HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thanks so much for a great series!

Old
05-24-2013, 10:22 PM
AccuracyFive
87SidGeno71

vCash: 500
Thanks so much for a great series!

Classiest fans on this entire board. Loved the actual hockey talk instead of the constant *****ing about officiating. You guys have an awesome team upcoming in the future and Turris is looking like a beast and wouldn't be at all surprised to hear his name for Selke year in, year out.

But most of all, Pageau. What a surprise he has been for you guys.

Great series al laround and good luck in the future (except for against us. )

AccuracyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:28 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulCobraZ View Post
Classiest fans on this entire board. Loved the actual hockey talk instead of the constant *****ing about officiating. You guys have an awesome team upcoming in the future and Turris is looking like a beast and wouldn't be at all surprised to hear his name for Selke year in, year out.

That was a brutal series hopefully next season the sens are healthy. (Not to say the pens didn't deserve it but this is a shadow of a team from its healthy self.)

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:28 PM
Carrie Underwood

vCash: 905
Win the cup so we can say we lost to the cup champs..

Carrie Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:30 PM
Dave Sparky Allison
2-22-1

Thanks for the kind words. Much respect. Good luck the rest of the way.

Dave Sparky Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:30 PM
AccuracyFive
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
That was a brutal series hopefully next season the sens are healthy.
Despite the loss, you guys have to think that you are one of only 8 teams in the NHL playing at this time even in a retooling year with so many injury-riddled star players. I thought that was an amazing feat to accomplish for you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie Underwood View Post
Win the cup so we can say we lost to the cup champs..
Hoping we can.

AccuracyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:34 PM
Benjamin
Life is suffering

vCash: 133

Benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:34 PM
Quo

Thanks for the kind words but I kinda wish we could have hated each other more.

I guess that's what you get when completely over-matched. Not much to jive about but, like you indicated, still some solid positives to take away from the whole experience.

Good luck the rest of the way.

I'm rooting for DET.

Quo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:35 PM
Senscore
The Superior B-Side

Not ready to be gracious in defeat just yet.

Maybe tomorrow when I'm sober.

Senscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:37 PM
JWells16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulCobraZ View Post

Yep, pretty much.

JWells16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:54 PM
Ugene Malkin
Drank from the Cup

Pleasure Guy's/Gals, I hope you guys first off have great luck in the draft and then next season. You have the base to start from.

I don't think we'll see such great back and forth with, Boston.

Many props to you all on here. For those cheering on other teams....All's good.

Edit: Top notch GDT makers as well.

*CHEERS*

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 11:41 PM
Rumcajs

Too soon man, just too soon.

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 11:43 PM
Dave Sparky Allison
2-22-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumcajs View Post

Too soon man, just too soon.
At least we beat them in 2007.

Old
05-25-2013, 04:06 AM
foog*

Love Ya!

foog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 04:37 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Well, that didn't take long... I knew it wouldn't.

This is not sour grapes, but I've always HATED when a fan of a team that JUST ended your team's season comes in, no more than an hour afterwards, with the 'great series' and 'you guys have a great future' and 'love your fans' crap. You (not referring to the OP or anyone in particular) badmouth us and our team throughout a series, then come in and play nice when the pain of our team's season ending is at its freshest. At least have the decency to wait a couple of days. It just comes off condescending.

It is even more loathsome in this case, when the officiating was (as it always is) horrendously (in most cases) biased in your team's favour, and one of your players, who is nothing more putrid waste of skin who may have killed (or at least severely limited) the ability of one of the league's best players with what can only be described as a deli slice to the achilles of our best player. This is the same guy who has pulled this cheap, dirty crap his entire career, and is probably the most hated guy in the league.

So pardon me if we don't graciously accept your praise.

Go Bruins/Hawks/Wings, heck even the Rangers, anyone but Pittsburgh. I do not want to see that team rewarded.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 04:46 AM
TheOriginalSilf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post

This is not sour grapes, but I've always HATED when a fan of a team that JUST ended your team's season comes in, no more than an hour afterwards, with the 'great series' and 'you guys have a great future' and 'love your fans' crap. You (not referring to the OP or anyone in particular) badmouth us and our team throughout a series, then come in and play nice when the pain of our team's season ending is at its freshest. At least have the decency to wait a couple of days. It just comes off condescending.

