Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2013 Off-Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
07-16-2013, 11:47 AM
aresknights

vCash: 500
I also said Domi may stay before Bo.

If either stays its for different reasons.

We'll know in 3 months (but I expect both back)

Old
07-16-2013, 12:29 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
The Coyotes since Tippett came on board no longer ''rush'' their prospects like they did previously. The only teenager they have kept is OEL and he was clearly ready at age 19.

Mark Hunter was on TSN 690 today and said the plan is for a Domi-Horvat-McCarron line.

http://www.tsn.ca/window/podcastcent...id=20665&id=17

Old
07-16-2013, 05:24 PM
aresknights

That'll work

But I expect a lite juggling all year. Dale mixes em up, often keeping pairs of Fs together.

Guess it'll depend on who they add or where everyone gets comfy.

Old
07-16-2013, 08:14 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

Mark Hunter was on TSN 690 today and said the plan is for a Domi-Horvat-McCarron line.

http://www.tsn.ca/window/podcastcent...id=20665&id=17
Too bad Mark doesn't control the lines.

I'm certain we'll see Domi-Horvat-McCarron at some point..as well as all 3 with every other forward and every possible combination 12 forwards is capable of giving you.

Old
07-17-2013, 03:21 PM
onetimer00

Am I the only one that was laughing at this whole segment. Really? Jealousy?

The other OHL owner should take notice what the Hunters are doing.

http://www.saultstar.com/2013/07/16/...-with-montague

Old
07-17-2013, 03:34 PM
ErieOttersNews
Carry Us Connor

vCash: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetimer00 View Post

That segment was on point. Getting pretty tired of the Knights bullying the league and scooping up all the high-end talent. Hopefully teams start to make stands against them.

Old
07-17-2013, 03:47 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:

Bottom line is London is the most attractive place to play in the OHL. Great teams, great facility, great atmosphere, produces NHL talent, etc. Tough to compete with that.

It is not London's fault, other teams draft American players who wont report, based on lack of exposure or a struggling team. London has earned the right to capitalize on this situation, as a reward to how they run there franchise.

Old
07-17-2013, 03:57 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Bottom line is London is the most attractive place to play in the OHL. Great teams, great facility, great atmosphere, produces NHL talent, etc. Tough to compete with that.

It is not London's fault, other teams draft American players who wont report, based on lack of exposure or a struggling team. London has earned the right to capitalize on this situation, as a reward to how they run there franchise.
Exactly. The whole segment is discredited when he says that we get these players for next to nothing. Sorry but three 2nd rd picks for Domi, two 2nd rd picks for McCarron!?
Hey, they do their work to build a great program BEFORE these players get here. It is an attractive place to play bottom line. If the other programs get their act together, they too will get players who want to report there.
I was laughing the whole time listening to this clown.

Old
07-17-2013, 04:04 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
Exactly. The whole segment is discredited when he says that we get these players for next to nothing. Sorry but three 2nd rd picks for Domi, two 2nd rd picks for McCarron!?
Hey, they do their work to build a great program BEFORE these players get here. It is an attractive place to play bottom line. If the other programs get their act together, they too will get players who want to report there.
I was laughing the whole time listening to this clown.
Is it 2 or 3? They intially sent a 5th round pick to the Belleville Bulls along with conditional picks. I believe London knew McCarron would come over at the time of this transaction. Since those additional picks were contingent on McCarron playing for the Knights, the Bulls I think will recieve 3 second round picks? A 2nd round pick in 2015 (originally from Mississauga), London's 2nd round pick in 2017 and London's 2nd round pick in 2018. Im not sure if that is correct or it is just the intial 5th and 2 second round picks like u mention. U can surely get top end talent with those 2nd round picks. In that Domi deal Kingston took Spencer Watson with one of those 3 second round picks from London. Notice the lack of 2016 pick? I dont know if they still have that pick, but I know the 2000 born draft year right now looks very strong.

