would have kept their 3rd.
Darren Dietz in the 5th will make up for it but that was a sad 4th round in 2011.

Old
05-24-2013, 11:38 AM
dcal64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinordiandSubban View Post
Darren Dietz in the 5th will make up for it but that was a sad 4th round in 2011.
Can you wait a couple of more years before you declare Didier and Nygren busts

Old
05-24-2013, 11:39 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
One of those picks was just given a very prestigious award, which is way more than you can usually hope for in a 4th rounder. Not to mention that they're still freshly drafted prospects. Have you seen them play enough to call that 4th round 'sad' ?

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
05-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Why are you dismissing two players who still have NHL upside? Judging project defenders 2 years after they are drafted makes no sense.

What great player did we miss out on there? Pageau?

Old
05-24-2013, 01:38 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Why are you dismissing two players who still have NHL upside? Judging project defenders 2 years after they are drafted makes no sense.

He scored a bull **** hat-trick in the play-offs, he's the best.

Old
05-24-2013, 01:42 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Not to denigrate our own picks in that round, but that's considerably more than what 98% of fourth rounders will ever go on to accomplish.

Old
05-24-2013, 01:56 PM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post

It was sad at the time, although 2 years later the future looks brighter, but I still feel Nygren could have been signed as a FA.

But missing out on Pageau, then not taking Reid Boucher...then not taking Kale Kessy...then not taking Zach Yuen...I was sad.

Old
05-24-2013, 01:57 PM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
Sour Grapes?

Old
05-24-2013, 02:20 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
It was sad at the time, although 2 years later the future looks brighter, but I still feel Nygren could have been signed as a FA.

But missing out on Pageau, then not taking Reid Boucher...then not taking Kale Kessy...then not taking Zach Yuen...I was sad.
Boucher showed nothing until this season playing with Galchenyuk, I don't think he's some super phenom "omg fischer over giroux". Kessy doesn't have NHL potential and Nygren is has a much higher chance of being an NHLer than Yuen. I can understand being upset about Pageau since he was likely going to be our pick at 97 but nothing you can do about that. For all we know Didier could be the next Komisarek(when he was good) defensively and will be a fan favourite in four years after finishing college and playing a year or two in the AHL.

I also disagree about Nygren being able to be signed as a FA. He was an absolute monster for Färjestad down the stretch and was one of the biggest reasons they won the SEL title. There's a reason we took him 4th round instead of waiting to see if he was there 6th/7th even as an overager.

Old
05-24-2013, 02:47 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Not to denigrate our own picks in that round, but that's considerably more than what 98% of fourth rounders will ever go on to accomplish.
Said the same thing to my buddy. Even though I doubt he's actually anything special, he's done more than you'd expect out of a 4th rounder.

Old
05-24-2013, 03:13 PM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Boucher showed nothing until this season playing with Galchenyuk, I don't think he's some super phenom "omg fischer over giroux". Kessy doesn't have NHL potential and Nygren is has a much higher chance of being an NHLer than Yuen. I can understand being upset about Pageau since he was likely going to be our pick at 97 but nothing you can do about that. For all we know Didier could be the next Komisarek(when he was good) defensively and will be a fan favourite in four years after finishing college and playing a year or two in the AHL.

I also disagree about Nygren being able to be signed as a FA. He was an absolute monster for Färjestad down the stretch and was one of the biggest reasons they won the SEL title. There's a reason we took him 4th round instead of waiting to see if he was there 6th/7th even as an overager.
]Boucher showed nothing until this season playing with Galchenyuk,

Boucher was playing with Grimaldi (my personal favorite for a 2011 1st rounder, check the 2011 draft thread for my idea of trading down twice from 17 to take Biggs, Grimaldi and Jaskin) at the U-18 in 2011 when he scored 8 goals in 6 games.

Scored 62 goals in 68 games this year, most of them without Galchenyuk.

Kessy doesn't have NHL potential

He can play bottom 6 at best, but that is more than Archie will.

Didier could be the next Komisarek

Overpaid AHL scrub? I hope not!

waiting to see if he was there 6th/7th even as an overager

You are probably right about Nygren being a late bloomer that everyone wanted, but I just feel like drafting an overager is a waste of a pick.

