HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Joel Quenneville (part II)

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2013, 03:29 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
I'm sorry but if you think having Richards knocked out of the playoffs, Brown playing on torn ligaments in his knee, Kopitar only having one ankle and whatever it was that was bothering Doughty doesn't have an impact, I don't know what to tell you.

But we'll see tonight, won't we? The Bruins are basically a healthy version of the Kings. Against them, the Hawks have held a lead for a grand total of 23 minutes or so, out of 246. Crawford has shown up, but no one else has. All of the Bruins lines have scored. Hawks scorers are all AWOL and there's been no depth scoring either. Bruins defense looks calm and collected. Hawks defense is running around with their heads cut off in apparent terror of being hit.

Tonight will tell us if the Hawks really belong on the same ice as them, or if they truly got a soft run to the finals. We will revisit this then. I hope you are right.
The poster above you didn't say it doesn't have an impact that they were injured. They just said that they think we would still have won had the Kings been healthy. Huge difference.

Old
06-19-2013, 03:30 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
I'm sorry but if you think having Richards knocked out of the playoffs, Brown playing on torn ligaments in his knee, Kopitar only having one ankle and whatever it was that was bothering Doughty doesn't have an impact, I don't know what to tell you.

But we'll see tonight, won't we? The Bruins are basically a healthy version of the Kings. Against them, the Hawks have held a lead for a grand total of 23 minutes or so, out of 246. Crawford has shown up, but no one else has. All of the Bruins lines have scored. Hawks scorers are all AWOL and there's been no depth scoring either. Bruins defense looks calm and collected. Hawks defense is running around with their heads cut off in apparent terror of being hit.

Tonight will tell us if the Hawks really belong on the same ice as them, or if they truly got a soft run to the finals. We will revisit this then. I hope you are right.
I didn't say it didn't have an impact. I said I didn't agree that the Kings would have won if it weren't for their injuries.

Old
06-19-2013, 03:34 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

vCash: 50
Well, that's a hypothetical we can never know. I am just not very impressed with what the Hawks, who have stayed very healthy all playoffs, had to overcome to get here. They're playing a team that is as healthy as they are and were one of the two legitimate contenders in the eastern conference. Right now, as of this moment, the Hawks have not proven they belong on the same ice as the Bruins. They can change that opinion with a win tonight. They had better, because the Bruins are a much *much* better team than the Red Wings.

Old
06-19-2013, 05:08 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Well, that's a hypothetical we can never know. I am just not very impressed with what the Hawks, who have stayed very healthy all playoffs, had to overcome to get here. They're playing a team that is as healthy as they are and were one of the two legitimate contenders in the eastern conference. Right now, as of this moment, the Hawks have not proven they belong on the same ice as the Bruins. They can change that opinion with a win tonight. They had better, because the Bruins are a much *much* better team than the Red Wings.
Agreed again. Q certainly hasn't helped the cause either. I still can't believe he kept fiddling with the line-up twice in succession after winning the previous series. Maybe he sensed the same thing that Ike is talking about, that the ops hadn't played that great (for whatever reason) and his team needed to be better going forward. That makes some sense but the bizarre lines he conjured up last game was over the top for sure. An already frustrated Jonny seemed to be fuming by games end, and I doubt he was the only one.

Old
06-19-2013, 05:19 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

You will go mad before you try to find the logic behind Quenneville "sekret strategery" lines.

It's abundantly clear that he gives the lines he sets half a period to do something. If they don't, he scrambles them in a desperate attempt to find one that clicks in the idea that there's a magical combination somewhere in there if he just randomizes it enough to find it.

Meanwhile, want to know how often the Bruins changed their lines this playoffs, whether or not they are winning or losing?

How about the Kings last year?

I'd be plenty pissed if I was Toews, or Sharp, or Hossa, or Kane, too. Or even Shaw and Stalberg. Kruger and Frolik are the only ones getting any consistency.

Old
06-19-2013, 06:07 PM
ralph0226

Quote:
Agreed. With the exception of Crawford, the Hawks have shown very little evidence that they can compete with Boston. If they lose tonight, it's over. Then we can all speculate whether the Bruins hoist the Cup in game 5 or game 6.

Old
06-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
As if Bowman needs any more reason for his colleagues to dislike him. Making sports history from a relations standpoint wouldn't be a good idea. If you want to do something totally outrageous, just fire him after the series is over. That wouldn't be as bad as letting him sit there through next season.
I still don't see any reason why a coach isn't able to do his job when he is on the final year of his contract.

That's not disrespecting or whatever...

Old
06-19-2013, 08:49 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph0226 View Post
Agreed. With the exception of Crawford, the Hawks have shown very little evidence that they can compete with Boston. If they lose tonight, it's over. Then we can all speculate whether the Bruins hoist the Cup in game 5 or game 6.
Except dominating play at times, and you know, actually winning a game.

Old
06-19-2013, 08:53 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

if we win the Cup it's safe to say he will get a 3 year extension

Old
06-19-2013, 10:35 PM
PanniniClaus

2 wins from a CUP - he has to go.

Old
06-19-2013, 10:42 PM
kuzy

Yayy we won, but why the **** wasn't leddy playing?!

Old
06-19-2013, 10:48 PM
ChitownDoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanniniClaus View Post
2 wins from a CUP - he has to go.
Actually this game proved why he's a doofus. He finally put the lines basically what the fans said they should be- what they were in LA - and look at the offensive explosion with Toews and Kane scoring lmao.

And also Stalhberg has a great game. Go figure

Old
06-19-2013, 10:52 PM
PanniniClaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownDoctor View Post
Actually this game proved why he's a doofus. He finally put the lines basically what the fans said they should be- what they were in LA - and look at the offensive explosion with Toews and Kane scoring lmao.

And also Stalhberg has a great game. Go figure
You are right - Bowman will probably offer a four year deal to a committee of fans - HF boards experience an asset.

Old
06-19-2013, 10:57 PM
WarriorofTime
HFBoards Sponsor

So... Kane and Toews... they play well together.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:00 PM
digdug41982

Q had a great game, everyone wanted this and worked from morning to midnight to make it happen, proud of everyone, these guys want it really bad.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:03 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
D. Keith - 32:37
N. Hjalmarsson - 25:45
B. Seabrook - 25:43
J. Oduya - 25:32
M. Rozsival - 26:36
N. Leddy - 2:37

Something's wrong with this picture.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:06 PM
88pk19jt
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post
D. Keith - 32:37
N. Hjalmarsson - 25:45
B. Seabrook - 25:43
J. Oduya - 25:32
M. Rozsival - 26:36
N. Leddy - 2:37

Something's wrong with this picture.
Yeah Oduya and Leddy should switch there amount of ice time.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:14 PM
zac

Quote:
I think you are underselling the Red Wings as they were constituted during the playoffs. When healthy and with the youngsters playing well, they are a very good team. I think they'ed fare well against Boston (not necessarily win) as they are the kind of team they struggle against (very fast).

Old
06-19-2013, 11:16 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Q had a great game, everyone wanted this and worked from morning to midnight to make it happen, proud of everyone, these guys want it really bad.
Leddy's playing time was baffling and inexcusable, but he FINALLY rolled the lines that he should have.

That's hardly having a great game, it's called making the easy and appropriate decision and what he should have done from the get go.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:18 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
if we win the Cup it's safe to say he will get a 3 year extension
Probably, but the fact is we are winning despite a wretched PP (his fault) and a slew of inexcusably stupid decisions.

He should be canned at the end of the season regardless. We win in SPITE of him, not because of him.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:28 PM
PanniniClaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
Probably, but the fact is we are winning despite a wretched PP (his fault) and a slew of inexcusably stupid decisions.

He should be canned at the end of the season regardless. We win in SPITE of him, not because of him.
Maybe there are better coaches out there - The PP cannot be thrown entirely at the feet of the coach. Individuals that telegraph passes, pick the wrong time to shoot or the wrong shot selection, players that will not get dirty or cannot shoot the one timer - will kill a PP and the Hawks for all of their talent just have little chemistry. They got a goal tonight because Hossa was at the midpoint (where he never is), he got a quick shot away and the overload man jumped on it. The PP is simple but success often elusive as there are many talented players that just lack feel for man advantage situations.

If you win two Cups you do not do it by accident.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:48 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

The Hawks dominated this game and proved they belong on the same ice as Boston... but suddenly opened up a whole new can of worms as Crawford got really badly exposed. They sure can't expect to score 6 goals every game.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:40 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

if we win the Cup... there is no reason to doubt him. He would have won the Cup Twice since becoming our coach.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:47 AM
SLarmer28*

Game 4 Stanley Cup Finals

Bickell - Toews - Kane

Now where have we seen this before?

Old
06-20-2013, 01:13 AM
Kurtosis
RTJ

Quote:
The Hawks dominated this game and proved they belong on the same ice as Boston... but suddenly opened up a whole new can of worms as Crawford got really badly exposed. They sure can't expect to score 6 goals every game.
I doubt the Bruins score 5 next time out.

Closed Thread