09-02-2013, 12:56 PM
dino200022

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Little write up on Griffith

http://www.sportsmedia101.com/boston...pro-this-year/

Seems the beat writer has the same feeling
Only real problem with that scenario is when the Knights season is over there is a solid chance so will Providence's season. I can see him sticking for a while(5 to 10 AHL games) then being sent back after the Bruins brass have looked at his game at the pro level.

Old
09-02-2013, 01:34 PM
tjziel

Quote:

Let's not hang our hopes on Griffith coming back. I know there is stuff he needs to work on but like it said in the article there is nothing left to prove in the OHL. And it would be beneficial for him to be up against men, not boys. Yes, he needs to be more defensively aware but that is something he can work on up there if need be. There farm team isn't that loaded. I see him cracking one of the top 3 lines for sure. I'm not bashing because I'm a Knights fan and would love to have him back, but it just makes our over-age situation even more complicated.

Old
09-02-2013, 01:37 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjziel View Post
Let's not hang our hopes on Griffith coming back. I know there is stuff he needs to work on but like it said in the article there is nothing left to prove in the OHL. And it would be beneficial for him to be up against men, not boys. Yes, he needs to be more defensively aware but that is something he can work on up there if need be. There farm team isn't that loaded. I see him cracking one of the top 3 lines for sure. I'm not bashing because I'm a Knights fan and would love to have him back, but it just makes our over-age situation even more complicated.
I don't see him coming back..just found the article and thought I'd pass it on. Broadhurst on the other hand I do see coming back.

Old
09-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Snippit

Quote:
Broadhurst and Griffith would have 2 of the OA spots no matter what.

Sefton vs Leroux for the last spot. Not too complicated.

Old
09-02-2013, 01:51 PM
tjziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snippit View Post
Broadhurst and Griffith would have 2 of the OA spots no matter what.

Sefton vs Leroux for the last spot. Not too complicated.
Yes, but what does get complicated is now we cannot acquire the likes of a Brady Austin or Alex Basso to improve our backend. So who do we pick up then to improve our D?? Jesse Graham, Jordan Subban, or Luke Mercer?? I don't like any of those options because they are all one-dimensional. Chris Bigras is a guy I would go for if thats the case....

Last edited by tjziel: 09-02-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old
09-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Snippit

Quote:
Yes, what does get complicated is now we cannot acquired the likes of a Brady Austin or Alex Basso to improve our backend. So who do we pick up then to improve our D?? Jesse Graham, Jordan Subban, or Luke Mercer?? I don't like any of those options because they are all one-dimensional. Chris Bigras is a guy I would go for if thats the case....
True. I would trade both Sefton and Leroux for whatever return I could get, and acquire one of Basso or Austin.

Although it doesn't seem likely that Griffith will be back.

Old
09-02-2013, 02:12 PM
tjziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snippit View Post
True. I would trade both Sefton and Leroux for whatever return I could get, and acquire one of Basso or Austin.

Although it doesn't seem likely that Griffith will be back.
These are the only teams who haven't filled all their over-age spots, so the most likely place they go is Saginaw, because they will need veteran leadership (players who have won it before) or Belleville as a trade-off for Brady Austin similar to Kevin Raine and Justin Sefton trade last year.

Belleville
Niagara
North Bay
Ottawa
Saginaw
Windsor

Old
09-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
These are the only teams who haven't filled all their over-age spots, so the most likely place they go is Saginaw, because they will need veteran leadership (players who have won it before) or Belleville as a trade-off for Brady Austin similar to Kevin Raine and Justin Sefton trade last year.

Belleville
Niagara
North Bay
Ottawa
Saginaw
Windsor
Saginaw will only need to replace leadership IF Eric Locke sticks in the AHL. And I don't think we'd be after Sefton. More likely that we go for Basso (although he might not fit too well) or Dunnick as a cheaper option that fits better.

Old
09-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:

I've been saying this for over a month now...

Old
09-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
No way do the spits do a deal with we can only win the mem cup at home London Knights
And if it does happen it will be Rychel and Seiloff and Vail going to London a blockbuster,providing Horvat does make Vancouver,in one swoop the Knights get a shutdown D with snarl,a 40-50 goal scorer and shutdown center to let Horvat do his thing
The return pcs I have not about it yet
The Knights would be positioned to win it all and would despite their goaltending imo
In fairness, i always give you respect HL and i referred to the 'lowly spits' on our turf not on your board so chill dude.
As far as what you propose, I would be all over it. I dont see these two franchises making deals...but...if we did it could be one for the ages with the names you mention and what we would have to send back.
Your reasoning in a later post makes sense too.

Old
09-03-2013, 09:22 AM
Crottenham

I understand the Knights wanted DiLorenzo to play Junior B in London area and the family refused, heading back to Port Colborne.....could be a divorce coming here?

Assuming Centorame is firmly entrenched?

Old
09-03-2013, 09:41 AM
tjziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
In fairness, i always give you respect HL and i referred to the 'lowly spits' on our turf not on your board so chill dude.
As far as what you propose, I would be all over it. I dont see these two franchises making deals...but...if we did it could be one for the ages with the names you mention and what we would have to send back.
Your reasoning in a later post makes sense too.
Windsor won't give us Seiloff, they will try to fleece us like they did the Greyhounds when they traded Jack Campbell. And when you think about it, we are kinda log-jammed up front. Assuming Broadhurst come back, and 10% chance Griffith comes back, we are really deep at forward and maybe too deep.

