HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Brad Richards Done As A NYR?

Old
05-23-2013, 10:59 PM
Liferleafer
Bob's assclown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by egd27 View Post
Might not want to be too smug as you suggest trading for Richard's contract.
It's not the contract so much as the man's track record. Sather has made a carreer of these type of aquisitions as the Rangers GM. Redden....Gomez....Richards...all big balls bad moves by the guru of GM's.

Also, the only way i deal for Richards is if a bad contract goes back as well.

Seriously, how can you defend the guy? If Richards is bought out.....how happy are the owners after paying for both Redden and Richards buyouts?

Liferleafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:23 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingschennzy View Post
Flyers call dibs on B-Rad at 1 year 5 million.

We get a center who is younger, better than briere, and really pissed off at the rangers for a year before we lock up G, Schenn, and Coots.

Side Note: Richards will be forced to wear #18 so that jerseys can come back into style
He can't hurt the NYR anymore playing against them than he has playing for them

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:26 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
Legit number 1 center for most of his career, Playoff MVP, Cup winner.....how is he a total bust again? He's been playing like Crap for NYR, but calling him a Bust is saying he never has nor ever will reach his potential....Its pretty clear that he hit his potential and when he was in his prime was one of the best centers in the league.

Sorry for nitpicking.
No calling him a bust clearly is in reference to failing miserably to live up to even a league vet minimum contract this year

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:32 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
That's great except Richards isn't a #1 center anymore.
Hell be playing along side 1 or 2 point per game wingers, all he needs to do is win a faceoff and be able to tip a puck in from a Kessels pass (something Bozak wasnt able to do) and hell be fine.

The Podium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:38 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Seriously, how can you defend the guy? If Richards is bought out.....how happy are the owners after paying for both Redden and Richards buyouts?
And the Drury buyout.

But seriously? As a Rangers fan familiar with the team, the Rangers owner doesn't give a damn about the money spent on these buyouts. The organization is still making money hand over fist.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:39 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
Hell be playing along side 1 or 2 point per game wingers, all he needs to do is win a faceoff and be able to tip a puck in from a Kessels pass (something Bozak wasnt able to do) and hell be fine.
Richards problem this season and last has been footspeed. And this season, it's been reaction time on top of that.

I don't see how he's going to tip pucks in from Kessel when he reaction time is way down. Besides, tip ins are not his game anyway, so unless he reinvents himself, that won't happen.

Old
05-24-2013, 12:37 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Richards problem this season and last has been footspeed. And this season, it's been reaction time on top of that.

I don't see how he's going to tip pucks in from Kessel when he reaction time is way down. Besides, tip ins are not his game anyway, so unless he reinvents himself, that won't happen.
If he can get the puck to Kessel or Lupul/JVR whoever the other guy is he will be fine

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 12:38 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
If he can get the puck to Kessel or Lupul/JVR whoever the other guy is he will be fine
So we said about him and Marian Gaborik. And so we said about him and Rick Nash.

I don't believe it's going to happen that way.

Old
05-24-2013, 12:50 AM
apice3*

Can someone explain to me how he has a negative cap hit if bought out (non-amnesty)?

Source: http://www.capgeek.com/buyout-calcul...06&buyout_d=15

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 12:53 AM
Veritas0Aequitas

Don't people remember him saying he doesn't want to be far away from home aka PEI? He won't play in the West. He's going to stay in the East and I could see him going somewhere like Toronto.

Veritas0Aequitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 04:11 AM
RD616

Grabovski for Richards!

RD616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 04:49 AM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Can someone explain to me how he has a negative cap hit if bought out (non-amnesty)?

Source: http://www.capgeek.com/buyout-calcul...06&buyout_d=15
If you salary is more then your caphit for the season you bought out your cahit will actually be negative. Now if your salary is lower then the caphit for a season it will be way more then the average payout.

Basically if the Ranger bought out Richard now they would owe him 1.7M for the next 14 seasons(2/3 of his remaining salary) but in terms of the actual caphit dinged against the Rangers assuming they didn't use amnesty they would take his

Buyout rate(1.7) - ((salary for the Season) - (caphit for season))

So using this season

9M(salary for season) - 6.7M(caphit for season) = 2.3M

1.7M - 2.3M = -600k

Using a Season he gets 1M dollars

1M(salary for season) - 6.7M(caphit for season) = -5.7M

1.7M - (-5.7M) = 7.4M

As an Islanders fan I know full well how this works since the buyout for Yashin cost like 2.2M for 8 Seasons but in terms of actual caphit we had one season that although the Islanders were paying him 2.2M in the buyout it counted towards 4.7M of the caphit and they used that extra 2.5M to get over the cap since that season his actual salary was lower then the potential caphit he would have given us.

Last edited by boredmale: 05-24-2013 at 04:56 AM.
boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 05:06 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
Legit number 1 center for most of his career, Playoff MVP, Cup winner.....how is he a total bust again? He's been playing like Crap for NYR, but calling him a Bust is saying he never has nor ever will reach his potential....Its pretty clear that he hit his potential and when he was in his prime was one of the best centers in the league.

Sorry for nitpicking.
I;ll revise my remarks:

He's a total bust NOW. Better?

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 07:35 AM
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Why did Richards play so well for Torts in Tampa but not in New York?
How old was Richards in Tampa? He was never the faster skater. Now he is 33. His foot speed is a major issue.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 07:39 AM
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
I don't think he will be bought out. There is simply too large a sum of cash remaining on that contract.

I could see him being traded to a team like Calgary who desperately needs a Top 6 C.
$24M over 14 years is not a lot of money.

Trade still leaves the Rangers on the hook for a possible cap recapture penalty.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 08:03 AM
Deuce Awesome

I can't see him on the first line in TO.

I mean sure its tempting, a former first line center available for nothing but MLSE's money, but how on earth does he help our first line? Kessel's strength is his foot speed. Lupul is no slouch himself. Throw Richards in between the two of them and it will just be off sides all game. Either that or waiting for him to catch up leading to turn overs.

Reminds me of Jason Allison during his short time here.

Deuce Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:09 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
$24M over 14 years is not a lot of money.

Trade still leaves the Rangers on the hook for a possible cap recapture penalty.
Yeah, but 24 million in buyout + 24 million in salary for 2 years of NHL service is terrible money management.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:57 AM
Steve Yzerman
A New Season Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
For that kind of money I would'nt be surprised if he does'nt go back to Tampa Bay that would be sweet at one time before he signed his long term contract with the Rangers. He did say that he would'nt have minded finishing his career where it all began in Tampa Bay, And he and Vinny LeCavalier have been friends since they were both 14 years old. I think that Yzerman will buyout both Malone and Brewer and maybe Ohlund will have to take an forced retirement That by itself would clear close to $10 million in cap.
Brewer is not getting bought out with their current defence and Ohlund will be put on LTIR.

Steve Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 01:55 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Awesome View Post
I can't see him on the first line in TO.

I mean sure its tempting, a former first line center available for nothing but MLSE's money, but how on earth does he help our first line? Kessel's strength is his foot speed. Lupul is no slouch himself. Throw Richards in between the two of them and it will just be off sides all game. Either that or waiting for him to catch up leading to turn overs.

Reminds me of Jason Allison during his short time here.

I said before if he signed all he'd have to do is pass the puck. If Kessel can be a ppg guy the last 2 years with Bozak what could he do with Richards? the thought is scary.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior4321 View Post
Brewer is not getting bought out with their current defence and Ohlund will be put on LTIR.
Yeah i think it's just wishful thinking on some Lightning fans part to either buyout or trade Brewer but i agree it's not going to happen.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 03:19 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Put him back on a team with a good PP and suddenly he'll get his 30 odd PP points back and be back to a PPG. The truth is he's in a slump now, but before in the year, when he was "meh", if you add the PP points he doesn't have here, he would producing at his career norm.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote