HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Grabovski Admits to Biting Pacioretty

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-20-2013, 04:24 PM
  #26
Marco Esquandolas
Registered Abuser
 
Marco Esquandolas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,831
vCash: 1170
I think it may be time the league lets go of 'tradition' and looks into mandatory snorkels


Last edited by Marco Esquandolas: 05-20-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Marco Esquandolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 04:24 PM
  #27
The Hutch
Registered User
 
The Hutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Westminster, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 543
vCash: 500
I like that someone already suggested in the comments section that Grabo should be expecting an in-person hearing soon. Hilarity.

The Hutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 04:36 PM
  #28
iPunch
Registered Leafs Fan
 
iPunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,231
vCash: 133
Should have bit him harder

iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 04:40 PM
  #29
Interactif
Meet The New Boss
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,772
vCash: 500
Trade him to Montreal, would be too funny.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 04:52 PM
  #30
Paris in Flames
Registered User
 
Paris in Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,240
vCash: 50
I'm not sure many of us denied he bit him. I think 98% of humans on earth would do the same as Grabo.

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 04:53 PM
  #31
Diatomic
#FireCarlyle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Air Canada Centre
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,331
vCash: 500
He should have bit harder. Atta boy grabo.

Diatomic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 06:28 PM
  #32
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 33,842
vCash: 500
Not sure what to think.

Kind of a girly thing to do

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 06:41 PM
  #33
rimshot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North of South Mtn.
Posts: 470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
Not sure what to think.

Kind of a girly thing to do
I agree but I think Pacioready will eventually grow out of it.

rimshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 06:46 PM
  #34
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshot View Post
I agree but I think Pacioready will eventually grow out of it.

TonsofPuppies* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 06:50 PM
  #35
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,475
vCash: 500
Should have bit him harder.

Choke me and you can forget some red marks. You'll lose a chunk.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 06:52 PM
  #36
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
Not sure what to think.

Kind of a girly thing to do
So you've never been choked and unable to push the persons arm away.

Trust me, once that air stops flowing into your lungs you won't care one little bit if biting is "girly" or not. All you want is oxygen.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 06:57 PM
  #37
Interactif
Meet The New Boss
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,772
vCash: 500
I certainly didn't detect a choke, more like the cross face chicken wing by Pacioretty.

As demonstrated here.


Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 07:01 PM
  #38
TheKule
Registered User
 
TheKule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
I certainly didn't detect a choke, more like the cross face chicken wing by Pacioretty.
both of his air passages were blocked

TheKule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 07:25 PM
  #39
GrabsOverHabs
Registered User
 
GrabsOverHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 176
vCash: 500
I'm not trying to be mean here, Grabovski is one of my favourite Leafs after all, but does it seem like the answers to the questions in the Yahoo! interview are in better English than you've ever heard Grabovski speak?

GrabsOverHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 07:29 PM
  #40
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky
 
Sokil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 5,801
vCash: 500
Pac shouldn't have stuck his hand inside someone's mouth while choking him. Action and reaction, common sense, bawd.

Sokil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 07:30 PM
  #41
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky
 
Sokil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 5,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
Not sure what to think.

Kind of a girly thing to do

Sokil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 08:05 PM
  #42
Aplayaz2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,156
vCash: 500
shud of taken a chunk out of him

Aplayaz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 08:09 PM
  #43
Kiotzu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabsOverHabs View Post
I'm not trying to be mean here, Grabovski is one of my favourite Leafs after all, but does it seem like the answers to the questions in the Yahoo! interview are in better English than you've ever heard Grabovski speak?
Honestly this was the first thing I thought reading the interview as well. Possible translator?

Kiotzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 08:57 PM
  #44
CrankuptheSnakes
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
CrankuptheSnakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,933
vCash: 500
Well, after the Nonis presser in this interview, I think we can put to bed the garbage about a buyout or trade. Sounds like there's some restored confidence, and renewed purpose.

