HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL - Finals, Draft, Firings

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-12-2013, 09:57 PM
  #801
cheesedanish87
Registered User
 
cheesedanish87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 7,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vodeni View Post
krejci kinda grew on me, wouldn't mind seeing him as Penguin
Pens need players like Krejci who can raise there game to another level during the playoffs, only guys who do that for us now are TK and Adams.

cheesedanish87 is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 09:58 PM
  #802
Waffle Fries
Registered User
 
Waffle Fries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesedanish87 View Post
Pens need players like Krejci who can raise there game to another level during the playoffs, only guys who do that for us now are TK and Adams.
Max used to do that.

And how sad is it that what we've recently seen from TK is his game 'raised'

Waffle Fries is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 09:59 PM
  #803
ForzaItalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,888
vCash: 500
Hawks outshot them 31-14 over the last two periods.

ForzaItalia is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 09:59 PM
  #804
KHstrike
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 185
vCash: 500
It's so frustrating to see the Hawks actually DRIVE the net, and get guys to stay in front. Sure enough they get some bounces that go in. Go figure.

God forbid a big guy like Neal do that.

KHstrike is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 10:05 PM
  #805
cheesedanish87
Registered User
 
cheesedanish87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 7,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Fries View Post
Max used to do that.

And how sad is it that what we've recently seen from TK is his game 'raised'
I still like the Staal trade, but Staal was another one of the guys that would come up big during the playoffs.

cheesedanish87 is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 10:08 PM
  #806
Al Smith
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
I don't know; his two-way game kinda went to **** in the 2012 debacle.

Al Smith is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 10:10 PM
  #807
KHstrike
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Smith View Post
I don't know; his two-way game kinda went to **** in the 2012 debacle.
This

KHstrike is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 10:11 PM
  #808
Waffle Fries
Registered User
 
Waffle Fries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesedanish87 View Post
I still like the Staal trade, but Staal was another one of the guys that would come up big during the playoffs.
Yeah, but I don't really think anyone did it as much as Max.

Max's career ppg in the regular season is .30 while his career ppg in the playoffs is .51

Jordan's career regular season ppg is .58 and his playoff ppg is .49

Waffle Fries is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 10:14 PM
  #809
plaidchuck
Registered User
 
plaidchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 5,538
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Fries View Post
Yeah, but I don't really think anyone did it as much as Max.

Max's career ppg in the regular season is .30 while his career ppg in the playoffs is .51

Jordan's career regular season ppg is .58 and his playoff ppg is .49
Yeah but he disappeared the next 2 playoffs but still wanted paid for his game 7 heroics.

plaidchuck is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 10:17 PM
  #810
cheesedanish87
Registered User
 
cheesedanish87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 7,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Fries View Post
Yeah, but I don't really think anyone did it as much as Max.

Max's career ppg in the regular season is .30 while his career ppg in the playoffs is .51

Jordan's career regular season ppg is .58 and his playoff ppg is .49

Wow, im surprised at Staal's numbers, would of never thought that, i know hes scored some big goals, maybe that's why i think of him as a good playoff player.

cheesedanish87 is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 10:18 PM
  #811
Waffle Fries
Registered User
 
Waffle Fries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck View Post
Yeah but he disappeared the next 2 playoffs but still wanted paid for his game 7 heroics.
As pathetic as this sounds, he was tied for our scoring leader in the Lightning series along with Letang and Asham

Waffle Fries is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 10:20 PM
  #812
Waffle Fries
Registered User
 
Waffle Fries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesedanish87 View Post
Wow, im surprised at Staal's numbers, would of never thought that, i know hes scored some big goals, maybe that's why i think of him as a good playoff player.
It's this


Waffle Fries is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 10:23 PM
  #813
plaidchuck
Registered User
 
plaidchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 5,538
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Fries View Post
As pathetic as this sounds, he was tied for our scoring leader in the Lightning series along with Letang and Asham
Yeah true come to think of it he was decent that series considering the circumstances. Definitely don't blame him taking that Holmgren deal

plaidchuck is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 10:24 PM
  #814
plaidchuck
Registered User
 
plaidchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 5,538
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Fries View Post
It's this

Man Rafalski sucked that series. Was good at the olympics though.

plaidchuck is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 10:24 PM
  #815
vodeni
Registered User
 
vodeni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 7,162
vCash: 500
bruins own them in the OT, their lines seem to have great chemistry

vodeni is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 10:26 PM
  #816
Waffle Fries
Registered User
 
Waffle Fries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck View Post
Yeah true come to think of it he was decent that series considering the circumstances. Definitely don't blame him taking that Holmgren deal
Can't blame him at all really.

Although I do hope he hates it and regrets it everyday

Waffle Fries is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 10:26 PM
  #817
td_ice
Peter shows the way
 
td_ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 25,151
vCash: 500
I feel like Pierre has really toned it down since he was slammed on Twitter by former NHL players. He is still obnoxious imo, but not nearly as much as he was.

td_ice is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 10:26 PM
  #818
plaidchuck
Registered User
 
plaidchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 5,538
vCash: 200
I'm calling the series for the Bruins, they've got a golden horseshoe stuck up their ass this year

plaidchuck is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 10:29 PM
  #819
td_ice
Peter shows the way
 
td_ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 25,151
vCash: 500
Crawford was great on the PK there.

td_ice is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 10:29 PM
  #820
Waffle Fries
Registered User
 
Waffle Fries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,077
vCash: 500
I'm rooting for multiple OTs

Waffle Fries is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 10:39 PM
  #821
dueling mullets
Registered User
 
dueling mullets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post
I feel like Pierre has really toned it down since he was slammed on Twitter by former NHL players. He is still obnoxious imo, but not nearly as much as he was.
Oh man, is there a link to these somewhere? I can't stand the guy and would love to read them.

dueling mullets is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 10:42 PM
  #822
dueling mullets
Registered User
 
dueling mullets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Hawks more goals in 1 game then Pens all series and they only got 3 -.-
And no points from Toews or Kane. Secondary support is an amazing thing, too bad the sweep was all Crosby and Malkin's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerTornado View Post
I mean, are the Hawks playing better than the Pens did (the Pens did outchance the B's through much of the series), getting traffic in front, etc. or did Rask come down to earth and bounces/puck luck are going in the Hawks' favor?
Hawks are a better team top to bottom, offense through defense, and have better goaltending. They also have been dictating the play, crashing the net, getting sustained pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockmaster View Post
So Chicago switches up their top lines and they erase a two-goal deficit......

MIND-BLOWING CONCEPT!

dueling mullets is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 10:43 PM
  #823
td_ice
Peter shows the way
 
td_ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 25,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dueling mullets View Post
Oh man, is there a link to these somewhere? I can't stand the guy and would love to read them.
I bet someone will provide them. IIIRC, one was from Mike Commodore stating something to the effect that Pierre just ruins the broadcast. I think the other was from Mike Modano agreeing with him.

td_ice is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 10:50 PM
  #824
Al Smith
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
Great game.

Despite the Pens' ignominious ouster, I'm glad they played hockey this season.

Al Smith is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 10:55 PM
  #825
BB Gun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Lucic v. Jagr.

BB Gun is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.