HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Which Current NHL Players Will Be In The Hall of Fame

Closed Thread

Old
05-18-2005, 05:25 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Messier, Brodeur, Hasek, Stevens, Sakic, Yzerman, Modano, Leetch, and Hull are the sure fire hall of famers. Messier has a Conn Smythe trophey, two Lester B. Pearson awards, two Hart Memorial trophies, and six Stanley Cup rings. Brodeur has a Calder Memorial trophy, three William M. Jennings trophies, two Vezina trophies, and three Stanley Cup rings (could be wrong on that one). Hasek has two William M. Jennings trophies, two Lester B. Pearson awards, six Vezina trophies and a Stanley Cup ring. Stevens has a Conn Smythe trophy, and three Stanley Cups. Sakic has a Conn Smythe trophy, a Lady Byng trophy, a Lester B. Pearson award, a Hart trophy, and two Stanley Cup rings. Yzerman has a Lester B. Pearson award, a Conn Smythe trophy, a Frank J. Selke trophy, a Bill Masterton Memorial trophy, and three Stanley Cup rings. Modano is sketchy because he only has one Stanley Cup ring but still has over 1100 points. Leetch has a Calder Memorial trophy, two James Norris Memorial trophies, a Conn Smythe trophy, and a Stanley Cup ring. Hull has a Lady Byng trophy, a Lester B. Pearson award, a Hart Memorial trophy, and two Stanley Cup rings; he leads this caliber of players in goals at this time.

Forsberg won't make it because of the games played and the goals scored despite being the best in the game yesterday. The same arguement applies to Eric Lindros.

Last edited by Roger's Pancreas*: 05-18-2005 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Add Lidstrom to the list of locks.
Old
05-18-2005, 05:30 PM
WC Handy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil
Yeah to me Tkachuk is going to have lot do a lot more for me than what he has done to get into the Hall. You could argue Leclair could be in ahead of him and I wouldnt have Leclair on that list either.

Tkachuk doesn't deserve to be in now, but by the time he gets done he'll probably be at 600 goals and will definately be deserving.

Old
05-18-2005, 06:04 PM
Bruins4Ever

Send a message via MSN to Bruins4Ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Canada

Lindros hasn't done a damn thing since he was 25. He's gun shy. He shows none of the same fire or passion that he used to. He looks more like a guy looking for a games played bonus, than the dominant player he used to be. A guy with Eric's skill, even in today's NHL, should be good for 90-100 points. Scored 53 points in 2003, and a 65-point pace in 2004. And the name Lindros doesn't intimidate people physically anymore, either.
Maybe all of his concussions has to do with that?

Old
05-18-2005, 09:55 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan 32
Locks:
Yzerman
Sakic
MacInnis
Brodeur
Hasek
Lidstrom
Francis
Larionov

Maybe:
Andreychuk
Sundin
Forsberg
Modano
Fedorov
Belfour
Oates
add Robitaille and Messier to your locks.

Old
05-18-2005, 09:59 PM
Habsfan 32

Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
add Robitaille and Messier to your locks.
Oh yea so true I forgot about them. Robitaille is the highest scoring left winger ever so he'll get in for sure. Messier is one of the best ever so it's a no brainer.

Old
05-18-2005, 10:12 PM
PhillyPhantoms

Roenick

Old
05-19-2005, 09:49 AM
kenabnrmal

If Selanne's knee surgery and subsequent rest repairs him to where doctors have suggested it can, he should have at least three or four more productive seasons left in him. Three more strong seasons (strong as in every year except for the Avs year) should garner him strong consideration.

Old
05-19-2005, 10:22 AM
Habsfan 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenabnrmal
If Selanne's knee surgery and subsequent rest repairs him to where doctors have suggested it can, he should have at least three or four more productive seasons left in him. Three more strong seasons (strong as in every year except for the Avs year) should garner him strong consideration.
I think that not winning a cup might cause some trouble getting in but he could still win one.

Old
05-19-2005, 12:18 PM
arrbez
bad chi

Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan 32
I think that not winning a cup might cause some trouble getting in but he could still win one.
I think winning a cup is overrated when rating players ability. I think over all playoff performances is a better way to go, regardless of how the rest of the team fares. Is Mogilny more deserving than Selanne because he has a cup? I'm not sure, I have them both pretty close IMO. Obviously it's a hell of an accomplishment, but in the end it's a team accomplishment. I don't think the cup itself should be the deciding factor in decided HOF worthyness

Old
05-19-2005, 01:38 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

The HHOF voters really don't come off as ring fetishists like the NFL does.

Old
05-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Messier, Brodeur, Hasek, Stevens, Sakic, Yzerman, Modano, Leetch, and Hull are the sure fire hall of famers. Messier has a Conn Smythe trophey, two Lester B. Pearson awards, two Hart Memorial trophies, and six Stanley Cup rings. Brodeur has a Calder Memorial trophy, three William M. Jennings trophies, two Vezina trophies, and three Stanley Cup rings (could be wrong on that one). Hasek has two William M. Jennings trophies, two Lester B. Pearson awards, six Vezina trophies and a Stanley Cup ring. Stevens has a Conn Smythe trophy, and three Stanley Cups. Sakic has a Conn Smythe trophy, a Lady Byng trophy, a Lester B. Pearson award, a Hart trophy, and two Stanley Cup rings. Yzerman has a Lester B. Pearson award, a Conn Smythe trophy, a Frank J. Selke trophy, a Bill Masterton Memorial trophy, and three Stanley Cup rings. Modano is sketchy because he only has one Stanley Cup ring but still has over 1100 points. Leetch has a Calder Memorial trophy, two James Norris Memorial trophies, a Conn Smythe trophy, and a Stanley Cup ring. Hull has a Lady Byng trophy, a Lester B. Pearson award, a Hart Memorial trophy, and two Stanley Cup rings; he leads this caliber of players in goals at this time.

Forsberg won't make it because of the games played and the goals scored despite being the best in the game yesterday. The same arguement applies to Eric Lindros.
Best post in this thread. I agree with every one of your points.

Old
05-19-2005, 03:28 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

I don't think you can base it on #'s anymore, because guys like Dino have been over looked

Old
05-19-2005, 03:30 PM
4check22

Send a message via MSN to 4check22 Send a message via Yahoo to 4check22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic
I don't think you can base it on #'s anymore, because guys like Dino have been over looked
True, but Dino not making it is a colossal injustice.

Old
05-19-2005, 09:24 PM
Bring Back Bucky

vCash: 968
I must have just overlooked the posts where one of you chaps mentioned Kelly Buchberger. Certainly you can't all have ommitted him....

Old
05-19-2005, 11:17 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
If Steve Yzerman doesn't get in on the first try, there is something definitely wrong.

That said, I think Igor Larionov is a shoe-in...and I wouldn't vote for Eric Lindros to sweep the floors in the HHOF...his attitude shoots that right down for me.

My list is a long one, and I won't bore you with it...suffice to say that you guys have covered most of it already.

Old
05-19-2005, 11:22 PM
Habsfan 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira
If Steve Yzerman doesn't get in on the first try, there is something definitely wrong.
That said, I think Igor Larionov is a shoe-in...and I wouldn't vote for Eric Lindros to sweep the floors in the HHOF...his attitude shoots that right down for me.

My list is a long one, and I won't bore you with it...suffice to say that you guys have covered most of it already.
I don't think you have to worry about Yzerman not getting in on his first try.

Old
05-19-2005, 11:29 PM
tml_4ever
It's Chaotic

Luc Robitaille, Steve Yzerman, Sergei Fedorov, Joe Sakic.....probably forgetting a bunch

Old
05-20-2005, 11:30 AM
SharkGirl27

Send a message via AIM to SharkGirl27
I definitely think everyone nearing the end, or in Larionov's case the end, of their careers has been named. Let's have some fun with it and predict the young(er) guys that as of now if they keep going at the rate they are or improve, will most likely make it when they retire.

I'll start with:
Lecavalier
Crosby
Iginla
Heatley
Kovalchuk
Brad Richards
Rick Nash
Gaborik
Datsyuk
Spezza
Luongo
Marian Hossa

obviously a ton more, but that's all I can think of right now...

Last edited by SharkGirl27: 05-20-2005 at 11:58 AM.
Old
05-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABSoluteDMB11
I definitely think everyone nearing the end, or in Larionov's case the end, of their careers has been named. Let's have some fun with it and predict the young(er) guys that as of now if they keep going at the rate they are or improve, will most likely make it when they retire.

I'll start with:
Lecavalier
Iginla
Heatley
Kovalchuk
Brad Richards
Rick Nash
Gaborik
Datsyuk
Spezza
Luongo
Marian Hossa

obviously a ton more, but that's all I can think of right now...
The only ones I can agree with on that list are Iginla, Richards, Nash, and Luongo.
Iginla will be the best player in the NHL once Forsberg retires, no question about it. Richards lead his team to their franchises first Stanley Cup and captured a well deserved Conn Smythe at twenty five years old. Nash is one of the most nature pure goal scorers in the NHL today, no questions about it. Luongo is at Martin Brodeur's level while also being 7+ years younger.

Old
05-20-2005, 05:27 PM
Sotnos

Actually, Richards turned 24 during the playoffs last year. Not sure if that makes him more impressive or not.

Old
05-20-2005, 05:32 PM
WC Handy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Iginla will be the best player in the NHL once Forsberg retires, no question about it.
I think it's safe to say that there is 'question about it'...

Old
05-20-2005, 09:05 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrbez
Tkachuk seems wildly out of place to me. I see nothing in his resume to put him above Fedorov, Sundin, Modano, Lindros, Recchi, Roenick, Andreychuk, and just about everyone else mentioned. In fact, i'd have him well below all of them.
Yeah, Modano >>>>>> Tkachuk

Old
05-20-2005, 09:11 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Canada
I've always held Tkachuk the player (not the person) in very high esteem. He has been a dominant power forward for a decade. Likely the second best LW in the game, year-in, year-out, behind only Shanahan, starting in about 1992 or 1993. Since his rookie year, he's been a point-per-game player in a defensive era, while playing a punishing, physical game. If not for injuries, we're talking about an 8-time 40 goal scorer and a guy with five or six 90-point seasons. If he doesn't get in, it will be because his spotty health record held him back, much like Nieuwendyk.

As a player, I'd take Tkachuk in his prime over Roenick, and definitely over Modano.

Out of my list, he and Nieuwendyk are probably the most borderline guys. I think if they could have stayed healthy, they would be locks, because unlike, say, Lindros, they've been hungry in the later years of their careers.
Huh, Modano consistently out pointed Tkachuk and had a better +/- He also helped to lead his team to a stanley cup victory while playing with a broken wrist.

Old
05-22-2005, 10:41 PM
roccol

I can't believe nobody has said Niklas Lidstrom. A definite lock for the hall of fame. He probably doesn't even need to play another game.

Old
05-22-2005, 10:52 PM
norrisnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccol
I can't believe nobody has said Niklas Lidstrom. A definite lock for the hall of fame. He probably doesn't even need to play another game.
He's already been on a couple "lock" lists.

Closed Thread