HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks win 2-1. Series tied 2-2

Old
05-22-2013, 01:58 AM
drunksage
#88: The Savior.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
A lot of the momentum swing after a failed PP comes from TMac sending out the 3rd or 4th line the shift afterward and the other team sending out their rested players.

Happened a few times this series already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
There's no good matchup for us after a PP. We basically put our entire top-6 out there for 2 full minutes, so they're unavailable for that first shift. Even if you avoid icing the 4th line there, the 3rd line (with a tired Gomez from the PP) is still a bad matchup vs Kopitar or Carter. McLellan does what he can at usually puts Vlasic out there at least.
Obvious solution: Use only the 3rd and 4th lines on the PP and we'll be fine afterward.

drunksage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:59 AM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litework View Post
Niemi has been really shaky this series, almost to the point where Im really nervous when the Kings are pressuring. I thought Marleau was terrible tonight and he really hasnt been good this entire series.
I think Quick is due for a bad game in these playoffs and I hope its in Game 5. I would like to see some more even strength goals from the Sharks, they cant always rely on the PP.
Marleau has three points in four games. Just last game he had 7 shots and this game he had three. He has been pretty far from terrible

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:00 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksage View Post
Obvious solution: Use only the 3rd and 4th lines on the PP and we'll be fine afterward.
Or...switch out to the remaining five defensemen for the next shift then make Irwin double shift with Boyle for the next shift which would have a fresh Galiardi and Burns. lol

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Evincar
I have found the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
You never think Marleau was anything better than terrible in any game. You might as well just slap it in your signature or your avatar and save yourself the trouble of typing it up every time. lol
Maybe terrible was a little harsh but he hasnt been good at all in this series compared to how he played vs Vancouver.

Evincar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkittlez View Post
So wait, you're actually telling me that the ref made the right call? Because that was a complete garbage call.
He was joking

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WantonAbandon

And I haven't even talked about what Marleau has done when he hasn't had the puck...

Old
ChubbChubby
Using tilt controls!

Quote:
You never think Marleau was anything better than terrible in any game. You might as well just slap it in your signature or your avatar and save yourself the trouble of typing it up every time. lol
Just because someone criticizes your golden boy doesn't mean you have to chime in and defend him unconditionally.

He wasn't as involved as he could have been. He certainly wasn't as physical as he was in the last few games, and there were a few shifts where I noticed he was fresh off the bench but still skating like he was conserving energy when going for the puck. For the most part he was invisible, and definitely not a dominant force like some other players were. Got to give him credit though for the screen or at least attempted screen on Quick for the game winner, but he definitely did not shine this game. You can't fault other posters for holding Marleau at a higher standard when we've seen what he can do in the last half dozen+ games when he is involved.

ChubbChubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:02 AM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litework View Post
Maybe terrible was a little harsh but he hasnt been good at all in this series compared to how he played vs Vancouver.
Well, in Vancouver he scored in every game. You really thought that was sustainable? And not good at all is just as bad of a hyperbole. He had the primary assist on both goals in game three. I'd say that's good enough to disprove not being good at all.

Old
05-22-2013, 02:02 AM
sharklife25

vCash: 50
Quote:
Just because someone criticizes your golden boy doesn't mean you have to chime in and defend him unconditionally.

He wasn't as involved as he could have been. He certainly wasn't as physical as he was in the last few games, and there were a few shifts where I noticed he was fresh off the bench but still skating like he was conserving energy when going for the puck. For the most part he was invisible, and definitely not a dominant force like some other players were. Got to give him credit though for the screen or at least attempted screen on Quick for the game winner, but he definitely did not shine this game.
agree 100%, Patty mishandled quite a few pucks... He didn't have his strongest game of hte playoffs, perhaps even his worst so far...

I expect he'll bounce back on Thursday and be a force again!

sharklife25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:03 AM
WantonAbandon

Quote:

He wasn't as involved as he could have been. He certainly wasn't as physical as he was in the last few games, and there were a few shifts where I noticed he was fresh off the bench but still skating like he was conserving energy when going for the puck. For the most part he was invisible, and definitely not a dominant force like some other players were. Got to give him credit though for the screen or at least attempted screen on Quick for the game winner, but he definitely did not shine this game.
I think he was pretty involved. Only Couture got more shots through. The whole line did very well and generated more shots than Thorntons line

Old
05-22-2013, 02:04 AM
Phu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Is it safe to say that Pancakes' no goal could change the outcome of this series?

It was terribad.
It may change the outcome of the series, but it was not bad at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkittlez View Post
So wait, you're actually telling me that the ref made the right call? Because that was a complete garbage call.
I can tell you with 100% certainty that the ref made the right call.

Phu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pinkfloyd

Quote:

He wasn't as involved as he could have been. He certainly wasn't as physical as he was in the last few games, and there were a few shifts where I noticed he was fresh off the bench but still skating like he was conserving energy when going for the puck. For the most part he was invisible, and definitely not a dominant force like some other players were. Got to give him credit though for the screen or at least attempted screen on Quick for the game winner, but he definitely did not shine this game. You can't fault other posters for holding Marleau at a higher standard when we've seen what he can do in the last half dozen+ games when he is involved.
Get your hyperbole garbage out of here. You want to criticize, that's fine. But when someone says something like he has been terrible or not good at all when that is clearly a load of crap, I will say something if I feel like it. If you have a problem with that, you're more than free to block me. I don't tell you when you should or shouldn't chime in on anything so I'd appreciate the same treatment instead of crying about what I do on a freaking forum, dude.

Old
ChubbChubby
Using tilt controls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
I think he was pretty involved. Only Couture got more shots through. The whole line did very well and generated more shots than Thortons line
He had some good looks but he fanned on most of them and was fighting the puck all night trying to get it clean on his stick, even for some basic passes.

I'm not saying he had a bad game, just that it was poor compared to what he's been doing so far in the playoffs.

Old
05-22-2013, 02:06 AM
MarleauApologist
#FireDougWilson

Quote:
Burns! Proving that defensemen coming back from injury can play the forward position since 2013
Burns already turned into Ovechkin, now Demers is going to turn into Claude Giroux.

We're gonna have a surplus of centers. Great

And I agree that if we have a "Jonathan Quick plays terrible for this game" card, game 5 is the time to use it.

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:06 AM
ChubbChubby
Using tilt controls!

Quote:
Get your hyperbole garbage out of here. You want to criticize, that's fine. But when someone says something like he has been terrible or not good at all when that is clearly a load of crap, I will say something if I feel like it. If you have a problem with that, you're more than free to block me. I don't tell you when you should or shouldn't chime in on anything so I'd appreciate the same treatment instead of crying about what I do on a freaking forum, dude.

You are free to respond all you want, but don't insult other posters and expect yourself to come out clean in the end. The road is open both ways buddy.

Old
05-22-2013, 02:08 AM
drunksage
#88: The Savior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
Burns already turned into Ovechkin, now Demers is going to turn into Claude Giroux.

We're gonna have a surplus of centers. Great

And I agree that if we have a "Jonathan Quick plays terrible for this game" card, game 5 is the time to use it.
Didn't know that Ovechkin was a center.

Also, are you implying that we don't already have a surplus of centers?

drunksage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:08 AM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
He had some good looks but he fanned on most of them and was fighting the puck all night trying to get it clean on his stick, even for some basic passes.

I'm not saying he had a bad game, just that it was poor compared to what he's been doing so far in the playoffs.
I suppose but the game played on the 18th was a pretty high bench mark. If he could replicate that every day he would be the best player in the world

Old
05-22-2013, 02:09 AM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juantimer View Post
Wait, seriously?

That missed call was blatant. Almost as bad as Brad May's missed call back in 2009.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:09 AM
OrrNumber4

I'd have more sympathy for the Kings's argument if the no-goal had come when it was 2-1. Then the goal would have made it 2-2; if the Kings had scored to make it 2-1 in the 2nd there is little guarantee that things would have gone the same.

In the Carter/Vlasic DOG, the Sharks were up 3-2 when that happened, so it is easier to make a "what-if".

Sometimes I wish we had more Adam Gilchrists in the other major sports. 'Tis a shame that competitiveness has led to poor gamesmanship.

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:10 AM
Audio Outlaw
Jaded Sharks Fan

Is there anything that Burns can't do?

Audio Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:11 AM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Wait, seriously?

That missed call was blatant. Almost as bad as Brad May's missed call back in 2009.
Or Marleau back in 2008. Whistle blows the plays dead... It happens

Old
ChubbChubby
Using tilt controls!

Quote:
I suppose but the game played on the 18th was a pretty high bench mark. If he could replicate that every day he would be the best player in the world
At least when he's playing well I can see it, not just offensively but on the backcheck and on the physical side.

Today he just wasn't up to that form. He doesn't have to light it up like game 4 Vancouver all the time, but some fire would have been nice considering it was a series-changing game.

Old
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

Quote:
Originally Posted by juantimer View Post
It may change the outcome of the series, but it was not bad at all.

Well thank the hockey gods that the ref blew a quick whistle because that would have been a good goal.

McSkittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pinkfloyd

Quote:

You are free to respond all you want, but don't insult other posters and expect yourself to come out clean in the end. The road is open both ways buddy.
If I'm free to respond then you shouldn't have said what you did in the first place, buddy. Or take your own advice and not chime in about insulting other posters if you don't want to have to post the nifty jpg to signify your back-pedaling.

Old
05-22-2013, 02:13 AM
OrrNumber4

Honestly, if the team wins, who cares how Marleau played? It wasn't like he was bad...he was just invisible offensively. Yeah, future performance in all that, but sometimes sports are like that. Marleau chips in when Thornton and Couture are struggling or have a tough matchup, and vice versa.

If the Sharks had lost, then Marleau would deserve some of the blame.

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote