HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LX - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2013, 10:35 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Yes I would? Why? Geez, you're firing in all directions right now...What's the point?
Because despite the consistent in the quality of your posts, you are a typical the grass is always greener elsewhere poster. No offense.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:36 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Where did I say the Bruins sucked?
I don't know....maybe implying that Boston ALMOST lost that series against a poor Leafs team made me believed that's what you meant? Unless it was the comment about being a fragile team? Or about the fact that they always loses their leads? Or your actual belief that they actually might collapse like they did with the Flyers. Or all of those answers which in context, might mean that they suck?

Old
05-23-2013, 10:39 PM
Nedved

well, penalty shots don't happen in the playoffs. geez.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:40 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
The hawks should of pulled their goalie.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:40 PM
Andy

Quote:
I don't know....maybe implying that Boston ALMOST lost that series against a poor Leafs team made me believed that's what you meant? Unless it was the comment about being a fragile team? Or about the fact that they always loses their leads? Or your actual belief that they actually might collapse like they did with the Flyers. Or all of those answers which in context, might mean that they suck?
That's quite the jump in logic there WS. Things are not black and White, grey does exist.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:43 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Hawks looking like the Habs. Can't pass, can't get out of their own zone...physically beaten. It's like watching a Habs playoff game.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:44 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Because despite the consistent in the quality of your posts, you are a typical the grass is always greener elsewhere poster. No offense.
None taken based on who it's coming from. By the way....1 3rd round in 20ish years. The grass is INDEED greener in some other places. Thing is, contrary to some others I'm able to criticze my team and see what others are doing right instead of just either finding excuses like when Boston won, excuses like "Worst team to have ever won a cup" or something like that. I know that in 1993.... I heard those "Worst team to have won a cup" type of reactions....and how lucky we were 'cause we had the best matchups....to which I replied...**** off. We won. We played against who we were given. We won all those OT's. And our goalie was a Habs. And in the end....we won. Period.

So I hope that the management sees that the grass is indeed greener elsewhere. We might be able to get a couple of ideas with the idea to make our team better. And yet, despite all those years, I'm still a fan. Still freezing my ass all those years to see our prospects. Keep going and watching the games and commenting on it. My approach doesn't make me less of a fan.

Anyway, I see that you're going back to what you were before with me. Strange, though, I thought we were passed that. I guess not.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:45 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
But it's officially blown when you actually lose it right? Point is, Boston old didn't have the confidence to do what they continously do. How many games have they come back from behind in the 3rd period this year? And how confident they feel in OT minus today though they again came close 2 or 3 times before Kreider's goal.

Toronto wasn't an easy team to beat. I think we learned that this year even if we were really proud to finish ahead of the Bruins.
Well technically speaking, they did lose it. They no longer had the lead when the other team tied it.

I agree that you live you learn. It's a saying that I fully agree and often mention. Going through the cup run, and going through a complete choke losing a 3-0 series lead to Philly, certainly have gave them the experience to really know that winning a PO series is very difficult and anything can happen, so never ever quit.
That being said, I don't think they had any business going to 7 games versus Toronto. They played with fire.

There's no way I see them lose to the Rangers though. That would seriously surprise me.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:45 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
That's quite the jump in logic there WS. Things are not black and White, grey does exist.
What would you say about a team that leads 3-0 in series and lose 4-3? That they were unlucky? Tell me you would not have used "suck" in your description of that team....

Yes grey does in fact exist. Not on this board and especially not when it's about the Bruins.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:46 PM
Nedved

former bull, nets it for the 2-0 lead.

game. over.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:46 PM
DenverHabsFan

This has always been my favorite thread but the Bruins love is really getting disgusting. You guys should post on their PGT instead.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:48 PM
Habs_Apostle

Didn't expect this with Detroit and Chicago. Just never know...

Old
05-23-2013, 10:49 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Poor Crawford. He's played very well this series but isn't getting the goal support.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:50 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

John Toews and Pat Kane are absolutely invisible against Detroit...a few weeks back people were caomplaining about MVP votes...well both look like they are on vacation already.

I know Howard has played well but Chicago looks far from a cup contender, especially when Mike Handzus is playing key minutes at the end of the game.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:51 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Well technically speaking, they did lose it. They no longer had the lead when the other team tied it.

I agree that you live you learn. It's a saying that I fully agree and often mention. Going through the cup run, and going through a complete choke losing a 3-0 series lead to Philly, certainly have gave them the experience to really know that winning a PO series is very difficult and anything can happen, so never ever quit.
That being said, I don't think they had any business going to 7 games versus Toronto. They played with fire.

There's no way I see them lose to the Rangers though. That would seriously surprise me.
Fine. Point was that Boston with no experience in winning would have crumbled hard and lose it. Or would not have comeback from a 4-1 deficit in the third? Should they have finished this earlier? Surely. Yet, only the end-result matters. Especially an end-result that you control. They were trailing in the 3rd, took charge of the game and indeed played fire. I mean, at one point, we could even say that the Leafs lost the game way more than the Bruins won it....but if they don't come back hard, shoot at the net and aren't proactive, they don't win.