It is even more loathsome in this case, when the officiating was (as it always is) horrendously (in most cases) biased in your team's favour, and one of your players, who is nothing more putrid waste of skin who may have killed (or at least severely limited) the ability of one of the league's best players with what can only be described as a deli slice to the achilles of our best player. This is the same guy who has pulled this cheap, dirty crap his entire career, and is probably the most hated guy in the league.

Go Bruins/Hawks/Wings, heck even the Rangers, anyone but Pittsburgh. I do not want to see that team rewarded.
1. You're lumping every single Pens fan into one group. Not every single fan bad mouthed us or talked **** during the series.

2. If you're offended by something like this, you shouldn't come to the boards after losing (same goes to a lot of people on here).

3. The officiating was ****, but it'd be stupid to say they didn't get their share of bad calls either. This game was a good example of that. The problem is the officiating is just incredibly inconsistent.

4. These guys are fans who are saying they enjoyed talking hockey with some of us and that they like our team. If you think this is meant to be condescending in anyway, you sir, are incredibly paranoid.

5. Take a ****ing chill pill.

To Pens fans: I hate your team, but the Pens walked over us and helped show us that we have a ways to go before we are contenders. Thank you for the words and congratulations. Please ignore the butt hurt of some.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 04:56 AM
Nordic*

Anderson and Gonchar both had great seasons up til this series, but here they **** the bed big time.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 05:07 AM
TheRobinGoblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Anderson and Gonchar both had great seasons up til this series, but here they **** the bed big time.
Anderson wasn't as dominant as in the regular season but that's not surprising considering the opposition. The last couple of games were tough, but then they were an exception to an otherwise fantastic season. Gonchar however was worse.

TheRobinGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 07:51 AM
MoreGore

If the Pens play like this, there is no team that can stop them. Crosby is on another planet and the team in another league.

The Pens scored at will on one of the top defensive team in the league. That is how strong they are.

Thank goodness for the cap. Hopefully the Sens will be able to compete with the Pens in a few years.

(Pageau? Holy crap. An amazing 170lb 20 year old. His hockey IQ is just fantastic. I thought the rest of the Sens prospects were impressive, but this kid comes out of nowhere to play big minutes in the 2nd round of the playoffs)

MoreGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 11:53 AM
Dave Sparky Allison
2-22-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post

You must hate the post series handshakes between the two teams then.

Old
05-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

Brutal series to watch as a sens fan. Pittsburgh fans must have been laughing all the way at how they dominated.

Ghost in the Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 01:30 PM
mcnorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobodrifter View Post
I was not aware his career was over. I swear I saw him playing, not very well mind you, but playing none the less.
Well, in a way his career as a dominant force in the league is over.

Maybe he'll be back. But you can't say the Cooke injury did not impact the series significantly by handicapping EK, and thus the Sens.

So Sens fans can have those grapes, sour they may be, and it's not cool to hold it against them.

mcnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 03:41 PM
sensrulz

Pens score 3.4 goals per game on average, Sens 2.4, the only way we were going to beat the Pens is with solid GT and D, and a bit of puck luck thrown in. The D hung Andy out to dry far too much and he was outplayed by Vokoun in this series. We don't match up well against the Pens and they have the best offense in the league and in this series Vokoun was solid. They won 15 in a row this year, and 8 of their last 10.
Sens brass will need to add at least one, maybe 2 solid scorers and 1 top four D, a tall order indeed if we want to get past teams like the Pens. Gonch, Cowen and Karlsson had a brutal series. Cowen and Karlsson I'll give them a pass as they were both coming off of serious injuries but Gonch was terrible in this series, maybe the minutes caught up to him in the PO's as he filled in for Karlsson admirably in the regular season but $%$#^ the bed in this series, he alone though is not to blame as there are other players as well.
Some players need to take a long hard look in the mirror after these last 2 games.

sensrulz is offline   Reply With Quote