HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Joel Quenneville (part II)

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2013, 09:02 AM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
So Bickell having a career playoffs, and Hammer playing out of his mind for the most part, along with Keith making a comeback while Crawford comes into his own is because of Q's coaching?

If so why wasn't Bickell on the PP?

The reason the Hawks have gone deep is not due to any strategy put in place by Q, if you disagree, name that strategy.
You don't have to tell me, I'm not the one that said this team is not a cup contender and couldn't make a good run if our goalie was good. I knew this team was good, everyone else thought it was crap including you.

So either you were wrong (which you wouldn't admit) or Q has done a great job with the group he was given.

Which is it?

Also, you are always blaming Q for players declining in their game, or not playing up to their potential (Stalberg), but if guys suddenly improve, or reach their potential, you don't give Q any credit at all.

That's this board in a nutshell for a lot of posters.

Just like Bowman before, when he drafts good players, it's all because of his assistants and scouting staff, but when he was an assistant, it was all Dale Tallon.

Last edited by Hawkaholic: 06-19-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old
06-19-2013, 09:13 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Q did a great job up until the SCF when he fixed the unbroken lines. He should have tried them out first, and then if they didn't work, fix them.

Old
06-19-2013, 09:17 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
Q did a great job up until the SCF when he fixed the unbroken lines. He should have tried them out first, and then if they didn't work, fix them.
They worked great in Game 1 ..

The players stopped showing up after Game 2 period 1 though. Got scarred because of some hitting.

Old
06-19-2013, 09:32 AM
Hawkscap

Quote:
Did you watch the first 4 games vs Detroit?

Old
06-19-2013, 10:09 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
You don't have to tell me, I'm not the one that said this team is not a cup contender and couldn't make a good run if our goalie was good. I knew this team was good, everyone else thought it was crap including you.

So either you were wrong (which you wouldn't admit) or Q has done a great job with the group he was given.

Which is it?

Also, you are always blaming Q for players declining in their game, or not playing up to their potential (Stalberg), but if guys suddenly improve, or reach their potential, you don't give Q any credit at all.

Just like Bowman before, when he drafts good players, it's all because of his assistants and scouting staff, but when he was an assistant, it was all Dale Tallon.
My doubts also included Hossa not coming back (hurt right now btw), Sharp recovering from his wrist issues, which became shoulder issues and Crawford being better than he has.

It came together and here they are.

Tell me what part Q had in that?

Old
06-19-2013, 10:13 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
They worked great in Game 1 ..

The players stopped showing up after Game 2 period 1 though. Got scarred because of some hitting.
I wouldn't really say they worked great in game 1. We got through game 1, but it was far from working great. We have seen the lines look much better than they did in game 1.

And in regards to Detroit series, Q adjusted well when we got behind, so that is what good coaches do. Hopefully he does the same thing tonight and makes the right adjustments.

Old
06-19-2013, 10:16 AM
ChitownDoctor

Quote:

Which is it?

The only thing I'll blame Q for is his ridiculous lines and part of the PP (other being lack of effort it seems?). Just give the players the best chance to win. That's all i ask

Old
06-19-2013, 10:22 AM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

It all comes down to him putting this team in the best position to succeed (as has been mentioned ad nauseam). He has failed miserably in that aspect consistently when it matters and the team has won in spite of him.

Obviously the chances that he is here next season are pretty high; all I ask at this point is for both of his buffoon assistants to get the axe and for the team to bring in some actual NHL quality coaches to help fix the mess that is the PP.

Old
06-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Hawkscap

Quote:
I wouldn't really say they worked great in game 1. We got through game 1, but it was far from working great. We have seen the lines look much better than they did in game 1.

And in regards to Detroit series, Q adjusted well when we got behind, so that is what good coaches do. Hopefully he does the same thing tonight and makes the right adjustments.
Kind of like how Scotty bailed him out in 2010.

Old
06-19-2013, 10:35 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
My doubts also included Hossa not coming back (hurt right now btw), Sharp recovering from his wrist issues, which became shoulder issues and Crawford being better than he has.

Forget it MM.. you’re just wasting your time. He’s a Q/Stan supporter for life, until they get fired and then, that too, will be a good move. This franchise does nothing wrong in his eyes.

The recent words of Glen Sather spoke volumes: “Every NHL coach has a shelf life. I tell that to every coach I hire”. It’s generally true for a good number of GM’s as well, it just takes longer to fester. Q’s shelf life will likely be extended after this season only because we got to the finals, but it would be a large mistake to extend him beyond another year. Rocky would be just throwing his money away should he extend his contract beyond that. And. IMO, he (or Stan) should insist that Q clean house of his assistants and bring in some new blood. That would be in everyone’s best interest and could prolong Q’s career.

Old
06-19-2013, 10:48 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
What Sather said is true but kind of funny he includes GMs in it too. His tenures in Edmonton and NY have to be to the two longest of the last 35 years.

Old
06-19-2013, 10:49 AM
Gurth

If Q continues to stay the course and stubbornly refuses to change up the lines to what 99% of the rest of the world knows is the right combos and we lose the Cup, then he should be fired.

He most likely has bought himself some time with this run, but his job is to put the team in the best position to win and he hasn't.

Why are the most obvious line combos seemingly the last that he will try? Is he gonna wait until we're down 3-1? Maybe even wait till the 3rd period on Saturday night?

We may never get this opportunity again with this group. Who thought in 92 that that team would never get back to the finals? Gotta make the most of this opportunity. If you're gonna go down, at least go down with your best foot forward.

I honestly believe in the guys to get this done, but Q can definitely be the biggest detriment to the possibility.

Q = FRUSTRATING

Old
06-19-2013, 10:53 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
It is what it is now. Too bad we don't have a 2nd line C, imagine how good this team would be...but this is what we have, get the lines right, do something with the PP, take more chances.

Old
06-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Hawkscap

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
It is what it is now. Too bad we don't have a 2nd line C, imagine how good this team would be...but this is what we have, get the lines right, do something with the PP, take more chances.

The 2c is right there under his mustache but he refuses to play Sharp there. They might
even win a Cup with Sharp at C.

Sharp said he will play C but Q won't play him there.

Old
06-19-2013, 10:58 AM
Hawkz
34 38 61 10 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher42 View Post
The 2c is right there under his mustache but he refuses to play Sharp there. They might

Exactly. Would be a damn shame if we lose this series and never even get to see Sharp at 2C.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:05 AM
Hawks82

Quote:

There's something behind the scenes that isn't being said. That'd be my guess.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Hawkscap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks82 View Post
There's something behind the scenes that isn't being said. That'd be my guess.
Sharp came out and said he hasn't been asked.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...trade-deadline

Quote:
Sharp said coach Joel Quenneville has not approached him about a move but he would embrace it if called upon.

"I'd go back there 100 percent," said Sharp, who was injured March 6. "We have four centers and guys sitting out who are capable of playing there but if Joel asked me I would do it in a heartbeat."

Old
06-19-2013, 11:13 AM
Hawks82

Quote:
Sharp came out and said he hasn't been asked.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...trade-deadline
I read that when he said it. What's he going to say... No, I don't want to play there?

Old
06-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Hawkscap

There are only 2 scenarios.

1) Q doesn't want him to play C
2) Sharp can dictate to Q where he wants to play

either one Q doesn't look good.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:17 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks82 View Post
I read that when he said it. What's he going to say... No, I don't want to play there?
I think that he probably only said it because he knew there was no chance of it happening.

I find the fact he emphasized "We have four centers and guys sitting out who are capable of playing there" made it obvious he's not interested in it.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:23 AM
Gurth

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post

I find the fact he emphasized "We have four centers and guys sitting out who are capable of playing there" made it obvious he's not interested in it.

If Q believes that Sharp is the best option there for the team's success it really wouldn't matter at all what Sharp is "interested in."

Q put Toews on a line with Frolik and Kruger. You think that Toews was interested in that?

It's clear to me that Q doesn't want Sharp at center.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:49 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:

Your doubts were more than that...this team didn't have the talent or grit, etc ,etc...

Old
06-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Forget it MM.. you’re just wasting your time. He’s a Q/Stan supporter for life, until they get fired and then, that too, will be a good move. This franchise does nothing wrong in his eyes.

The recent words of Glen Sather spoke volumes: “Every NHL coach has a shelf life. I tell that to every coach I hire”. It’s generally true for a good number of GM’s as well, it just takes longer to fester. Q’s shelf life will likely be extended after this season only because we got to the finals, but it would be a large mistake to extend him beyond another year. Rocky would be just throwing his money away should he extend his contract beyond that. And. IMO, he (or Stan) should insist that Q clean house of his assistants and bring in some new blood. That would be in everyone’s best interest and could prolong Q’s career.
Hey, another guy that called this team a pretender and not a contender...so you were wrong too? Or Q did a good job with what he was dealt...which one?

Old
06-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

I don't think anyone has ever said this team lacks talent.

Grit, on the other hand, is starting to look like an alarming liability. Did you see Hammer running away from Lucic and giving up the puck while doing it the other day?

The Bruins are the first real quality opposition the Hawks have had in the playoffs. They have this game to show they weren't just regular season flash.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:52 AM
GrindNMuck

Probably the worst thread i have ever seen.

-Why would you ever fire Joel Quenneville? He's obviously a winning coach, and a good coach

Closed Thread