Old
07-17-2013, 04:35 PM
aresknights

Blah blah blah

Dubas was the voice of reason in that piece. Not sure how hell do long term but he says the right things. If he believes what he says and does it, the Soo is in good shape.

Until theyre caught cheating, the whining comes across as petty and is just excuses for those that cant/wont put in the time to compete.

Time and again those who I consider in the know claim Mark is one of, if no the hardest working guy in the O. Surprise, surprise hes successful

Build it and they will come

Why didnt he mention PLymouth and their success with US kids or Ktown and theirs with US or import players. hhmmmmmm

Old
07-17-2013, 04:39 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Blah blah blah

Dubas was the voice of reason in that piece. Not sure how hell do long term but he says the right things. If he believes what he says and does it, the Soo is in good shape.

Until theyre caught cheating, the whining comes across as petty and is just excuses for those that cant/wont put in the time to compete.

Time and again those who I consider in the know claim Mark is one of, if no the hardest working guy in the O. Surprise, surprise hes successful

Build it and they will come

Why didnt he mention PLymouth and their success with US kids or Ktown and theirs with US or import players. hhmmmmmm
This is a load of bull would McCarron have played in Sudbury, Peterborough, Ottawa, Owen Sound? The day the trade was made everybody knew McCarron was headed to London, he picked his spot and Hunter probably tampered with McCarron.

Old
07-17-2013, 04:51 PM
aresknights

If Mark was in charge of Sudbury, Peterborough, Ottawa or the Sound for 10 plus years maybe

SO you come to the Knights to claim (without proof ) that what I write is a load of bull. OK, interesting considering our past dealings.

Haters goin to hate

Maybe, just maybe Mccarron, his agent, the Habs all thought it was best for his development? I dunno. Seems obvious to me but hey, its all good.

Any proof of tampering? KId signs a ELC, then decided, so what do you presume Mr Humter offered as an enticement?

Hopefully you can shed some light on how Mark could tamper in this situation, just curious?

Old
07-17-2013, 04:53 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
If Mark was in charge of Sudbury, Peterborough, Ottawa or the Sound for 10 plus years maybe

SO you come to the Knights to claim (without proof ) that what I write is a load of bull. OK, interesting considering our past dealings.

Haters goin to hate

Maybe, just maybe Mccarron, his agent, the Habs all thought it was best for his development? I dunno. Seems obvious to me but hey, its all good.

Any proof of tampering? KId signs a ELC, then decided, so what do you presume Mr Humter offered as an enticement?

Hopefully you can shed some light on how Mark could tamper in this situation, just curious?
So you believe there was a huge risk in making this McCarron trade a year ago? I presume Hunter talked to McCarron long before they made a trade for his rights.

Old
07-17-2013, 04:55 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
This is a load of bull would McCarron have played in Sudbury, Peterborough, Ottawa, Owen Sound? The day the trade was made everybody knew McCarron was headed to London, he picked his spot and Hunter probably tampered with McCarron.

Do you dispute Marks one of if not he hardest working GM in the O?

Do you know the history of McC? It was a guy Mark targeted, missed in tehe draft, and paid a potentially higher cost to get than Domi

I see it as identifying a kid on the rise and going out and paying the price to get him (well before he rose up in the NHL draft to a 1st rd pick)

Old
07-17-2013, 04:56 PM
aresknights

Quote:
So you believe there was a huge risk in making this McCarron trade a year ago? I presume Hunter talked to McCarron long before they made a trade for his rights.
No, there wasnt a huge risk. Mark is smart. He paid a 5th to talk to him and 3 cond 2rds based on when and if he reported.

Old
07-17-2013, 05:01 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
No, there wasnt a huge risk. Mark is smart. He paid a 5th to talk to him and 3 cond 2rds based on when and if he reported.
And how many other times has he done this with players? Must have just been a lucky trade by Mark.

Old
07-17-2013, 05:05 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Do you dispute Marks one of if not he hardest working GM in the O?

Do you know the history of McC? It was a guy Mark targeted, missed in tehe draft, and paid a potentially higher cost to get than Domi

I see it as identifying a kid on the rise and going out and paying the price to get him (well before he rose up in the NHL draft to a 1st rd pick)
I know he was highly touted you don't make the USDP squad if you don't have skill. It just looks wrong when 3 of your best players were never drafted by London and all players picking their destination. I thought Branch stopped those games?

Old
07-17-2013, 05:07 PM
aresknights

I dont recall Mark making a trade of this type for any1. Do you know of any?

3 cond 2nds attached, based on reporting, for a kid with McCarrons potential more than a year before getting him here.It was made more than a year ago? Low risk, big reward.

Belleville flips a mid flyer pick for what they got from London-- winner
MArk got his targeted guy 2 yrs later- winner

Old
07-17-2013, 05:12 PM
aresknights

Quote:
I know he was highly touted you don't make the USDP squad if you don't have skill. It just looks wrong when 3 of your best players were never drafted by London and all players picking their destination. I thought Branch stopped those games?
Who is the 3rd?

Kingston took Domi (thank goodness or we wouldnt have gotten both he n Bo)
They (Gilmour) did so knowing hed flip him for 3 2nds and a comp pick-- I thought it was a real solid move on his part. London paid the going rate, 3 2nds. Talked to a scout who was involved with Kingston at the time- funny story it was.
With McC there was no garauntee hed continue to develop into a first rd NHL pick ( in fact some say he shouldnt have gone there- but Im happy as a Hab fan he did)

They traded up to get MAtta, traded up to get Zadarov.

MArk has been on a streak for three years. It cant continue and theyll be down times but hes just soing a great job recently.

Old
07-17-2013, 05:15 PM
aresknights

MArks having the success at his job, that Spits fans would love to see Warren having.

Warren has to find a way to get things done that are positive for his team. I know well agree on that.

Old
07-17-2013, 05:18 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Who is the 3rd?

Kingston took Domi (thank goodness or we wouldnt have gotten both he n Bo)
They (Gilmour) did so knowing hed flip him for 3 2nds and a comp pick-- I thought it was a real solid move on his part. London paid the going rate, 3 2nds. Talked to a scout who was involved with Kingston at the time- funny story it was.
With McC there was no garauntee hed continue to develop into a first rd NHL pick ( in fact some say he shouldnt have gone there- but Im happy as a Hab fan he did)

They traded up to get MAtta, traded up to get Zadarov.

MArk has been on a streak for three years. It cant continue and theyll be down times but hes just soing a great job recently.
Stolarz, Domi and McCarron. I guess the league has no problems when you can sign free agents or make trades that doesn't involve a single roster player. Of course though don't give inducements to players, that's a no no. Let's be honest it doesn't take a genius to make trades when it doesn't cost you a single roster player, you or I could do that.

Old
07-17-2013, 05:24 PM
aresknights

Didnt the Spits get 2 first rd players a few years back?

BAteman and Kerby?

Warren hasnt played the game, evaluated talent, made as good atrades as MArk has done (how many 2nd rds for Marchese and Devlin, Bateman et al)

Stolarz was on teh Spits radar, they couldnt get it done. He said no to them. Why? MArk did what Warren couldnt

Old
07-17-2013, 05:40 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Didnt the Spits get 2 first rd players a few years back?

BAteman and Kerby?

Warren hasnt played the game, evaluated talent, made as good atrades as MArk has done (how many 2nd rds for Marchese and Devlin, Bateman et al)

Stolarz was on teh Spits radar, they couldnt get it done. He said no to them. Why? MArk did what Warren couldnt
I already said Warren isn't good at his job you don't need to repeat it.

So if Windsor and London were the only ones looking at Stolarz you don't think there's an issue with the system?

Old
07-17-2013, 06:23 PM
SeanLafortune
@SeanLafortune

Quote:

You can't sign US based kids if you never draft them and recruit them, just like you can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket.

More teams should look at what Belleville did. There is no reason not to.

Old
07-17-2013, 07:14 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Which is what, exactly?

Closed Thread