Closed Thread

Old
08-17-2013, 03:50 PM
chewerjones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Matta and Zadarov will be the imports.
The other two were drafted as insurance and will be cut loose if both vet imports return.

I do agree they are very deep in high end and depth OHLers and something has to give here.
Good point.

Penguins need cheap players, as they are up against the Cap, and guys like Maata and Harrington might be valuable and immediate needs.

Old
08-17-2013, 05:57 PM
EON 93
very ok poster

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
Good point.

Penguins need cheap players, as they are up against the Cap, and guys like Maata and Harrington might be valuable and immediate needs.
Harrington will be in Wilkes-Barre, and Maata will be back in London. Pittsburgh is slightly over the cap right now but I believe you can be a certain percentage over. Pittsburgh's got 8 defenseman signed right now that will play over Maata.

Old
08-17-2013, 09:08 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

London signs 2012 USHL Draft 6th overall pick Christian Dvorak, who is a 1996-born player. He played 9 games for Chicago Steel last year and scored 5 points, the year before he played 28 games in midget u16 and had 45 points. He's 5'11 and plays LW, born in Frankfort, IL. Was committed to Wisconsin.

Old
08-17-2013, 09:53 PM
ImaBullsfan

Wow, here we go again!

Old
08-17-2013, 10:01 PM
poisonivy
05, 12, 13 Champs

Don't know anything about him besides the reports I read online. London drafted him in 2012 in the 8th round. Left hand shot forward. Good to see an addition to a realtively weak 1996 crop for London.

Old
08-17-2013, 10:07 PM
ImaBullsfan

With this signing, it will surely push acouple vets out, but which ones?

Old
08-17-2013, 10:12 PM
aresknights

A couple of us had said expect a name or two to move that haven't been brought up often. My guess is a F or two with 2 yrs Memorial Cup exp to be moved.

It has been fairly quiet.

I know nothing of this kid or if he's expected to play this year.
Any1 with insight know if he has a shot this year?

Old
08-17-2013, 10:32 PM
poisonivy
05, 12, 13 Champs

Quote:
A couple of us had said expect a name or two to move that haven't been brought up often. My guess is a F or two with 2 yrs Memorial Cup exp to be moved.

It has been fairly quiet.

I know nothing of this kid or if he's expected to play this year.
Any1 with insight know if he has a shot this year?
Well, I 'd be surprised if Jammes and Pawley aren't traded within the next 2 months.

Maybe Welychka out east for a couple 4ths?

Old
08-17-2013, 10:36 PM
aresknights

They've all been mentioned and very well may get moved.
I'm thinking player(s) that may surprise fans.

Old
08-17-2013, 10:59 PM
Knight444

Nice signing. I'd been quietly hoping we'd hear news that Anthony Louis is on his way to London, but this is welcomed news as well.

Chicago Steel G.M./Head Coach Scott McConnell on Dvorak:

"He's a very, very gifted offensive threat. All around the ice he can score. He's fluid, he's sneaky. He's got very shifty skill.

"He's so smart, and so skilled and so gifted with the puck in the offensive zone that it's kind of fun to watch, it really is. He's a really good hockey player. Once he gets up to our level (full time) and starts to understand the defensive side of the game he's going to turn into a big time threat."

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2013...go-mission-u18

Old
08-17-2013, 11:04 PM
poisonivy
05, 12, 13 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight444 View Post
Nice signing. I'd been quietly hoping we'd hear news that Anthony Louis is on his way to London, but this is welcomed news as well.

"He's a very, very gifted offensive threat. All around the ice he can score. He's fluid, he's sneaky. He's got very shifty skill.

"He's so smart, and so skilled and so gifted with the puck in the offensive zone that it's kind of fun to watch, it really is. He's a really good hockey player. Once he gets up to our level (full time) and starts to understand the defensive side of the game he's going to turn into a big time threat."

I was just about to post this article. Very informative and interesting read. Seems like he was a longshot. Thought it would have been more likely to land Trevor Hamilton or Anthony Louis.

Old
08-17-2013, 11:09 PM
Knight444

It wouldn't surprise me to see a veteran like Josh Anderson moved. He'll have plenty of trade value and has been replaced as a big body in the top six by the addition of McCarron. I'd like to see Welychka stay given his versatility. He'll fill an important 3rd/4th line role this year.

I don't see Tierney moving either, so I'd imagine one of Elie or Platzer - in addition to Jammes and Pawley - will go at some point as well to make room for the new additions. Plenty of possibilities and dealing from a position of strength with all of the options.

The picks acquired for a veteran guy with two Memorial Cups under his belt like Anderson will be valuable currency to fill a need on the back end at the deadline or sooner.

Old
08-17-2013, 11:24 PM
poisonivy
05, 12, 13 Champs

Yes, someone could overpay for Anderson. Does everything right but can't consistently put up numbers. Moreso in the playoffs. No way does Tierney get traded. Elie will only go if included in a package for a big name. Tend to think the same goes for Platzer.

But I'd like to keep Anderson. Finally this team has size up front, I wouldn't be so quick to trade it esp. if Horvat does stick in the NHL. Maybe the Ruperts are on the block!

Old
08-17-2013, 11:49 PM
Snippit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight444 View Post

The part at the end of the article:

"One (very minor) concern is that Dvorak has been selected in the OHL Priority Selection. The London Knights selected Dvorak in the eighth round of the 2012 draft. While it's highly unlikely that Dvorak would give up his college commitment to go to London, if any team has the ability to change his mind, it's the Knights. If you remember, London is the OHL franchise that lured away former Wisconsin recruit and current Edmonton Oilers forward Sam Gagner. Granted, I doubt we'll see London hiring Dvorak's dad to be an assistant coach like they did to steal Gagner from the Badgers"

Guess it's not such a minor concern anymore.

Does this guy fit into our Top 6? Can't say I know anything about him, but if he's as good as the coach says:

Domi-Horvat-McCarron
Dvorak-Tierney-Broadhurst

Old
08-18-2013, 12:36 AM
aresknights

Can't see the Ruperts moving.

Old
08-18-2013, 07:14 AM
nelli27

I agree that Pawley and Jammes will likely be moved. I expect very little in return for them.
Still have a surplus of forwards even IF Broadhurst and Griffith do not return.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wely and/or Anderson were traded. I like both players but if Hunters are looking to upgrade then these players (among others) will have to be shopped--more trade value.
Anderson's lack of playoff production is somewhat of a concern.

I'm more concerned about the D. Zadorov and Maatta are gold, Mermis is steady, but 4-6 are subpar. I like Liberati's skill set but he remains a question mark.
I'm not yet sold on Centorame. I think his poor play in the few games he played as a call up tainted my view of him. I know that's not fair so I'll take a 'wait and see' approach.

When's training camp? I need a hockey fix to go with my...oh, never mind.

Old
08-18-2013, 08:00 AM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelli27 View Post
I agree that Pawley and Jammes will likely be moved. I expect very little in return for them.
Still have a surplus of forwards even IF Broadhurst and Griffith do not return.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wely and/or Anderson were traded. I like both players but if Hunters are looking to upgrade then these players (among others) will have to be shopped--more trade value.
Anderson's lack of playoff production is somewhat of a concern.

I'm more concerned about the D. Zadorov and Maatta are gold, Mermis is steady, but 4-6 are subpar. I like Liberati's skill set but he remains a question mark.
I'm not yet sold on Centorame. I think his poor play in the few games he played as a call up tainted my view of him. I know that's not fair so I'll take a 'wait and see' approach.

When's training camp? I need a hockey fix to go with my...oh, never mind.
Why are London fans so quick to unload proven vets to make room for a 96 kid. Dvorak will be just another young guy trying to get ice and I seriously doubt he is ahead of the Rupes, Annderson, Brett.....how about some loyalty people to the guys that have been here for this team already.

And anyone suggesting the Rupes in a move......lol, not happening. But 19 other teams would love to take that problem off your hands.

No trades until November and Jaccob Jammes may yet surprise a few...ala AA who came into his own late.

Patience folks

Old
08-18-2013, 08:08 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
Why are London fans so quick to unload proven vets to make room for a 96 kid. Dvorak will be just another young guy trying to get ice and I seriously doubt he is ahead of the Rupes, Annderson, Brett.....how about some loyalty people to the guys that have been here for this team already.

And anyone suggesting the Rupes in a move......lol, not happening. But 19 other teams would love to take that problem off your hands.

No trades until November and Jaccob Jammes may yet surprise a few...ala AA who came into his own late.

Patience folks
Truth be told...if this team as it sits right now and makes zero moves..they're a backdoor host. Jammes has shown me nothing..ala AA. Ship him out. I doubt you get more than a 4th or 5th for him. Someone big is gonna be moved. Bank it. Loyalty wins you nothing in sports. This is a game...not a family pet.

Old
08-18-2013, 08:45 AM
nelli27

Quote:

Patience folks
Simon, it's just a numbers game. Consider our list of forwards:

Horvat
Domi
McCarron
Elie
R. Rupert
M. Rupert
Tierney
Anderson
Welychka
Platzer
Pawley
Jammes
Dvorak
MacDonald
Leroux
Marner
Griffith (???)
Broadhurst (???)

That's potentially 18 forwards, and that's just off the top of my head. I'm probably missing a couple. You'd have to think that the Hunters will make an effort to acquire a top end forward (as well as a d-man or two), and to do so, you have to be willing to part ways with some good players. And, of course, you can't expect that other teams will consider Pawley and Jammes major cogs in a rebuild. I'm just saying that you have to be open to trading some vets.
PP31 is right--loyalty is not a criterion for success when it comes to building a winner.

Last edited by nelli27: 08-18-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old
08-18-2013, 09:05 AM
poisonivy
05, 12, 13 Champs

Quote:

Patience folks
There's a reason why I had a at the end of my post. Obviously the Ruperts aren't moving.

Old
08-18-2013, 09:07 AM
aresknights

Gotta pay to play Simon and Jammes, Pawley , OMac and our future picks aren't enough to grab a couple top 4 type D.
As Neili showed we got plenty of OHL calibre Fs, move a couple and shore up the back end.
Teams should always be looking to get better at every position regardless of what's been done in the past.
If it'll make the " team" better, move em out

I missed the wink 4Cup

Old
08-18-2013, 09:10 AM
poisonivy
05, 12, 13 Champs

Quote:
Gotta pay to play Simon and Jammes, Pawley , OMac and our future picks aren't enough to grab a couple top 4 type D.
As Neili showed we got plenty of OHL calibre Fs, move a couple and shore up the back end.
Teams should always be looking to get better at every position regardless of what's been done in the past.
If it'll make the " team" better, move em out

I missed the wink 4Cup
Agreed. Trade a '94 to a team like Kingston who wants to win now for a couple picks. Knights are in need of trade bait when it comes to picks.

Old
08-18-2013, 09:58 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

The future is irrelevant right now. The Knights MUST win this year. Period. If it means moving someone that others/fans feel is an untouchable to shore up a hole or puzzle piece..you do it. This isn't an also ran or runner up season. Next year doesn't exist. It's win and win now and pay the price to do so..and that should be the ONLY mindset from Management right on down to the food vendors. Wait and see isn't an option.

Old
08-18-2013, 01:09 PM
aresknights

I'm reminded of an Al Davis quote bout now.

Old
08-18-2013, 01:14 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
I'm reminded of an Al Davis quote bout now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RAlrzcdfRY

Closed Thread