HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 5.0

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Guilliam

vCash: 500
I'm expecting a deal to be made. A junior coach and a young highly touted prospect don't want that thing clouding their reputation for too long. They'll buy them off to silence them and that'll be the end of it.

Old
05-27-2013, 01:37 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
I'm expecting a deal to be made. A junior coach and a young highly touted prospect don't want that thing clouding their reputation for too long. They'll buy them off to silence them and that'll be the end of it.
Someone wanted some quick money, I don't read too much into it.

Old
05-27-2013, 09:51 AM
Taupy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinordiandSubban View Post
It was sad at the time, although 2 years later the future looks brighter, but I still feel Nygren could have been signed as a FA.

But missing out on Pageau, then not taking Reid Boucher...then not taking Kale Kessy...then not taking Zach Yuen...I was sad.
Captain Insight to the rescue!

Old
05-27-2013, 10:00 AM
Maxpac

Is Didier really as physical as Komisarek?

Old
05-27-2013, 11:04 AM
Rgolt

interesting....
Cody Nickolet ‏@WHLFromAbove 3m
The Saskatoon Blades have traded the rights to Dalton Thrower to the Vancouver Giants for a conditional 2nd round bantam draft pick.
Retweeted by Marc Antoine Godin

Old
05-27-2013, 11:07 AM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgolt View Post
interesting....
The Saskatoon Blades have traded the rights to Dalton Thrower to the Vancouver Giants for a conditional 2nd round bantam draft pick.
Sweet. Ill get to watch him a few times then.

Old
05-27-2013, 11:08 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Really? The Giants? They were still rebuilding. Thought he would go to a contender or something.

Old
05-27-2013, 11:15 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

If I was mean....I thought that this "The Blades would like to wish Dalton all the best going forward both on and off the ice" from their official press release was a shot at him....but I won't go there...

Old
05-27-2013, 11:47 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Hay >>> Molleken.

Also getting to work with Gallagher's dad in the gym. And back in his hometown.

Good fit for Dalton. Just further cements that we should send him back as an overager.

And if VAN is not looking like a contender (likely), they can trade him to a legit contender around Christmas.

Old
05-27-2013, 12:08 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
If I was mean....I thought that this "The Blades would like to wish Dalton all the best going forward both on and off the ice" from their official press release was a shot at him....but I won't go there...
I have a feeling if they weren't hosting the Memorial Cup he would of been gone a long time ago. You just never see a team taking a shot at a player who is on the way out the door like that unless it was justified.

I hope Dalton gets his act together.

Old
05-27-2013, 12:14 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I have a feeling if they weren't hosting the Memorial Cup he would of been gone a long time ago. You just never see a team taking a shot at a player who is on the way out the door like that unless it was justified.

I hope Dalton gets his act together.
"A shot"? I really think you guys are reaching here...

Old
05-27-2013, 01:45 PM
Odelein24

@SteveEwen: #WHL Dalton Thrower says "proud to be a Giant," but also says the #Habs have told him they plan on him making their AHL team next year.

Old
05-27-2013, 01:48 PM
That

Can't say I'm surprised that Thrower got traded after the season he had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odelein24 View Post
@SteveEwen: #WHL Dalton Thrower says "proud to be a Giant," but also says the #Habs have told him they plan on him making their AHL team next year.
Interesting...I'm not a fan of sending players back for their OA year, but in Thrower's case I wouldn't really have much of a problem.

Old
05-27-2013, 01:48 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Definitely needs another year in the WHL..

05-27-2013, 01:51 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=17988

Quote:
- Canadiens prospect Dalton Thrower was traded by the Saskatchewan Blades to the Vancouver Giants on Monday. The Canadiens’ second-round pick, 51st overall, at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, Thrower scored six goals and 27 points to go with a plus-18 differential in 54 games with the Blades in 2012-13. The 19-year-old defenseman will suit up for his fifth and final WHL campaign next year.
hum

Old
05-27-2013, 02:01 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
The decision to return him to the WHL probably won't be made officially until training camp next fall anyway, they probably told him that so Thrower comes to camp hungry.

Old
05-27-2013, 02:14 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
I would interpret that as more of an "as it stands now" type of thing than a confirmation of the Habs' intentions one way or the other.

Old
05-27-2013, 02:39 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
The last part is probably just the Habs giving him something to shoot for next year.

