HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Rangers at Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-21-2013, 08:31 PM
  #1
Joey Bones
Trump's Hairgel
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,036
vCash: 500
Rangers at Draft

Will they get a first since they don't have one this year and a 2nd?

all players are good to work a deal around except the following: Callahan, Lundqvist, McDonagh, and Stepan.

Other than that all players, prospects, and other draft picks can be set up for a deal. Please make the proposal reasonable and a legitimate proposal for a frist round pick.

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 08:38 PM
  #2
AnthonyJohnson
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
Will they get a first since they don't have one this year and a 2nd?

all players are good to work a deal around except the following: Callahan, Lundqvist, McDonagh, and Stepan.

Other than that all players, prospects, and other draft picks can be set up for a deal. Please make the proposal reasonable and a legitimate proposal for a frist round pick.


Jordan Schroeder
1st Round Pick


J.T. Miller
Derek Dorsett
4th Round Pick

  Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 08:43 PM
  #3
Joey Bones
Trump's Hairgel
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJohnson View Post

Jordan Schroeder
1st Round Pick


J.T. Miller
Derek Dorsett
4th Round Pick
That's a pretty intriguing offer. Would take some time to discuss, but I would do this.

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 08:45 PM
  #4
caley
Moderator
 
caley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
Will they get a first since they don't have one this year and a 2nd?
I doubt it. The Rangers have a ton of young talent in the system (Kreider, Miller, McIlrath, Thomas, Lindberg, Fast, Nicholls). They've had a first round pick every year since the lock-out, so missing one year won't affect them too badly.

__________________
Dan O'Toole: "So if I have this right, only acceptable goal celebration in NHL is to put hands at your sides and then feel shame."
caley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 08:54 PM
  #5
Joey Bones
Trump's Hairgel
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
I doubt it. The Rangers have a ton of young talent in the system (Kreider, Miller, McIlrath, Thomas, Lindberg, Fast, Nicholls). They've had a first round pick every year since the lock-out, so missing one year won't affect them too badly.
Agreed, but this draft is pretty decent. It wouldn't really matter if they had one or not, but it would be nice you know.

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:16 PM
  #6
Theon
No longer Reek
 
Theon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,510
vCash: 500
Kinda sucks that the draft is in our backyard and we don't have a 1st, or 2nd round pick. Last year after the draft Gorton said they felt this year was deeper and that's why they were stockpiling picks some mid round picks so who knows maybe we'll see some activity.

I fully expect one of our defensemen, Staal or MDZ to get traded though.

Theon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:21 PM
  #7
Joey Bones
Trump's Hairgel
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDZ View Post
Kinda sucks that the draft is in our backyard and we don't have a 1st, or 2nd round pick. Last year after the draft Gorton said they felt this year was deeper and that's why they were stockpiling picks some mid round picks so who knows maybe we'll see some activity.

I fully expect one of our defensemen, Staal or MDZ to get traded though.
There was a video of Gorton saying exactly that, but I can't find it for the life of me. I see Staal being moved to a team, but he won't be moved for a pick outside the top 10 (hense CAR should be in talks). MDZ should be moved IMO.

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:28 PM
  #8
Theon
No longer Reek
 
Theon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,510
vCash: 500
I believe it was the draft wrap up video with Jim Cerny. It's where he explained picking guys like Calle Andersson and Thomas Spelling. I agree on MDZ though, love the guy but I think his time in NY is up.

Theon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:29 PM
  #9
SomE*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJohnson View Post

Jordan Schroeder
1st Round Pick


J.T. Miller
Derek Dorsett
4th Round Pick
no thank you. the value isn't bad.. but Schroeder's ceiling is 3rd line centre.. not sure i want a 5'8 3rd line centre.

Miller and Dorsett are great character players.. i do not want to give them up

SomE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:30 PM
  #10
Mysterio
Registered User
 
Mysterio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 346
vCash: 500
Pittsburgh's 1st for Kreider?

Mysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:30 PM
  #11
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers
 
Mats Zuccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: Israel
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenBartschi27 View Post
Pittsburgh's 1st for Kreider?
No sir

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:31 PM
  #12
OnTheBrink
Registered User
 
OnTheBrink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Airdrie
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 524
7th overall + Harti + Ana 2nd for MDZ + JT Miller

Maybe swap out Harti for Pajaarvi if need be but think Harti is fair value

OnTheBrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:31 PM
  #13
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers
 
Mats Zuccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: Israel
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 500
Byfuglien and a #1 for whatever . OK, unrealistic, but we need Dustin Byfuglien in the worst way

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:36 PM
  #14
Joey Bones
Trump's Hairgel
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomE View Post
no thank you. the value isn't bad.. but Schroeder's ceiling is 3rd line centre.. not sure i want a 5'8 3rd line centre.

Miller and Dorsett are great character players.. i do not want to give them up
That's why I said before that it would take a long discussion . 50/50

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:38 PM
  #15
Joey Bones
Trump's Hairgel
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheBrink View Post
7th overall + Harti + Ana 2nd for MDZ + JT Miller

Maybe swap out Harti for Pajaarvi if need be but think Harti is fair value
Like both, but knowing how we'd get rid of Miller I'd do Hartikainen. Like this deal

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:38 PM
  #16
Joey Bones
Trump's Hairgel
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Rash View Post
Byfuglien and a #1 for whatever . OK, unrealistic, but we need Dustin Byfuglien in the worst way
what makes you say that?

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:46 PM
  #17
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads
 
Kris Chreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC/Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 7,452
vCash: 500
We got Dorsett for a reason. He energizes the team and is a locker room leader. And Schroeder is pretty undersized for a 3C in our system. (Assuming Torts isn't canned)

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:51 PM
  #18
Modo
MVP
 
Modo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,539
vCash: 50
Coincidentally, one more Boston win ensures their 1st round pick gets awarded to Dallas, as a condition to the Jagr deal.

Dallas already has the 10th pick, but I've heard that GM Nill isn't looking to trade down, at least not with that pick. If he can't move up in the draft (10th + wherever the B's end up), there's a chance he moves the Bruins' 1st.

What would it take, Rangers fans? Dallas needs centers and d-men.

And no, we do NOT want Richards back.

__________________
RIP octopi and parabola.
Modo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 10:17 PM
  #19
western redmen
the forgotten owskis
 
western redmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,561
vCash: 50
Stl pick for MDZ, apparently he hasn't had the best season?

western redmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 05:01 AM
  #20
18Mike18
Registered User
 
18Mike18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
What would it take for the Avs to get Christian Thomas?

18Mike18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 05:43 AM
  #21
Numbah4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
We got Dorsett for a reason. He energizes the team and is a locker room leader. And Schroeder is pretty undersized for a 3C in our system. (Assuming Torts isn't canned)
Or, sucked the life out of it by not standing up to Thornton. Ya know, had he fought Thornton when challenged. That line might not have been on the ice for the GWG. Karma.

Numbah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 06:48 AM
  #22
MinnesotaFats
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,231
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDZ View Post
I believe it was the draft wrap up video with Jim Cerny. It's where he explained picking guys like Calle Andersson and Thomas Spelling. I agree on MDZ though, love the guy but I think his time in NY is up.
What's the story with MDZ? Why would his time be up in NY?

The Oilers desperately need another PMD with some size. Could be a good fit.

MinnesotaFats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 07:19 AM
  #23
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,000
vCash: 500
Montreal's 1st and 2nd for McIlraith and Rangers 3rd?

Plekanec + Montreal's 1st for Staal?

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 07:39 AM
  #24
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Coincidentally, one more Boston win ensures their 1st round pick gets awarded to Dallas, as a condition to the Jagr deal.

Dallas already has the 10th pick, but I've heard that GM Nill isn't looking to trade down, at least not with that pick. If he can't move up in the draft (10th + wherever the B's end up), there's a chance he moves the Bruins' 1st.

What would it take, Rangers fans? Dallas needs centers and d-men.

And no, we do NOT want Richards back.
I am curious as to what it would take to get Eriksson + Boston's 1st

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 07:46 AM
  #25
Joey Bones
Trump's Hairgel
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Montreal's 1st and 2nd for McIlraith and Rangers 3rd?

Plekanec + Montreal's 1st for Staal?
Where is Montreal's first projected to be this year? That'll depend on your 1st proposal.

As for the second one, I think it's good, but if we were to trade Staal it would have to be for younger assets mostly.
Counter:

Rangers trade: Staal

Canadiens trade: Emelin/Gorges, Gallagher/Galchenyuk, & 1st this year.

To be completely honest with ya (& I'm sure most Ranger fans would agree) it would take an overpayment to get Staal out of NY.

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.