HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Rangers at Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-23-2013, 08:19 AM
  #76
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
being fair is hard these days, but you could scratch No.1 and No.4 off. Desharnais's age isn't intriguing and I'm not too sure about Bourque, but doesn't he have consistency issues? I like Collberg a lot!! I actually wanted the Rangers to draft him instead of Skjei last year. Louis Leblanc is a very solid player too, but he has had injury problems. Still like the guy though. Also, what can you tell me about Brady Vail? He seems like he's doing very well in Juniors.

Let's see now,
Rangers trade Staal for Emelin, Collberg, 2013 1st?
That is...quite painful to part with. Probably means it is actually quite fair since it SHOULD be painful to acquire a player of Staal's calibre. Lol.

After some thought, I will have to agree with the offer, even though I know Timmins will want my balls in a sling. Let's call Bergy and Sather and get this deal done.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:08 AM
  #77
Djp
Registered User
 
Djp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle,WA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Do tell.
What would that have cost us (assume it reconfigures the last deal).
I recall this trade between rangers and Columbus that sent that no name Gaborik.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 01:07 PM
  #78
Sparksrus3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post
I'm a fan. If there's a system that can turn Sbisa around, it's ours.
No disrespect here, but what system is yours?

Sparksrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 03:51 PM
  #79
Joey Bones
Trump's Hairgel
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 3,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
That is...quite painful to part with. Probably means it is actually quite fair since it SHOULD be painful to acquire a player of Staal's calibre. Lol.

After some thought, I will have to agree with the offer, even though I know Timmins will want my balls in a sling. Let's call Bergy and Sather and get this deal done.
Pleasure doing business to ya

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 04:15 PM
  #80
Nolan11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
What are you willing to give up?
San Jose would easily consider including our first in a package if the return was Christian Thomas. What would we need to add in your opinion?

Nolan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 04:30 PM
  #81
Analyzer*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,976
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
Where is Montreal's first projected to be this year? That'll depend on your 1st proposal.

As for the second one, I think it's good, but if we were to trade Staal it would have to be for younger assets mostly.
Counter:

Rangers trade: Staal

Canadiens trade: Emelin/Gorges, Gallagher/Galchenyuk, & 1st this year.

To be completely honest with ya (& I'm sure most Ranger fans would agree) it would take an overpayment to get Staal out of NY.
Galchenyuk is an overpayment, but you want more ? I'd say Galchenyuk is the least likely player to be dealt from the habs. Pacioretty, Price, Subban, whomever are all more likely.

Would Montreal like Staal ? Very much so. Do they have what it takes ? Yes. Are they willing to part with it ? No. Are the Rangers willing to take less than what they want ? No. Deal ends there.

I'd possibly give a 2nd for Boyle.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 05:39 PM
  #82
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Galchenyuk is an overpayment, but you want more ? I'd say Galchenyuk is the least likely player to be dealt from the habs. Pacioretty, Price, Subban, whomever are all more likely.

Would Montreal like Staal ? Very much so. Do they have what it takes ? Yes. Are they willing to part with it ? No. Are the Rangers willing to take less than what they want ? No. Deal ends there.

I'd possibly give a 2nd for Boyle.
Well, a deal was agreed to by Joey and I that did not involve either Gally. Check it out at the top of this page.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 05:59 PM
  #83
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Da Big Apple
Country: United States
Posts: 10,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan11 View Post
San Jose would easily consider including our first in a package if the return was Christian Thomas. What would we need to add in your opinion?
While a perfectionist may suggest tweaking, it looks like the core of this seems at least somewhat balanced at 1 to 1 as is. Consider:

Thomas = mid 2nd, has demonstrated skill, speed, etc, everything except height. Has demonstrated enough that should be 4th line LW to start, w/some upside, and outside chance to turn into another Martin St. Louis, and can be expected to compete with varsity next year.

San Jose = late 1st, = higher value, but will need to develop, couple of years away before in NHL.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 09:49 PM
  #84
Joey Bones
Trump's Hairgel
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 3,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Galchenyuk is an overpayment, but you want more ? I'd say Galchenyuk is the least likely player to be dealt from the habs. Pacioretty, Price, Subban, whomever are all more likely.

Would Montreal like Staal ? Very much so. Do they have what it takes ? Yes. Are they willing to part with it ? No. Are the Rangers willing to take less than what they want ? No. Deal ends there.

I'd possibly give a 2nd for Boyle.
If Gaustad can fetch a 1st, Boyle could get a 1st as well.

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 09:51 PM
  #85
Oasis
Some Might Say
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Playing video games
Country: United States
Posts: 61,419
vCash: 50
Staal for Eriksson straight up is pretty fair.

The only move I see the Rangers making is trading one of Del Zotto/Staal/Girardi for a scoring forward. Nothing else, aside from maybe a depth defensive signing.

__________________
Oasis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 09:58 PM
  #86
Joey Bones
Trump's Hairgel
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 3,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan11 View Post
San Jose would easily consider including our first in a package if the return was Christian Thomas. What would we need to add in your opinion?
That would be tough. I like Thomas and the organization is pretty set with using him soon, but I'm sure there would be a deal if it were the right moves.

