HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 4 Lineup Adjustments

Old
05-21-2013, 11:44 PM
Kane At Mifflin

vCash: 500
Game 4 Lineup Adjustments

It seems like the season is at a breaking point analogous to after game 4 of 2010 SCF vs Flyers when there were drastic lineup changes that needed to be made. We all heard about the plane ride home that night with Scotty Bowman and Q. So what would be your lineup changes to turn this series around? The options are there, it's on Q to push the right buttons as he did in 2010 SCF.

I would LIKE to see more sand paper added to the lineup to counteract Detroit's physicality. Insert Bickell into top 6 and put him on the PP. Sit Zues. Insert Ben Smith. Put Kane back with Toews. Kane on that line should take a lot of attention off Johnny, and Kane is fine with that. The obvious one, Sharp needs to go to 2C (probably no chance). Saad needs to go to bottom 6, he looks like a worn down rookie in the post season. His effort has been pretty good, he can be a factor, but for this series he needs to go into a shutdown role that can provide offense.

Bickell/Toews/Kane
Stalberg/Sharp/Hossa
Saad/Bolland/Shaw
Smith/Kruger/Frolik

Thoughts?

Last edited by Kane At Mifflin: 05-21-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Kane At Mifflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:37 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I would like those lines but would want to switch Shaw with Smith. Shaw has to control himself first before he gets the bigger minutes again

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:49 AM
Blackhawks

I dont care what the lines are in particular as long as Zeus is out and Smith is in, also throw in Emery instead of Crawfor I am done watching soft goals scored on in crucial times.

Blackhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:51 AM
Marina
Steve Holt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawks View Post
I dont care what the lines are in particular as long as Zeus is out and Smith is in, also throw in Emery instead of Crawfor I am done watching soft goals scored on in crucial times.
What? Just. What?

Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 03:30 AM
Blackhawks

What do you mean by what? the first goal scored against him was bad, yes Seabrook got crossed a bit but he was still on Nyquist, why Crawford flopped and left half the net opened for a shot? well I dont know you tell me. Datsyuk goal? do I need to explain that? he should have had that shot... It was in a crucial moment when the Hawks had all the momentum. He NEEDS to be more than average, period.

Blackhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 05:26 AM
madgoat33

only mistake craw made on first goal was trusting that seabrook would force nyquist to shoot at worst.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 07:07 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
What do you mean by what? the first goal scored against him was bad, yes Seabrook got crossed a bit but he was still on Nyquist, why Crawford flopped and left half the net opened for a shot? well I dont know you tell me. Datsyuk goal? do I need to explain that? he should have had that shot... It was in a crucial moment when the Hawks had all the momentum. He NEEDS to be more than average, period.
Good idea, lets throw in an average goaltender who hasn't seen the ice in what, a month+ and hope he can steal a game. You say you want more than average but want to play a backup goalie, that's not as good as Crawford, and hasn't played in a month (?).

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 07:40 AM
DontToewzMeBro

Saad-Toews-Kane
Stalberg-Sharp-Hossa
Bickell-Bolland-Frolik
Kruger-Shaw-Hayes

PP one

Kane-Toews-Hossa
Leddy-Keith

PP two

Saad-Bolland-Hayes(net)
Sharp-Seabrook

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 07:44 AM
Cullksinikers

Saad's due to have a breakout game. He's been in the good areas and has shown flashes of brilliance in the last few games.

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Bolland-Kane
Bickell-Shaw-Stalberg
Smith-Kruger-Frolik

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 07:45 AM
Cullksinikers

I think it's simple as taking Handzus out and inserting Morin or Smith (I prefer Smith).

Old
05-22-2013, 07:50 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

they have practice today...so hopefully we will see signs of positive change immediately.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 07:50 AM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

The only change that needs to be made is to get Handzus out of the lineup. I don't think the lines are nearly as important as the effort of the team. If they show up and play a full 60 or close to it and consistently go to the net then they'll win.

Ace Rothstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 07:51 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
I think it's simple as taking Handzus out and inserting Morin or Smith (I prefer Smith).
I would agree with this.

