HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCSF Gm#5: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/23/13 - Shutown Win! Three Down, One to GO! GO KINGS!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-24-2013, 02:06 PM
  #151
Ollie Weeks
First In, Last Out
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Giant Head View Post
This team is going to go up there with the 91-94' Kings team...maybe even higher with the cup win. I'd go on a limb to say our best team ever...
I think that's becoming pretty evident, too.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 02:06 PM
  #152
MsMeow
Registered User
 
MsMeow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,263
vCash: 500
I've been really impressed with Carter hitting people. Yeah, sometimes the hits result in penalties but for someone who rarely finishes his checks during the regular season he's really pounding guys now.

Also, for all the *****ing in the GDT about Voynov, he was TSN's player of the game yesterday.

MsMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 02:12 PM
  #153
Raccoon Jesus
Moderator
Offense Like Girardi
 
Raccoon Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 26,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Giant Head View Post
This team is going to go up there with the 91-94' Kings team...maybe even higher with the cup win. I'd go on a limb to say our best team ever...
"The Great One" couldn't bring a cup to L.A...but "The Dirty One" could

Raccoon Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 02:13 PM
  #154
SLang
Registered User
 
SLang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 3,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The key for the Sharks is the man advantage. If the Kings manage to stay out of the box on Sunday, their chances are good. They also figured out how to beat Thornton on faceoffs, which is to tie his god damned stick.
Agreed, and if we do take a penalty, let there be a reason for it mostly relating to eliminating a clear scoring chance. No more plays like Carter's silly charging call on that icing last night.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 02:16 PM
  #155
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 40,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
Agreed, and if we do take a penalty, let there be a reason for it mostly relating to eliminating a clear scoring chance. No more plays like Carter's silly charging call on that icing last night.
I didn't like that call, and it's mainly due to the late whistle and late indication of an icing. Either Carter didn't hear it or the ref was late in making that determination. Carter isn't the type who is going to take an irresponsible penalty like that. But I do like that he's finishing his checks as another poster above mentioned. He wrecked another Sharks player later on. Maybe seeing Penner bulldoze his way through players is rubbing off.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 02:16 PM
  #156
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France
 
savemefromtears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: City of Angels
Country: United States
Posts: 2,391
vCash: 500
Boy, did we miss Greener.

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 02:33 PM
  #157
SettlementRichie10
Registered User
 
SettlementRichie10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The key for the Sharks is the man advantage. If the Kings manage to stay out of the box on Sunday, their chances are good. They also figured out how to beat Thornton on faceoffs, which is to tie his god damned stick.
Well, I wouldn't go that far. Thornton still won 20 of 27 faceoffs last night. Don't get much more dominant than that.

SettlementRichie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 02:34 PM
  #158
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
 
Puck U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Apple Valley, CA.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Also, for all the *****ing in the GDT about Voynov, he was TSN's player of the game yesterday.
Meh ... don't you get it ... the more we down play him and point out his flaws, the lower his next Contract demands will be ? true story

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 02:41 PM
  #159
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
 
Puck U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Apple Valley, CA.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Well, I wouldn't go that far. Thornton still won 20 of 27 faceoffs last night. Don't get much more dominant than that.
Yep Jumbo Joe was actually 65% (13/20) on FO's in Game #3, 67% (12/18) on FO's in Game #4 ... and 69% (20/27) Last night in Game #5 ... so he's actually gotten BETTER. so much for Ziggy Stardust's "Professional Hockey Analysis"

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 02:52 PM
  #160
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 40,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Yep Jumbo Joe was actually 65% (13/20) on FO's in Game #3, 67% (12/18) on FO's in Game #4 ... and 69% (20/27) Last night in Game #5 ... so he's actually gotten BETTER. so much for Ziggy Stardust's "Professional Hockey Analysis"
It's the eye test, the Kings won big faceoffs against Joe that led to big moments, such as Voynov's goal, and a late faceoff that the Kings won. And as Sutter has said, you guys (and reporters) will focus on the numbers, but I didn't see the Sharks as being much of a threat last night after faceoff wins, and that was due to how they managed to recover after faceoff losses (according to the stat sheet).

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 02:56 PM
  #161
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oak Brook, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 18,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
You really are something else.
What do you dispute about what I said? I was being complimentary to your boy and how he played last night. Man some of you FlyKings fans are really sensitive.

When Kopitar and Richards show up this team is extremely difficult to beat with the way Quick stops pucks. If the Kings score more than one goal most nights they are going to win. Quick is the best player in the world, he just needs a little but of help, last night he got alot and that's a good thing.

If the Kings get play like that on Sunday they will win, even with the game in SJ, that's all I was saying

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 02:59 PM
  #162
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oak Brook, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 18,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
If Sharks and their staff are dirty and planned to take Stoll out to gain an advantage in this series and I SAID IFthat meaning I don't think they are but if there was a slightest little possibility they were then their next target would be Quick. So I really hope there won't be any ridiculous happenings involving Quick in next game.

