Closed Thread

Old
09-02-2013, 09:26 AM
tjziel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Too much for Ned

Marner is our future..he's going nowhere.

Attractive players though. I like your thinking.
I think Guelph or Windsor will be looking for a goalie like Patterson so I wouldn't be surprised if he goes there for two 2nd round picks.

Old
09-02-2013, 09:29 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
If george goes full rebuild, I would love to get Marner in a bulls uniform. With all due respect Brady Austin is a far better d man than Basso. I would package Austin and Gaunce for Marner ++
Is Austin expected back after NHL camp. He does have an AHL option, no?
If he's back I hope Mark inquires.

Old
09-02-2013, 09:31 AM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Too much for Ned

Marner is our future..he's going nowhere.

Attractive players though. I like your thinking.
If the Hunters want to acquire a big fish, Marner 100percent has to be in the deal! London has no picks left to deal, doubt he would move some core guys from the current roster

Old
09-02-2013, 09:36 AM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Is Austin expected back after NHL camp. He does have an AHL option, no?
If he's back I hope Mark inquires.
Austin is at Bulls camp now, he is going to the Sabres main camp soon, he is not currently signed yet, so an OA season is a really good possiblity

Old
09-02-2013, 09:37 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
If the Hunters want to acquire a big fish, Marner 100percent has to be in the deal! London has no picks left to deal, doubt he would move some core guys from the current roster
Hunter won't mortgage his future for a rental. He just doesn't work that way, the last time he dealt a 1st rounder was Christian Thomas in the DelZotto trade. Moves will be made...and a few jaws will drop. A see 1 or 2 core guys moving and outside prospects. The list I gave earlier is just a starting point. I don't see Mark moving Marner for any price...but I've been wrong before.

Old
09-02-2013, 09:41 AM
aresknights

Quote:
I'd do that deal, but maybe switch Jammes with platzer or welychka? Just wondering about Jammes, what's the deal with him anyways? Thought he was a pretty good prospect NO? Does he have a bad attitude? Overrated? What?
Seems like a good, haven't heard anything neg about attitude.
He's just stuck behind better players. I personally don't think he's got a huge upside (eg 1stline) but could contribute on a 2nd/3rd line in the right situation.
Some think he made the wrong decision when Mark wanted him to show up two yrs ago but elected to stay in Ott area. I have no idea what that did for development.

Old
09-02-2013, 09:48 AM
Snippit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjziel View Post
Palazzese is also tricky because he is also an over-ager, unless you want cut Sefton. I think Sefton will earn his spot on this team as a third pair Dman. He's big and scrappy. So here's what I propose:

Alex Nedeljkovic to London for Jake Patterson, Owen MacDonald, 2015 2nd round pick, 2017 2nd round pick and a third in 2014.

Brendan Gaunce and Brady Austin to London for Mitchell Marner, Jacob Jammes, 2 2014 third round picks
If Ned proves to be the best goalie in the O by the time we were to trade for him, I think I would do it. If not, maybe remove a pick.

Of course, that's if we need it. Stolarz was impressive until the finals. I think he could emerge as a very good starter.

Old
09-02-2013, 09:52 AM
aresknights

Mark definitely has options here.
A couple puck movers and few stay at homers.
The more options the better chance you don't overpay but I think he has to target the 2 he wants and go get em.

Personally I like the Windsor Dman (seiloff only!) in your list but will/could they work out a deal? If the Spits get off to a good start, WR may just hang on to his A guys.

I hope Mark grabs at least one D early ( end of Oct at the latest) and another inJan if needed. I think you may get a better deal earlier than later but who knows.

Austin ( for sure- but is he coming back to the O)
Seiloff ( will the Spits move him)
Basso ( different mold than my top two but prolly avail)
Gaunce ( would work well in Dales system, real well real D minded F who can score at this level)

My wish list
Austin if back, if not Basso replaces him as we need 2 D imo
Seiloff
Gaunce

I'm not as concerned with the Tenders as others are but as Ive said lots here I ain't no G coach . If its a prob address it in Jan

Last edited by aresknights: 09-02-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old
09-02-2013, 10:05 AM
aresknights

I really think we see a couple bodies shipped out that will upset a few fans but in this year, with the guys mentioned here as targets, in a must win situation very few are safe.
I've said this going back to the spring time. A very good younger prospect or two will get moved IMO. We don't have enough picks.
Domi, Horvat, Tierney, Broadhurst if back, Rupert's, Zad, Matta, Marner, mcCarron, are the ones I don't consider moving, but I'm no mark hunter
Anderson I'd hate to lose as well, I just don't consider him untouchable.

Hopefully Marks got some magic left up that sleeve after a great 3 yr run at the deadline.

He won it 3 yrs ago by selling parts off for huge returns
Won it 2yrs ago by bringing in Austin for 50 cents on the dollar
And IMO won it last year standing pat, while others spent away and they still won.

Just gotta feelin it won't be the same here this year. He's going to be asked to pay going or inflated rates.
Work some magic Mark and keep the rest of leagues fans whining

Last edited by aresknights: 09-02-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old
09-02-2013, 10:11 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Mark definitely has options here.
A couple puck movers and few stay at homers.
The more options the better chance you don't overpay but I think he has to target the 2 he wants and go get em.

Personally I like the Windsor Dman (seiloff only!) in your list but will/could they work out a deal? If the Spits get off to a good start, WR may just hang on to his A guys.

I hope Mark grabs at least one D early ( end of Oct at the latest) and another inJan if needed. I think you may get a better deal earlier than later but who knows.

Austin ( for sure- but is he coming back to the O)
Seiloff ( will the Spits move him)
Basso ( different mold than my top two but prolly avail)
Gaunce ( would work well in Dales system, real well real D minded F who can score at this level)

My wish list
Austin if back, if not Basso replaces him as we need 2 D imo
Seiloff
Gaunce

I'm not as concerned with the Tenders as others are but as Ive said lots here I ain't no G coach . If its a prob address it in Jan
The only way the spits trade Sieloff to the Knights are A) Spits are having another crappy season and B) London has to overpay

There's no way Rychel trades him to the Knights unless its really Worth it and it would be a hefty price IMO Atleast...

Old
09-02-2013, 10:23 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
The only way the spits trade Sieloff to the Knights are A) Spits are having another crappy season and B) London has to overpay

There's no way Rychel trades him to the Knights unless its really Worth it and it would be a hefty price IMO Atleast...
"Personally I like the Windsor Dman (seiloff only!) in your list but will/could they work out a deal? If the Spits get off to a good start, WR may just hang on to his A guys."

I also mentioned Mark will be asked to pay going OR inflated rates in another post

So I guess were on the same page

Old
09-02-2013, 10:56 AM
punch1943

Quote:
"Personally I like the Windsor Dman (seiloff only!) in your list but will/could they work out a deal? If the Spits get off to a good start, WR may just hang on to his A guys."

I also mentioned Mark will be asked to pay going OR inflated rates in another post

So I guess were on the same page
IMHO The Spits, who play 13 of their 1st 20 at home, won't deal any top players until those first 20+ games are over. With very inexperienced goaltenders it's a toss up how they'll play. If they start out poorly anyone/everyone should be on the table.With an abundance of good/potentially good forwards outside of their top 9 the Knights should be in the driver's seat no matter who they are looking to deal with unless it's a team who is looking to deal for draft picks.(the only area the Knights have the shorts).

Old
09-02-2013, 11:00 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
No way do we do a deal with the lowly Spits for Sieloff.

The point Phlyer makes is two fold...not only does Platzer and Wely bring you a better ROI, but you then have to factor in who moves where. Now its assumed we'd get a Dman in that trade but if it is part of a bigger deal (aka Gaunce) then you need somewhere in the front 6 to put them.

Marner wont be traded. End of story. Neither will Dvorak, and the kid shows more promise than Tony Romano so i wouldnt worry
(Footnote: TR stunk with us but had a success with the Petes to the tune of 36goals).
No way do the spits do a deal with we can only win the mem cup at home London Knights
And if it does happen it will be Rychel and Seiloff and Vail going to London a blockbuster,providing Horvat does make Vancouver,in one swoop the Knights get a shutdown D with snarl,a 40-50 goal scorer and shutdown center to let Horvat do his thing
The return pcs I have not about it yet
The Knights would be positioned to win it all and would despite their goaltending imo

Old
09-02-2013, 11:07 AM
dino200022

I would love to see a guy lik Blujus in a Knights uni.

Old
09-02-2013, 11:17 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
IMHO The Spits, who play 13 of their 1st 20 at home, won't deal any top players until those first 20+ games are over. With very inexperienced goaltenders it's a toss up how they'll play. If they start out poorly anyone/everyone should be on the table.With an abundance of good/potentially good forwards outside of their top 9 the Knights should be in the driver's seat no matter who they are looking to deal with unless it's a team who is looking to deal for draft picks.(the only area the Knights have the shorts).
Thanks. Good post, makes sense.