They wouldn't be moving him for a depth player which is what they would need the most, but can you think of anything? ahaha

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:00 PM
  #87
Joey Bones
Trump's Hairgel
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 3,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Staal for Eriksson straight up is pretty fair.

The only move I see the Rangers making is trading one of Del Zotto/Staal/Girardi for a scoring forward. Nothing else, aside from maybe a depth defensive signing.
I see them moving Del Zotto mostly out of them most. Maybe EDM or CAR would be most suitable for his services and we could use their 1st.

Girardi is one of our only right handed dmen and blocks a lot of shots. We can't lose him.

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:05 PM
  #88
Nolan11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
While a perfectionist may suggest tweaking, it looks like the core of this seems at least somewhat balanced at 1 to 1 as is. Consider:

Thomas = mid 2nd, has demonstrated skill, speed, etc, everything except height. Has demonstrated enough that should be 4th line LW to start, w/some upside, and outside chance to turn into another Martin St. Louis, and can be expected to compete with varsity next year.

San Jose = late 1st, = higher value, but will need to develop, couple of years away before in NHL.
Thank you. Nice to get a comment back that my thoughts sound reasonable, value-wise

Nolan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 01:40 AM
  #89
giddy up*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
I doubt it. The Rangers have a ton of young talent in the system (Kreider, Miller, McIlrath, Thomas, Lindberg, Fast, Nicholls). They've had a first round pick every year since the lock-out, so missing one year won't affect them too badly.
That's an incredibly unimpressive group of prospects. If I'm not mistaken they don't have a 1st, 2nd, OR 3rd this year. They desperately could use some draft picks

giddy up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 01:49 AM
  #90
Duffman955
Registered User
 
Duffman955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,084
vCash: 500
Brassard to TO for 21st pick and 51st pick.

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 10:00 AM
  #91
Joey Bones
Trump's Hairgel
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 3,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by giddy up View Post
That's an incredibly unimpressive group of prospects. If I'm not mistaken they don't have a 1st, 2nd, OR 3rd this year. They desperately could use some draft picks
They don't have a 1st or 2nd, but they have possibly 3 3rds

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 10:42 AM
  #92
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 18,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerGuru View Post
Tlusty+Murphy+CAR 1st is a very even swap for what both franchises want to go
Tlusty, Murphy and 5th overall is a very even swap for Staal?



Take out Carolina's pick and it's waaaaaaay closer.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 11:02 AM
  #93
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Tlusty, Murphy and 5th overall is a very even swap for Staal?



Take out Carolina's pick and it's waaaaaaay closer.
Take out Carolina's pick and it goes from doable to absolutely awful.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 12:34 PM
  #94
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?
 
ChrisKreider20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,628
vCash: 500
Call me crazy but I would not trade Brassard for Loui Eriksson straight up. Not saying that Loui isn't better. But given Brassards performance, his draft position, his age, his ridiculous talent and the lost years in Columbus...I think his chances of emerging as a #1 centre are reasonable. It would be extremely stupid to trade him now.
Given eriksson's subpar year, and age (27), I don't think you get the guaranteed performance pick up necessary to justify giving up the upside, and age. That's not even considering including Staal or the other pieces included.

And frankly if brassard keeps up his production, you don't get any performance pick up at all.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 03:48 PM
  #95
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Da Big Apple
Country: United States
Posts: 10,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
Brassard to TO for 21st pick and 51st pick.
No thanks.
There is better upside in trying to package Stepan for a top 3, and keeping Brassard as a C.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 03:57 PM
  #96
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
Brassard to TO for 21st pick and 51st pick.
Deal if you ship Bozak's rights.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 03:59 PM
  #97
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
Call me crazy but I would not trade Brassard for Loui Eriksson straight up.
I'm gonna call you crazy. There is no way in hell Brassard is remotely close to being valuable as Eriksson. The Rangers make this deal any day.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 04:29 PM
  #98
Joey Bones
Trump's Hairgel
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 3,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I'm gonna call you crazy. There is no way in hell Brassard is remotely close to being valuable as Eriksson. The Rangers make this deal any day.
I would love to take Eriksson and I feel that the Rangers would do this trade. I don't want to do this trade, but the Rangers would IMO.

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 05:58 PM
  #99
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?
 
ChrisKreider20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I'm gonna call you crazy. There is no way in hell Brassard is remotely close to being valuable as Eriksson. The Rangers make this deal any day.
He isn't yet.
Wait two years and you never know...

I don't know how you can't wait because if he's consistent with his play, he's a #1 ppg centre.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 06:19 PM
  #100
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
He isn't yet.
Wait two years and you never know...

I don't know how you can't wait because if he's consistent with his play, he's a #1 ppg centre.
Brassard has been in the league for 6 seasons and nothing in his past resume suggest he can sustain this production. Classic overrating of a player based on small sample size. #1 C lol.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.