HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Jagr or Iginla at trade deadline day in hindsight

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2013, 12:02 AM
northeastern

vCash: 500
looking at it bruins fans can be somewhat happy simple because we did not lose bart or koko and instead lost very little for jagr. Now b's just need jagr to start burying his chances!

Old
05-23-2013, 12:02 AM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by illpucks View Post
Jagr is saving his best for his former team.
Which one?

Old
05-23-2013, 12:03 AM
northeastern

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
I think the Bruins are the last team that would feel confident with a 3-0 series lead.
as a bruins fan I am very very far from thinking about the next round. very far away.

Old
05-23-2013, 12:22 AM
SergeiSamsonov*

Bruins fan here....

Iginla as a player, but I'll take the Jagr deal. Bartkowski, Koko, and a 1st isn't worth a rental.

Old
05-23-2013, 12:31 AM
Windy River

At the trade deadline, today, anytime in the past 8 years, and anytime in the future I will take Iginla, and so would any GM with a shred of sense.

Old
05-23-2013, 12:33 AM
Brainiac

vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeiSamsonov View Post
Bruins fan here....

Iginla as a player, but I'll take the Jagr deal. Bartkowski, Koko, and a 1st isn't worth a rental.
Basically that. Iginla brings much more, Jagr has much more history behind him.

Deals were made accordingly, and will be judged depending on what happens in the eastern conference finals.

Old
05-23-2013, 01:24 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

I don't even see how the two can be compared at this point.

Jagr was playing with Kelly and Peverley and is just now getting time with Bergeron and Marchand (and that line suddenly started scoring).
Boston has played a decent Toronto team and probably East's best defensive team in the Rangers.

Meanwhile, Iginla's playing on the most stacked team in the league against the talented - but ultimately still nowhere near ready for this kind of a challenge - teams in the Isles and the Sens.

Why would you even compare points between them right now?

Old
05-23-2013, 01:44 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

vCash: 50
Obviously Iggy.

Old
05-23-2013, 01:50 AM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 50
Iginla's outproducing Jagr WHILE playing bad. Iginla at his worst his still 3 times more productive than Jagr.

Iginla AINEC

Old
05-23-2013, 01:53 AM
Jet Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty Pucks View Post
Just dropping by to say that since he hates Pittsburgh, I love Jagr. I can't wait for the ECF when Jagr goes HAM yet again on his former team en route to a sweep.
Aww that's cute. I love when you're constantly wrong.

Old
05-23-2013, 02:02 AM
Since1989
Bring Back Sjostrom

Bruins fans still ********? Jesus it's been like 6 weeks.

Iginla.

Old
05-23-2013, 02:04 AM
hfsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
This year, we aren't missing an injured Krejci, Seidenberg, and whoever else playing a concussed Savard and Trent ****ing Whitfield.

Due to the price we paid for Jagr versus Iginla I much rather have Jagr. Especially since Iginla now showed his true colors and character. If he wants to try to take the easy way to the Cup, so be it. Hopefully he fails for the rest of the career.

I don't actually think he'd have made any difference for us anyways. Like Jagr, he'd of started with Kelly and Peverley, and I doubt he'd ever be put on the line with Bergeron and Marchand. He'd have about one point with Kelly and Peverley.

I always find it funny, last year when ward scored the series clincher for the caps....twitter exploded with racial comments

1 year later a player decides to not go and play for the bruins and you get these kinda reactions, you dont know whats going through the guys head....iggs has been one of the best power forwards of the past decade and deserves a cup

Old
05-23-2013, 04:15 AM
ObjectiveOpinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1989 View Post
Bruins fans still ********? Jesus it's been like 6 weeks.

Iginla.
I was not happy at the time, but after getting Jagr and seeing his play, I'm very happy to have him on the team. We got to keep Bart whose dominantly playing huge minutes like a vet. Jagr has played solid no matter what line he's on, and, mark my words, he will start to pot the ones he's been mysteriously whiffing on lately.

I think the question isn't would you rather have one or the other, it's are you happy with how it turned out? And yes Iginla would have been nice, but I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Old
05-23-2013, 05:51 AM
habdynasty

Iginla, this is his chance to get a cup, jags won it25 years ago.

Old
05-23-2013, 06:08 AM
Derp Kassian

Iginla is finished and producing. Just amazing.

Old
05-23-2013, 06:21 AM
Robert Theodorson

If you think Jagr was a better pickup than Iggy please pass the crack pipe down here because I want to be on your level.

Iggy is a do-it-all player who is hungrier than anyone in the league to win, not to mention that Jagr has flat out sucked in the playoffs, but I guess nobody is taking that into account. You can ring 50 shots off the post, if they don't go in, you might as well have not even taken a shot.

Old
05-23-2013, 06:31 AM
spg2000

Iginla has definitely been the better player, but Jagr has been better than his numbers would indicate - dude is seriously snakebitten right now. He started off very badly, but had the flu. He's been better since then.

The Bruins were giving up a lot for Iginla, and not very much for Jagr. At the time I was in the minority of Boston fans who was relieved when the Iginla deal fell apart. I just thought it was too much to give up for a rental on this team. They didn't give up much for Jagr. Also Bartkowski has surprisingly been very strong for the Bruins in the playoffs so far, and has really been key to patching up their defensive injury problem.

Summary: Iginla has been the better player, but I'm glad the Bruins traded for Jagr instead.

Old
05-23-2013, 06:50 AM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeiSamsonov View Post
Bruins fan here....

Thank god that trade never happened.

Fact is both players are done.

Old
05-23-2013, 06:52 AM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by spg2000 View Post
Iginla has definitely been the better player, but Jagr has been better than his numbers would indicate - dude is seriously snakebitten right now. He started off very badly, but had the flu. He's been better since then.

The Bruins were giving up a lot for Iginla, and not very much for Jagr. At the time I was in the minority of Boston fans who was relieved when the Iginla deal fell apart. I just thought it was too much to give up for a rental on this team. They didn't give up much for Jagr. Also Bartkowski has surprisingly been very strong for the Bruins in the playoffs so far, and has really been key to patching up their defensive injury problem.

Summary: Iginla has been the better player, but I'm glad the Bruins traded for Jagr instead.
If and I say If the B's advance we will see who was the better player to trade for.

Old
05-23-2013, 06:53 AM
Rubber Biscuit
Noted Loui Apologist

Iginla has played better. However, Jagr has certainly been a threat for the Bruins and has at least made the PP run smoother, even if the results aren't there.

I take Iginla over Jagr, but I take the Jagr trade because it allowed us to keep Bartkowski who has been huge for us.

Old
05-23-2013, 06:55 AM
clefty
What?

Quite funny that now the price was way too much to give, when at the time you had to wade hip deep through all the crowing about how the Bruins had fleeced Calgary when they thought they had him.

Old
05-23-2013, 07:00 AM
tony d
The franchise

Iginla for me.

05-23-2013, 07:01 AM
rocketdan9

Iginla so far in points. But in overall play , Jagr gets the edge. If you go by how long you are in the opponents side of the rink vs your own end, Jagr rarely spends much time in the defensive end. He is the one usually beating up/tiring out the d's on the offensive end. This was especially the case when he was playing on the inferior third line for most of the playoffs.

Give Jagr the rest of the playoffs on the 2nd line the points will climb up.

Old
05-23-2013, 07:01 AM
MurphyDump

The sad thing is the OP gave his thoughtful insight, or lack there of and was never heard from again. Brilliant.

Iggy has been producing while not playing great AND while being misused out of position. He's been taken off the first PP unit where his one timer on the off-wing was very effective and made other teams have to respect the other side of the ice for once, instead of just stacking the side that Geno and Sid work on.

He also has zero chemistry with Malkin, and Bylsma refuses to use him with Crosby and Dupuis. Not to mention he's playing his off wing and looked horrible to start. (he's looking slightly more comfy lately)

Maybe one day soon Bylsma will use Iggy to his full capabilities and we'll see what he can really contribute, but as of now we'll have to be content with his 12 points in 10 games and 5th in playoff scoring.

Old
05-23-2013, 07:04 AM
AlwaysARanger
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp Kassian View Post
Iginla is finished and producing. Just amazing.
Safe to say he want sign with The Rangers this summer.

Closed Thread