*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2013 Off-Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-12-2013, 03:31 PM
GangGreen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Sorry, as a lurking Canucks fan you really don't have a clue. Who cares if they used up a year of Corrado's ELC? He was a better option than anything else they had....definitely didn't look out of place.

Horvat will get a look, but will be sent back, no need to panic.

The Luongo/Schneider situation is convoluted and complex and nobody on this entire HFboards has any inklings of what has happened with that situation in the last 20 or so months.

----

Back to the Knights, as a Canucks fan, it would be nice to see Gaunce there too, makes it easier to follow our prospects. Gaunce and Subban, would be even better and helps the Knights for this year, and then they could flip Jordan to start their rebuild the following season.
I'd also like to see all 3 in London being a Canucks fan. Gaunce could be an option if Broadhurst and Griffith don't return, and would be badly needed if Horvat or Domi sticks. I can't see the Bulls trading Subban though, the Subban's and Belleville are synonymous with each other.

Old
08-12-2013, 04:20 PM
EON 93
Title free since '02

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
Getting Broadhurst back would be ideal as it would save the Knights burning assets to acquire a top 6 forward. I agree with your lines other than I would put Platzer on the 3rd line with the Ruperts, and keep Elie on the 4th line.
All expendable players and picks could then be used to acquire the highest quality d-man they can. That player, along with Maataa, Zadorov and Mermis would comprise the top 4. Sefton, Liberati, and Centorame would fight for the last 2 spots.
I hope the Knights retain Leroux's rights and keep him in London with the Nats. His size and grit will come in handy at times, and he is a body that can be used come World Jr. time.
Would like the Knights to hold on to Marner if they can, his skill and offense will be badly needed starting next season.
Not sure if they will be able to hold on to Marner if they go for some of the trades fans have been suggesting on these forums. A realistic acquisition for the knights could be alex basso from sarnia. Could slot into their top 4 without costing them Marner.

Old
08-13-2013, 12:17 AM
Snippit

Yeah, I don't think we will hold on to Marner.

What kind of assets do we have that will fetch a ton of value? I think we only have 2 second rounders in the next 3 years or something like that.

Macdonald, Jammes, Pawley could be trade bait, but I don't know what they could get. I think they're all good prospects that get buried in a deep London lineup, but to get players like Monahan, Nurse, Gaunce, I'm sure other GMs will want top prospects/players.

So what else do we have outside of Marner? Platzer, Elie? If giving up one of the two means getting a top-notch player, I would do it. I think Elie will be great for us though, so I'm reluctant in giving him up.

Trade bait: Draft picks(2 seconds in the next 3 yrs), Marner, Jammes, Pawley, Platzer, (Centorame/Di Lorenzo?), Macdonald, Elie if it's REALLY worth it, rights to one of the Americans we drafted this year maybe, and any other previously drafted Knights players.

I don't know, do we have enough quality to make more than one blockbuster? Would we be better off making good but less expensive acquisitions?

Mark has fleeced GMs in the past, but they'll be on their guard this time. This time, we might have to pay the actual value for each player Or close to it, anyways.

Old
08-13-2013, 03:11 AM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieottersnews View Post
Not sure if they will be able to hold on to Marner if they go for some of the trades fans have been suggesting on these forums. A realistic acquisition for the knights could be alex basso from sarnia. Could slot into their top 4 without costing them Marner.
I think peopl may be a bit surprised what Mark does. This is gonna remain a good team moving forward and Hunters won't dump tons of assets....no way they are already deep, deep team. Bout time some folks lets the kids play until November and see wut ya got....yer already at the show. Jammes , Pawley, Elie, OMAC, Marner will all be given full time shots first and some may surprise. I suspect Marner won't make it and could play down to protect him. Owen MacDonald will surprise me if he doesn't make it.

London will add just not now and first see wut the comp looks like across west. I mentioned Nurse since draft and even last year when Keefe, Dubas kept all those vets......they need some assets for Nurse if they are not top 6.......never recouped from Campbell at all and that is gonna leave a hole.

But some of these other names to London.....why I ask ? Some are not even good enough to beat out the present guys and too many changes are not good....ask Molliken.