Paccioretty shouldn't try to cover mouths anymore, if he values his arm.

CrankuptheSnakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:32 PM
  #45
Disgruntled Observer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,316
vCash: 500
I'm a fan of Grabo and think he get's an unfair amount of flak around here.

However...

I'm going to do what so many people are simply unable to do...
try my best to see it from the other perspective.

If I watched that video, but switched the jerseys on the players, I would say that there was no way that he was actually being "choked". No way. I would call it a pathetically lame excuse.
And I would say that biting is cowardly and, given what I saw on that video, was an over-reaction.

I think that that is what pretty much ALL the leaf fans here would say if the players jerseys were switched.
Unfortunately, most people are very small and petty and are MUCH more affected by bias than they will acknowledge or admit to.

It really is remarkable to me...
Almost every habs fan says that, given the circumstance, Grabo shouldn't have bit him. Yet almost every leaf fan says that the biting was warranted.
THAT'S how affected people are by bias. Yet most people still REFUSE to take that into consideration while they form opinions.
People are so petty and weak... it literally scares me sometimes.

Disgruntled Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:37 PM
  #46
thewave
Registered User
 
thewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankuptheSnakes View Post
Well, after the Nonis presser in this interview, I think we can put to bed the garbage about a buyout or trade. Sounds like there's some restored confidence, and renewed purpose.

Paccioretty shouldn't try to cover mouths anymore, if he values his arm.
Grabo is a guy you can win with, you need that determination on a team to win. He may not be a 5.5 guy but he is a 4.75 guy and never stops under pressure. Gotta give him the 2nd or 1st line.

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:57 PM
  #47
thewave
Registered User
 
thewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Observer View Post
I'm a fan of Grabo and think he get's an unfair amount of flak around here.

However...

I'm going to do what so many people are simply unable to do...
try my best to see it from the other perspective.

If I watched that video, but switched the jerseys on the players, I would say that there was no way that he was actually being "choked". No way. I would call it a pathetically lame excuse.
And I would say that biting is cowardly and, given what I saw on that video, was an over-reaction.

I think that that is what pretty much ALL the leaf fans here would say if the players jerseys were switched.
Unfortunately, most people are very small and petty and are MUCH more affected by bias than they will acknowledge or admit to.

It really is remarkable to me...
Almost every habs fan says that, given the circumstance, Grabo shouldn't have bit him. Yet almost every leaf fan says that the biting was warranted.
THAT'S how affected people are by bias. Yet most people still REFUSE to take that into consideration while they form opinions.
People are so petty and weak... it literally scares me sometimes.
And people with no bias say they can't determine the choke or the bite. There is commotion so if you go on the word he was being choked and defended himself as most human beings would.

You could see him trying to remove his arm though so I think Grabo is being truthful. People panic when can't breathe.

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:44 PM
  #48
FlareKnight
Registered User
 
FlareKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,709
vCash: 50
Not surprising. My first response was that when you put your arm into someone's face or mouth expect something to happen. People have teeth.

FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:54 PM
  #49
Disgruntled Observer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
And people with no bias say they can't determine the choke or the bite. There is commotion so if you go on the word he was being choked and defended himself as most human beings would.

You could see him trying to remove his arm though so I think Grabo is being truthful. People panic when can't breathe.
Biting is cowardly.
Whether a leaf or another teams player bites, I will call it cowardly.
And I'm saying this as a pretty big fan of Grabo.

It's interesting that in extreme fighting competitions, biting is pretty much the only mode of attack that is illegal.
It's seen as that cowardly and unsportsmanlike across pretty much every platform of competition.

Disgruntled Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:08 PM
  #50
The Blue Devil
Registered User
 
The Blue Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,305
vCash: 500
I agree with the people that are saying that there was probably a translator for the Grabo interview on yahoo. I thought it was a great interview and it showed us a lot about the character of Grabo, he handled himself well and I hope he comes back next year firing on all cylinders.

The Blue Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.