Btw; WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!!! Please bring that to the next game, hitting forecheck gap controll absolutely no time for Sharks to set it up. And Lewis is my kind of guy- all heart no giving up. I love that kind of mentality...who doesn't
If the Sharks were targeting a Kings player for I jury it would be Kopitar, Quick, Doughty, Richards or someone like that.

Torres is a pretty big loss for them to, Galiardi is awful.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 03:17 PM
  #163
sinister6000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 241
vCash: 500
The kings should end this series in san jose, if they do they can get some rest. And hopfuly get Stoll back for the next series.

sinister6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 03:20 PM
  #164
Slycer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 726
vCash: 500
So nice, going on a three day hiatus with a 3-2 lead. Shudder at the thought of being down 3-2 with all this time to maull.

Slycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 03:34 PM
  #165
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
 
alpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sweden and Slovenia
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 4,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
If the Sharks were targeting a Kings player for I jury it would be Kopitar, Quick, Doughty, Richards or someone like that.

Torres is a pretty big loss for them to, Galiardi is awful.
I take that as you agree. IMO Quick is the biggest obstacle for them.

BTW an idiot for an idiot-Torres - Galliardi

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 03:49 PM
  #166
KingKopitar11*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I've been really impressed with Carter hitting people. Yeah, sometimes the hits result in penalties but for someone who rarely finishes his checks during the regular season he's really pounding guys now.

Also, for all the *****ing in the GDT about Voynov, he was TSN's player of the game yesterday.
I remember people talking about one hit Carter threw that was really big, Do you know when it was? I didn't see the hit.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 04:28 PM
  #167
123slam
Registered User
 
123slam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Giant Head View Post
This team is going to go up there with the 91-94' Kings team...maybe even higher with the cup win. I'd go on a limb to say our best team ever...
Go out on a limb?

We are by far the best Kings team ever assembled. And it's so ****ing beautiful I shed a tear in my sleep every night.

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 04:31 PM
  #168
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oak Brook, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 18,075
vCash: 500
Quick has a really good chance to go down as the greatest King of all time. He just has that aura about him, the same way Roy, Jordan, Brady etc. do. It's pretty amazing what he is doing the last two playoffs, and I don't think any of us will truly appreciate it until he is gone and we can look back on it.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 04:41 PM
  #169
Vamos Rafa
Registered User
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Armenia, California
Country: Spain
Posts: 13,739
vCash: 500
Wow, last night's game wasn't even talked about on Around the Horn and PTI. They bothered talking about Hawks-Wings and Bruins-Rangers. ****ing East Coast.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 04:55 PM
  #170
Raccoon Jesus
Moderator
Offense Like Girardi
 
Raccoon Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 26,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
Wow, last night's game wasn't even talked about on Around the Horn and PTI. They bothered talking about Hawks-Wings and Bruins-Rangers. ****ing East Coast.
Yup there's virtually no west coast talk on any sports networks/shows unless Kobe is involved.

Wait, I have an idea...any of you guys ever seen Sudden Death?

Raccoon Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 05:09 PM
  #171
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 21,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Yup there's virtually no west coast talk on any sports networks/shows unless Kobe is involved.

Wait, I have an idea...any of you guys ever seen Sudden Death?
Even the promos on NBCSN/NBC are all for the Hawks-Wings and Bruins-Rangers series. You'd think these were the final 4 the way they've been promoted.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 05:15 PM
  #172
Willard
Kings All The Way
 
Willard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Just Off Highway 1
Posts: 2,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I've been really impressed with Carter hitting people. Yeah, sometimes the hits result in penalties but for someone who rarely finishes his checks during the regular season he's really pounding guys now.

Also, for all the *****ing in the GDT about Voynov, he was TSN's player of the game yesterday.
Voynov has had two recent shots (last night's goal and the other one tipped by Richards) with lots of traffic where it would seem impossible to sneak it in, but he did anyway.

When the Sharks give Voynov that kind of space to get off his shot, he can really pinpoint it.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 05:25 PM
  #173
Ron*
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 16,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard View Post
Voynov has had two recent shots (last night's goal and the other one tipped by Richards) with lots of traffic where it would seem impossible to sneak it in, but he did anyway.

When the Sharks give Voynov that kind of space to get off his shot, he can really pinpoint it.
I've noticed in the playoffs Voynov has basically quit sending in that soft "shot-pass" type of puck and has just moved in and shot it.

It's working. He will soon set the all-time playoff record for goals by a Kings' defenseman. Kudos to him.

Hopefully as soon as Sunday.

Ron* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 05:28 PM
  #174
Raccoon Jesus
Moderator
Offense Like Girardi
 
Raccoon Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 26,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
Even the promos on NBCSN/NBC are all for the Hawks-Wings and Bruins-Rangers series. You'd think these were the final 4 the way they've been promoted.
Well, it reminded me heavily of the other day. My girlfriend and I were joking around about how everyone BUT the Penguins were playing but they'd find a way to sneak in a longer segment on Crosby than the Kings. Lo and behold...

Raccoon Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 05:41 PM
  #175
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,049
vCash: 500
But did you guys know that if anyone in the media wants to blame Brad Richards that Tortarella says they can kiss his ass? That was big breaking news last night and had to be repeated in the 1st intermission, 2nd intermission, and post game.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.