HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Report: Burmistrov won't re-sign with Jets

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-22-2013, 01:34 PM
  #101
Pongs21
Registered User
 
Pongs21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 789
vCash: 50
[QUOTE=You've got a disgruntled young player that's been playing poorly and is an impending RFA that could easily bolt to Russia. Winnipeg doesn't have much leverage here. If you're expecting a bountiful return, you'll be disappointed.[/QUOTE]

He's an RFA with no arbitration rights. His agent has already stated he will not be going to the KHL, and Burmi also basically denied the article on his instagram..

I believe we (Winnipeg) hold all the leverage. he either signs, sits or gets traded for an asset that Chevy would be willing to let him go for.

Pongs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:38 PM
  #102
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,469
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongs21 View Post
He's an RFA with no arbitration rights. His agent has already stated he will not be going to the KHL, and Burmi also basically denied the article on his instagram..

I believe we (Winnipeg) hold all the leverage. he either signs, sits or gets traded for an asset that Chevy would be willing to let him go for.
Lol, guy says he wants out of town and will hold out = Team holds all the leverage in contract/trade negotiations

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:42 PM
  #103
Pongs21
Registered User
 
Pongs21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 789
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Lol, guy says he wants out of town and will hold out = Team holds all the leverage in contract/trade negotiations
He denied it. The fat jack*** who writes for the WPFP wrote that

Pongs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:42 PM
  #104
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS
 
start winnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 9,183
vCash: 50
He'll be in Buffalo by next season.

start winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:48 PM
  #105
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?
 
Benedict Kovalchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CASCADIA NOW
Country: Malta
Posts: 5,444
vCash: 500
Burmistrov for Paajarvi

Benedict Kovalchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:53 PM
  #106
Carolinas Identity
#GoWILD #grr
 
Carolinas Identity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: United States
Posts: 28,672
vCash: 50
What would WPG want from Carolina?

Could we build something around McBain and a 2nd?

Carolinas Identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:57 PM
  #107
dma0034
Registered User
 
dma0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
WFP had a bit that Buffalo wanted a 2nd with Burmistrov at the trade deadline for Stafford. Perhaps that was just Regier haggling -- hopefully he'd come down a bit. Rolston's got a great rep for working with younger guys, perhaps he could help groom another?
I mentioned this at the deadline and got crucified for it.

I just like the idea of removing Stafford. Burmistrov needs to define his game. I think playing with Ennis would improve his game quite honestly and they could be very complimentary to each other.

dma0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:58 PM
  #108
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Lol, guy says he wants out of town and will hold out = Team holds all the leverage in contract/trade negotiations
Its not like they hold 0 leverage in the situation.

He's an RFA. At the end of the day he stays under control of the Jets until they get what they want, or Burmistrov's career is over.

They hold a lot of leverage still. Just like the Oreilly situation earlier in the year.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:01 PM
  #109
Nalens Oga
HeavenOrLasVegas
 
Nalens Oga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,098
vCash: 3434
I hope he does get moved. I don't really care where but I just think that he has a tonne of skill and potential and I'd like to see him in a situation where he can show that and be a Datsyuk-lite.

Nalens Oga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:01 PM
  #110
Orca Smash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
Nothing he is over priced and over rated.
Edler is over priced?

Never heard that one before.

Orca Smash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:04 PM
  #111
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,764
vCash: 5585
People should also take into account this is a Gary Lawless article, AKA Mr. NoonewillsigninWinnipeg. He wrote similar articles saying Evander Kane and Zach Bogosian would also never sign and we all saw what happened with that.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:04 PM
  #112
BrawlFan
Registered User
 
BrawlFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
He is young. He shouldn't even have been in the NHL yet.

All of the following were picked between 6 and 15 (early first but not elite) and seem to be establishing themselves as top-6 (or better) forwards:

Nazen Kadri (22 years old)
Cody Hodgson (23 years old)
Colin Wilson (23 years old)
Michael Boedker (23 years old)
Josh Bailey (23 years old)
Lars Eller (24 years old)
Jiri Tlusty (25 years old)
Derrick Brassard (25 years old)

Some players (Brassard, Hodgson) need a change of scenery. Others just need time.

Seeing as how Burmistrov is solid in his own end, if I was a GM I would have no problem taking the chance that his offense will come later.
I hardly include Brassard in this talk. He had a good finish but lets see how he plays in 82 games next year. But I see your pt that players take time, but what I'm saying is that what would you trade for the players you named? the packages being offered in this thread seem excessive. Will Burmistov, IMO, yeild the same package as the players mentioned above? Probobally - except Hodgson and Kadri as they are valued differently now then before the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
Burmistrov for Paajarvi
Fair trade. This is the value I'd put on Burmistov. Another prospect that will be solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
Its not like they hold 0 leverage in the situation.

He's an RFA. At the end of the day he stays under control of the Jets until they get what they want, or Burmistrov's career is over.

They hold a lot of leverage still. Just like the Oreilly situation earlier in the year.
Reilly was heavily valued as well. He was talked about as being a potential #1C and had what 57 pts last season? Burmistov does not have the same value as O'Reilly did while he was holding out.

They have leverage but lets not think they will be getting a ransom for Burmistov

BrawlFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:05 PM
  #113
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 15,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrawlFan View Post
It sounds harsh but the dude looks like a bust.

he had 20 pts in both 75-76 game seasons and got 10 pts in 44 games this year.

I dont see how some of these proposals make any sense. Personally I dont think hes worth that much and if Winnepeg is getting any of these offers I'd take them and run.

Could be Turris 2.0 tho, I hated the deal at the time and love it now as Rundblad looks like hes going back to Sweden anyway.

