HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins @ Rangers: Game ThrLOLee

Old
05-21-2013, 09:25 PM
CheeseTortorella

vCash: 500
I don't understand why the Garden was so quiet tonight either besides the obvious "oh" and "ah" from a missed shot.

CheeseTortorella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:25 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
The only way I support a coaching change is if the coach is actually a better fit for the team and a better coach. Otherwise, we need to keep Torts.

To me, the main problem is Sather, but I've said that for years now. I am happy that he can make good trades, but he refuses to build a team. Just look at my signature for my views on him (as expressed by others).
I said it in my response to BB Torts is not a bad coach at all, IMO. I don't think he is the right coach for this roster.

05-21-2013, 09:26 PM
rocketdan9

Bruins fan here coming in peace

1) Why did Gaborik get traded?? Bc as you guys know very well, he was and has been a Bruins killer. Could of changed the outcome of this series big time

2) Would the rangers have been better not to trade for Nash and keep Dubinsky, Anisimov ??

3) You guys really need a offensive minded D, like the Bruins have with Krug. Is there anyone from the minors that can be brought up? In general , for much needed scoring punch, who else from the ahl can be brought up??

I hope we win of course, but i'd like to see NYR bring their A game for game 4. Goodluck

rocketdan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mattyd99

I know I'm a Torts hater but it's just not working. Lundqvist can't score goals, he's carried 18 guys on his back all year and it's not going to last forever. If Torts is back next year they have to try something different. Every team is playing different then us. Even Boston who supposedly has the same system as us has set plays and has a fluid breakout. We don't have any of that, something has to change.

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

I don't want to discredit the Bruins for playing a good game but this was one of the worst performances I have ever seen this team have.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
you know, seriously, I'm getting sick and tired of people saying stuff like this.

What exactly would YOU do to coach these guys better?

It's so beyond ridiculous to say "completely out coached"

Really? I didn't realize coaching coudl turn a 7 million dollar center whose entire career had been elite but now is a complete bum back into his normal self....

I didn't realize coaching could somehow figure out how to get Rick Nash to score when matched up against the best defensive defenseman of our generation....and one of the best of all time.

The Rangers have lost 2 games by 1 goal, are in the 2nd round of the playoffs...again....

if he's being completely outcoached, that means there are 22 REALLY stupid coaches in the NHL right now.
Why even bother having a coach. There has to be accountibilty. It's not all Tort's fault, but he needs to shoulder some of the blame. This is pretty much the team Torts wanted. Him & Sather are in this together.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYRANGERAMI*

Quote:
we're losing because were not fast enough to beat the Bruins to pucks, nor are we big/strong enough to beat them on the boards.

We're the Bruins...but smaller.

They're winning because of Physics.

Marc Staal, a huge defenseman, and Ryane Clowe, a huge forward would have REALLY helped.

oh, and not having your #1 center be on the 4th line because he's SUCKED for a huge part of this season would be pretty nice too.

Yup...like i said earlier...we need tic tac toe...not physical to win this series...but do we have enough talent...for tic tac toe...sharks score 1-0....now you see this is a great game...back and forth offense and defense by both teams...Rangers is more like Boston vs Lundy...and Lundy cant skate up ice and score.

NYRANGERAMI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Killem Dafoe
waf fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisano View Post
We'll give you Umberger for Richards!
That would be a toughy, but I might actually do that.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Inferno
HFB Partner

Improve the power play.

Great idea.

How?

ALL the great power plays have 1 thing in common.

Shooters.

Who's our shooter?

Rick Nash? He's a dangler.

John Moore?

Teams have absolutely ZERO respect for our point shots, and rightfully so.

THAT's why our PP sucks. When you don't have to worry at all about the shooters up high you can go hard after the guys down low without worrying about the play going back high and shots beating your goalie.

Pressure our players, and the guys up high won't make you pay, recipe for disaster.

There's a lot wrong withour PP, but the biggest thing is no shooters up high. NONE.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
EEDAWGZ

Bruins just to tough of a team for them , even if we went to OT they just look better conditioned

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Joey Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Carle Place View Post
We definitely need to clean house. Sather, Torts, Sullivan, and Richards. Get rid of all of them. Hand the keys to Gorton.
I wish there was a "like" button on these boards.

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bmoak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Brad Richards HAS to be amnestied. I've been saying it for months, but its absolutely necessary.
Can he be amnestied? I thought teams were only allowed one a year for the first two years of the CBA and the Rangers already used this season's amnesty on Redden.

bmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:27 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
The ONLY one who cares is Henrik Lundqvist.

Props to your pops on that quote. Couldn't be more true.
If you really believe they don't care you just don't understand. Of course they care. Sometimes one team is better than another. The teams we root for can lose without it being lack of effort, or the coach's fault, or the ref's fault. Sometimes the better team actually wins.

