HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Doughty vs Karlsson

View Poll Results: Better Player?
Doughty 46 28.57%
Karlsson 110 68.32%
Even 5 3.11%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-22-2013, 04:27 PM
Magix

vCash: 500
So when the general consensus here was weber > karlsson (which isn't true fwiw) it was fine and proved whatever issues the op had with karlsson were right. But in this poll since most think ek > dd, its because of ek lovers on their fake accounts.

Yup, we are the trolls.

Old
05-22-2013, 04:31 PM
nki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Your missing the point of that statement.

For debating between 2 players, you cannot use a team accomplishment to say one player is better than the other because that team accomplishment required a team to win it. The individual trophy was won by one player and with no help from others.

Winning a Norris does mean something. It means Karlsson was the best player last season, even over Doughty. If you disagree with that you are saying all of Lidstroms, Orrs, Harveys and Potvins Norris's were meaningless.
You can't take away the fact that someone is consistently one of the best defensemen on winning teams, including the best player on a Stanley Cup winning team. This isn't fantasy hockey.

Old
05-22-2013, 04:44 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Your missing the point of that statement.

For debating between 2 players, you cannot use a team accomplishment to say one player is better than the other because that team accomplishment required a team to win it. The individual trophy was won by one player and with no help from others.

Winning a Norris does mean something. It means Karlsson was the best player last season, even over Doughty. If you disagree with that you are saying all of Lidstroms, Orrs, Harveys and Potvins Norris's were meaningless.
I never said Doughty's Stanley Cup performance necessarily makes him better than Karlsson. In fact, I voted for Karlsson in this poll. What I took issue with was the claim that any top 20 defenseman could have done what Doughty did last year. This is simply not true. Doughty was arguably the most important player for the Kings on that Cup run. This is confirmed by both statistics and the "eye test".

Old
05-22-2013, 04:46 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
TBH imho if you create a defensive trophy, and Karlsson is back to 100%, you're making that trophy for Karlsson. He wouldn't have won it last year at all, but going forward, it'd be his. He'd win the offensive one if he put up the most points but that is the trophy which wouldn't be guaranteed.

I respect your opinion, but I guess I agree to disagree because I believe he wouldn't.

Old
05-22-2013, 04:59 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Doughty is a great defenceman and will undoubtedly challenge for or win a Norris at some point.

There's not a lot between them IMO. Slightly different players, but very valuable when they're on their game as total game-breakers.

Old
05-22-2013, 05:25 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Karlsson at his form he was in this season before the injury is a top five defenseman defensively in the league.

Old
05-22-2013, 05:36 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 1200
Closed, since a consensus has been reached.