Hey, everything is possible. I don't see the Rangers coming back. It is about the Bruins...but it is also about the Rangers, a point I also made that doesn't seem to be taken into consideration...Who in here thinks the Rangers are a force to be reckon with now? They suddenly found their offense? Anyway, I don't want to see the Bruins lose this series. I want them to lose their 1st rounder and THEN be beaten in 4 by Pittsburgh. I think they will be a hard customer for the Penguins...but I hope they aren't.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:52 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Joe Thornton been on the ice for 17 goals for, and only 1 goal against these PO's. Did i see that stat correctly O_O

Old
05-23-2013, 10:53 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I'm really enjoying the new Milan Lucic. He is not the meathead he used to be in my eyes. Even listening to his interviews he is much more relaxed and articulate, surprising.

I'm wondering if having a kid has changed his view on life and mentality towards how he acts and plays the game. Either way, he's a beast and appears to be a pretty decent human being now!
I noticed this too, Lucic isn't as hate-able if he acts like he has this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
John Toews and Pat Kane are absolutely invisible against Detroit...a few weeks back people were caomplaining about MVP votes...well both look like they are on vacation already.

I know Howard has played well but Chicago looks far from a cup contender, especially when Mike Handzus is playing key minutes at the end of the game.
The Wings are underrated...Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Kronwall/Howard are playing unreal and their core knows what it takes to win just as much as the Hawks. Also, I'm calling it now, that Nyquist fellow is going to be a big pain next season.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 05-23-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old
05-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
This has always been my favorite thread but the Bruins love is really getting disgusting. You guys should post on their PGT instead.
We'll pray they will lose against the Pens. Everybody in here wants to see that happening. Yet, some are also able to discuss what good things they are doing. But in the end, nobody wants to see another cup for them.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:55 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
Joe Thornton been on the ice for 17 goals for, and only 1 goal against these PO's. Did i see that stat correctly O_O
I saw that as well. Very impressive. It's amazing this series is tied 2-2. The Sharks have been impressive imo in this series. Would like to see them win a cup considering they've pretty damn good the last few years. Would be shame if the window closes for them without ever winning a championship.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:57 PM
Andy

Boyle's got a nice salt n' pepper beard going on there.

Old
05-23-2013, 11:01 PM
Teufelsdreck

Enhanced gate receipts for the Jacobs brothers.

Now a road win for the Rangers would seed some anxiety in Boston.

Where's the Blackhawks' hegemony? It could vanish if they don't sweep the next three. Toews really lost his cool. Three penalties in one period? Seriously?

Old
05-23-2013, 11:04 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
I saw that as well. Very impressive. It's amazing this series is tied 2-2. The Sharks have been impressive imo in this series. Would like to see them win a cup considering they've pretty damn good the last few years. Would be shame if the window closes for them without ever winning a championship.
totally feel the same. Always been a fan of Joe too, especially since he's been shipped out of BOS. would like him to win a cup in his career, he deserves it.

Gomez too +

Last edited by uiCk: 05-23-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Old
05-23-2013, 11:05 PM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
We'll pray they will lose against the Pens. Everybody in here wants to see that happening. Yet, some are also able to discuss what good things they are doing. But in the end, nobody wants to see another cup for them.
I don't know. Some posters sound like they wish the Habs would emulate their thuggery. Anyway, at this point, a true Habs fan should be rooting for the Pens as they are the only force capable of stopping the Bruins.

Old
05-23-2013, 11:08 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I don't know. Some posters sound like they wish the Habs would emulate their thuggery. Anyway, at this point, a true Habs fan should be rooting for the Pens as they are the only force capable of stopping the Bruins.
Well in the end, I hope we would emulate their mix. I'm personnally totally AGAINST getting goons for the sake of getting goons. I want tough players who can play hockey. Just like they have.

So the idea is to get a better mix....but it's one thing to wish you'd be somewhat build like them, it's another thing to wish they'd win. I do it right now but the sake of seeing them lose a 1st round pick..they have enough talent in that team and upcoming, that a strong 2013 draft...they don't need another pick in the 1st, a pick that would on top of that be before us. I would have the feeling that they'd pick a player we'd want. So let them win their Rangers series...but against the Pens...they have to be out. And real quick would be better.

Old
05-23-2013, 11:14 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Enhanced gate receipts for the Jacobs brothers.

Now a road win for the Rangers would seed some anxiety in Boston.

Where's the Blackhawks' hegemony? It could vanish if they don't sweep the next three. Toews really lost his cool. Three penalties in one period? Seriously?
suck to see chicago on their way to probably lose the series as: i don't like detroit, and 2: i made a bet 2 years ago that they wouldn't make the playoffs this year. i lost by one teeny tiny point

on the other hand, it's nice to finally see an end to the "jonathan toews is god" **********. zetterberg is schooling him. hard.

Quote:
while i certainly don't wish the habs would emulate their thuggery, they are an exciting team to watch in the playoffs and hate them or not, i still respect them as rivals so i have no problem cheering for them over the rangers. and i am so indifferent toward the rangers, it's bordering on hate. i hate torts, as a coach, earthling, you name it. oh, and sather is an idiot that once again needs a lesson in "how to build a team". hint: UFAs aren't pokemon...

Closed Thread