In 2011 Timmins didn't do anything I wanted him to...then in 2012 I got everything I wanted and more!

Old
05-24-2013, 05:56 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Pageaauuuu Pageaauuuu

Quote:

Reid Boucher has a nice shot and all, but his downfall is his skating.

Kale Kessy was just traded. He's a big body, but still a couple of years away from being NHL ready.

Zach Yuen might not even be signed, so we can get him for free.

Old
05-25-2013, 09:48 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Skating as to be a major issue 'cause why the heck would you not sign a 6'3'' scorer? I guess some could understand not signing Archambault...but what's the reasoning being Pribyl?

Old
05-25-2013, 11:19 AM
WeThreeKings

Dunno.. He should be given a chance

Old
05-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Et le But

I'm not really surprised that Pribyl isn't being signed but I'm kind of disappointed.

Quote:
You are probably right about Nygren being a late bloomer that everyone wanted, but I just feel like drafting an overager is a waste of a pick.
Is an overager late bloomer really a worse pick than picking a guy without any NHL level skill? Apparently there was multiple teams looking at Nygren which is why the Habs picked him so high up.

Old
05-26-2013, 02:08 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
I don't think Dumont is a very good coach, but I know from solid sources that Archambault thinks highly of himself. The kid had attitude problems and was a selfish player.

A good organization like Drummondville can help a player, but they can't do what the player has to do.
Thinking highly of yourself is exactly what a scorer needs to do to make the NHL. I have no problem with it. Arch may not make it, but it will be due to lack of skill, skating and strength, not due to his ego.

Old
05-26-2013, 09:52 AM
ChoseLa

Love Pribyl, but if his skating is that bad, why offer him a contract?

Old
05-26-2013, 10:13 AM
Grant McCagg

Timmins gambled that Pageau would be available in the fourth..and he came damn close to getting him..Ottawa selected him right before the Habs picked...TT was pissed.
Let's not forget that Pageau was 5-9 or so, a reasonable gamble that he would be there.

Way too early to be grading Didier, Archie and Nygren. This should be revisited in a couple of years.

Old
05-26-2013, 11:18 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

So, anything more to report on the Beaulieu aggravated assault, or whatever ?

Old
05-26-2013, 11:24 AM
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
So, anything more to report on the Beaulieu aggravated assault, or whatever ?
According to my 50 year old co-worker Nordiques fan, his career is over because he won't be able to travel to the US since he will be found guilty.

So you know.

Old
05-26-2013, 12:42 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
According to my 50 year old co-worker Nordiques fan, his career is over because he won't be able to travel to the US since he will be found guilty.

So you know.
LOL that doesn't make any sense.

Old
05-26-2013, 12:56 PM
giovannicanella

Travel to the US by foreigners is complicated by even parking tickets, imagine assault? Do note how ever the famous and the rich get better lawyers and will worm through it...remember the pink purse in florida story that was swept under the rug...so in all likelyhood NB will be fine to travel with dogs or the habs or whever so long as his corporate overlords support him legally and believe it, the habs legally support their assets....

Old
05-26-2013, 01:29 PM
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
LOL that doesn't make any sense.
Indeed. You yougins that don't remember/know what it's like to have Nords fans around are in for a RUDE awakening. I'm in my 30's and I remember vividly what it was like. My GF's side is from Beauce so it's going to be awful for me. Some still speak of the old days... I digress.

I'm guessing that Beaulieu will be ok when this thing goes away.

Old
05-26-2013, 03:18 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Indeed. You yougins that don't remember/know what it's like to have Nords fans around are in for a RUDE awakening. I'm in my 30's and I remember vividly what it was like. My GF's side is from Beauce so it's going to be awful for me. Some still speak of the old days... I digress.

I rarely discuss hockey with habs fans outside HF, let alone some out of touch Nordiques fans. I ain't scurred.

Old
05-26-2013, 03:29 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:

Yes most of my friend are thrilled by the idea of a second Quebec team... they don't understand what's coming. Quebec is already retarded, with Fm93 and Radio X, pourr on that Nords fanniacs... the Nordique nation is going to be a shame for Quebec and also an pain for any normal constituted brain. And for thos who think our fan base will be cleaned for the ex-nords, it's actualy going to lower the level of everyone, it's going to get realy retarded.

Closed Thread