Old
09-02-2013, 11:23 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
No way do the spits do a deal with we can only win the mem cup at home London Knights
And if it does happen it will be Rychel and Seiloff and Vail going to London a blockbuster,providing Horvat does make Vancouver,in one swoop the Knights get a shutdown D with snarl,a 40-50 goal scorer and shutdown center to let Horvat do his thing
The return pcs I have not about it yet
The Knights would be positioned to win it all and would despite their goaltending imo
Lol, gotta get that dig in

Althou I like the idea of one stop shopping, I wouldn't give the Spits as much as they wanted for that deal.
Heck they may even climb outta the bottom 5 in the conference, and challenge again in a year with all Marks great drafted kids headin west

I'd really like Seiloff and what he brings but I don't think we need a Vail. If Broadhurst and Bo return we don't need a Kirby type.
All 3 are very good players thou and should be moved if the Spits struggle

And for the record I do think 1 and maybe 2 knights get a sniff at the show sending fans into a panic. Both come back thou (I hope) If not good on them and maybe Mark does for a Kirby type.

Old
09-02-2013, 11:32 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Lol, gotta get that dig in

Althou I like the idea of one stop shopping, I wouldn't give the Spits as much as they wanted for that deal.
Heck they may even climb outta the bottom 5 in the conference, and challenge again in a year with all Marks great drafted kids headin west

I'd really like Seiloff and what he brings but I don't think we need a Vail. If Broadhurst and Bo return we don't need a Kirby type.
All 3 are very good players thou and should be moved if the Spits struggle

And for the record I do think 1 and maybe 2 knights get a sniff at the show sending fans into a panic. Both come back thou (I hope) If not good on them and maybe Mark does for a Kirby type.
Would not have put in the dig except for the lowly spitfire remark by poster
You guys had Broadhurst and Horvat last yr and u could not score 5 on 5 in the mem cup,what is different this yr,a team cannot have enough scoring when in that tourney
That coupled with poor goaltending last yr the last game not withstanding,and the year before except for Houser in ability to score was a killer,better use of O?As the last 2 years as well,Martin and the unused Hishon in 2012,and having only 2 O/As last yr was poor asset management by Hunter,its time most London fans admit instead of just a couple
This year better be different,no need to have a guy like Leroux as an O/A until maybe Nov,then gas him,waste of a spot

Old
09-02-2013, 11:35 AM
chewerjones

Hey London fans,

As a OHL fan, I envy your team and vast amount of depth.

Saying that, I think the Hunters would be wrong to trade away their future- Marner.

They have enough key 3rd liners on their team (1st and 2nd liners on most other teams) to trade and secure key pieces.

They need a top end goalie, in case Stolarz fails. They need a stud, puck moving dman , and another top sniper.

I would try and trade for only Palazzese, Ekblad or Monahan. Anyone else would not really compliment your team or make a significant difference. Spencer Martin is a great goalie, but he will not play 2nd string. Nedeljivok is a great goalie, but again, he wont play 2nd string (maybe, cause he is young and wants to play in Mem Cup), and Gaunce doesn't play a Hunter style game. He is an avg skater that doesn't hit or fight, and only feeds off other great playmakers.

You either do it right, or don't waste your time.

I envy your problems. LOL

Old
09-02-2013, 11:45 AM
poisonivy
05, 12, 13 Champs

Quote:
Hunter won't mortgage his future for a rental. He just doesn't work that way, the last time he dealt a 1st rounder was Christian Thomas in the DelZotto trade. Moves will be made...and a few jaws will drop. A see 1 or 2 core guys moving and outside prospects. The list I gave earlier is just a starting point. I don't see Mark moving Marner for any price...but I've been wrong before.
I think Hunter has changed his mind a bit and doesn't mortage the future as much as he would in the past. That doesn't mean they won't make big move this year that would be sacrificing future for present. It's very unlikely Marner gets dealt, but people were surprised when Logan Hunter and Rick Steadman were dealt. Same as when Windsor traded Austin Watson.

Old
09-02-2013, 11:51 AM
aresknights

Thanks Chewer and agree with Marner. I really hope they hang onto him.

HL makes me
So in Spits forum it's all optimism that with a year of exp your players should take a step forward but with Knights it's "they couldn't do it last year" so they need help lol.
I agree they came up short but in doing so they've also allowed for a third straight Memorial Cup shot. An OT lose in the finals and last year Halifax wasnt going to be beat even if we added Sir Rychel, superstar Vail, along with Gibson. And wed a been pooched this year.
Not a bad run . Not as good as winning two straight but ill take it as a fan

Old
09-02-2013, 11:58 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Whether the Knights want it or not..'05 is the litmus tester. This team will be compared to that team at every angle. Look at the moves the Knights made in 05 to an already strong lineup.

