HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Who will Brock Lesnar face at Wrestlemania XXX?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-22-2013, 11:08 AM
  #1
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 38,923
vCash: 50
Who will Brock Lesnar face at Wrestlemania XXX?

Quote:
- Depending on whether or not The Rock decides to return to wrestling, Brock Lesnar may return to WWE TV later this year to begin a feud with either Rock or The Undertaker.

It turns out that the spot on RAW a few weeks ago where Lesnar stopped and stared at a poster of The Rock wasn't scripted by WWE officials. Apparently that was Lesnar "going into business for himself."

While nobody knows if The Rock will return yet, Vince McMahon and others in the company feel that he will be feeling better this fall and agree to work WrestleMania XXX against Lesnar.
Source: F4WOnline

__________________
M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:29 PM
  #2
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 32,987
vCash: 500
I don't believe that for a minute. It's no secret that the two of them want to work together in a program. Both made that fairly clear with their actions and interviews. Only the WWE writers could conceivably get in the way of that one.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:38 PM
  #3
OmniSens
@OmniSenators
 
OmniSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,320
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Rock and Brock should happen.

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:24 PM
  #4
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,916
vCash: 500
That would be painful to watch.,

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:32 PM
  #5
Foy
Registered User
 
Foy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,965
vCash: 500
Why not have Lesnar face a full time wrestler, you know, actually elevate someone who will be around for a few matches?

My dream Lesnar Opponent for next WM? Sheamus. The promos wouldn't be great, but damn, the match could be interesting. Both of them are big physical guys that don't mind making their opponents look like a million bucks.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 05:50 PM
  #6
This
That
 
This's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Around.
Posts: 916
vCash: 500
Hhh 100%

This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 07:21 PM
  #7
duckchobbins
Moderator
 
duckchobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
Why not have Lesnar face a full time wrestler, you know, actually elevate someone who will be around for a few matches?

My dream Lesnar Opponent for next WM? Sheamus. The promos wouldn't be great, but damn, the match could be interesting. Both of them are big physical guys that don't mind making their opponents look like a million bucks.
I could go for that. Sheamus actually isn't bad at all with bigger guys. He has a fantastic match with Big Show recently at a ppv. I think the first match they had, where Show caught the Brogue Kick and suckered Sheamus in the jaw. The rematch they had next month was mediocre though.

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 07:51 PM
  #8
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by This View Post
Hhh 100%
Moar! WE WANT MOAR!!!!!


King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 11:16 PM
  #9
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style
 
Shinsuke Nakamura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,565
vCash: 500
Rock/Brock

Austin/Punk

Cena/Taker

Do it.

Shinsuke Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 11:40 PM
  #10
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 38,923
vCash: 50
overkill. all three of those matches would draw the same number of buys as just two of those matches being on the card would. have two, save one for the year later to pop that buyrate.

I'm still sticking by the thought that Austin never wrestles another match again, and as it stands now, his final match was against The Rock at WM19 (thank god he didn't compete in 2005 against Coach). Still a great way to close out the career if that is it. Plus, I'd hate to see him come back only to have a comeback like The Rock did.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 01:46 AM
  #11
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chael Sonnen View Post
overkill. all three of those matches would draw the same number of buys as just two of those matches being on the card would. have two, save one for the year later to pop that buyrate.

I'm still sticking by the thought that Austin never wrestles another match again, and as it stands now, his final match was against The Rock at WM19 (thank god he didn't compete in 2005 against Coach). Still a great way to close out the career if that is it. Plus, I'd hate to see him come back only to have a comeback like The Rock did.
Not hard to pop the Buyrate for WM 31 Brock/ Taker would draw BIG money.

Could also do Austin/Rock one more so their rivalry ends as it should 2-2

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 10:01 AM
  #12
Foy
Registered User
 
Foy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
I could go for that. Sheamus actually isn't bad at all with bigger guys. He has a fantastic match with Big Show recently at a ppv. I think the first match they had, where Show caught the Brogue Kick and suckered Sheamus in the jaw. The rematch they had next month was mediocre though.
Talking Sheamus = stupid.

