HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Rangers at Draft

Old
05-23-2013, 08:19 AM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
being fair is hard these days, but you could scratch No.1 and No.4 off. Desharnais's age isn't intriguing and I'm not too sure about Bourque, but doesn't he have consistency issues? I like Collberg a lot!! I actually wanted the Rangers to draft him instead of Skjei last year. Louis Leblanc is a very solid player too, but he has had injury problems. Still like the guy though. Also, what can you tell me about Brady Vail? He seems like he's doing very well in Juniors.

Let's see now,
Rangers trade Staal for Emelin, Collberg, 2013 1st?
That is...quite painful to part with. Probably means it is actually quite fair since it SHOULD be painful to acquire a player of Staal's calibre. Lol.

After some thought, I will have to agree with the offer, even though I know Timmins will want my balls in a sling. Let's call Bergy and Sather and get this deal done.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:08 AM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Do tell.
What would that have cost us (assume it reconfigures the last deal).
I recall this trade between rangers and Columbus that sent that no name Gaborik.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 01:07 PM
Sparksrus3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD View Post
I'm a fan. If there's a system that can turn Sbisa around, it's ours.
No disrespect here, but what system is yours?

Sparksrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 03:51 PM
Joey Bones
Trump's Hairgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
That is...quite painful to part with. Probably means it is actually quite fair since it SHOULD be painful to acquire a player of Staal's calibre. Lol.

After some thought, I will have to agree with the offer, even though I know Timmins will want my balls in a sling. Let's call Bergy and Sather and get this deal done.
Pleasure doing business to ya

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
What are you willing to give up?
San Jose would easily consider including our first in a package if the return was Christian Thomas. What would we need to add in your opinion?

Nolan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 04:30 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Where is Montreal's first projected to be this year? That'll depend on your 1st proposal.

As for the second one, I think it's good, but if we were to trade Staal it would have to be for younger assets mostly.
Counter:

Rangers trade: Staal

Canadiens trade: Emelin/Gorges, Gallagher/Galchenyuk, & 1st this year.

To be completely honest with ya (& I'm sure most Ranger fans would agree) it would take an overpayment to get Staal out of NY.
Galchenyuk is an overpayment, but you want more ? I'd say Galchenyuk is the least likely player to be dealt from the habs. Pacioretty, Price, Subban, whomever are all more likely.

Would Montreal like Staal ? Very much so. Do they have what it takes ? Yes. Are they willing to part with it ? No. Are the Rangers willing to take less than what they want ? No. Deal ends there.

I'd possibly give a 2nd for Boyle.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Galchenyuk is an overpayment, but you want more ? I'd say Galchenyuk is the least likely player to be dealt from the habs. Pacioretty, Price, Subban, whomever are all more likely.

Would Montreal like Staal ? Very much so. Do they have what it takes ? Yes. Are they willing to part with it ? No. Are the Rangers willing to take less than what they want ? No. Deal ends there.

Well, a deal was agreed to by Joey and I that did not involve either Gally. Check it out at the top of this page.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 05:59 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan11 View Post
San Jose would easily consider including our first in a package if the return was Christian Thomas. What would we need to add in your opinion?
While a perfectionist may suggest tweaking, it looks like the core of this seems at least somewhat balanced at 1 to 1 as is. Consider:

Thomas = mid 2nd, has demonstrated skill, speed, etc, everything except height. Has demonstrated enough that should be 4th line LW to start, w/some upside, and outside chance to turn into another Martin St. Louis, and can be expected to compete with varsity next year.

San Jose = late 1st, = higher value, but will need to develop, couple of years away before in NHL.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 09:49 PM
Joey Bones
Trump's Hairgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

If Gaustad can fetch a 1st, Boyle could get a 1st as well.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:51 PM
Oasis
Some Might Say

vCash: 50
Staal for Eriksson straight up is pretty fair.

The only move I see the Rangers making is trading one of Del Zotto/Staal/Girardi for a scoring forward. Nothing else, aside from maybe a depth defensive signing.

05-24-2013, 09:58 PM
Joey Bones
Trump's Hairgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan11 View Post
That would be tough. I like Thomas and the organization is pretty set with using him soon, but I'm sure there would be a deal if it were the right moves.