Old
08-13-2013, 09:20 AM
poisonivy
05, 12, 13 Champs

Getting Broadhurst back would be huge. I'd still look for another forward who can bury his shots in the circles, something sorely missed last year. Another player that seems to have been forgotten is Liberati. I think he holds more value than Jammes and Pawley and he showdd he can play both forward and defence. They even had him at center a few times.

I see the Knights starting with Zadorov, Maatta, Mermis, Liberati, Centorame, DiLorenzo as the top 6 D. We here gushing minor midget reports on how Centorame and DiLorenzo are good prospects so if they can show they can play regularly in the O, they should be wanted given that they're only 17.

Old
08-13-2013, 09:40 AM
PacoSanchez15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
I mentioned Nurse since draft and even last year when Keefe, Dubas kept all those vets......they need some assets for Nurse if they are not top 6.......never recouped from Campbell at all and that is gonna leave a hole.
What exactly did they lose in the Campbell deal that they haven't recouped? Seiloff was never reporting, Braid was a throw in. As far as draft picks go, sure they gave up a bunch and a lot of them were high picks but they just finished this years draft making 17 picks and have a potential 23 picks in next years draft. You can only play so many of those picks.

Not trying to say the deal wasn't bad because it was but I don't think you trade Nurse just because of it. Only way Darnell is going anywhere is if he asks to or the Hounds are way out of the playoff race by the deadline.

Old
08-13-2013, 10:02 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoSanchez15 View Post
What exactly did they lose in the Campbell deal that they haven't recouped? Seiloff was never reporting, Braid was a throw in. As far as draft picks go, sure they gave up a bunch and a lot of them were high picks but they just finished this years draft making 17 picks and have a potential 23 picks in next years draft. You can only play so many of those picks.

Not trying to say the deal wasn't bad because it was but I don't think you trade Nurse just because of it. Only way Darnell is going anywhere is if he asks to or the Hounds are way out of the playoff race by the deadline.
The hounds probably will struggle to make the playoffs this year. It is also widely believed that this would be Nurse's last year in the O. Edmonton sorely needs him, so with that said you trade him at the deadline as a rental. This means you don't get as much for him, but you still get quite a nice return.
Not sure Sault needs picks. From 2016 - 2019 all their picks are in tact and don't have any extras. Here is a breakdown of the two years in between:
2014: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (BAR), 3rd (KIT), 3rd (PBO), 4th, 4th (ERI), 4th (WSR), 5th, 5th (NIA), 6th, 7th, 7th (BAR), 8th, 9th, 10th, 10th (WSR), 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 15th (OTT)
2015: 1st, 2nd (WSR), 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 15th (SAR), 15th (NIA)

As you can see, they are stocked with picks and are not depleted anymore from the Campbell trade.
So if the Sault is going to be in the bottom half of the Western teams in a host year, the East will load up and Nurse is probably gone next year it isn't a question of
'why would you trade Nurse', it is a case of 'why wouldn't you'?
If you use a recent 'rental' example of Trochek, you get a blue chip prospect (in that case it was Bratina) along with some high picks (2nd, 3rd, 3rd). Those picks don't necessarily need to be picks, they can be moved with other assets to acquire players.

Old
08-13-2013, 10:14 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoSanchez15 View Post

Agreed!!! You can't always be in a rebuild...fans tend to be frustrated with that idea!

Old
08-13-2013, 10:24 AM
aresknights

I'm not expecting Nurse in Knightsville.

I think the Nurse helps HIS team "almost as much/ just as much" by staying put .

Ya never know thou.

Last edited by aresknights: 08-13-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old
08-13-2013, 10:36 AM
PacoSanchez15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
The hounds probably will struggle to make the playoffs this year. It is also widely believed that this would be Nurse's last year in the O. Edmonton sorely needs him, so with that said you trade him at the deadline as a rental. This means you don't get as much for him, but you still get quite a nice return.
Not sure Sault needs picks. From 2016 - 2019 all their picks are in tact and don't have any extras. Here is a breakdown of the two years in between:
2014: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (BAR), 3rd (KIT), 3rd (PBO), 4th, 4th (ERI), 4th (WSR), 5th, 5th (NIA), 6th, 7th, 7th (BAR), 8th, 9th, 10th, 10th (WSR), 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 15th (OTT)
2015: 1st, 2nd (WSR), 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 15th (SAR), 15th (NIA)

As you can see, they are stocked with picks and are not depleted anymore from the Campbell trade.
So if the Sault is going to be in the bottom half of the Western teams in a host year, the East will load up and Nurse is probably gone next year it isn't a question of
'why would you trade Nurse', it is a case of 'why wouldn't you'?
If you use a recent 'rental' example of Trochek, you get a blue chip prospect (in that case it was Bratina) along with some high picks (2nd, 3rd, 3rd). Those picks don't necessarily need to be picks, they can be moved with other assets to acquire players.
While it is quite possible Nurse is gone after this year I don't think it's an absolute forgone conclusion just yet. Edmonton has Smid and Ference signed for next year, add in Schultz who is an RFA who is surely going to be re-signed. Then you have guys like Klefbom and Marincin who are getting closer to being ready, not to mention any FA or trades that could be made between now and next year.

I just don't see him being traded. Outside of them being out of the playoffs at the deadline and Edmonton telling them he will 100% not be back or him asking to be moved to a contender I think the Hounds keep him and try to make noise in the West playoffs. Whether it's the right thing or not, that is the real debate.

Old
08-13-2013, 11:16 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post

I think the Nurse helps the team "almost as much/ just as much" by staying put .

Ya never know thou.
I would agree unlikely Nurse gets dealt let alone to London
The fact he is a 95 means the price would be very high as there is no guarantee
he will make Edm as a 19 year old after this coming season

Old
08-13-2013, 11:55 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:

I think the Nurse helps the team "almost as much/ just as much" by staying put .

Ya never know thou.
You've got to be kidding right? Nurse would help any team he is traded to. He was a top 10 pick in the NHL draft. The kid is the real deal and an awesome defenceman and certainly as good or better than anything we have got. Maattaa had a bit of a letdown from the previous year and Zadorov is excellent, but Nurse is that good too.
Nurse helps as much by staying put....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
I would agree unlikely Nurse gets dealt let alone to London
The fact he is a 95 means the price would be very high as there is no guarantee
he will make Edm as a 19 year old after this coming season
Yes agreed. All of what I wrote is based on the premise that Nurse would not come back next year. If he was back next year, I think the cost would be insane and certainly not worth it. Sault could be buyers with the amount of picks they have in the next two years....

Old
08-13-2013, 12:21 PM
nelli27

Picked up my Season Tics this morning...this year the booklets come in a large, fancy box with Knights logo. Hey, guess what's inside the box other than the booklets?

Wait for it....

Advertisements, advertisements, and some more advertisements, a Knights schedule, a commemorative edition of Knightly News, and did I mention the advertisements?

Old
08-13-2013, 12:35 PM
aresknights

Quote:
You've got to be kidding right? Nurse would help any team he is traded to. He was a top 10 pick in the NHL draft. The kid is the real deal and an awesome defenceman and certainly as good or better than anything we have got. Maattaa had a bit of a letdown from the previous year and Zadorov is excellent, but Nurse is that good too.
Nurse helps as much by staying put....
I fixed my post. I wasnt clear, you misunderstood.

I meant he'd help the Soo as much by staying put as he would help them by bringing in more picks/youngins if traded. They're loaded with picks and yes a couple good youngins would be nice for Soo but so would having an elite, hard working, successful leader type

I just don't see Soo moving him, and I'm not sure Mark would break the bank for him with other quality options available cheaper.

Of course he'd be a benefit to any squad but that price tag my leave ya crippled

Old
08-13-2013, 01:34 PM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelli27 View Post
Picked up my Season Tics this morning...this year the booklets come in a large, fancy box with Knights logo. Hey, guess what's inside the box other than the booklets?

Wait for it....

Advertisements, advertisements, and some more advertisements, a Knights schedule, a commemorative edition of Knightly News, and did I mention the advertisements?

