HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

GTA V Part 2 (17 September 2013) (HF Crew Post 465)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-10-2013, 03:34 PM
  #151
Hurt
Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
If that map is real, this is awesome. The one thing that ruined gta4 for me was the god awful map.
I wouldn't say it RUINED it for me but the driving around the map was difficult because of the way the roads were laid out, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDubiZib View Post
When did this come out?
I believe it's a fan-made map/guess of what it might look like approximately.

__________________
Toronto.
Hurt is offline  
Old
08-10-2013, 03:48 PM
  #152
Fire AV
#FreeMcIlrath
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 19,972
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
I wouldn't say it RUINED it for me but the driving around the map was difficult because of the way the roads were laid out, in my opinion.
It was actually quiet realistic in road layout. Which unfortunately sucks in New York

Although I will never forget the first time I drove through the recreation of my neighborhood at the time.

http://gta.wikia.com/Meadow_Hills

My though process was amazing: "Wow, this part of the map looks different. Kinda like my neighborhood. It's even got the same kind of railroad station. Wait a second. This place is called Meadow Hills. I live in Forest Hills... Holy ****!"

And yes, it is indeed a Jewish neighborhood.

Fire AV is offline  
Old
08-10-2013, 04:25 PM
  #153
Sacha Baron Corbin
Registered User
 
Sacha Baron Corbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 9,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
I believe Rockstar said that the map will be bigger than GTA IV, San Andreas and Red Dead Redemption combined.
That's crazy, San Andreas and Red Dead both had huge maps, is Rockstar going to release a demo or anything? I'm dying to get my hands on some version of this

Sacha Baron Corbin is online now  
Old
08-10-2013, 04:34 PM
  #154
robert terwilliger
the bart, the
 
robert terwilliger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: sw florida
Country: United States
Posts: 22,257
vCash: 500
i liked the gta map and just used the gps whenever i had to go somewhere.

robert terwilliger is offline  
Old
08-10-2013, 05:52 PM
  #155
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User
 
Doctor Drej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Quiet Room
Country: United States
Posts: 10,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
this is the best thing ever.

Doctor Drej is offline  
Old
08-10-2013, 06:14 PM
  #156
Everlasting
Registered User
 
Everlasting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Somwhere in time
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,155
vCash: 500
It is not really that huge.

GTA SA was like 13ish square miles.

Just Cause 2 is arond 400 square miles.

Perspective.

Everlasting is offline  
Old
08-10-2013, 06:18 PM
  #157
Hurt
Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
That was way funnier than it should have been.

Hurt is offline  
Old
08-10-2013, 08:12 PM
  #158
Nullus Reverentia
Registered User
 
Nullus Reverentia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Periphery
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 17,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
It is not really that huge.

GTA SA was like 13ish square miles.

Just Cause 2 is arond 400 square miles.

Perspective.
Done with cloned environments. Probably has less hand crafted environments than GTA III. The 23 or so square miles GTA V is supposed to be is all hand crafted environments. Even when models are reused, they're hand placed and changed so it all looks different. That's far more impressive than games like Just Cause II. It's a good game, but the size of the game is nothing to be extremely impressed about. It is in GTA.

Nullus Reverentia is offline  
Old
08-10-2013, 08:39 PM
  #159
Patchey*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gaylord, Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 12,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
Yeah I don't know how any of you think the GTA IV map was hard to learn. It was probably the easiest to learn of any GTA game.
I knew it like the back of my ****

Patchey* is offline  
Old
08-11-2013, 03:57 AM
  #160
Everlasting
Registered User
 
Everlasting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Somwhere in time
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
Done with cloned environments. Probably has less hand crafted environments than GTA III. The 23 or so square miles GTA V is supposed to be is all hand crafted environments. Even when models are reused, they're hand placed and changed so it all looks different. That's far more impressive than games like Just Cause II. It's a good game, but the size of the game is nothing to be extremely impressed about. It is in GTA.
I disagree. I have been roaming around on JC2 a lot, sure many of the enviroments look the same, becuse it's a tropical island! But nothing is cloned. There are a lot of variation to it and you always see new stuff in it.

Everlasting is offline  
Old
08-11-2013, 09:00 AM
  #161
Nullus Reverentia
Registered User
 
Nullus Reverentia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Periphery
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 17,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
I disagree. I have been roaming around on JC2 a lot, sure many of the enviroments look the same, becuse it's a tropical island! But nothing is cloned. There are a lot of variation to it and you always see new stuff in it.
It is cloned. You can't have a game that big, on one disc, without cloned environments. They picked an environment where one wouldn't notice the repetitiveness as much. It also would have taken forever to hand place everything, or hand edit everything like they're doing in GTA V.

You should have variation in cloned environments, but it's still cloned. I would bet there's about 5 or 6 square miles of hand placed environments in Just Cause 2, in GTA V there's almost 25. That's why there's a second install disc of 8 GB.

Nullus Reverentia is offline  
Old
08-11-2013, 10:44 AM
  #162
Hurt
Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,775
vCash: 500
I wonder when they'll come out with the 'Multiplayer Gameplay' video.

Hurt is offline  
Old
08-11-2013, 01:22 PM
  #163
chasespace
Registered User
 
chasespace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Williston, FL
Posts: 8,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
I wonder when they'll come out with the 'Multiplayer Gameplay' video.
The last trailer just said "soon". Probably a month or so before release so sometime this week.

chasespace is online now  
Old
08-11-2013, 03:03 PM
  #164
blueandgoldguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Greg's River Heights
Posts: 2,541
vCash: 500
With the size of this game, I wonder how many copies will have to be sold to break even?

My guess would be 12 million or so at the full retail price of $59.99 especially with all the advertising that's sure to come next month. Shouldn't be a problem though. The last GTA sold approx. 22 million copies with a much smaller install base. I can see GTA V selling 15 - 20 million copies at full price and 25 million copies overall between the Xbox360, PS3 and PC (when that eventually comes out).

blueandgoldguy is offline  
Old
08-11-2013, 04:10 PM
  #165
Nullus Reverentia
Registered User
 
Nullus Reverentia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Periphery
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 17,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
With the size of this game, I wonder how many copies will have to be sold to break even?

My guess would be 12 million or so at the full retail price of $59.99 especially with all the advertising that's sure to come next month. Shouldn't be a problem though. The last GTA sold approx. 22 million copies with a much smaller install base. I can see GTA V selling 15 - 20 million copies at full price and 25 million copies overall between the Xbox360, PS3 and PC (when that eventually comes out).
They'd likely break even on one or two million copies sold. 12 million copies at $60 a piece is over 700 million dollars. The most expensive game ever to produce wasn't even at $200,000,000. There might be a budget between $80,000,000 and $120,000,000, with advertising costs between $40-50,000,000 but that's about it. The game is likely going to sell between 25 and 30 million copies. They'll break even by the end of October.

Nullus Reverentia is offline  
Old
08-11-2013, 05:51 PM
  #166
Z0S0
Gomie is my Homie
 
Z0S0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Campbellford
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,189
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Z0S0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
They'd likely break even on one or two million copies sold. 12 million copies at $60 a piece is over 700 million dollars. The most expensive game ever to produce wasn't even at $200,000,000. There might be a budget between $80,000,000 and $120,000,000, with advertising costs between $40-50,000,000 but that's about it. The game is likely going to sell between 25 and 30 million copies. They'll break even by the end of October.
You have to remember though that they don't get the full $60 from every purchase, money goes to the retailer and such also.

Z0S0 is offline  
Old
08-11-2013, 06:39 PM
  #167
Nullus Reverentia
Registered User
 
Nullus Reverentia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Periphery
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 17,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0S0 View Post
You have to remember though that they don't get the full $60 from every purchase, money goes to the retailer and such also.
Fine, 600 million instead of over 700. Still, they're going to break even after a couple million sold.

Nullus Reverentia is offline  
Old
08-11-2013, 07:53 PM
  #168
Scottyk9
Henrique to Hall..
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West of Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 27,733
vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
if i remember right the dev's get 20$ per 60 dollar game sold. The publisher gets the most. the retailer the least

Scottyk9 is offline  
Old
08-11-2013, 09:28 PM
  #169
chasespace
Registered User
 
chasespace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Williston, FL
Posts: 8,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
if i remember right the dev's get 20$ per 60 dollar game sold. The publisher gets the most. the retailer the least
Take2 completely owns Rockstar so the company as a whole would be getting most of the money. They'll break even in the first week, possibly make a profit.

chasespace is online now  
Old
08-11-2013, 10:15 PM
  #170
Nullus Reverentia
Registered User
 
Nullus Reverentia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Periphery
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 17,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
if i remember right the dev's get 20$ per 60 dollar game sold. The publisher gets the most. the retailer the least
Well Rockstar is their own publisher so they pocket that money. Take-Two probably takes 5-15% as they're the parent.

Still, as publishers pay for most of the develoment costs, it really doesn't matter anyway.

Nullus Reverentia is offline  
Old
08-12-2013, 08:34 AM
  #171
Reclamation Project
Why don't you just..
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 31,433
vCash: 500
Online gameplay trailer will be revealed this Thursday.

Reclamation Project is offline  
Old
08-12-2013, 05:41 PM
  #172
Hurt
Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Online gameplay trailer will be revealed this Thursday.


Hurray! I bet it's action packed.

Hurt is offline  
Old
08-13-2013, 12:40 PM
  #173
Heisenberg77
Registered User
 
Heisenberg77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 13,194
vCash: 500
New interactive travelogue posted on the official website.

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/

Heisenberg77 is offline  
Old
08-13-2013, 01:35 PM
  #174
Hurt
Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,775
vCash: 500
So there's cars to be purchased but is there anywhere to park the cars? Like can you park them at properties you own or a lot or something and they'll still be there when you come back?

Hurt is offline  
Old
08-13-2013, 02:33 PM
  #175
Fire AV
#FreeMcIlrath
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 19,972
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
So there's cars to be purchased but is there anywhere to park the cars? Like can you park them at properties you own or a lot or something and they'll still be there when you come back?
That'll be interesting. San Andreas had garages, but the cars were physically there. You could fit as many as you physically could, and there was only the one car. If you took it out, it was out.

In Saints Row, any car you customize has infinite copies you can get from your garage

Fire AV is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.