Drew Larman - integral piece as a shutdown center and top face off man. Who did the Knights give up for him? Mathis Olimb

Dan Fritsche - This one dropped some jaws. Deadline acquisition

Adam Dennis - The Hunter's knew Dennis was the one player they couldn't beat. They knew Guelph with Dennis had a very good opportunity of an upset if they met in the 1st round. If you can't beat him..get him.

Dan Girardi - under rated and one of the biggest keys that season. Amazing d-man.

Bryan Rodney

This year's team is going to have to make some deals..but maybe not as many as the 05 team did in order to succeed. Let's not kid ourselves...someone who contributed the past 2 years is gonna be moved.

Old
09-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Starry Knight
A New Hope

I think the Knights should stand pat with the two goalies we have. Stolarz is a high quality goalie who just got tired out by the more demanding schedule of the OHL (The entire team seemed tired at the mem cup last to be honest). Patterson is a good enough goalie to be a decent starter in the OHL but a great backup to have. Our limited assets need to be used to upgrade our defence.

Old
09-02-2013, 12:09 PM
poisonivy
05, 12, 13 Champs

Quote:
Whether the Knights want it or not..'05 is the litmus tester. This team will be compared to that team at every angle. Look at the moves the Knights made in 05 to an already strong lineup.

Drew Larman - integral piece as a shutdown center and top face off man. Who did the Knights give up for him? Mathis Olimb

Dan Fritsche - This one dropped some jaws. Deadline acquisition

Adam Dennis - The Hunter's knew Dennis was the one player they couldn't beat. They knew Guelph with Dennis had a very good opportunity of an upset if they met in the 1st round. If you can't beat him..get him.

Dan Girardi - under rated and one of the biggest keys that season. Amazing d-man.

Bryan Rodney

This year's team is going to have to make some deals..but maybe not as many as the 05 team did in order to succeed. Let's not kid ourselves...someone who contributed the past 2 years is gonna be moved.
No kidding, and that team was 34-2 in January 2005 and stilll went out and got a high end forward, D and goalie. Should be an exciting time up to the deadline to see what Hunter has up his sleeve.

Old
09-02-2013, 12:11 PM
shootscores

First of all, is it official that Griffith is not coming back? Most on here have totally dismissed him. I am not totally convinced since Boston has a strong farm club of forwards.
Second. Wow, what an enviable position to be in as a coach and manager. If everyone comes back from camp the forwards look something like :
Domi -Horvat - McCarran
Tierney - Welychka - Anderson
M Rupert - R Rupert - Broadhurst
R Elie - Marner - Platzer
Dvorak - MacDonald - Jammes
Leroux as a forward or Dman

We all know that these lines and or positions will change from shift to shift but just glancing at this lineup tells me there are a lot of players going to be given lesser roles than they should get this year . I see Elie as one that deserves better as does Platzer, and Leroux if he is still on this team as an OA player he will need a bigger role whether that is on forward or on defense as he is listed right now. I see a forth line as a line that are pluggers, PK experts. Right now I see 1st and 2nd line players stuck on 4th or 5th line duties. Other teams should be salivating at this opportunity to trade for these players. I just feel that MacDonald and Jammes will be traded away over a Dvorak and Marner who's future is more likely with this team.
I worry the most about losing Elie who I think is\will be a beast for us in order to get a top notch Dman but that is who I think will be the sacrificial forward to make the trade happen.

Trade scenarios - If Herbst comes back and is ready to be the goalie we expect/ hope of him, trade Patterson or Stolarz for 2 2nd round picks (as was suggested earlier) then package those 2 2nd rounders and Jammes and MacDonald for Austin and Gaunce.

We have to trade from our strength to help our weakness.

Old
09-02-2013, 12:19 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootscores View Post
First of all, is it official that Griffith is not coming back? Most on here have totally dismissed him. I am not totally convinced since Boston has a strong farm club of forwards..
Little write up on Griffith

http://www.sportsmedia101.com/boston...pro-this-year/

Quote:
With a kid like Griffith, and he is still a kid, taking it slow is probably the right approach. Giving him another year in the OHL with specific things to work on might be the best thing for Griffith. After the Knights' season ends, then the Bruins can give Griffith a chance to impress in Providence.
Seems the beat writer has the same feeling

Closed Thread