HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We should really have 6 stanley cups and detroit should have 9

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-13-2013, 02:14 PM
  #1
tailgunner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
We should really have 6 stanley cups and detroit should have 9

way back in Rangers history every april/may the circus would come to town and force the Rangers to leave the Garden during the most pivotal times in the season during the Stanley cup finals, it happened in 1937 and 1950, it happened other times as well but I think those teams would of lost in the finals anyway, but in 1937 they faced the Detroit red wing in a 5 game cup finals match, all the games were played in Detroit, rangers wound up losing 3-2 in five games, I'm sure if the rangers had at least 2 games at MSG they would of been able to win the cup, then in 1950 comes a 7 game series in the cup finals again against Detroit, this time 2 games were played in Toronto and 5 games in Detroit, this series goes 7 full games and game 7 goes to double overtime before Detroit scores and wins the cup, rangers also hit the post in OT, now if the rangers had at least 3 games at MSG I'm sure the cup would of been won by the rangers... really stinks that those 2 cups were stolen from us because of some clowns coming to town

tailgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 03:01 PM
  #2
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing
 
Megustaelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgunner View Post
way back in Rangers history every april/may the circus would come to town and force the Rangers to leave the Garden during the most pivotal times in the season during the Stanley cup finals, it happened in 1937 and 1950, it happened other times as well but I think those teams would of lost in the finals anyway, but in 1937 they faced the Detroit red wing in a 5 game cup finals match, all the games were played in Detroit, rangers wound up losing 3-2 in five games, I'm sure if the rangers had at least 2 games at MSG they would of been able to win the cup, then in 1950 comes a 7 game series in the cup finals again against Detroit, this time 2 games were played in Toronto and 5 games in Detroit, this series goes 7 full games and game 7 goes to double overtime before Detroit scores and wins the cup, rangers also hit the post in OT, now if the rangers had at least 3 games at MSG I'm sure the cup would of been won by the rangers... really stinks that those 2 cups were stolen from us because of some clowns coming to town
It was all about one thing: MONEY. Those circus contracts were considered more valuable than hockey... because they were.

The Rangers' history has been as forgetful as it is because mismanagement, bad luck, and apathy put breaking even above breaking out. Can you imagine how much more relevant hockey would be in this country today if the Rangers didn't suck monkeys for so long? I mean, no division titles for almost 50 years straight? Puke...

Megustaelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 03:15 PM
  #3
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY
 
DMPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 20,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgunner View Post
way back in Rangers history every april/may the circus would come to town and force the Rangers to leave the Garden during the most pivotal times in the season during the Stanley cup finals, it happened in 1937 and 1950, it happened other times as well but I think those teams would of lost in the finals anyway, but in 1937 they faced the Detroit red wing in a 5 game cup finals match, all the games were played in Detroit, rangers wound up losing 3-2 in five games, I'm sure if the rangers had at least 2 games at MSG they would of been able to win the cup, then in 1950 comes a 7 game series in the cup finals again against Detroit, this time 2 games were played in Toronto and 5 games in Detroit, this series goes 7 full games and game 7 goes to double overtime before Detroit scores and wins the cup, rangers also hit the post in OT, now if the rangers had at least 3 games at MSG I'm sure the cup would of been won by the rangers... really stinks that those 2 cups were stolen from us because of some clowns coming to town
Well the Rangers generally are the circus now, so I don't think this will be a problem going forward.

__________________


rip
DMPD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2013, 08:51 PM
  #4
redfzn
#94
 
redfzn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Well the Rangers generally are the circus now, so I don't think this will be a problem going forward.
zing

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 05:00 PM
  #5
NCRanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,716
vCash: 500
And if wasn't for the Great Depression, hockey would have been the second most popular professional sport in the United States.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 05:14 PM
  #6
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 13,473
vCash: 500
Damn the US and Canada for getting involved in WWII anyway. We should have closer to 10 Cups.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 05:16 PM
  #7
EuroFlair
All series baby!
 
EuroFlair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: the alps
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,732
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
And if wasn't for the Great Depression, hockey would have been the second most popular professional sport in the United States.
After soccer?

EuroFlair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 05:22 PM
  #8
Grumpy Humphrey
Registered User
 
Grumpy Humphrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Prague
Country: United States
Posts: 2,591
vCash: 500
We should petition the league to get those compensatory Cups.

Grumpy Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 06:18 PM
  #9
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Gerald View Post
We should petition the league to get those compensatory Cups.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...-cups/DqWjKCFv

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 06:22 PM
  #10
TheTakedown764
Registered User
 
TheTakedown764's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
solution.

TheTakedown764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 09:27 PM
  #11
Baby Punisher
Registered User
 
Baby Punisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Damn the US and Canada for getting involved in WWII anyway. We should have closer to 10 Cups.
Not to mention we would have all been driving higher quality German cars years earlier.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 10:06 PM
  #12
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
that's awesome.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 11:23 PM
  #13
Aufheben
Global Moderator
SAVE US WINNIE
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Angola
Posts: 16,446
vCash: 69
6 Cups is still kinda bad.

Aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 12:39 AM
  #14
Cake or Death
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Yeah, four Cups does kinda suck. Still love the team and the history. The good old days, when we could beat a Montreal team





First Cup, back when the Pittsburgh Pirates were in the league...



  Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 06:53 AM
  #15
tailgunner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake or Death View Post
Yeah, four Cups does kinda suck. Still love the team and the history. The good old days, when we could beat a Montreal team





First Cup, back when the Pittsburgh Pirates were in the league...


that would make for a cool retro poster to hang in the man cave, where did you find that?

tailgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 07:17 AM
  #16
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
In addition to being kicked out of their own building during the playoffs, the Rangers were one of the teams hit hardest by WWII. They didn't really recover until the 70s.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 09:32 PM
  #17
Cake or Death
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgunner View Post
that would make for a cool retro poster to hang in the man cave, where did you find that?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Champions.jpg

  Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 10:53 AM
  #18
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!
 
White Plains Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
A lot of what if's. It reminds me of that Marvel comics series from the early 90s.

The most interesting one to me is 1981. If JD got hot that year and not 1979 and beat the Islanders, the Rangers would have destroyed Minnesota in the Finals.

Also if Leetch is healthy in 1990, I'm not saying they beat the Caps or the Bruins, but an entirely different ballgame. That team could hang with Boston and Edmonton.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.