Old
05-27-2013, 03:08 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
The last part is probably just the Habs giving him something to shoot for next year.
Correct imagine if they said, nope hell be headed back to the WHL he sucks.

Old
05-27-2013, 03:23 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Skating as to be a major issue 'cause why the heck would you not sign a 6'3'' scorer? I guess some could understand not signing Archambault...but what's the reasoning being Pribyl?
I assume they aren't signing Pribyl because of his skating/lack of mobility/foot speed. It's too bad cause he's got some hands and the big frame but since he can make money at home, I don't see him signing an AHL contract so I guess the Habs don't want to gamble that he can improve upon those areas enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Love Pribyl, but if his skating is that bad, why offer him a contract?
His skating is bad but he's got a really big frame for a 19 year old and slick hands, if you think you can improve his skating/mobility/foot speed he might be worth a gamble but if you don't then I can see why a team wouldn't sign him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Is Didier really as physical as Komisarek?
Comparing their NCAA playing days, i'd say it's close. Didier moves much better and is quicker, so he can really thump people whereas Komisarek with his size kept players from the right corner as they knew he would be there to greet them.

Didier also excels on the PK, he can block shots and since he moves well he can cover ground as he's got a thick frame and is likely still growing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgolt View Post
interesting....
interesting, had heard talk that there was some problems between him and the blades management, I don't know the full details so hopefully now that he won't be a blade he can use it as a learning experience. I still don't think he plays in the dub next year though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Hay >>> Molleken.

Also getting to work with Gallagher's dad in the gym. And back in his hometown.

Good fit for Dalton. Just further cements that we should send him back as an overager.

And if VAN is not looking like a contender (likely), they can trade him to a legit contender around Christmas.
I don't think this cements anything, although I like it as I did not want to see him go back to the blades, something is clearly wrong with that team with the way they looked in the playoffs. Very disturbing to see the entire team look completely lost at home during the playoffs.

Quote:
Personally to me it should be a given that he plays in the AHL since he'll be 20 and already has 4 full seasons under his belt going back to when he was 15. For me i'd much rather see kids move up to the pros then return to the CHL as overagers, I'd rather see them play against bigger/stronger/quicker players then return to playing against younger players. Plus if injuries hit, the trickle down effect could mean he moves up to the AHL if he can't land a full time spot, whereas in the CHL that's it other then an emergency recall to the NHL he has to stay in the CHL until his season is over. But we'll see what the Habs opt to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Interesting...I'm not a fan of sending players back for their OA year, but in Thrower's case I wouldn't really have much of a problem.
I'd be pissed if he plays in the dub again. He's already played more games then Dietz in their WHL careers, not sure what he would learn by getting to 300 games in the dub while playing against younger players. Personally I'd much rather see him in the ECHL then the WHL but we'll see what the Habs have in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Definitely needs another year in the WHL..
I really don't see why he needs another year in the WHL. In the last 2 years he's had, 120 games, 24-57-81 +14 192 pims. In his career in the CHL he already has 272 games under his belt (reg season/playoffs/M cup). For me I don't see the upside in playing more games against 15/20 year olds after he's already played so many games there. I'd rather give him a shot in the ECHL personally. Granted his numbers took a nose dive this year, but he's already had so much time in the dub as it is, just not sure why it would be better for him to play there vs the pros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
I wouldn't put anything into that since hopefully the decision isn't made yet as they should be taking a close look at him during the development camp before they make a final call. If he were already signed and they made that comment I might be a little more concerned.

Old
05-27-2013, 04:53 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Archambault's agent confirms he won't receive an offer from the Habs.

http://www.journalexpress.ca/Sports/...la-serviette/1

Old
05-27-2013, 04:58 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post

I'll be damned.

Habs Prospects website
Old
05-27-2013, 05:17 PM
MXD

Quote:

Not a surprise at this point, but, I don't know... he doesn't actually scream "bad candidate to sign". Or just to offer him an AHL contract, he could have been useful in the A or in the E.

But whatever -- there are FA prospects that are better than Archambeault.

Old
05-27-2013, 05:20 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

I'd rather sign an OA like Fournier or MacAuley.

Old
05-27-2013, 05:22 PM
Et le But

I do think Archy, Pribyl and Walsh are better candidates than some of the guys we have previously signed. The only one I'm kind of upset about losing is Pribyl, but I'm still surprised.

Closed Thread