The issue with the team isn't so much personal as it is system and style of play. The long cross ice passes in the zone, skating around, holding onto the puck doesn't work in the playoffs. The Hawks have to become more direct with their play and get people in front of and around Howard and make him work to make saves. Skating around the other teams zone for 30 sec. only to end up with an unobstructed shot from the point works 0 times out of infinite and has to stop.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 08:12 AM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

Last year everyone whined about Q changing lines, this year they lose two games in a row for the 3rd time in like 60 games and people want everything that's worked all year blown up

Good stuff...as noted above its all about style of play and what this team is unable to do at this point. Unless there's a Byfuglien v2 in the press box there's not much to be done.

theaub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 08:16 AM
Cullksinikers

No one wants the Q circus juggling. There are plenty of fans that wouldn't mind a guy like Morin or Smith in the lineup to replace Handzus that would bring more grit, tenacity, and scoring ability.

A fourth line can have a massive impact on a game. If any of you guys watched the Boston game last night, you have even more of an appreciation for how valuable your depth guys are.

Old
05-22-2013, 08:22 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
No one wants the Q circus juggling. There are plenty of fans that wouldn't mind a guy like Morin or Smith in the lineup to replace Handzus that would bring more grit, tenacity, and scoring ability.

A fourth line can have a massive impact on a game. If any of you guys watched the Boston game last night, you have even more of an appreciation for how valuable your depth guys are.
Ditto, the only guy I want out right now is Handsuz because he isn't doing what he was brought here to do. His FO% is almost 45% less then Bolland and beyond that he is doing nothing else. Beyond that keep the line-up the same and tell people to up their games and effort.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 08:24 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
I'd sit Zues and Shaw for Smith and Morin but that ain't happening, lol. Will be beyond happy just for a switch of Smith coming in for Zues.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 08:44 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I would like those lines but would want to switch Shaw with Smith. Shaw has to control himself first before he gets the bigger minutes again
I agree, he's got a target on his back from the refs and it would be a great move to sit him for a game, remove the posibility of him getting called for penalties. Smith (Detroit) and Shaw are the guys taking most penalties.

Old
05-22-2013, 09:12 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I'd sit Zues and Shaw for Smith and Morin but that ain't happening, lol. Will be beyond happy just for a switch of Smith coming in for Zues.
I have no interest in taking Shaw out now, he is getting under the opponents skin and laying some dandy hits. He just needs to stay out of the box.

Do this:

Sharp Toews Kane
Saad Bolland Hossa
Bickell Shaw Stalberg
Frolik Kruger Smith/Morin

Keith Seabrook
Leddy Hammer
Oduya Brookbank

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 09:15 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I have no interest in taking Shaw out now, he is getting under the opponents skin and laying some dandy hits. He just needs to stay out of the box.

Do this:

Sharp Toews Kane
Saad Bolland Hossa
Bickell Shaw Stalberg
Frolik Kruger Smith/Morin

Keith Seabrook
Leddy Hammer
Oduya Brookbank
I'm fine with that. Brookbank may help the physical battle. I'm also not against Smith as 2C. Bolland is better in the bottom 6. It's idiotic to keep putting him at 2C. It was a sketchy idea that failed miserably. Move on.

Old
05-22-2013, 09:33 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I would want

LW - Toews - Kane
Stalberg - C - Hossa
Sharp - Bolland - RW

I don't care who are the fillers on those lines but that's what I want to see. Spread out the scoring

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Spectra
Registered boozer

Handzus and Rozsival OUT, Smith/Morin and Brookbank IN

Stalberg in the top 6 over Saad, Bickell in on the PP and up Leddy's minutes, he can handle it.

Spectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Cullksinikers

That's the other guy I forgot about. Good call on Rozsival. He's skating in molasses right now and holding Oduya back. That pairing is bad because of Rozy.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Ace Rothstein
Aces High

Q did an excellent job of managing Rozsival's time in the regular season. It has become painfully obvious in the playoffs that he isn't an every game player any longer.

Ace Rothstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 10:39 AM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Still on Nyquist? Pretty sure he wound up face first on the ice. Seabrook got abused on that play. Not that Crawford gave himself a chance to make that save, but his defense didn't help him out at all.

And that third goal is an unstoppable shot. No goalie in the league saves that.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote