Notices

Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Monday Night RAW Thread Part 44

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2013, 09:43 AM
Foy

vCash: 500
I find it very interesting that McGuilli-Axel is someone that HHH is very high on, so HHH has him repackaged...and given to Heyman?

Shows a lot of faith in Heyman by the Hs.

Also, Ryback the heel is a million times better than Ryback the face. He sounded so much like himself, and it was surprising to hear him go full heel.

Old
05-21-2013, 09:48 AM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Encounter View Post
That part of the post wasn't just directed at members of this forum, but other forums as well, Twitter posts that I had the misfortune of reading and even some peeps on my Facebook. There was this general feeling that MVP or RVD was coming back and the dirt sheets weren't helping either.

I'll make this argument. You said "... for a guy we've seen before." Would you have had the same let down if it was, say, Cesaro who walked out and was named the newest client of Paul Heyman?

My point is this; we've seen it before with these young up-and-comers. They stick around for a little bit and then they disappear. Creative has nothing for them, as they would put it. Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel are two guys that rarely see any TV time and when they do, it's a crappy Saturday Morning Slam match. Ted Dibiase Jr., a young man with loads of talent, has nothing. Now we have Axel, another young man with loads of talent, and a third generation superstar to boot, I have a hard time figuring out why more people aren't behind this. Big let-down aside, this is a good move going forward. It shows the boys in the back that there is a place for them if they keep improving. If you bring someone like an RVD or an MVP back, nothing changes and the young guys continue to get wasted.
i was kinda hoping for Cesaro, but I like that its Henning...should work out well...plus having Heyman as his mouthpiece will let him ease into having to cut promos...

Old
05-21-2013, 09:49 AM
M.C.G. 31
BE HUMBLE

vCash: 656
I just wanted Bray Wyatt...but he doesnt need a mouthpiece.

They need to get him on TV ASAP.

Old
05-21-2013, 09:54 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
That part of the post wasn't just directed at members of this forum, but other forums as well, Twitter posts that I had the misfortune of reading and even some peeps on my Facebook. There was this general feeling that MVP or RVD was coming back and the dirt sheets weren't helping either.

I'll make this argument. You said "... for a guy we've seen before." Would you have had the same let down if it was, say, Cesaro who walked out and was named the newest client of Paul Heyman?

My point is this; we've seen it before with these young up-and-comers. They stick around for a little bit and then they disappear. Creative has nothing for them, as they would put it. Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel are two guys that rarely see any TV time and when they do, it's a crappy Saturday Morning Slam match. Ted Dibiase Jr., a young man with loads of talent, has nothing. Now we have Axel, another young man with loads of talent, and a third generation superstar to boot, I have a hard time figuring out why more people aren't behind this. Big let-down aside, this is a good move going forward. It shows the boys in the back that there is a place for them if they keep improving. If you bring someone like an RVD or an MVP back, nothing changes and the young guys continue to get wasted.
That's a very good post. I think Cesaro makes more sense from a writing standpoint. Maybe my reaction would have been different. Perfect Jr is 33. I wish it was a young upcoming star.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:26 AM
canucksfan

From what I remember axel isn't good on the mic but is in the ring so giving him to Heyman makes sense. More I think about it the ending makes him look weak. They should have had him attack hhh.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:59 AM
AfroThunder396
Certified G

vCash: 1670
Hell No needs to go their separate ways, and Bryan needs to be in the title picture.

A slow burn Cena/Bryan feud leading to a SS main event would be outstanding. Maybe have Punk return at MitB and make it a Triple Threat.

Old
05-21-2013, 11:05 AM
M.C.G. 31
BE HUMBLE

Lesnar-Cena
Punk-Ziggler
Ambrose-Bryan
Shield-Brothers of Destruction

I wouldnt mind this as the top four matches for SummerSlam, personally.

05-21-2013, 11:07 AM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Hell No needs to go their separate ways, and Bryan needs to be in the title picture.

A slow burn Cena/Bryan feud leading to a SS main event would be outstanding. Maybe have Punk return at MitB and make it a Triple Threat.
I thought they were going to do everything they could to keep Punk and Cena away from each other for a while. That way it is more special when they fight next.

Old
05-21-2013, 12:11 PM

I wish he would just be called Joe Hennig.

Although I guess it does make sense since his dads name is Curtis and his grandfathers nickname was "The Axe"

Old
05-21-2013, 12:11 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

eh, lesner/cena does nothing for me...it was ruined last year by being rushed thru

Old
05-21-2013, 12:35 PM
Engebretson
The Bruce is Loose

vCash: 2500
The only parts I watched last night were the Shield promo and match and then the ending.

Not that he particularly cares, but HHH had a great opportunity to silence his critics that claim he does nothing but bury the younger talent. Instead, the whole angle was centered around HHH and his future while the match against Axel was almost immediately forgotten. That angle didn't bury Axel, but it pretty much ignored him which is just a different kind of bad.

Old
05-21-2013, 12:47 PM
JuicyJ*

People aren't upset that Its not Rvd or MVP people are upset that it is Axel because he was absolutely ****ing terrible as The genesis of the of of um mcgillicuttys!

And HHH didn't "bury" him at all. What the hell are you guys talking about ?

Old
05-21-2013, 12:57 PM
donkshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chael Sonnen View Post
Lesnar-Cena
Punk-Ziggler
Ambrose-Bryan
Shield-Brothers of Destruction

I wouldnt mind this as the top four matches for SummerSlam, personally.
Wouldn't mind? That'd be an unreal Top 4 IMO.

Old
05-21-2013, 01:21 PM
canucksfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicyJ View Post
People aren't upset that Its not Rvd or MVP people are upset that it is Axel because he was absolutely ****ing terrible as The genesis of the of of um mcgillicuttys!

And HHH didn't "bury" him at all. What the hell are you guys talking about ?
HHH didn't bury him but the end of the show was focused on HHH not Axel. Axel became an after thought.

Old
05-21-2013, 01:54 PM
RJ8812*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
I wish he would just be called Joe Hennig.

Although I guess it does make sense since his dads name is Curtis and his grandfathers nickname was "The Axe"
also add to the fact that his theme song was a re-mix of his Dad's

Old
05-21-2013, 05:20 PM
CaptainCrunch67

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
also add to the fact that his theme song was a re-mix of his Dad's
The only thing they didn't do was send him to the ring with a towel, and get him to spit out his gum and slap it into the audience.

The ending of Raw was weak, Heyman's got this long running feud with the McMahon's and HHH goes down and Heyman is sitting there with an oh my god look on his face.

It would have been better if HHH was sitting in the chair suffering and Heyman points at him and yells at Curtis Axel to get him. And Axel ruthlessly kicks his head off.

Now you have a super hot hated heel, you've got a monster feud if HHH comes back.

The ending was so soft, the only thing it was missing is some sad 80's song or the 70's incredible Hulk ending theme as HHH flops all over the mat.

We knew this was coming as soon as we heard "doctor says you shouldn't do this"

Wonder if HHH comes out to the ring next week and does an interview where he talks about leaving to find his "smile"

Old
05-21-2013, 05:23 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Remember when they built up Honky Tonk Man introducing a superstar protege, and it was Rockabilly?

That's kind of what Curt Axel is.

Also, Heyman is wrong....when Lesnar showed up out of nowhere, he started destroying and F5ing people. People were like....whoa.
Yeah, Lesnar went nuts on Al Snow, Maven, and Spike Dudley.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
05-21-2013, 06:56 PM
BGDDYKWL

I see people comparing Brock's appearance to Axel's. Night and day obviously. But the difference is if Axel came in and did something like that, it wouldn't be believable. When Brock does it, you believe it, cause he's a freak. Everyone seems upset that HHH doesn't put this kid over, but it just wouldn't be credible if he did that. HHH is one of the biggest stars in the industry, who just went toe to toe with Lesnar, and this kid's gonna come in and beat him? Why? There needs to be a logical reason as to how he could do that, and there just isn't one.