I know I am wasting my breath.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:27 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
I don't think the pieces on this team are bad. At all. I like the team that has been put together, to an extent
The problem is puck moving on defense. Moore is solid, but Del Zotto and Girardi need to be replaced. While I like Stralman a lot, we need someone solid next to him.

Richards is a shell of his former self and needs to be bought out. I figured they could get one more year out of him, but I don't see it.

We also are missing Marc Staal and Ryan Clowe. Do people conveniently forget that (not saying you do -- I know you don't)? I mean, is it just me or are those guys pretty important? Nah. **** it. They aren't.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:28 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Cut the ridiculous ******** out already because the Bruins are so much bigger, physical, deeper and better than the Rangers it's laughable. Stop blaming Torts for a ****ed up roster put together by Sather who has been trying unsuccessfully to build a team around Lundqvist for 8 freakin years now!
We are the perfect foils for the Bruins to run roughshod over!
When the Bruins are coming out through the middle of their zone because you have your guys on the board and you don't adjust that's being outcoached...when you try to break out of your own zone up the boards and the Bruins is D is pinching to prevent you from using the boards and you don't adjust by coming out through the middle it's being outcoaced.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Won't lie, I sold my soul to beat the Capitals as I can't stand their team and really can't stand their fans.

Barring some insanely ridiculous comeback, it is what it is. C'est la vie.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Baby Punisher

Quote:
we're losing because were not fast enough to beat the Bruins to pucks, nor are we big/strong enough to beat them on the boards.

We're the Bruins...but smaller.

They're winning because of Physics.

Marc Staal, a huge defenseman, and Ryane Clowe, a huge forward would have REALLY helped.

oh, and not having your #1 center be on the 4th line because he's SUCKED for a huge part of this season would be pretty nice too.
It's a diffrent series if Staal, Clowe & Powe were in there. Dorsset is trying, but he isn't enough.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
trilobyte

The Bruins are in the habit of doing just enought to win.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mrhockey193195

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
If you really believe they don't care you just don't understand. Of course they care. Sometimes one team is better than another. The teams we root for can lose without it being lack of effort, or the coach's fault, or the ref's fault. Sometimes the better team actually wins.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
Can he be amnestied? I thought teams were only allowed one a year for the first two years of the CBA and the Rangers already used this season's amnesty on Redden.
They get two.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post

The voice of reason. chosen, can you please post more on here? I understand how frustrating it can be, but your posting is missed. I wish it were more frequent.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
OR it's because Lundqvist and Brassard played fantastic hockey in the first round and made him look better than he is. If you think this is one of the top-8 coached teams, when you can see how reluctant he is to make a change or trust certain players, than I don't know what to say.

You can make a bunch of excuses for the coach. The other fans can make a bunch of excuses for the players.

But personally, I think it's time for a change. What's the worst that can happen? Lundqvist still wills a team of underachievers to a playoff spot to get eliminated early on? Because that's why Tortorella has a job.

That's those guys job...you do realize that right?

Henrik Lundqvist is one of the highest paid players in the sport...not just goalies...PLAYERS.

There's a reason, hes the best goalie in the world.

He SHOULD will you to the next round.

What next, people are going to say..oh, the Penguins aren't that great, I mean, it's only because of Crosby and Malkin that they are advancing.

Gee, YA THINK!?

Your best players SHOULD be your best players.

they SHOULD lead you to the next round.

Nash not scoring is killing us

Richards not scoring is killing us

Stepan not scoring is killing us

That's not on the coach...that's on the players.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:29 PM
WhatThePuck
"Shoots Wide" !!!

I don't usually bag on Torts but after years of this horrible PP and anemic offence, he has to take some of the blame because of his "dump and chase " system that doesn't work.......worse is he hasn't made any adjustments and still has stiffs like Richards and Boyle on the powerplay.
Defence is important but someone tell Torts, you can't win if you don't score most nights !!!

WhatThePuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
bouds

Kreiders game has a long way to go but he finally played with quality talent and looked better than usual. Shocking!

bouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
High And Wide*
Unregistered User

What has Sather done wrong in the past 5 years or so?

McDonagh trade - huge success
Nash trade - In general a big win
Gaborik trade - surprisingly successful

Yes, Richards has sucked. But for so many years people were saying we needed a #1 center and for at least a year every Rangers fan targeted BRAD RICHARDS as the perfect candidate. And Sather got it done, and now it's all his fault?
You guys are pathetic.

Torts has gotta go. Sullivan, get out, please. Sather? Until he makes another bonehead move, I don't see any recent reason for him to be fired.

High And Wide* is offline   Reply With Quote