HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We should really have 6 stanley cups and detroit should have 9

Old
11-13-2013, 02:14 PM
tailgunner

vCash: 500
We should really have 6 stanley cups and detroit should have 9

way back in Rangers history every april/may the circus would come to town and force the Rangers to leave the Garden during the most pivotal times in the season during the Stanley cup finals, it happened in 1937 and 1950, it happened other times as well but I think those teams would of lost in the finals anyway, but in 1937 they faced the Detroit red wing in a 5 game cup finals match, all the games were played in Detroit, rangers wound up losing 3-2 in five games, I'm sure if the rangers had at least 2 games at MSG they would of been able to win the cup, then in 1950 comes a 7 game series in the cup finals again against Detroit, this time 2 games were played in Toronto and 5 games in Detroit, this series goes 7 full games and game 7 goes to double overtime before Detroit scores and wins the cup, rangers also hit the post in OT, now if the rangers had at least 3 games at MSG I'm sure the cup would of been won by the rangers... really stinks that those 2 cups were stolen from us because of some clowns coming to town

tailgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 03:01 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgunner View Post
way back in Rangers history every april/may the circus would come to town and force the Rangers to leave the Garden during the most pivotal times in the season during the Stanley cup finals, it happened in 1937 and 1950, it happened other times as well but I think those teams would of lost in the finals anyway, but in 1937 they faced the Detroit red wing in a 5 game cup finals match, all the games were played in Detroit, rangers wound up losing 3-2 in five games, I'm sure if the rangers had at least 2 games at MSG they would of been able to win the cup, then in 1950 comes a 7 game series in the cup finals again against Detroit, this time 2 games were played in Toronto and 5 games in Detroit, this series goes 7 full games and game 7 goes to double overtime before Detroit scores and wins the cup, rangers also hit the post in OT, now if the rangers had at least 3 games at MSG I'm sure the cup would of been won by the rangers... really stinks that those 2 cups were stolen from us because of some clowns coming to town
It was all about one thing: MONEY. Those circus contracts were considered more valuable than hockey... because they were.

The Rangers' history has been as forgetful as it is because mismanagement, bad luck, and apathy put breaking even above breaking out. Can you imagine how much more relevant hockey would be in this country today if the Rangers didn't suck monkeys for so long? I mean, no division titles for almost 50 years straight? Puke...

Megustaelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 03:15 PM
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY

Quote:
Well the Rangers generally are the circus now, so I don't think this will be a problem going forward.

rip
DMPD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:51 PM
redfzn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Well the Rangers generally are the circus now, so I don't think this will be a problem going forward.
zing

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 05:00 PM
NCRanger

And if wasn't for the Great Depression, hockey would have been the second most popular professional sport in the United States.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 05:14 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Damn the US and Canada for getting involved in WWII anyway. We should have closer to 10 Cups.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 05:16 PM
EuroFlair
All series baby!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
And if wasn't for the Great Depression, hockey would have been the second most popular professional sport in the United States.
After soccer?

EuroFlair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

We should petition the league to get those compensatory Cups.

Grumpy Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 06:18 PM
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Gerald View Post
We should petition the league to get those compensatory Cups.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...-cups/DqWjKCFv

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 06:22 PM
TheTakedown764

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
solution.

TheTakedown764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Damn the US and Canada for getting involved in WWII anyway. We should have closer to 10 Cups.
Not to mention we would have all been driving higher quality German cars years earlier.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 10:06 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
that's awesome.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 11:23 PM
Aufheben
Global Moderator
SAVE US WINNIE

vCash: 69
6 Cups is still kinda bad.

Aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 12:39 AM
Cake or Death

vCash:
Yeah, four Cups does kinda suck. Still love the team and the history. The good old days, when we could beat a Montreal team

First Cup, back when the Pittsburgh Pirates were in the league...

Old
11-15-2013, 06:53 AM
tailgunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake or Death View Post
Yeah, four Cups does kinda suck. Still love the team and the history. The good old days, when we could beat a Montreal team

First Cup, back when the Pittsburgh Pirates were in the league...

that would make for a cool retro poster to hang in the man cave, where did you find that?

tailgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 07:17 AM
Crease

In addition to being kicked out of their own building during the playoffs, the Rangers were one of the teams hit hardest by WWII. They didn't really recover until the 70s.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Cake or Death

vCash:
Quote:
that would make for a cool retro poster to hang in the man cave, where did you find that?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Champions.jpg

Old
11-16-2013, 10:53 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

A lot of what if's. It reminds me of that Marvel comics series from the early 90s.

The most interesting one to me is 1981. If JD got hot that year and not 1979 and beat the Islanders, the Rangers would have destroyed Minnesota in the Finals.

Also if Leetch is healthy in 1990, I'm not saying they beat the Caps or the Bruins, but an entirely different ballgame. That team could hang with Boston and Edmonton.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote