HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, NHL revenues, relocation and expansion.

New Jerseys - Other Leagues 2013-14

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-27-2013, 03:51 PM
  #26
Oscar Acosta
Registered User
 
Oscar Acosta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,984
vCash: 1083
Why wouldn't they just call themselves the Prince Edward Islanders?

Oscar Acosta is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 03:56 PM
  #27
IceAce
RAISED IN A BARN
 
IceAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 4,345
vCash: 4500
Not to mention that new logo is abysmal

IceAce is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 04:49 PM
  #28
Brodie
pretty on fleek
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Michigan
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 13,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
Why wouldn't they just call themselves the Prince Edward Islanders?
City provided financial aid to team and this was a condition

Brodie is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 04:59 PM
  #29
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,129
vCash: 500
Some new CHL ones:

Lethbridge Hurricanes (apparently the Capitals felt the old ones were too similar)



Prince Albert Raiders

DKQ is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 05:17 PM
  #30
Killion
Global Moderator
 
Killion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Casablanca
Country: Morocco
Posts: 25,212
vCash: 500
^^^ Wow. Those Prince Albert Raiders jerseys are unusual. Great looking logo, nice colours. Interesting.

Killion is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 05:47 PM
  #31
AdmiralsFan24
Registered User
 
AdmiralsFan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 6,365
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Those Prince Albert ones are fantastic. Green and black is such an underrated color scheme.

And on the Charlottetown one. The logo is awful I agree but I like the color scheme.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 06:34 PM
  #32
DelpoRafaKilla
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 55
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post


New Logo and name.
Uuuggghhh. What an awful logo. Hope that was done for free, looks like a dentist office logo.

DelpoRafaKilla is offline  
Old
05-28-2013, 08:31 AM
  #33
IceAce
RAISED IN A BARN
 
IceAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 4,345
vCash: 4500
yeah, it's pretty bad. Very generic, and that washed out Penguins gold color makes it look like a wave of dirty water is coming out at you.

PEI has some very distinguishing features. Namely a bright red soil. Why not work that into the color scheme with maybe some hue of blue to represent the ocean/maritime heritage? That Penguins/Ducks black and gold scheme is boring and unimaginative.

IceAce is offline  
Old
05-28-2013, 09:15 AM
  #34
Wheathead
Formally a McRib
 
Wheathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,963
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Wheathead
Wouldn't surprise me if the Oilers get an orange WHA style alternate jersey this coming season.

Wheathead is offline  
Old
05-28-2013, 10:47 AM
  #35
calgaryflames
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
Apparently the Flames are dropping their retro third jersey for next season (huge mistake in my eyes) and either bringing in a new third, or getting rid of an alternate all together. No confirmation of anything yet, but I did go to Jersey City in Calgary and the retro thirds were on sale. However, when I asked the guy working if the team was getting rid of those hence the sale, he told me no they just had too much stock. I just think he didn't know the so he gave me the obvious answer I was hoping they would keep those retro thirds as a permanent home and bring out the same style in the white for their away set. I don't really like the Flames jerseys as they are now, especially with the shoulder patches/flags.


Last edited by calgaryflames: 05-28-2013 at 10:54 AM.
calgaryflames is online now  
Old
05-28-2013, 11:01 AM
  #36
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 36,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryflames View Post
Apparently the Flames are dropping their retro third jersey for next season (huge mistake in my eyes) and either bringing in a new third, or getting rid of an alternate all together. No confirmation of anything yet, but I did go to Jersey City in Calgary and the retro thirds were on sale. However, when I asked the guy working if the team was getting rid of those hence the sale, he told me no they just had too much stock. I just think he didn't know the so he gave me the obvious answer I was hoping they would keep those retro thirds as a permanent home and bring out the same style in the white for their away set. I don't really like the Flames jerseys as they are now, especially with the shoulder patches/flags.
Wait, are you saying that your only source for this is that a store clerk told you they were on sale due to overstock, and you didn't believe him? Or is there some other actual news source for this?

If they're dropping those alternates, they're making a huge mistake IMO.

tarheelhockey is online now  
Old
05-28-2013, 11:17 AM
  #37
Brodie
pretty on fleek
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Michigan
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 13,322
vCash: 500
I think this was confirmed at some point, but I can't recall where I read it. Probably icethetics

Brodie is offline  
Old
05-28-2013, 11:19 AM
  #38
calgaryflames
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Wait, are you saying that your only source for this is that a store clerk told you they were on sale due to overstock, and you didn't believe him? Or is there some other actual news source for this?

If they're dropping those alternates, they're making a huge mistake IMO.
Let me clarify. http://www.icethetics.info/ stated that their reebok source is saying the flames are considering either new thirds or no thirds at all for next season. there has been no confirmation from the team itself in regards to this. me going in to the store 3 or so months back to notice the alternates were all on sale in my eyes is confirming that they are getting rid of them. the store clerk didn't know and gave me the obvious answer and said that they were only on sale due to overstock, but I think otherwise. but yes, the team is def making a huge mistake if getting rid of those. other board members from various boards seem to think they are making the alternate their permanent home, and getting rid of a third jersey all together, but nobody knows anything for sure yet.

calgaryflames is online now  
Old
05-28-2013, 11:21 AM
  #39
Brodie
pretty on fleek
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Michigan
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 13,322
vCash: 500
Yep: http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013...atch-2013.html

Brodie is offline  
Old
05-28-2013, 11:24 AM
  #40
IceAce
RAISED IN A BARN
 
IceAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 4,345
vCash: 4500
The Flames need to switch to those retro thirds full time and add a similar road jersey.

Flames are at the top of the list of teams who need to lose the color black. Followed shortly behind by the Ducks. IMO if the Ducks swapped out their black for a dark, hunter green, they'd look amazing.


Last edited by IceAce: 05-28-2013 at 11:30 AM.
IceAce is offline  
Old
05-28-2013, 11:32 AM
  #41
calgaryflames
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
The Flames need to switch to those retro thirds full time and add a similar road jersey.

Flames are at the top of the list of teams who need to lose the color black. Followed shortly behind by the Ducks. IMO if the Ducks swapped out their black for a dark, hunter green, they'd look amazing.
ducks need to bring back the Disney logo. and perhaps rework the colour scheme around that logo. im guessing people got sick of the eggplant and teal colourway? also, Disney had got rid of their share in the team so I guess they had to change and rebrand at the time. those were nice jerseys though, and a heck of a lot better than their current ones. I agree that the flames should switch to the retro's full time and also bring back the white version of that same jersey as their away. should take the same steps as the oilers have. gotta love the classic oilers copper/blue. flames should do the same, and perhaps reignite the battle of alberta once again.

calgaryflames is online now  
Old
05-28-2013, 11:34 AM
  #42
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 36,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryflames View Post
Let me clarify. http://www.icethetics.info/ stated that their reebok source is saying the flames are considering either new thirds or no thirds at all for next season. there has been no confirmation from the team itself in regards to this. me going in to the store 3 or so months back to notice the alternates were all on sale in my eyes is confirming that they are getting rid of them. the store clerk didn't know and gave me the obvious answer and said that they were only on sale due to overstock, but I think otherwise. but yes, the team is def making a huge mistake if getting rid of those. other board members from various boards seem to think they are making the alternate their permanent home, and getting rid of a third jersey all together, but nobody knows anything for sure yet.
Thanks for the clarification.

Let's hope they're moving the alternate design to full-time use. Ditching it, after near-universal rave reviews, would be a colossal blunder. It's hard to imagine a good reason for doing that.

tarheelhockey is online now  
Old
05-28-2013, 11:40 AM
  #43
Brodie
pretty on fleek
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Michigan
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 13,322
vCash: 500
I think the Ducks logo was fine, it was the name that was the problem and now that it's gone I don't really care what they do. They need to drop black as their primary though, there's no need for both SoCal teams to use it. I'd like to see them adopt something like powder blue (ala San Diego Chargers throwbacks) and orange.

Brodie is offline  
Old
05-28-2013, 11:43 AM
  #44
calgaryflames
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Thanks for the clarification.

Let's hope they're moving the alternate design to full-time use. Ditching it, after near-universal rave reviews, would be a colossal blunder. It's hard to imagine a good reason for doing that.
actually the franchise isn't the best at making those sort of decisions. ken king is an idiot and most fans despise the man. for example, when they decided to retire mike Vernon's number 30 some years back, they did so and put up a banner in their current red and black colourway. completely wrong because he never wore that jersey. they should have put it up in the classic 80's and early 90's colours. it was only maybe 2 years ago when they took the banner down and decided to hang one up in the proper colours (probably 4 years after initially retiring it). so I wouldn't say the flames organization is the smartest when making these sort of decisions.


Last edited by calgaryflames: 05-28-2013 at 11:55 AM.
calgaryflames is online now  
Old
05-28-2013, 11:46 AM
  #45
pucky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
^^^ Wow. Those Prince Albert Raiders jerseys are unusual. Great looking logo, nice colours. Interesting.
Really? I think the logo is way too large, in proportion with the jersey. Just my opinion, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
The Flames need to switch to those retro thirds full time and add a similar road jersey.

Flames are at the top of the list of teams who need to lose the color black. Followed shortly behind by the Ducks. IMO if the Ducks swapped out their black for a dark, hunter green, they'd look amazing.
I think the Ducks should do something like that but keep the black in the jersey. But, it's an interesting idea to use hunter green. Maybe have a jersey with 'Mallard' Duck colours - closest would be black, hunter green and white. That's what I'd do.

As for the Stars (alleged) logo, I don't like it much. It's okay. It reminds me of a Seattle Mariners logo. Also, I like this better - the green and gold:
http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013....html#comments

I would tweak that a bit and have a 'D' in the star or something instead of 'STARS' in block letters. I just like the star logo in that better than what the new one appears to be now.

pucky is offline  
Old
05-28-2013, 11:55 AM
  #46
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 59,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryflames View Post
ducks need to bring back the Disney logo. and perhaps rework the colour scheme around that logo. im guessing people got sick of the eggplant and teal colourway? also, Disney had got rid of their share in the team so I guess they had to change and rebrand at the time. those were nice jerseys though, and a heck of a lot better than their current ones. I agree that the flames should switch to the retro's full time and also bring back the white version of that same jersey as their away. should take the same steps as the oilers have. gotta love the classic oilers copper/blue. flames should do the same, and perhaps reignite the battle of alberta once again.
Excluding Wild Wing (the mascot), I'm guessing that the cost of licensing the old logo (back) from Disney might be prohibitive.

(One never knows with Disney. Heck, could even be part of the purchase contract that prohibits it. )

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
05-28-2013, 12:05 PM
  #47
cptjeff
[insert joke here]
 
cptjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Washington, DC.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Excluding Wild Wing (the mascot), I'm guessing that the cost of licensing the old logo (back) from Disney might be prohibitive.

(One never knows with Disney. Heck, could even be part of the purchase contract that prohibits it. )
Somebody looked it up when this point was raised in some thread a while ago. The logos are registered with the trademark office as the property of the team, not Disney. They could bring them back at a whim, and in fact, they have, in a limited capacity. Look at the shoulders of their alt.

cptjeff is offline  
Old
05-28-2013, 12:08 PM
  #48
IceCapsFanNL
Registered User
 
IceCapsFanNL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,166
vCash: 500
I like the Lethbridge sweaters with the head on view of the Hawker Hurricane.

IceCapsFanNL is offline  
Old
05-28-2013, 12:12 PM
  #49
NewFound Oiler
Registered User
 
NewFound Oiler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCapsFanNL View Post
I like the Lethbridge sweaters with the head on view of the Hawker Hurricane.
It's easy for us, we have one of the top jersey's in the AHL . Remember when the name was announced, photo's surfaced of the tim hortons ice cap as the logo. Made me laugh quite a bit.

The Raiders jerseys are really nice, the Rocket on the other hand. Looks like the city of Charlottetown's theater program's annual fall play... brutal

NewFound Oiler is offline  
Old
05-28-2013, 12:14 PM
  #50
calgaryflames
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Excluding Wild Wing (the mascot), I'm guessing that the cost of licensing the old logo (back) from Disney might be prohibitive.

(One never knows with Disney. Heck, could even be part of the purchase contract that prohibits it. )
actually, the ducks currently use the logo, but only as a secondary one on their shoulder patch. I assume they only got rid of it because Disney was no longer part of the picture and they decided to go in a diff direction and rebrand. but I believe the team still owns the rights to the logo.


Last edited by calgaryflames: 05-28-2013 at 12:21 PM.
calgaryflames is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.