They wouldn't be moving him for a depth player which is what they would need the most, but can you think of anything? ahaha

Old
05-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Joey Bones
Trump's Hairgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Staal for Eriksson straight up is pretty fair.

The only move I see the Rangers making is trading one of Del Zotto/Staal/Girardi for a scoring forward. Nothing else, aside from maybe a depth defensive signing.
I see them moving Del Zotto mostly out of them most. Maybe EDM or CAR would be most suitable for his services and we could use their 1st.

Girardi is one of our only right handed dmen and blocks a lot of shots. We can't lose him.

Old
05-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
While a perfectionist may suggest tweaking, it looks like the core of this seems at least somewhat balanced at 1 to 1 as is. Consider:

Thomas = mid 2nd, has demonstrated skill, speed, etc, everything except height. Has demonstrated enough that should be 4th line LW to start, w/some upside, and outside chance to turn into another Martin St. Louis, and can be expected to compete with varsity next year.

San Jose = late 1st, = higher value, but will need to develop, couple of years away before in NHL.
Thank you. Nice to get a comment back that my thoughts sound reasonable, value-wise

Nolan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 01:40 AM
giddy up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
I doubt it. The Rangers have a ton of young talent in the system (Kreider, Miller, McIlrath, Thomas, Lindberg, Fast, Nicholls). They've had a first round pick every year since the lock-out, so missing one year won't affect them too badly.
That's an incredibly unimpressive group of prospects. If I'm not mistaken they don't have a 1st, 2nd, OR 3rd this year. They desperately could use some draft picks

giddy up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 01:49 AM
Duffman955

Brassard to TO for 21st pick and 51st pick.

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 10:00 AM
Joey Bones
Trump's Hairgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by giddy up View Post
That's an incredibly unimpressive group of prospects. If I'm not mistaken they don't have a 1st, 2nd, OR 3rd this year. They desperately could use some draft picks
They don't have a 1st or 2nd, but they have possibly 3 3rds

Old
05-25-2013, 10:42 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerGuru View Post
Tlusty+Murphy+CAR 1st is a very even swap for what both franchises want to go
Tlusty, Murphy and 5th overall is a very even swap for Staal?

Take out Carolina's pick and it's waaaaaaay closer.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 11:02 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Tlusty, Murphy and 5th overall is a very even swap for Staal?

Take out Carolina's pick and it's waaaaaaay closer.
Take out Carolina's pick and it goes from doable to absolutely awful.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 12:34 PM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

Call me crazy but I would not trade Brassard for Loui Eriksson straight up. Not saying that Loui isn't better. But given Brassards performance, his draft position, his age, his ridiculous talent and the lost years in Columbus...I think his chances of emerging as a #1 centre are reasonable. It would be extremely stupid to trade him now.
Given eriksson's subpar year, and age (27), I don't think you get the guaranteed performance pick up necessary to justify giving up the upside, and age. That's not even considering including Staal or the other pieces included.

And frankly if brassard keeps up his production, you don't get any performance pick up at all.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 03:48 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
No thanks.
There is better upside in trying to package Stepan for a top 3, and keeping Brassard as a C.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
Deal if you ship Bozak's rights.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 03:59 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
Call me crazy but I would not trade Brassard for Loui Eriksson straight up.
I'm gonna call you crazy. There is no way in hell Brassard is remotely close to being valuable as Eriksson. The Rangers make this deal any day.

Old
05-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Joey Bones
Trump's Hairgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I'm gonna call you crazy. There is no way in hell Brassard is remotely close to being valuable as Eriksson. The Rangers make this deal any day.
I would love to take Eriksson and I feel that the Rangers would do this trade. I don't want to do this trade, but the Rangers would IMO.

Old
05-25-2013, 05:58 PM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
He isn't yet.
Wait two years and you never know...

I don't know how you can't wait because if he's consistent with his play, he's a #1 ppg centre.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
He isn't yet.
Wait two years and you never know...

I don't know how you can't wait because if he's consistent with his play, he's a #1 ppg centre.
Brassard has been in the league for 6 seasons and nothing in his past resume suggest he can sustain this production. Classic overrating of a player based on small sample size. #1 C lol.