Take The Shield for instance. If Ambrose came in and just started beating top guys, it wouldn't have been believable, because he doesn't have the look necessary for that, like Ryback for instance. But they brought him in with a group, they explain on every broadcast how they're always able to win because they work so well together, we have ample time to hear how good Ambrose is on the mic, and slowly but surely you're able to sell him as a top guy.

Axel doesn't have the look to reach that top status, and I'm assuming since they brought him in with Heyman that he's not great on the mic. I don't care how good you are in the ring, if you're not either huge, or fantastic on the mic, you're not gonna reach that superstar status, and HHH just isn't gonna job to guys like that, nor should he.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEEROLE Vatanen View Post
i like ryback as a heel, definitely alot more entertaining and there's so much material there once he starts going in on the fans.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I disagree about one thing, CS, but still loved your post. We were disappointed because they brought the attention on themselves all day long for a guy who we've seen before. Ya know? That's my reasoning. I didn't actually read the dirt sheets, I just saw the tweets/pics/etc.
Yeah, had absolutely nothing to do with the dirt sheets for me. I hadn't heard anything about who it might be. Still was hugely disappointing. Heyman's the best talker in the business, and he currently has arguably the two biggest draws in the business, so when you hear he's gonna add a third guy you expect it to be something bigger than this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
There is but WWE likes to push their guys over deserving guys. Daniel Bryan could easily feud with Cena for three months and provide some quality matches for PPV's. Mark Henry could have. Sheamus or Orton could turn heel and feud with him as well. Ryback is just their guy and I can see why but he's just too green. He's getting better but too much too soon for him.
I know everyone loves Bryan on here, but no. The guy gets pinned ALL the time. No one will view him as a legitimate threat to Cena. Could he work some really good matches with Cena? No question, but you have to have the credibility for it to work, and he simply does not.

Quote:
They need to lose the singlet, drop the Goldberg act, and let him be himself. It's showing on the mic that he can deliver a solid promo as long as he remembers to hold the damn mic in the right spot until he finishes his damn sentence.
Agreed on all points.

Quote:
I was really hoping it would be Cesaro. That would've been MUCH better.

Old
05-21-2013, 07:26 PM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

vCash: 278
Wait, they brought back McGillicuty as a "big deal"?

Shouldn't he have to beat Kaval first?

Old
05-21-2013, 07:38 PM
M.C.G. 31
BE HUMBLE

ehuhuhuh

Old
05-21-2013, 08:39 PM
Account Terminated

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Yeah, Lesnar went nuts on Al Snow, Maven, and Spike Dudley.

That was in Montreal. I was there.

1:18, you can see me on TV, in the red baseball cap.

The arena was buzzing when he started destroying people. The triple powerbomb had the entire arena going nuts. It was a moment that I'll never forget. People around me were freaking out.

Old
05-21-2013, 09:00 PM
GarbageGoal
Clint Bobski GOAT

Then on Smackdown that week.

His debut made him an instant monster.

Old
05-21-2013, 09:18 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
I know everyone loves Bryan on here, but no. The guy gets pinned ALL the time. No one will view him as a legitimate threat to Cena. Could he work some really good matches with Cena? No question, but you have to have the credibility for it to work, and he simply does not.
There is nobody active right now that can really be viewed as a legitimate threat to Cena. This is John Cena and all the smarks know the deal. All the kiddies wouldn't believe anyone could beat him anyway. Besides, credibility isn't really necessary for putting on an entertaining feud. That can be done either verbally or in the ring. Bryan, even with all the losing, knows how to entertain in the ring. And considering all the non-ring stuff at this point is a big load of hot garbage, that's about all anyone has to look forward to until CM Punk comes back.

Old
05-21-2013, 09:36 PM
Jussi

Old
05-21-2013, 10:17 PM
M.C.G. 31
BE HUMBLE

Layla wanted it...

Closed Thread