He may end up being a bust but 21 is WAY to early to call anyone a bust. The same things were being said about Kadri then he it clicked for him. Maybe it clicks here to maybe it doesn't but 21 is WAY to early to give up on him.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:15 PM
  #114
SuperSaiyanSTARS
DangeROUSS#benneguin
 
SuperSaiyanSTARS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: tx
Country: United States
Posts: 404
vCash: 500

Matt Fraser + Phillip Larsen, VAN 2nd/'13


Burmistrov + Paul Postma

SuperSaiyanSTARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:17 PM
  #115
Marc BargainBin
only on playstation
 
Marc BargainBin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,101
vCash: 500
Desharnais, take it or leave it






Marc BargainBin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:46 PM
  #116
Joey Bones
***** 2k16
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,430
vCash: 500
Rangers should be all over this!!

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:49 PM
  #117
trebendan
Registered User
 
trebendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSaiyanSTARS View Post

Matt Fraser + Phillip Larsen, VAN 2nd/'13


Burmistrov + Paul Postma
How about Stransky & Van 2nd/'13 for Burmistrov?

trebendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:52 PM
  #118
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
He may end up being a bust but 21 is WAY to early to call anyone a bust. The same things were being said about Kadri then he it clicked for him. Maybe it clicks here to maybe it doesn't but 21 is WAY to early to give up on him.
Burmistrov literally cannot bust. He's already a very solid 3rd line center that plays physical and can be any teams #1 PK option. Even if he never finds his offense he will have a productive NHL career. His floor is a solid third line center, ceiling is a elite second liner. His problem is a mediocre shot and a tendency to over dangle the puck.

I think he'll be a steady 15-35 kinda center with excellent defense.

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 03:03 PM
  #119
Petes2424
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,267
vCash: 500
With Filppula in all likelihood leaving Detroit, it's a natural fit. Also with Helm returning, and the increasing value of Joakim Andersson, I can see something around that fitting for both teams. Andersson's big frame and his ability to play in several situations would be a great fit in Winnipeg. Detroit might need to add someone like Jensen or a like tiered player.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 03:13 PM
  #120
SI90
Registered User
 
SI90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: StrongIsland
Country: United States
Posts: 30,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
I can't imagine NYI making a big offer for Burmistrov. He'd play essentially the same role as Frans Nielsen.
I agree on them not make a big offer but Im not surprised that they(Garth had discussions) about Burmi....

I believe in 2010 the isles were going to choose between Nino,Granland, and Burmistrov...All three were invited to LI...


I wouldn't mind adding him but with the offensive prospects we have and what the Jets would likely ask for I say its very unlikely that he gets traded to the Isles...


Interesting fact- Tavares only "fight" in the NHL was against Burmistrov....

SI90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 03:17 PM
  #121
thatshype
Registered User
 
thatshype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Burmistrov literally cannot bust. He's already a very solid 3rd line center that plays physical and can be any teams #1 PK option. Even if he never finds his offense he will have a productive NHL career. His floor is a solid third line center, ceiling is a elite second liner. His problem is a mediocre shot and a tendency to over dangle the puck.

I think he'll be a steady 15-35 kinda center with excellent defense.
I admit that I haven't watched Burmistrov very closely at all, but the things you listed as problems are pretty glaring in my mind, at least from an offensive point of view. Over-danglers are sometimes high-skilled guys that just haven't learned better....but they are also sometimes guys with poor vision and poor hockey sense (at least offensively).

thatshype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 03:24 PM
  #122
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!
 
DatsyukToZetterberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
With Filppula in all likelihood leaving Detroit, it's a natural fit. Also with Helm returning, and the increasing value of Joakim Andersson, I can see something around that fitting for both teams. Andersson's big frame and his ability to play in several situations would be a great fit in Winnipeg. Detroit might need to add someone like Jensen or a like tiered player.
Helm had another set back recently. It looks like he won't be able to do any offseason training & he still doesn't have a clear diagnosis on his back problem.

I'd like to trade for Burmistrov but I think they'd want Tatar+, or Jarnkrok, both of which I'm not sure the Wings would do. I think if Burmi had shown more finish I'd be willing to do Tatar+, but right now I'm not sure.

DatsyukToZetterberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 03:26 PM
  #123
Felix Unger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 14,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
I agree on them not make a big offer but Im not surprised that they(Garth had discussions) about Burmi....

I believe in 2010 the isles were going to choose between Nino,Granland, and Burmistrov...All three were invited to LI...
Nothing wrong with kicking tires, but Burmistrov is a roster player that needs to be paid money, and WPG paid significant value. It's not the same as drafting a guy. We've got a guy who does what he does, while also being the glue for the team in Nielsen. We've got another guy in Cizikas, that is comparable. We don't need to corner the market on medium-sized 2nd/3rd line tweeners that are defensively responsible, handle the puck well, and occasionally struggle to add secondary scoring.

Felix Unger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 03:30 PM
  #124
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 43,046
vCash: 500
Weren't there similar rumors with Evander Kane last year?

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 03:31 PM
  #125
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatshype View Post
I admit that I haven't watched Burmistrov very closely at all, but the things you listed as problems are pretty glaring in my mind, at least from an offensive point of view. Over-danglers are sometimes high-skilled guys that just haven't learned better....but they are also sometimes guys with poor vision and poor hockey sense (at least offensively).
He has questions offensively there's no doubt. But one positive in that regard is he's a Puck possession monster. Any time he's on the ice his line (no matter who he plays with) spends more time in the offensive zone than the defensive zone. He's great at forcing turnovers and at winning battles along the boards. He just needs to figure out how to turn this possession time into points.

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.