HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Brent Seabrook

Old
05-24-2013, 12:52 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

vCash: 500
How about from the Ducks:
Luca Sbisa
Peter Holland
Igor Bobkov
2013 2nd (NYI)

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 12:55 AM
CraniumCram
Beasts of the East

Ooooh I'd love to get Seabrook to play with Myers, sounds mouthwatering.
Sekera + Tyler Ennis?

That seems like exactly what you're asking for.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 01:02 AM
MarleauApologist
#FireDougWilson

His numbers are really alarming. His production was awful, his defense was bad from what I saw, and his shooting percentage was about double his previous career high.

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 01:24 AM
AngelDuck
Keith MF Richards

Fowler-Seabrook...Sounds good to me.

What would you guys want in return for Seabrook from the Ducks?

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 01:28 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

What does his limited NTC look like? That should have a substantial impact on where you hope to shop him.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 01:30 AM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

vCash: 50
O'Reilly for Seabrook would make a lot of sense, but O'Reilly can't be traded until February.

Maybe Seguin for Seabrook straight-up? Depends on what Boston thinks of Seguin. Personally, I think they should keep him, but this is a value-for-value move.

Plekanec (+) for Seabrook seems about right, too.

There really aren't many available top-6 centers out there when you think about it, even for a player of Seabrook's caliber.

EDIT: Could see the Isles being interested, too. Maybe Nielsen/Strome + for Seabrook? Don't know if they'd want to move a center, although it depends on how far along they think Nelson is, IMO. He looked good in game 6 against Pittsburgh.

Alvvays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 01:55 AM
HawkinMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
What does his limited NTC look like? That should have a substantial impact on where you hope to shop him.
Details aren't public, at least not right now. Not very helpful, but at least it keeps the discussion open to more than a few teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
Ooooh I'd love to get Seabrook to play with Myers, sounds mouthwatering.
Sekera + Tyler Ennis?

That seems like exactly what you're asking for.
Ennis has potential, but I think the Hawks would be looking for someone a little bigger and who plays a bit more of a two-way game. I should probably specify that in the OP. Unfortunately Pominville would have been of interest but that ship has sailed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKQ View Post
How about from the Ducks:
Luca Sbisa
Peter Holland
Igor Bobkov
2013 2nd (NYI)
No thank you. Quantity for quality (can't believe I'm saying that about Seabrook lol) and doesn't improve the Hawks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
O'Reilly for Seabrook would make a lot of sense, but O'Reilly can't be traded until February.

Maybe Seguin for Seabrook straight-up? Depends on what Boston thinks of Seguin. Personally, I think they should keep him, but this is a value-for-value move.

Plekanec (+) for Seabrook seems about right, too.

There really aren't many available top-6 centers out there when you think about it, even for a player of Seabrook's caliber.

EDIT: Could see the Isles being interested, too. Maybe Nielsen/Strome + for Seabrook? Don't know if they'd want to move a center, although it depends on how far along they think Nelson is, IMO. He looked good in game 6 against Pittsburgh.
You bring up some interesting points.

1. As terrible as Colorado's defense is, I think O'Reilly is their guy and after such trying negotiations they wouldn't be willing to part with him anytime soon. Seabrook for O'Reilly seems pretty fair though.

2. Boston is deep enough on defense, I highly doubt they'd give up on Seguin just to add to that. I don't like Seabrook for Seguin, he has a lot of potential but as you can see right now we don't need more playoff disappearing acts, lol. Value isn't bad but I'm just not fond of Seguin as a player.

3. Isles don't really fit the bill IMO. Unfortunately I can see the Hawks having interest in Streit but he's a FA anyway. Nielsen would be nice, but another decent roster player would have to come along with him.

I think Plekanec + Diaz for Seabrook is almost a perfect trade. Montreal could use a bigger physical defenseman and the Hawks could use another two-way center in the top 6, as well as Diaz who could fill out the bottom pairing and perhaps become more someday. A fixed gap and potential 3-4 defenseman for the Hawks, for a permanent fixture on Montreal's blueline for years to come. I think that's fair.

