HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

UFAs, trades, and potential buyouts this summer

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-26-2013, 09:32 PM
  #251
StefanW
Get well, Bryan
 
StefanW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,256
vCash: 50
I really wish the idea of trading Michalek would be put to rest. After spending most of this past season injured his value has never been lower. He is one of the few guys on our team who will go hard at the net with the puck, and he will pick up goals next year. Considering what we would probably get for him right now we are far better of using him next year and letting him walk after that if the injury to his knee is to the point where he just can't do it anymore.

StefanW is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 09:40 PM
  #252
Nizzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
That would be sweet.

Have we seen something like this since the Yashin trade though? I assume Spezza would have to be going the other way.

I do it sell Spezza Stamkos combo

Ottawa drafts nathan mackinnon


LETS GO murray

Nizzy is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 10:58 PM
  #253
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 27,919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobby View Post
Top on my list:
Ryane Clowe
Derek Roy
Patrick Elias
Simon Gagne
No way is Patrick Elias available and if he is that's like getting a top line forward for free. Man I am an absolute enormous fan of his and his experience and talents would be unfrikinbelievable.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 11:15 PM
  #254
Carrie Underwood
Registered User
 
Carrie Underwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,293
vCash: 905
Have to build Michaleks value you up again. We can trade him next deadline. I really really really want drouin or domi but that aint going to happen is it....?

Carrie Underwood is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 11:33 PM
  #255
HSF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,667
vCash: 500
Why trade Michalek? With skilled players he is good

HSF is offline  
Old
05-26-2013, 11:36 PM
  #256
Shanny
Let's Win It All
 
Shanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bytown
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,476
vCash: 500
Just go get Bobby Ryan...

Shanny is online now  
Old
05-26-2013, 11:40 PM
  #257
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free
 
Nac Mac Feegle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,737
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie Underwood View Post
Have to build Michaleks value you up again. We can trade him next deadline. I really really really want drouin or domi but that aint going to happen is it....?
I would love to see the reaction from Leafs Nation if we drafted Domi.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 12:16 AM
  #258
Sensinitis
Registered User
 
Sensinitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,733
vCash: 500
With Spezza-Turris-Zibby-Pageau-Smith down the middle and potentially Da Costa(seems I'm forgetting someone else too), you gotta think one of our centers will be traded now or down the line. Or we could be like Boston and convert some of them to the wing.

Sensinitis is online now  
Old
05-27-2013, 06:06 AM
  #259
Dr.Sens(e)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 6,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanW View Post
I really wish the idea of trading Michalek would be put to rest. After spending most of this past season injured his value has never been lower. He is one of the few guys on our team who will go hard at the net with the puck, and he will pick up goals next year. Considering what we would probably get for him right now we are far better of using him next year and letting him walk after that if the injury to his knee is to the point where he just can't do it anymore.
Exactly. Not to mention, we need at least one more scoring winger, not one less. Silfverberg is the only other candidate to perhaps push 25-30 goals next year. We have a real void of scoring wingers right now, although there is obviously potential in the pipeline.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 07:01 AM
  #260
Nizzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,175
vCash: 500
Trade Michelak ..He has no value and he has no knees

Why would Ana trade Ryan ..5 million a year is cheap

Only thing Murray can do is wait till are prospects grow ..So get comfortable this going to take some time

Nizzy is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 07:12 AM
  #261
Deku Scrub
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Deku Scrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,251
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzy View Post
Trade Michelak ..He has no value and he has no knees

Why would Ana trade Ryan ..5 million a year is cheap

Only thing Murray can do is wait till are prospects grow ..So get comfortable this going to take some time
Why would we trade Milo if he has no value? Might as well hold onto him if he won't get much back, he scored 35 goals in a season not too long ago.

Deku Scrub is online now  
Old
05-27-2013, 07:14 AM
  #262
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 22,373
vCash: 500
We should just trade for Tavares, TJ Oshie, Andrew Ladd, Ryan Suter, and Ekman-Larsson.

Rebuild over.

BonkTastic is online now  
Old
05-27-2013, 07:30 AM
  #263
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie Underwood View Post
Have to build Michaleks value you up again. We can trade him next deadline. I really really really want drouin or domi but that aint going to happen is it....?
Maybe Domi. I can see him fall.

BK201 is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 07:42 AM
  #264
John Holmes*
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
Exactly. Not to mention, we need at least one more scoring winger, not one less. Silfverberg is the only other candidate to perhaps push 25-30 goals next year. We have a real void of scoring wingers right now, although there is obviously potential in the pipeline.
Infvisiblerg has a long way to go to be a consistant scorer in the NHL.

John Holmes* is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 07:47 AM
  #265
Mrkus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
I'd like to see who will be stepping up and taking the captains "C" either next season or the season after.

