HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

carpentier and soury

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2003, 04:25 PM
caper13

vCash: 500
carpentier and soury

carpentier and soury were in a scrap tonight hope they kicked ass 0score after 2

Old
09-26-2003, 05:28 PM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by caper13
carpentier and soury were in a scrap tonight hope they kicked ass 0score after 2
Did either of them win their respective fights?

Old
09-26-2003, 05:34 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphotic
Did either of them win their respective fights?
I know that Souray did, dunno about Carpentier...

Old
09-26-2003, 05:46 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
I know that Souray did, dunno about Carpentier...
From what I heard over CJAD Souray knocked the lights out of the other guy (good news for his wrist) and Carpentier got knocked out hard by O'Donnel (sp?) I beleive. Don't know if it was in a fight or just a check though.

Old
09-26-2003, 05:48 PM
pblc

I listened to the game on the CJAD (Montreal) internet broadcast.......according to them Souray won his bout........Carpentier lost to Odonnell........but according to them Odonnell blindsided Carpentier.......I didn't see it, so I can't comment.

P.S. Caper13.......I like the username...........Cape Breton.......gods country.

Old
09-26-2003, 06:23 PM
Mike8

Who did Souray fight?

I'm glad he's back. One of my favourites. Fourth most important player on this club in my mind!

Old
09-26-2003, 06:39 PM
Boutmania

Send a message via AIM to Boutmania Send a message via Yahoo to Boutmania
The first Carpentier fight was against Doll I think. I saw the fight on news, Carpentier did well. He threw some good punchs without receiving big punchs.

As for Sourray , he totally kicked the other player ass...

Old
09-26-2003, 06:41 PM
caper13

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper
I listened to the game on the CJAD (Montreal) internet broadcast.......according to them Souray won his bout........Carpentier lost to Odonnell........but according to them Odonnell blindsided Carpentier.......I didn't see it, so I can't comment.

P.S. Caper13.......I like the username...........Cape Breton.......gods country.
thanks man you said it.

Old
09-26-2003, 06:45 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Who did Souray fight?

I'm glad he's back. One of my favourites. Fourth most important player on this club in my mind!
He's number 2 in my book!

Old
09-26-2003, 07:32 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
He's number 2 in my book!
I had him pegged behind Markov, Koivu, Theodore. Who would you drop off?

I could do without the rest of the club outside of those four come to think of it.

Old
09-26-2003, 08:26 PM
Habs

Quote:
I had him pegged behind Markov, Koivu, Theodore. Who would you drop off?

I could do without the rest of the club outside of those four come to think of it.
I have Koivu, Souray,Markov and Theo at the top of my list as well, in that order.

I'm becoming quite partial to Zednik as well.

The rest of the team (rookies excluded) could be traded with no tears on my end.

Old
09-26-2003, 08:32 PM
Mike8

Quote:
I have Koivu, Souray,Markov and Theo at the top of my list as well, in that order.

I'm becoming quite partial to Zednik as well.

The rest of the team (rookies excluded) could be traded with no tears on my end.
I wouldn't mind dealing Zednik if the return was good. The four players mentioned, I would mind being dealt.

How do you like Bulis and Sundstrom on the team, in the short and long term?

Why do you have Souray ahead of Markov and Theo by the way?

Old
09-26-2003, 09:27 PM
Habs

Quote:
I wouldn't mind dealing Zednik if the return was good. The four players mentioned, I would mind being dealt.

How do you like Bulis and Sundstrom on the team, in the short and long term?

Why do you have Souray ahead of Markov and Theo by the way?
Bulis is an enigma. He has the tools to be a real solid player, on both ends of the rink. I would like to see him exposed to all situations this season.

However, he seems to lack the drive to make it to the next level. Perhaps its the fact he has had some injury problems, and being traded as a young player can slow development. He could be an excellent player for years to come... perhaps a Mike Keane, minus the grit.

Sundstrom ... I have no use for him. Its not that he is a terrible hockey player, its just that we could utilize some youth for a defensive player. Perhaps a player with more grit and toughness. Essentially, Bulis and Sundstrom are the same players.

Sundstrom would be a good fit on a veteran team. I'm not sure Montreal is the correct environment for him. Sundstrom would be an appropriate fit in Montreal, if we never had Juneau, Dackell, Bulis etc.

As for Souray, I followed his career in the WHL quite a bit. He had outstanding character on the ice, and off. He's a player 29 other teams wish they had. He is so solid in his own end, clears the net.. sticks up for his teamates... I like that.

Old
09-27-2003, 07:22 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Bulis is an enigma. He has the tools to be a real solid player, on both ends of the rink. I would like to see him exposed to all situations this season.

However, he seems to lack the drive to make it to the next level. Perhaps its the fact he has had some injury problems, and being traded as a young player can slow development. He could be an excellent player for years to come... perhaps a Mike Keane, minus the grit.

Sundstrom ... I have no use for him. Its not that he is a terrible hockey player, its just that we could utilize some youth for a defensive player. Perhaps a player with more grit and toughness. Essentially, Bulis and Sundstrom are the same players.

Sundstrom would be a good fit on a veteran team. I'm not sure Montreal is the correct environment for him. Sundstrom would be an appropriate fit in Montreal, if we never had Juneau, Dackell, Bulis etc.

As for Souray, I followed his career in the WHL quite a bit. He had outstanding character on the ice, and off. He's a player 29 other teams wish they had. He is so solid in his own end, clears the net.. sticks up for his teamates... I like that.
I agree Sundstrom's role is redundant on this club. But I think he excels at his role better than anyone else, and is cheaper to boot. Dackell and Juneau proved to be entirely useless last season. I find Bulis to be average defensively five on five, maybe a bit above average. Sundstrom was fantastic defensively for Montreal, in my opinion. He is also versatile and would be a good player to pair up with youngsters, as he is good with the fundamental parts of the game.

At the end of this season, Dackell and Juneau's contracts are up. As well as Perreault's. I would expect Bulis to play top 6 forward minutes, while Sundstrom maintains his 3rd line, PKer role and is the only forward that fits this role perfectly.

If there's more grit added throughout the lineup, Sundstrom fits in well IMO.

Old
09-27-2003, 07:55 AM
bb_fan

I missed the first peroid, but Souray dropped darren van oene, a pest, but not a fighter, nothing to big there, and in a melle in front of the becnhes,, Odonnell dropped Carpentier a bit harder, he went to the room for help.

couldnt see it all clearlly, to many players, but i dont think it was a 'blindsidng' by od at all.

Closed Thread