Gotta pay those US kids somehow...

Old
08-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
I fixed my post. I wasnt clear, you misunderstood.

I meant he'd help the Soo as much by staying put as he would help them by bringing in more picks/youngins if traded. They're loaded with picks and yes a couple good youngins would be nice for Soo but so would having an elite, hard working, successful leader type

I just don't see Soo moving him, and I'm not sure Mark would break the bank for him with other quality options available cheaper.

Of course he'd be a benefit to any squad but that price tag my leave ya crippled
Ya, afterwards I got thinking and surmised that you may have meant if it will cost you an arm and a leg, you are better off keeping the arm and leg instead of having him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Gotta pay those US kids somehow...
Ah another uninformed hater, go troll somewhere else. Doesn't Kitchener have a US player or two?....oh wait, you almost got caught paying off your guy Trouba.....

Old
08-13-2013, 02:15 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Ah another uninformed hater, go troll somewhere else. Doesn't Kitchener have a US player or two?....oh wait, you almost got caught paying off your guy Trouba.....

Old
08-13-2013, 02:36 PM
nelli27

Quote:
Ya, afterwards I got thinking and surmised that you may have meant if it will cost you an arm and a leg, you are better off keeping the arm and leg instead of having him.

No, Charlie Girl is one of the good ones---not a troll! She knows only too well that the Waterloo Rangers have some Americans on their team.
Did you get your tics yet, 77?

Last edited by nelli27: 08-13-2013 at 02:37 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old
08-13-2013, 02:55 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
It's all good lol.

We know where it's coming from and why.

Neilli and Charlie girl always making me

Old
08-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
It's all good lol.

We know where it's coming from and why.

Neilli and Charlie girl always making me
Yeah....they are always good for a laff or two!
Nothing like some friendly banter between rival fans (makes hockey more enjoyable when said tongue in cheek)....I'm sure CG knew what was going to be coming back at her!!

Old
08-13-2013, 03:02 PM
aresknights

"Ya, afterwards I got thinking and surmised that you may have meant if it will cost you an arm and a leg, you are better off keeping the arm and leg instead of having him. "

I agree the price maybe too high but I meant he'd be as valuable to the Soo for a number if reasons if he stays. Sometimes leadership, experience, great work ethic, mentorship is as important or more so than adding more picks n kids for rebuilding.
I'm looking at it from Dubas view. Not Marks.

Old
08-13-2013, 05:23 PM
GangGreen

Quote:
"Ya, afterwards I got thinking and surmised that you may have meant if it will cost you an arm and a leg, you are better off keeping the arm and leg instead of having him. "

I agree the price maybe too high but I meant he'd be as valuable to the Soo for a number if reasons if he stays. Sometimes leadership, experience, great work ethic, mentorship is as important or more so than adding more picks n kids for rebuilding.
I'm looking at it from Dubas view. Not Marks.
I would like to see Nurse in a Knights uniform more than any other current OHL player, even more so than Monahan. However we all know the price will be astronomical.
If the Knights could land Alex Basso, that would be there RH shooting PP QB, at a cheaper price.

Old
08-14-2013, 01:48 AM
12Gage09

'On The Edge' is set to start filming the London Knights on their Road To The Memorial Cup in 1 week according to Sports Radio Host Bob McCown who started Fadoo Produtions and who are the ones filming 'On The Edge'

Old
08-14-2013, 07:12 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelli27 View Post
No, Charlie Girl is one of the good ones---not a troll! She knows only too well that the Waterloo Rangers have some Americans on their team.
Did you get your tics yet, 77?
I guess I don't know who's who well enough yet then.....and I guess I am used to dealing with Windsor fans too

Haven't picked up my tickets yet, I'll probably go this weekend. Looking forward to all those advertisements

Old
08-14-2013, 07:17 AM
nelli27

Anyone hoping that the Knights might make a move for Dalton Young? Well, you might want to re-think that? The kid is in serious trouble with the law--he "allegedly" stabbed his girlfriend's father in the back (literally, not metaphorically). You want the news source? Google it, I'm in a rush!

Closed Thread