Mrkus is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 08:06 AM
  #266
Dr.Sens(e)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 6,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
Infvisiblerg has a long way to go to be a consistant scorer in the NHL.
If by consistent scorer, you mean a 35 goal guy, yeah, he still has some way to go. But I clearly see the potential for him to be a consisent 30+ goal guy. Don't you?

I'd be surprised if he wasn't in the 25 goal range next year. As a rookie he scored the same # of goals as Alfie did, where as Alfie saw more 1st unit power play time. He was on pace for 17 or so this year, and that was after scoring only 3 goals in his first 24 NHL games. He's still figuring out the best time to use his shot, but I like his skills, shot and effort level. I also thought he was a lot stronger on the puck in the 2nd half, and started to show how he could come out of the corner and get his shot off. I thought he was good against Montreal, but struggled a bit against Pitt, like everyone else. But we didn't have the puck too often, so I hardly blame a rookie winger who was still playing in his first season in North America.

Like it or not, he's our 2nd best scoring winger and our best one has a wonky knee. Obviously a weakness at this point, but the reality is guys like Silfverberg, Stone, Conacher and Zibanejad will get lots of opportunities next year. Hoffman too.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 08:50 AM
  #267
Senateurs
Let's win it all
 
Senateurs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,783
vCash: 500
You know Murray will be looking at Dustin Penner.

I would not mind it. Either Horton or Penner. Size, offence and some very needed cup/playoff experience.

As for Michalek, I think some poster make a good point when saying his value has never been so low. We may get more for him at the deadline than at the draft. But if we can move 3-5 spot at the draft, I'd do it.

Senateurs is online now  
Old
05-27-2013, 09:12 AM
  #268
Iamok
#Panic
 
Iamok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,882
vCash: 500
Trade Michalek for 3-5 spots in the draft? I'm assuming I read that wrong.

Iamok is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 09:22 AM
  #269
tony d
Whatareyousmiling at
 
tony d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Behind A Tree
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,211
vCash: 500
Let's get Bobby Ryan through trade and Derek Roy in free agency. We do that and I'll be 1 happy Sens fan.

__________________
tony d is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 09:23 AM
  #270
Rhino Reilly
That D Biz
 
Rhino Reilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 15,425
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Trade Michalek for 3-5 spots in the draft? I'm assuming I read that wrong.
I, too am hoping that is a mistake lol.

Rhino Reilly is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 09:24 AM
  #271
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,750
vCash: 500
Somethings gonna change but I doubt it's 9MM.

Like I keep saying because of our cheap NHL ready prospects and low Salary hit right now we're gonna get someone for sure.

I think we're a team in a great position to really make something happen. Juat can't read what they plan to do. We gave a lot of good peices but the price we need is tough to get.

BTW are playoffs now divisional next year?

BK201 is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 09:30 AM
  #272
Stonewall
Registered User
 
Stonewall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Somethings gonna change but I doubt it's 9MM.

Like I keep saying because of our cheap NHL ready prospects and low Salary hit right now we're gonna get someone for sure.

I think we're a team in a great position to really make something happen. Juat can't read what they plan to do. We gave a lot of good peices but the price we need is tough to get.

BTW are playoffs now divisional next year?
I think it's top three teams from each division make the playoffs but the 4th team can be from either division.

So basically yes, which is sort of bittersweet imo.

Stonewall is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 09:39 AM
  #273
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
I think it's top three teams from each division make the playoffs but the 4th team can be from either division.

So basically yes, which is sort of bittersweet imo.
That's stupid it's even worse that we have 8 in our while others have 7.

We'll need to make a big splash or we actually might not make it.

BK201 is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 09:43 AM
  #274
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.
 
Wondercarrot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,411
vCash: 500
Id give up just about anything to get Mackinnon.
Everytime i watch clips of him play im stunned by his speed.

I didnt understand why TC didnt play him more at the WJC. everytime he got the puck it felt like something could happen.
anyway - not happening but holy christ is he fast, and it appears his hands and brains are fast enough to keep up.

At risk of being labelled a crazy person and keeping in mind im a guy with history of being adamantly opposed to trading either Spezza or Cowen for almost anything - i think id trade them both for Mackinnon.

Does this make me a bad person? lol

Wondercarrot is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 09:49 AM
  #275
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
Id give up just about anything to get Mackinnon.
Everytime i watch clips of him play im stunned by his speed.

I didnt understand why TC didnt play him more at the WJC. everytime he got the puck it felt like something could happen.
anyway - not happening but holy christ is he fast, and it appears his hands and brains are fast enough to keep up.

At risk of being labelled a crazy person and keeping in mind im a guy with history of being adamantly opposed to trading either Spezza or Cowen for almost anything - i think id trade them both for Mackinnon.

Does this make me a bad person? lol
Yes

BK201 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.