HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LX - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2013, 09:59 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Unless Boston pulls another 3-0 collapse like with the Flyers, or blow the series lead like with the Leafs.
No way will that happen. Rangers aren't the Flyers. And Boston new aren't Boston old.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:00 PM
Andy

Soft play by Hamilton, too passive on Kreider there. Needed to tie him up, but let him gain inside position.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:00 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
He's been great in regulation.
Goals 1 and 2 were awful. Second goal was a lack of focus.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:01 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
No way will that happen. Rangers aren't the Flyers. And Boston new aren't Boston old.
The new Bruins that almost blew a 3-1 series lead against the Leafs?

Old
05-23-2013, 10:02 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

ah dang!

Old
05-23-2013, 10:02 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
The new Bruins that almost blew a 3-1 series lead against the Leafs?
Yep. The old ones would have blown it. The old ones would also have not come back from a 4-1 deficit in the 3rd. Yep, those new ones.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:03 PM
PyrettaBlaze

I don't like Hamilton...

05-23-2013, 10:03 PM
katatoniak

I like Brodeur during the intermission. He could be good there after his career.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:05 PM
Andy

Quote:
Yep. The old ones would have blown it. The old ones would also have not come back from a 4-1 deficit in the 3rd. Yep, those new ones.
Still a blown series lead, from which they came out by the skin of their teeth. I wonder if we'd make the same excuses if the Habs did the same thing. Hell, we don't even want to give the 09-10 team any credit because "Halak did all the work."

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I don't like Hamilton...
As of now, the day that the injured guys are coming back, you totally remove him from the lineup and keep Krug and Bartkowski. We talk a lot about Krug but Bartkowski is also pretty solid.

Old
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Rangers were lucky.

I have to say, I enjoy watching the Bruins play... And I feel dirty for it.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:08 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Still a blown series lead, from which they came out by the skin of their teeth.
But it's officially blown when you actually lose it right? Point is, Boston old didn't have the confidence to do what they continously do. How many games have they come back from behind in the 3rd period this year? And how confident they feel in OT minus today though they again came close 2 or 3 times before Kreider's goal.

Toronto wasn't an easy team to beat. I think we learned that this year even if we were really proud to finish ahead of the Bruins.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:09 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I wonder if we'd make the same excuses if the Habs did the same thing. Hell, we don't even want to give the 09-10 team any credit because "Halak did all the work."
If my team ends up winning a cup? Yep...I'd me making the same excuses. As far as not giving the 09-10 team any credit...well not sure but maybe because our team was continuously outshot and everybody with eyes knew that it wasn't all shots coming from the outside and Halak had to do miracles on top of miracles. Not sure that the Bruins are being dominated here the way we kinda were....

Old
05-23-2013, 10:12 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Rangers were lucky.

I have to say, I enjoy watching the Bruins play... And I feel dirty for it.
I'm really enjoying the new Milan Lucic. He is not the meathead he used to be in my eyes. Even listening to his interviews he is much more relaxed and articulate, surprising.

I'm wondering if having a kid has changed his view on life and mentality towards how he acts and plays the game. Either way, he's a beast and appears to be a pretty decent human being now!

Old
05-23-2013, 10:14 PM
Andy

Quote:
But it's officially blown when you actually lose it right? Point is, Boston old didn't have the confidence to do what they continously do. How many games have they come back from behind in the 3rd period this year? And how confident they feel in OT minus today though they again came close 2 or 3 times before Kreider's goal.

Toronto wasn't an easy team to beat. I think we learned that this year even if we were really proud to finish ahead of the Bruins.
How many times this year do they let teams come back in the 3rd? We saw it with the habs twice. This is a Boston that consistently struggles and ending series or games and has a tendency to let their opponents back in it. No different this year.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:15 PM
bras meurtris
rise in darkness

lol yeah they are very good. But that way too much Bruins love.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:15 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I'm really enjoying the new Milan Lucic. He is not the meathead he used to be in my eyes. Even listening to his interviews he is much more relaxed and articulate, surprising.

I'm wondering if having a kid has changed his view on life and mentality towards how he acts and plays the game. Either way, he's a beast and appears to be a pretty decent human being now!
I've always enjoyed him. He's one of my favourite players in the league. He's a beast. It's just a nightmare when he's smashing the Habs.. Against everyone else though, I like it.

Boy Im glad we took Maxwell one spot ahead of him in the draft though

Old
05-23-2013, 10:16 PM
Andy

Quote:
If my team ends up winning a cup? Yep...I'd me making the same excuses. As far as not giving the 09-10 team any credit...well not sure but maybe because our team was continuously outshot and everybody with eyes knew that it wasn't all shots coming from the outside and Halak had to do miracles on top of miracles. Not sure that the Bruins are being dominated here the way we kinda were....
For someone who bis hesitant to give gainey for the Kovlev trade because he "almost traded plekanec", I'm pretty confident you would hesitate giving the habs credit if they blew a series lead and barely made it through.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:18 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Goals 1 and 2 were awful. Second goal was a lack of focus.
I'm not talking about 1 game. He's due a bad game. And yet his bad game resulted in just 3 goals in regulation while making some big saves in OT.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
For someone who blames gainey for almost trading plekanec, I'm pretty confident you would hesitate giving the habs credit if they blew a series lead and barely made it through.
Not sure I see the relation between both but if you see one, well great for you. One was a trade that Gainey gave the other GM the choice between 3 players and the other aspect is giving a team credit when its due....Okay....that's about the same thing.

Barely made it through, is making it through. If we barely make it through in the 1st round and then be beaten in 4 games in the next round, well that's a totally different topic than barely making it through in the 1st round and then end up in a Cup Finals improving series after series. I do hope that you see the difference.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:25 PM
Andy

Quote:
Not sure I see the relation between both but if you see one, well great for you. One was a trade that Gainey gave the other GM the choice between 3 players and the other aspect is giving a team credit when its due....Okay....that's about the same thing.

Barely made it through, is making it through. If we barely make it through in the 1st round and then be beaten in 4 games in the next round, well that's a totally different topic than barely making it through in the 1st round and then end up in a Cup Finals improving series after series. I do hope that you see the difference.
would you consider barely making the playoffs making it?

Is Boston in the Finals right now? Sorry I guess I missed two whole rounds of playoffs.

Based on Boston's recent history with blowing leads, I wouldn't be shocked if the Rangers made this series a little tighter. Bruins are fragile imo, they have had favorable matchups thus far. Kudos to them for making it through thus far, but I'm not as impressed with their play thus far as others are.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:29 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
How many times this year do they let teams come back in the 3rd? We saw it with the habs twice. This is a Boston that consistently struggles and ending series or games and has a tendency to let their opponents back in it. No different this year.
Okay, okay, I get it. Boston sucks. Worst team ever, worst cup winner ever, and worst soon ECFinalist ever. Sorry, forgot the hating mode again.

Yet, they weren't too great when leading after 2 periods, but I also know that whether they were leading or trailing in the 3rd, they were often coming back to be on top at the end of the game. That's the idea that I got from them this year.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:31 PM
Andy

Quote:
Okay, okay, I get it. Boston sucks. Worst team ever, worst cup winner ever, and worst soon ECFinalist ever. Sorry, forgot the hating mode again.

Yet, they weren't too great when leading after 2 periods, but I also know that whether they were leading or trailing in the 3rd, they were often coming back to be on top at the end of the game. That's the idea that I got from them this year.
Where did I say the Bruins sucked?

Blown leads has been a problem for the Bruins all season long. Many times this year during the regular season they have trouble closing games, letting their opponents back in. We saw it again in the playoffs with the leafs, sure they made it through, but they've shown the same issues all season long, the lack of killer ability, letting games drag on beyond what they should be. For that reason, it would not be a shocker for me if the Rangers narrow the lead of the series and make Boston and their fans sweat.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:32 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
would you consider barely making the playoffs making it?

Is Boston in the Finals right now? Sorry I guess I missed two whole rounds of playoffs.

Based on Boston's recent history with blowing leads, I wouldn't be shocked if the Rangers made this series a little tighter. Bruins are fragile imo, they have had favorable matchups thus far. Kudos to them for making it through thus far, but I'm not as impressed with their play thus far as others are.
Yes I would? Why? Geez, you're firing in all directions right now...What's the point?

Old
05-23-2013, 10:33 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Detroit simply doesn't fear in any matter Chicago. I'm pretty sure a part of the success the Hawks had this season was due to teams giving them a little too much room to maneuver.

Closed Thread