HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Gary roberts program questions

Old
05-23-2013, 11:57 PM
ConoR187

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ConoR187
Gary roberts program questions

Have a couple questions for those who have done this program..

1. Is there a nutrition layout your supposed to follow for the program? Do you eat at maintenance or at a caloric surplus? Macro levels?

2. I play beer league once a week, can I use that as a day of active rest or should I use that as a substitute for a gym day

ConoR187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 08:55 AM
Malarowski

Are you doing the Offseason, or In-Season thing? I assume you mean the Nike hockey stuff, right?

Malarowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 09:07 AM
snizzbone
Give me the puck ;-)

There is an insanely in depth nutrition regimen. Doubt you'll find it online, but what you put in your body is just as important as what you do with your body.

snizzbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 02:36 PM
ConoR187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarowski View Post
Are you doing the Offseason, or In-Season thing? I assume you mean the Nike hockey stuff, right?
the offseason program....

no one has done this?

Old
05-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Malarowski

Unless you don't skate much and hard during your game, treat it as a gym day.

As far as food goes, I just was sent this link a few days ago: http://www.fitnessinstitute.com/category/nutrition/

Basically, chicken, veggies and clean carbs. You can probably look at the Insanity food guide or P90X. Should be roughly the same.

Old
05-24-2013, 08:07 PM
ConoR187

Quote:
Unless you don't skate much and hard during your game, treat it as a gym day.

As far as food goes, I just was sent this link a few days ago: http://www.fitnessinstitute.com/category/nutrition/

Basically, chicken, veggies and clean carbs. You can probably look at the Insanity food guide or P90X. Should be roughly the same.
thanks for the response, ill substitute it as a gym day and do a high rep gym day as active recovery

what about calories? eat at low surplus?

Old
05-24-2013, 09:37 PM
Malarowski

Depends on your goal. Use this: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-ca...dict-equation/

Basically calculate your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate), then multiply with your level of activity (my guess is 1.725, or 1.55). If you want to gain weight, add 500, otherwise 500 less.

Old
05-24-2013, 11:49 PM
ConoR187

Quote:
Depends on your goal. Use this: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-ca...dict-equation/

Basically calculate your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate), then multiply with your level of activity (my guess is 1.725, or 1.55). If you want to gain weight, add 500, otherwise 500 less.
im aware of this, but i was just curious if the program had a necessity to either have a surplus or deficit

thanks

Old
05-25-2013, 10:14 AM
Malarowski

That's independent of the program for the most part. If you want to gain mass you will always have to eat more than you burn. Some super intense programs probably even need more than that extra, or rather will calculate the BMR slightly differently. You must have leftover calories to make something out of them.

Old
05-29-2013, 12:06 PM
Thesensation19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConoR187 View Post
Have a couple questions for those who have done this program..

1. Is there a nutrition layout your supposed to follow for the program? Do you eat at maintenance or at a caloric surplus? Macro levels?

2. I play beer league once a week, can I use that as a day of active rest or should I use that as a substitute for a gym day
I wont go into specifics of nutrition and diet and athletic training (PVT msg me for more details on that) but what I know from Gary Roberts training regime and diet is...

1) Eat a well balanced meal every day consisting of protein/carbs/fats. More focus on protein (.8-1g of protein per lb body weight) and 30% of your caloric intake should be of fats. GOOD FATS (nuts, olives, fish)

2) Stay clear from any processed foods and packaged foods. Go organic as best as you can.

3) No added Sugar or Salt. I have wondered about the avoiding of salt fully. I have to do more research on his diet and nutritional plans on salt. Salt is a strong nutrient/mineral and I agree that it could be used as a micro-nutrient, yet we have turned it into a macronutrient. Added Sugar. I can see even a tiny bit added daily to coffee and what not but I believe Roberts believes in NO ADDED SUGAR. I will have to do more research. Honey is great for sweet taste.

4) Roberts along with many PT are starting to understand more about super foods. Look into superfoods and try your best to mix it up and get a lot of what you need and a bit of what you want. Pumpkins, Sweet potatoes, Blueberries.

5) 6-9 fruits and veggies a day. YES, huge! A Day... I would say 3 fruits, 3 veggies at minimum.

There are other things I know and we can talk about. Anyone can private message me for more details on all this

Thesensation19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Thesensation19*

http://www.fitnessinstitute.com/game...-gary-roberts/

Thesensation19* is offline   Reply With Quote