In ring Sheamus = entertaining. He's one of the few guys on TV that wins all the time, but still manages to make his opponents look good. Look at how good he made the PTP look this week.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 10:31 AM
  #13
Snipeshow
Registered User
 
Snipeshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,672
vCash: 500
Heel Sheamus should have been Heyman's guy. Then I don't have to listen to him speak.

Snipeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:21 AM
  #14
JuicyJ*
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 312
vCash: 500
I'd probably begin to like Sheamus if he never spoke. Him
Vs Lesnar won't happen. Heyman would chew him up and spit him out

JuicyJ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:46 AM
  #15
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 38,923
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Not hard to pop the Buyrate for WM 31 Brock/ Taker would draw BIG money.

Could also do Austin/Rock one more so their rivalry ends as it should 2-2
Undertaker is probably done at WM30.

I think the program at 2-1 is just fine. The better man with the win.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 02:11 PM
  #16
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chael Sonnen View Post
Undertaker is probably done at WM30.

I think the program at 2-1 is just fine. The better man with the win.
I still think their are 2 or 3 big matches for taker.

Brock/ Taker

Cena/Taker

Y2J/Taker

2 of those NEED to happen before Taker retires thats Cena/Taker and Brock/ Taker

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 04:36 PM
  #17
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 38,923
vCash: 50
Y2J/Taker lol...he lost to Fandango at WM, he's supposed to be a legit threat to the streak?

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 04:43 PM
  #18
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chael Sonnen View Post
Y2J/Taker lol...he lost to Fandango at WM, he's supposed to be a legit threat to the streak?
I'm talking about matches that would draw money and Y2J/Taker draws money

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 04:51 PM
  #19
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4
 
TheMurdocktor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,476
vCash: 500
Personally, I think the Rock is done wrestling. Not necessarily done with the WWE, but in-ring.

So then, the main event card I would have for 'Mania is...

Brock-Taker
Ziggler-Bryan-Orton-Sheamus-Barrett in a Championship Scramble for the WHC
Punk-Cena for the WWE Title

TheMurdocktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 05:14 PM
  #20
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 38,923
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
I'm talking about matches that would draw money and Y2J/Taker draws money
Only because of the streak.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 03:24 AM
  #21
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 18,360
vCash: 500
if rock is there that means no austin, i'd rather if given the choice austin vs punk , brock vs undertaker, and no cena

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 07:45 AM
  #22
duckchobbins
Moderator
 
duckchobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMurdocktor View Post
Personally, I think the Rock is done wrestling. Not necessarily done with the WWE, but in-ring.

So then, the main event card I would have for 'Mania is...

Brock-Taker
Ziggler-Bryan-Orton-Sheamus-Barrett in a Championship Scramble for the WHC
Punk-Cena for the WWE Title
That's a respectable top three I think. Would love to see it.

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 08:07 AM
  #23
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
Heel Sheamus should have been Heyman's guy. Then I don't have to listen to him speak.
why not, fella?

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 11:54 AM
  #24
Megahab
Registered User
 
Megahab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,329
vCash: 500
I want to see Lesnar against someone he hasn't faced before, not Rock or Undertaker. But WWE hasn't built anyone up to that level.

Megahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 01:29 PM
  #25
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 38,923
vCash: 50
Quote:
Steve Austin will be recording a Q&A podcast today where fans will be able to call in and ask questions. Steve Austin has announced his guidelines for the session on Twitter.

"Headed to studio to do a #steveaustinshow. Will tweet out phone number to studio for you to call in and ask questions.

I will not be answering WM30, comeback, or the Shield questions. Focus on current events or advice type questions."
the man himself is getting sick and tired of WM30 and comeback questions, can we give it a rest? He doesn't need to come back for another match. He's given it his all to the business. His WM19 send off against The Rock was the perfect send off. No need to come back to put on a subpar match.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.