HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

UFAs, trades, and potential buyouts this summer

Closed Thread

Old
05-28-2013, 06:10 PM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

vCash: 500
Could Wikstrand come to North America next year to play with Bingo?

Old
05-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbrow View Post
Could Wikstrand come to North America next year to play with Bingo?
He just signed to play in the Allsvenskan for another year

Old
05-28-2013, 06:24 PM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
You know you live in Montreal when...
Hehe, well, yes that does influence my preferences but those two could definitely round out our top-6 without losing any of our rookies. I think Danny still has enough gas left in the tank to provide some much needed offense and Dupuis is a no-brainer. He's incredible at complimenting other players and I could see him move back and forth between the top 2 lines(Granted, mostly on the 2nd). They'd be around just long enough to help complete the transition between the old and the new(I'd give Dupuis a two or three year contract).

Just my two cents.

Old
05-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Briere, if he gets amnestied.

Sign him to a 3-3.5 deal over 2 years

Danny is a great leader, a playoff warrior( a Pens killer as well ), a local boy and JGP's idol and mentor to boot. He'd give us a legit 3 lines of scoring threats and would only cost us cap space....with Latendresse, Lundin, Regin all off the books as well, his cap hit would be less then what those guys would be making combined.

Roll with this come fall:

Conacher-Spezza-Michalek
Silfverberg-Turris-Alfie
Zibanejad-Pageau-Briere
Greening-Smith-Neil
Condra/Kassian/Hoffman

Old
05-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonthaveaCOWEN View Post
He's grittier than Softverberg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senateurs View Post

Silf is not soft all. He's kinda small but grinds it out in the corners and cycling the puck...almost to a fault in my opinion. I think most of us can agree he is not a slow skater but a slow accelerator and I think his endurance could certainly be improved. He has a superstar calibre shot and release, but had trouble getting open and to spots to get it off. I don't know if I'm the only one, but I think he needs to do less corner work (let Zibby do that) and get to open ice so he can get that shot off more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
wot. Silfverberg is not soft at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Agreed.

It's also fairly inaccurate. Silf doesn't throw big hits around the rink, but he's not soft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Really reachin for nickname insults ehh? That sounds turrible.
Maybe when he said soft, he was referring to his eyes?

Dreamy.

Old
05-28-2013, 08:41 PM
TrueGrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
Briere, if he gets amnestied.

Sign him to a 3-3.5 deal over 2 years

Danny is a great leader, a playoff warrior( a Pens killer as well ), a local boy and JGP's idol and mentor to boot. He'd give us a legit 3 lines of scoring threats and would only cost us cap space....with Latendresse, Lundin, Regin all off the books as well, his cap hit would be less then what those guys would be making combined.

Roll with this come fall:

Conacher-Spezza-Michalek
Silfverberg-Turris-Alfie
Zibanejad-Pageau-Briere
Greening-Smith-Neil
Condra/Kassian/Hoffman
Briere doesn't produce from the wing, sure he can play it, but his production takes a major dive.

It's somewhat astounding how poorly he does on the wing compared to centre.

EDIT: ^Qward, who is #21 in your sig? Filatov?

Last edited by TrueGrit: 05-28-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old
05-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueGrit View Post

EDIT: ^Qward, who is #21 in your sig? Filatov?
Smolinski.

Old
05-28-2013, 09:09 PM
TrueGrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Smolinski.
I was thrown off by the heritage jersey, must be Leclaire beside him.

Old
05-28-2013, 09:19 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
The only UFA's i would consider signing are Horton, Dupuis(only if 2 year contract), Raymond, Stalberg, Bickell, and Brunner.

Old
05-28-2013, 09:27 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
If Dupuis is available he goes at the top of my list from free agency wants.

He plays all situations, gives his best every shift etc...

Highly doubt he will be available though.

I agree with Benny for the most part though, that's my list too. Raymond would add some much needed speed, I've always found him to be an underrated player especially for someone who gives his best and doesn't have that bad of hands.

Raymond>>>>>>>>Lats.

Old
05-28-2013, 09:32 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

- Alfredsson has earned the right to decide what he wants to do & should come to the decision over the summer to play for one more yr.

- Gonchar has had a good run but it's time to move on from him, he is clearly to slow for the NHL. He wants a two yr contract like Kuba which I would think Murray doesn't want to give but someone else might, let them.

- if they decide to sign Benoit it will be as an extra defenceman which will keep Boroweicki in Bingo with Ceci.

- I like to see Murray pursue Tomas Fleischmann LW in Florida for Condra & Conacher, maybe throw in Claesson if needed. Fleichmann is a proven NHL scorer who could fit into Maclean's system & Spezza's wing.

- Robinson is a guy who could be called up to give the Sens a bigger look in games when Alfredsson takes a night off.

Fleischmann - Spezza - Stone
Michalek - Turris - Alfredsson (Robinson)
Greening - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Z. Smith - Grant - Neil/Kassian

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Gryba
Wiercioch - Phillips/Benoit
Boroweicki -Ceci

Anderson - Lehner

Old
05-28-2013, 09:34 PM
notdave

Keep Condra, please.

We need to build a shutdown line, and he's a very key component.

Old
05-28-2013, 09:38 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdave View Post
Keep Condra, please.

We need to build a shutdown line, and he's a very key component.
Condra isn't strong enough & doesn't score enough IMO. I would rather have the bigger & IMO more skilled Grant in the lineup who led the AHL in short handed goals to take over Condra's responsibilities on the PK.

Old
05-28-2013, 09:39 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

L M A O.

Buddy Robinson in the top 6 next year. Stone first line RW. PAGEAU missing. CONDRA missing.

I was beginning to miss aragon's tactics, not much so anymore.

Old
05-28-2013, 09:42 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
L M A O.

Buddy Robinson in the top 6 next year. Stone first line RW. PAGEAU missing. CONDRA missing.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

That was funny.

Man.. Buddy Robinson.. Haha.

Old
05-28-2013, 09:47 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
L M A O.

Read much? I said Robinson would be a call up & it was Maclean who said they thought Stone could be a good winger for Spezza. He has played with him a couple of times now in the playoffs. I traded Condra in a package for Fleischmann who IMO is the better player & I've replaced him with Grant. Pageau I would send back to Bingo. This is what I would do, I'm not a big fan of either Conacher or Condra.

Old
05-28-2013, 09:57 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Read much? I said Robinson would be a call up & it was Maclean who said they thought Stone could be a good winger for Spezza. He has played with him a couple of times now in the playoffs. I traded Condra in a package for Fleischmann who IMO is the better player & I've replaced him with Grant. Pageau I would send back to Bingo. This is what I would do, I'm not a big fan of either Conacher or Condra.
Of course you would send down and trade our most consistent players in Pageau and Condra.

Grant when he was called up looked unbelievably lost. He is no position to contribute what Condra already does for us. Try taking KASSIAN out of your lineup and putting Grant.

Why Buddy Robinson getting games instead of Hoffman who Murray said could push for a spot? What about Prince who had a terrific year? Noesen has a better shot than Buddy. Funny how he's inserted immediately into a top 6 role probably cause he's the biggest forward in our ranks now.

Yea they thought Stone could be a good winger for Spezza cause everyone else was injured at the time.

I like the Fleishmann idea, I'll give you that.

Old
05-28-2013, 10:16 PM
Euclid
Futbol Fan

Fleischmann will not be available for Condra + Conacher + random throw-ins like Claesson.

His value is likely around Michalek's, maybe slightly less.

Derek Grant absolutely will not replace Erik Condra's penalty killing. He will not score half as many SHG against NHL teams as he did in the AHL, nor will he be as effective. Also, why replace Pageau with Grant? Pageau was brilliant in the playoffs and is very responsible defensively. If any young player could replace Condra's penalty killing contributions, it's Pageau.

Old
05-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Senateurs
No rispek!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Maybe when he said soft, he was referring to his eyes?
I never thought a little joke would ruffle so many feathers. Lot's of sensitivity around here.

Old
05-28-2013, 10:32 PM
MtRundle
Shawville Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senateurs View Post
I never thought a little joke would ruffle so many feathers. Lot's of sensitivity around here.
He did seem unable to hold on to the puck on one on one battles, mostly because he lost his extra gear in the playoffs (if he has one).

Old
05-28-2013, 10:38 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Of course you would and of course you aren't.

Oh Strider, never change

Old
05-28-2013, 10:58 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Of course you would send down and trade our most consistent players in Pageau and Condra.

Grant when he was called up looked unbelievably lost. He is no position to contribute what Condra already does for us. Try taking KASSIAN out of your lineup and putting Grant.

Why Buddy Robinson getting games instead of Hoffman who Murray said could push for a spot? What about Prince who had a terrific year? Noesen has a better shot than Buddy. Funny how he's inserted immediately into a top 6 role probably cause he's the biggest forward in our ranks now.

Yea they thought Stone could be a good winger for Spezza cause everyone else was injured at the time.

I like the Fleishmann idea, I'll give you that.
Who was injured? MacLean did say that this organization has felt for a while that Stone could be a good linemate for Spezza. Then he proceeded to say that Spezza being injured most of this year prevented them from trying that combination.

Old
05-28-2013, 11:00 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Why would you send Pageau back? He was easily one of our best players in the playoffs and should only improve as he gains strength.

Old
05-28-2013, 11:04 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
L M A O.

What's wrong with that? People were penciling Silfverberg in that spot prior to this season and very few posters had problems with that. How is this any different?

Old
05-28-2013, 11:05 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Why would you send Pageau back? He was easily one of our best players in the playoffs and should only improve as he gains strength.
Surprised by this, bruiser. I thought you would agree with Strider that Robinson >>> Pageau based on size and hitting alone.

Closed Thread