(With Griffith and Broadhurst)
Domi Horvat Griffith
Elie Broadhurst McCarron
Dvorak Tierney Anderson
Rupert Rupert Platzer
Welychka, Marner, MacDonald, Jammes,

(Without Griffith and Broadhurst)

Domi Horvat McCarron
Elie Tierney Anderson
Rupert Rupert Platzer
Dvorak Welychka Marner
Jammes, MacDonald

(With Gaunce, Broadhurst, and Griffith)

Domi Horvat Griffith
Elie Gaunce McCarron
Tierney Broadhurst Anderson
Rupert Rupert Platzer
Welychka, Marner McDonald, Jammes, Dvorak

So for all you people who think Gaunce would be a great addition, which I also think he would be, but are we prepared to have Broadhurst on the second or third line. Marner and Dvorak are our future.

Last edited by tjziel: 09-03-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old
09-03-2013, 11:14 AM
GangGreen

Gaunce will only be needed if Broadhurst and Horvat both stick in the pros.
I think Marner has shown he should playing every game, and I can see him putting up close to Domi numbers in his rookie year if given the same opportunities as Max was.
The ideal forward lines in my world
Broadhurst - Horvat - McCarrron
Domi - Tierney - Anderson
Rupert - Rupert - Marner
Elie - Welychka - Platzer
Dvorak - Jammes - Macdonald

Old
09-03-2013, 11:31 AM
HometownHockey
HFB Partner

London Knights trade Sefton to Saginaw
http://www.ourhometown.ca/hockey/MR0181.php

Old
09-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Looks like I was wrong. Sefton has been traded to Saginaw.

@BrownRecord: Short stay in London for Justin Sefton, shipped to Saginaw for a 15th pick, third and sxith if he plays a game.

Old
09-03-2013, 11:32 AM
HometownHockey
HFB Partner

Knights to be featured on Sportsnet TV Series
http://www.ourhometown.ca/hockey/MR0179.php

Old
09-03-2013, 11:47 AM
hockeylegend11

Just in

Knights trade Justin Sefton to Saginaw,waiting to hear what goes the other way

Old
09-03-2013, 11:51 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Just in

Re Saginaw,with the release of Dalton Youing and maybe Steven Strong going to school
the Spirit were and still are I would thinking looking for help on the D,if they have any hope of competing with the Knights
Not sure is the slow footed Sefton helps,he did not play well in London,sort of knew his days were numbered when he sat at the last mem cup tourney

Old
09-03-2013, 11:57 AM
nelli27

Quote:
Just in

In return, the Knights receive a conditional 15th round pick in 2015. If he plays one regular season game with the Spirit, London receives a 3rd round pick, 2014 (North Bay's) and a 6th round pick, 2014, Saginaw's. I like that return assuming he starts the season in Saginaw.

Sefton's play in London was extremely disappointing. His lack of foot speed made him a defensive liability. Imagine that, the OHL was too fast-paced for him! Only player in hockey history who peaked at the age of 15....I kid!
On the plus side, he showed a willingness to stick up for teammates and he reduced his penalty minutes.
London's OA situation has become more interesting---various scenarios!

Old
09-03-2013, 12:01 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
Re Saginaw,with the release of Dalton Youing and maybe Steven Strong going to school
the Spirit were and still are I would thinking looking for help on the D,if they have any hope of competing with the Knights
Not sure is the slow footed Sefton helps,he did not play well in London,sort of knew his days were numbered when he sat at the last mem cup tourney
Gilbert drafted Orban, and traded for Callaghan and Sefton this offseason. Add in Prophet and I think you can really see the type of D Gilbert wants.

Hopefully the change of scenery does Sefton good.

Old
09-03-2013, 02:13 PM
tjziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
Looks like I was wrong. Sefton has been traded to Saginaw.

“@BrownRecord: Short stay in London for Justin Sefton, shipped to Saginaw for a 15th pick, third and sxith if he plays a game.”
No problem, I had actually no idea in the world that I would actually be right in predicting where he would go! lol! Actually, it's a good pickup for you guys regardless, and great pickup for us considering we got a 3rd rounder if he plays a game so I like it!

Old
09-03-2013, 02:53 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Love the return we got for Sefton. Now all those with disillusions that he would be our shutdown guy replacing Hughes can get on board wih the rest of us in hoping for an acquisition of another top 4 blueliner.

Old
09-03-2013, 03:43 PM
poisonivy
05, 12, 13 Champs

Good trade by Hunter. He's basically admitting a mistake when he traded for him last year when they benched and scratched Sefton in playoffs and cup action last year. If Hunter can squeeze a 3rd and a 6th (both in 2014) for a marginal OA d-man, surely he'll be able to talk a team into trading more for some of the forwards who won't get playing time due to the depth.

Old
09-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelli27 View Post
London's OA situation has become more interesting---various scenarios!
Expand please if you will who would you 'like' to see fill out the spots? I personally would like to see Leroux as one of them. Knowing the Hunter's I bet that Leroux's hard work lunchpail style played into this trade so that he is one of the OA's.

Old
09-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonivy View Post
Good trade by Hunter. He's basically admitting a mistake when he traded for him last year when they benched and scratched Sefton in playoffs and cup action last year. If Hunter can squeeze a 3rd and a 6th (both in 2014) for a marginal OA d-man, surely he'll be able to talk a team into trading more for some of the forwards who won't get playing time due to the depth.
I agree with what you said. The mistake was in asking for Sefton in that trade (for Raine), but Hunter was pissed with Raine and was moving him anyways (although I feel that was a mistake too).

Closed Thread