Last edited by HawkinMI: 05-24-2013 at 02:24 AM.
HawkinMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 03:53 AM
bernmeister

Girardi + Brian Boyle
for
Seabrook'
prospect

you get actual cap savings and increased flexibility
Boyle allows you to move somebody (Bolland)

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 04:54 AM
DavidBL

Didn't this thread come up a week ago? I got flamed for my offer of
Sbisa-Young D with upside to fill the gap left by Seabrook
Holland-Prospect with 2c upside and good 2 way game
1st round pick. (if you want a goalie we might toss Anderson or Bobkov in there to make room for Gibson.

I thought this would satisfy the OPs desire and it even cuts cap so the Hawks can resign some of their important depth players.

DavidBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 09:04 AM
junyab

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Plekanec and Diaz and that's a lot for how Seabrook has played but I think he can bounce back and I think Josh Gorges would be a perfect partner for him.
That's a great deal for both sides.

junyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:07 AM
Commander Clueless
Spazmatic Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkinMI View Post
I don't see why Toronto would be interested, Seabrook doesn't provide much Phaneuf doesn't already give them. Montreal, perhaps.
Leafs need a top 4 right side guy (preferably defensive) either to play with Phaneuf or to play 2nd pairing (probably with Gardiner) to balance him out (make him play less minutes because he's far more effective when he's not being overplayed).

Seabrook could fit the bill.

Of course, they may just look to develop within the organization. I'm not sure what Nonis will do.

Commander Clueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:24 AM
zmwong99

although i dont think it is enough from the oilers

gagner/7th overall + petry/N. Shultz + musil/gernat/maracin

first time trying

zmwong99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:30 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmwong99 View Post
although i dont think it is enough from the oilers

gagner/7th overall + petry/N. Shultz + musil/gernat/maracin

first time trying
I don't think Gagner and the 7th are interchangeable pieces, however I do think Chicago would be interested in both.

Gagner + 7th overall + Musil for Seabrook + McNeil seem to benefit both teams from an outsiders perspective.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:45 AM
blinkman360
Norris

Isles have a big, 2-way C prospect who appears to be NHL ready in Brock Nelson. Projects perfectly as a 2C. I know most Isles fans don't want to see him traded, but considering Seabrook seems to be exactly what the Isles are looking for, and the fact that Strome can slot into that vacant 2C role in Nelson's place, I would think the Islanders would be all over this if Seabrook is indeed available.

Not sure what other pieces would need to be added, but the Islanders have a ton of solid D-prospects outside of Reinhart that could be available. I'm sure their 1st rounder would be in play as well if it came down to it.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:57 AM
Zillaege

As a sens fan I'd offer up Zibanejad + Gryba. Zibanejad is pretty close to being established as a 2c at this point, is young, cheap, and plays a hard physical game. He also played at 40 pt pace this year at just 19 years old, on a team that struggled mightily to score. I hate to give him up, but between Spezza, Turris, Pageau and Smith, we can spare a centre, and Seabrook gives us arguably the best defense in the east.

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Seabrook

Is a dirty top 4

Zillaege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:57 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Isles have a big, 2-way C prospect who appears to be NHL ready in Brock Nelson. Projects perfectly as a 2C. I know most Isles fans don't want to see him traded, but considering Seabrook seems to be exactly what the Isles are looking for, and the fact that Strome can slot into that vacant 2C role in Nelson's place, I would think the Islanders would be all over this if Seabrook is indeed available.

Not sure what other pieces would need to be added, but the Islanders have a ton of solid D-prospects outside of Reinhart that could be available. I'm sure their 1st rounder would be in play as well if it came down to it.
To land a player like Seabrooke, I'd hope Snow would be aggressive and in the mix.
What a boost he'd be to the isles D.

Since Snow has already offered up $5m for Streit, we know Seabrooke's $5.8m is not that far off Snow's budget.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:59 AM
Sarava

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade. But the chances of Seabs getting moved are very slim IMO. He was the Hawks best defensemen before this shortened season. If the Hawks do indeed get bounced by Detroit, I suspect the big move will be a coaching change.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 12:21 PM
Extra Texture
Slurpy in the house

I'm sure I will get booed off stage for this, but I've always had this idea in the back of my mind as a kind of sentimental favorite of swapping Saad and Sutter, to have Saad playing in his hometown and Sutter for his dad's team.

What about something based around
Seabrook, Saad
for
Letang, Sutter

I wont give my rational as I realize there are many things wrong with this*, but its purely an assessment of value. Cap-wise I think it could work, though after 2014 Chicago would have to extend Letang and give Sutter a raise, which might be untenable for them. I know its totally unrealistic, but its just to see what people think.

Just some of the issues I can see
*Pens need Letang and have looked far less dangerous offensively without him in the lineup
*Saad is cheap and has bags of potential, and thus the Hawks probably dont even entertain moving him
*Hawksdont need offensive help on the blueline, and would then have to extend Letang in a year
*Pens wont be giving up Sutter anytime soon as he has been a dream as 3C and is reasonably priced
*With the emergence of Leddy, I dont think the Hawks would alter their core D to add another smooth skater, even one as good as Letang
*Hawks want a 2C and Sutter is promising but probably cant step into that role right away

Last edited by Extra Texture: 05-24-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Extra Texture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 01:39 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkinMI View Post
If this return came back for Seabrook I'd be pretty satisfied. Pretty fair value, I think it's more than he should get for how he's played but not quite as much as his potential earns. Which I think is what the value for a player that had a down year should be.

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Plekanec-Kane
Bickell-Bolland-Shaw
Hayes-Kruger-Frolik

Keith-Hjalmarsson
Leddy-Oduya
Rozsival-Diaz

That defense is horrid especially having Leddy/Oduya playing together

Bolland being back is a nonstarter ,, No reason to waste another year on him

And Bickell will be unaffordable if you don't dump Bolland

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 01:47 PM
blinkman360
Norris

OT, but how has Roszival looked for you guys this year? Always thought he was solid. Could be a nice, cheap alternative for a lot of teams this offseason.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 02:00 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Rozy as a #6 was fine ,, Put in top 4 role for long stretches not good

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 04:19 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Gagner and the 7th overall for Seabrook and McNeill

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 04:43 PM
Hawkaholic

HF gives up on players way too early.

Seems like a lot of players are struggling late in the season..maybe there's a reason aside from them just being crappy hockey players all of the sudden.

I can understand trading Seabs for sake of change, but CHI is not giving him away. They would need AT least a top #2C in return, as in, #2C right now not in the future.

Personally, I have limited interest in trading him at all. But the minimum it would take is a Plekanec +, type of package.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 04:55 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
HF gives up on players way too early.

Seems like a lot of players are struggling late in the season..maybe there's a reason aside from them just being crappy hockey players all of the sudden.

I can understand trading Seabs for sake of change, but CHI is not giving him away. They would need AT least a top #2C in return, as in, #2C right now not in the future.

Personally, I have limited interest in trading him at all. But the minimum it would take is a Plekanec +, type of package.
For Seabrook to be playing the way he is right now I honestly and truly suspect an injury. His play is very uncharacteristic and there is NO WAY he has suddenly declined to the state he is currently in. Hawks fans I know have speculated the same thing.

In any case, I would very much try and work a Plekanec + for Seabrook kind of deal. Both are great players and both would help their new team. What kind of "+" are you thinking of?

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 05:07 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by STC View Post
As a Hawks fan who watches every game I sure hope the GMs in the league are as ignorant as the people posting in this thread! I would take at least 90% of the deals being offered here without hesitation. You people have no clue how bad Seabrook has gotten. He is a TERRIBLE hockey player at this point in his career. It was about as rapid a decline I have ever seen in a player. Given his contract I would consider amnestying his worthless ass.

He's slow, bad and looks and plays like he's uninterested in the game. Not a good combination.
I have a feeling a lot of proven veterans will bounce back next year with the summer and full training camp. Seabrook has been a top pairing defenseman for a while now, I doubt his play would permanently fall off a cliff in such a short period of time.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote