Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

State of the teams

Old
06-02-2013, 10:20 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taoiseach View Post
I'm still mad about the Nishi situation. Don't even get me started.

It's really tough to say on the goaltending front. I suspect that Steeves will be given every opportunity to keep his job though. I don't think we'll trade for a goaltender unless disaster strikes. They've made it clear that Brassard is our goalie of the future, and we still have Duckett-Dufresne, Bergeron, and Newport waiting in the wings if there's a minor injury to one of Brassard or Steeves. As always, I don't think it would hurt to at least consider drafting a good goaltender. I hope that Michaud isn't even invited to camp though...

Langlois signed a pro contract, so I'm pretty sure he won't be back, and I think Hyka will be in Manchester. My gut feeling is that we're going to try to trade for a good 19 year old defenceman at the draft. Not really sure who, but a solid 19/20 year old defenceman in the mould of Étienne Boutet would really fill a hole.

I think our OAs for next season will be Steeves, Tardif-Richard, and somebody that we trade for before the season starts.
I didn't realize Langlois signed a contract. At least you guys have some depth in net. As far as dmen go, Dillon Fournier, Dominic Talbot-Tassi and Justin Hache should all be of interest. They seem to be the top available options for blueliners.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 10:20 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Is Brassard even that good ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 10:23 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I'm sure Taoiseach can answer you better but he's young and shown some promise. I expect him to have a big year.

Old
06-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
I didn't realize Langlois signed a contract. At least you guys have some depth in net. As far as dmen go, Dillon Fournier, Dominic Talbot-Tassi and Justin Hache should all be of interest. They seem to be the top available options for blueliners.
As long as we don't give up too much, I think we'd be very wise to make a play for one of these guys, lest we leave useless Beauregard as the veteran on the blueline. We'll have a very young defence corps, and while it will be fairly skilled, I think that's our biggest weakness looking forward to next year.

It will consist of Carrier, Beauregard, Latulippe and Crevier-Morin for sure, but who else after that? Somebody that we trade for for sure, and then someone else that makes the team out of camp. That third pairing will be interesting...

Quote:
I'm going to give a hesitant yes to this. Brassard has shown that he can be that good, and he's athletic enough to bail himself out of a lot of situations. I question how his development is being handled though. I still think he'd have been better off starting somewhere in the LHJAAAQ for the second half of the season, and keeping Nishi as the backup.

Whenever we've called upon him, he's been - at a minimum - respectable. Where he'll be after this season if he only plays ten games though, that's anyone's guess. Suffice it to say that I'd be very comfortable with having him as a starter if Steeves was injured again, however I'd like to hope that Groulx would make something happen if he isn't getting it done.

Taoiseach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 10:51 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

[QUOTE=Taoiseach;66932993]As long as we don't give up too much, I think we'd be very wise to make a play for one of these guys, lest we leave useless Beauregard as the veteran on the blueline. We'll have a very young defence corps, and while it will be fairly skilled, I think that's our biggest weakness looking forward to next year.

It will consist of Carrier, Beauregard, Latulippe and Crevier-Morin for sure, but who else after that? Somebody that we trade for for sure, and then someone else that makes the team out of camp. That third pairing will be interesting...

I'm not a Melindy fan whatsoever and think he had a horrible year but he could probably be had for cheap unless Flynn robs someone like he did with Milan (same situation). He signed a contract with Phoenix but I'm quite certain he'll be returned to Moncton. He's got good size and shown he can be good times. I think a change in scenery could really help him. Pressure really got to him and he fell short of expectations in Moncton which increases the pressure.

Old
06-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

Quote:
I'm not a Melindy fan whatsoever and think he had a horrible year but he could probably be had for cheap unless Flynn robs someone like he did with Milan (same situation). He signed a contract with Phoenix but I'm quite certain he'll be returned to Moncton. He's got good size and shown he can be good times. I think a change in scenery could really help him. Pressure really got to him and he fell short of expectations in Moncton which increases the pressure.
Good to know... We've certainly turned guys around before!

Langlois signed with some team in the Garrett Clarke league, so we know he won't be returned to us.

Old
06-03-2013, 01:58 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Tassi is not available.

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 12:47 PM
johnnydrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Tassi is not available.
Ahhh....this is the second time today I have seen this player mentioned as a potential target. Could you tell me a little more about him please?

johnnydrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 01:49 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Isn't Sherbrooke trying to build and go somewhere with their current group ?

Old
06-03-2013, 02:03 PM
johnnydrum

Inspired by the great posters here, (and my frustration at not being able to find an official guide), I thought I could expand on on #57s stellar work for 2012-13 by adding the top draft pick (credit to HockeyBuzz Adam French for the mini Draft profiles), Best Forward/ D-man/ Tough Guy/ Starting Goaltender etc.

Would like to add the key off season trades/acquisitions etc/ returning Top Scorer/ Returning Goalie
(Please feel free to offer any other insights that I can add in!)

BATHURST looks to be a solid team next season. Brouillard, Lalancette, Lafontaine, Pelletier and the two euros forms a solid offensive corps whereas Brennan and McDonald should be good between the pipes. Defense is a bit of a question mark, but there are some good names on there as well. If things go well on the 2nd floor (management, owner issues), I could see the Titans getting home-ice next playoffs.

Returning Top Scorer:
Marc-Olivier Brouillard RW 60 22 44 66

Eligible for the 2013 NHL Draft:

BAIE-COMEAU are very young and coming off quite a post-season run. They will be solid again next season. They should be able to attrack a solid euro to compliment Zykov. Cadorette should be one of the league's top goaltender. Defense is a bit of a question mark, but Ahern should be able to upgrade it this summer. Another good season awaits Drakkar fans.

Returning Top Scorer:
Valentin Zykov RW 67 40 35 75

Valentin Zykov: Very strong on the puck, heavy wrist shot. Has the hands to finish. Excels at protecting the puck or winning puck battles. Has to work on his skating, which to me is slightly better than average.

Gabryel Paquin-Boudreau:
He's small (5'10 ish) but has really good speed and excellent hands. He brings an all out offensive game, though needs work in his back checking and defensive awareness. He ramped up his play in the playoffs scoring 9 goals and 18 points on the runner-up Baie-Comeau Drakkar squad. He's overshadowed by Valentin Zykov on his team, but he's an interesting player with good upside that we'll likely see drift to around the 4th round.

Jérémy Grégoire: Gritty shutdown center with some offensive potential. His game is moulded for the playoffs. Strong on faceoffs and in board battles. Really mature for one of the youngest players in the draft. Needs to improve the explosion in his first few strides.

2012-13 Awards:
Valentin Zykov:Rookie All-Star Team

BOISBRIAND will hope to get both Paquette and Tesink back as overragers. They will also hope that Marcoux will recover in time from his injury. Another question mark is the blueline, without Ouellet they are very young and lack top-tier talent. The team still has a lot of depth up front, and Bouchard should be able to surprise us with a move or two. I expect the Armada to compete for the division again next season.

Returning Top Scorer:
Cédric Paquette C 63 27 56 83

Marc-Olivier Roy: Jack-of-all-trades with average skating. Good work ethic and defensive game.

Christopher Clapperton:Small (5'10 wink wink) but with the heart of a lion. Clapperton went undrafted last year, but there is no way he doesn't hear his name this time, even if it is in the later rounds. He has amazing work-ethic and he has a gritty/pesty side to his game as well. You'll find him in the danger zones all game long and he just wants to score goals. He's reminiscent of Habs rookie Brendan Gallagher in that he has the same playstyle and is also a smaller player that relies on his willingness to compete around the net, rather than the typical speed demon small player.

2012-13 Awards:
Xavier Ouellet:1st All-Star Team
Étienne Marcoux:2nd All-Star Team

CAPE BRETON looks to be rebuilding... again. Who knows what will happen with Carrier. They have some good youth, but will it be enough? Can they get it right this time? Will Honzik be back as the starter? Can they upgrade the D? Will the young guns up front be able to carry the load?

Returning Top Scorer:
William Carrier LW 34 16 26 42

William Carrier: Powerful skater, needs to improve his first few steps, but is quick on skates. Good frame. Two-way ability. Character player that isn't afraid to finish his checks. Possesses a heavy wrister that did some damage early this season.

CHALOTTETOWN should build on their strong season, although Duffy's and Curries' departure will hurt big time. They should come at you with a physical style once again. Bibeau will shine in nets and Oligny will lead a young, talented defense. Laplante and Pepin are two of the league's premiere young offensive weapons, so they should be interesting to follow. I see a 7th-10th place finish.

Returning Top Scorer:
Louick Marcotte RW 63 27 27 54

Yan-Pavel Laplante: Smart player with character and leadership capabilities. He is creative off-the-rush but keeps it simple when the play settles in the other team's zone. Two-way winger that plays with his heart on his sleeve.

2012-13 Awards:
Josh Currie:1st All-Star Team

CHICOUTIMI looks to be rebuilding next season. I think Hudon should be auctioned off at the deadline. Billia will get experience, as will Leveille and Dauphin. This is a team that lacks depth at every position right now, so I don't see them contending for much. But they have a lot of solid building blocks.

Returning Top Scorer:
Charles Hudon LW 56 30 41 71

Laurent Dauphin: Good hands, seems to always be on the puck. Average skater but makes up for it with his IQ. Needs to bulk up pretty badly. Strong work ethic and character.

DRUMMONDVILLE will be a wildcard next season. Will Archy be back? It's a possibility. The young guns Gauthier, Ratelle and Auger should be a joy to watch grow. Boudens has established himself as a solid 1st liner. They have a great top-3 on D with Brouillard, Beaudoin and Lambert-Lemay as well as a solid goalie tandem with Guindon and Graham. Quality youngsters coming through the pipeline as well. I think they can make some noise, especially if Verrier keeps on going.

Returning Top Scorer:
Jérome Verrier RW 68 35 40 75

Nikolas Brouillard: Offensive D with a lot of flair, PPQB. Is extremely weak physically and has work to do defensively. His anticipation level is quite high.

GATINEAU should build off their upset victory in round one from this post-season. They have a ton of great youth at every position. Steeves and Brassard wil backstop a team that has Reway, Poirier, Burke, Chapman, Kielly and maybe Hyka up front. Defense needs a bit of an upgrade but there's a ton of skills with Carrier, Deslauriers and Beauregard. You know with Groulx they'll be physical and competitive each game. Watch out.

Returning Top Scorer:
Emile Poirier LW 65 32 38 70

Émile Poirier: Swift skater, which makes him a major threat in Junior. Takes the puck to the net and has a nice set of hands. Not a fan of his defensive zone coverage, but Groulx will make him better in that department.

2012-13 Awards:

HALIFAX is a huge question mark. They will bring in two great euros but who will they play with? I think Drouin and Mack will be in the NHL. Lots of players will be gone. Ciampini, Ryan, Ashley, Falkenham will stay as well as Fucale. They have a good base but nothing earth-shattering. Defense will need some work. I think they could compete for the division, but of course if one of Drouin or Mack comes back they're the top dogs in my opinion.

Returning Top Scorer:
Jonathan Drouin LW 49 41 64 105

Zachary Fucale: Best goaltender in the draft to me. I'm no goalie expert , but this kid is good.

Jonathan Drouin: Hands down the best player in the LHJMQ this season. Best set of hands and most creative player in the draft, high compete level, plays in every situation(PP, PK).

Nathan Mackinnon: No he's not the next Crosby, but he's still a heck of a player. Very tough player to check in 1 vs 1 as he is very strong.
Best skater in the draft by a good margin. Not many flaws in his game, NHL ready. Still lots of room to improve, as he has a high potential.

2012-13 Awards:
Zachary Fucale:1st All-Star Team
Jonathan Drouin:1st All-Star Team
Konrad Abeltshauser:2nd All-Star Team
Nathan MacKinnon:2nd All-Star Team
Mackenzie Weegar :Rookie All-Star Team

MONCTON will look to re-build after a devastating 1st round loss. Danault, Jaskin and perhaps Racine and Veilleux could be goners. Barbashev and Garland will need to step it up.
On defense, Melindy needs to re-gain his mojo, just like Dubeau in nets. They have good depth and all but this team lacks top-end skills with the departures. I don't see Moncton being that high in the standings next season right now.

Returning Top Scorer:
Phillip Danault C 56 23 62 85

2012-13 Awards:
Dmitrij Jaskin:1st All-Star Team
Ivan Barbashev:Rookie All-Star Team

QUEBEC well I don't think Grigo will be back but still Duclair, Erne and Sorensen should be able to lead this team plenty. Without Roy who knows what will happen over there, but I expect them to still be very competitive. Doubt Culkin comes back so they have some holes to fill on D. Of course Brassard will be there to give them a chance at the W every night.

Returning Top Scorer:
Adam Erne RW 68 28 44 72

Adam Erne: Powerful skater with strong ethic and good hockey sense. Adamant forechecker. Mostly a goal-scorer offensively.

Nick Sorensen: Two-way winger that is pretty complete. Thing is he's not particularly great at anything.

Anthony Duclair: One of the most talented players of this list, but there are questions about whether or not his game will translate to the Pros. Very good skater and most of the time a threat offensively. Questionable defensive game, work ethic and attitude.

Kurt Etchegary: Give it his all 100% of the time, character player with leadership capabilities. A bit on the small side. Good skater and smart with the puck. Would be surprised if he becomes more than a 3rd liner.

RIMOUSKI looks to have one of the top rosters next season. Overragers Trainor and Oke will dominate, and forwards like Joly, De Luca, Gauthier, Plante, Loiseau, Fortier and Samson should enjoy solid seasons. Especially with the depth they have on D and in nets. I think Desrosiers is a tremendous prospect and will have a solid campaign in nets next season. Their defense is very young and very good with Morin, Kostalek, Gravel, MacKinnon and Leclerc. This is a team that should roll over opponents next season. Maybe Beauvillier could be back too.

Returning Top Scorer:
Peter Trainor LW 68 46 54 100

Samuel Morin: Very mobile for a 6'7 guy, solid defensively, still raw offensively but there is potential. Is developing a mean streak.

Jan Kostalek: Two-way defender, not the biggest but plays a gritty game. Smart player, good anticipation. Good outlet pass. Has to get stronger.

Frédérik Gauthier: Big Shutdown Center with offensive potential. Elite defensive player with his reach and his anticipation, already plays a Pro game.
High hockey sense. Needs to fill his frame to be a physical force at the next level.

Phillipe Desrosiers: He had a couple good seasons in a row, in the Midget AAA where he was dominant and then with Rimouski where he stole the job from a veteran

2012-13 Awards:
Kevin Gagné:1st All-Star Team
Peter Trainor:2nd All-Star Team
Phillipe Desrosiers:Rookie All-Star Team
Jan Kostalek:Rookie All-Star Team
Frédérik Gauthier:Rookie All-Star Team

ROUYN will lose two big cogs in Andrighetto and Kucherov. But Dea remains and they have a lot of depth with Perron, Slight, Lemay, St-Cyr, O'Brien and Power. Fournier and Guenette will lead the D and Belanger should be solid between the pipes. This is a young team that I think will have a lot of success next season especially adding two new euros to the current depth.

Returning Top Scorer:
Jean-Sébastien Dea C 68 45 40 85

Sven Andrighetto: Terrific skater with lots of poise and creativity offensively. Strong work ethic. Victim of the number's game.

2012-13 Awards:
Mathieu Brisebois:2nd All-Star Team

SAINT JOHN really doesn't look like anything right now. I have no idea what's going on over there. Well Auger is good in nets, and the defense isn't half that bad, but there is literally nothing up front. It will be another tough year but with high draft picks they will be back near the top in 2-3 years.

Returning Top Scorer:
Jakub Izacky LW 63 21 17 38

SHAWINIGAN same story here. This team has some good young pieces but it will take time to developp them. Cupper will be once again in over his head. I like where the defense is heading with Labbe, Maheux, Taylor and Boudreau. I hope that they find some more talented guys up front, Anthony Richard would be a good start. I also seriously hope Koys comes back with a vengeance because they really need a big time young prospect like him.

Returning Top Scorer:
Frédérick Gaudreau C 68 13 30 43

SHERBROOKE I like what the Phoenix have done in their first year. They have a lot of great young players and should be fairly competitive starting next season. Audette I expect will shine, alongside Kamaev, Laflamme, Lesway, Deslauriers and Couture. The defense is already very good, but unfortunately I doubt Flinn can carry this team very far. With a good they should be able to finnish 11th-13th

Returning Top Scorer:
Denis Kamaev RW 64 16 35 51

Vladislav Lysenko: Hits like a Mack Truck, can be pretty nasty. Is willing to drop the gloves although he's not the best fighter, he's working on it. Average skater. Coughs up the puck/ does turnovers almost every game. Has a good slapper, but that pretty much resumes his offensive game.

VAL D'OR will see some players go but also some youth grow. Aube-Kubel should take a bigger role this season. Mantha and Dunn should be leaders as well. They need way more depth up front but I like what they're starting with. On defense, it looks alright but a clear-cut #1 would be idea if they want to contend. I'm not sure where they stand now, it might depend on goaltending. Not sure either of Trudeau or Tremblay can get the job done.

Returning Top Scorer:
Anthony Mantha RW 67 50 39 89

Anthony Mantha: Pure goal scorer, good puck handling, his reach makes him hard to check for defenders. Has had a ridiculous development curve since the 2nd part of the 2011-2012 season. He's alright defensively, but you get the feeling he's not useful if he doesn't score. He can pass the puck too.

Vincent Dunn: Gritty in-your-face player with offensive potential

2012-13 Awards:
Anthony Mantha:2nd All-Star Team

VICTORIAVILLE is a very well built team that won't suffer that much from the departures of some key players. Miceli should produce a ton of points and the youngsters will shine. Veilleux and Ayotte I expect big things from and I like Rheaume, Gagne and Savage as well. It's the same story on D as Sidlik will be able to play with the likes of Pomerleau, Beaulieu, Trickett and Boucher. Of course, with Brandon Whitney in goal, every thing seems easy. I could see the young Tigres competing for the division crown next season

Returning Top Scorer:
Angelo Miceli C 68 36 45 81

Jonathan-Ismaël Diaby: Shutdown defenseman that will drop the mitts with anyone. Very tough to play against. Possesses a heavy slapper. Good skater for his size.

Last edited by johnnydrum: 06-08-2013 at 05:15 AM.
Old
06-03-2013, 05:28 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Tassi is not available.
Sherbrooke were in their inaugural season last year. I'm sure Charbonneau would entertain offers. He may not be "on the market" or " on the trading block" but every player can be had if the price is right.

Old
06-03-2013, 07:03 PM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum View Post
GATINEAU should build off their upset victory in round one from this post-season. They have a ton of great youth at every position. Steeves and Brassard wil backstop a team that has Reway, Poirier, Burke, Chapman, Kielly and maybe Hyka up front. Defense needs a bit of an upgrade but there's a ton of skills with Carrier, Deslauriers and Beauregard. You know with Groulx they'll be physical and competitive each game. Watch out.
The defence isn't so much in need of an upgrade (although we'll need to trade for a good 19/20 year old defenceman), as it is very young. Useless Beauregard is kind of, well... useless, but if he plays the way he did in the playoffs he'll be a serviceable enough second pairing guy.

Don't forget Latulippe, who will surely make the team next season. In the handful of games that he played in Hull this season, Latulippe showed that he was already quite capable at the Major Junior level. I was not too happy when they sent him down. Also, the guy who we got from Baie-Comeau as part of the package for Poulin (Crevier-Morin, who happens to be Latulippe's partner in Midget) is apparently better, although I've only ever seen a short video of the guy playing.

Also, sadly, I doubt we'll be getting Hyka back. Methinks he's Manchester bound. Especially as he'd be an overage import.

Old
06-03-2013, 10:00 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I thought Gatineau was getting Francis Brassard from QC ?

Old
06-04-2013, 04:46 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Sherbrooke were in their inaugural season last year. I'm sure Charbonneau would entertain offers. He may not be "on the market" or " on the trading block" but every player can be had if the price is right.
It would have to be ridiculously good. It's still quite early, but Tassi could be a guy that would stay at 20 too.

Quote:
Ahhh....this is the second time today I have seen this player mentioned as a potential target. Could you tell me a little more about him please?
He's a puckmoving D. Undersized, but very efficient and smart with the puck. He's also good defensively, but don't ask him to win physical battles, he goes there to retrieve the puck. He was on the first pairing last season with Carl Neill (both were rookies), and the two were playing on the PP. If you were wondering, I don't see NHL potential in him, but he can become a good to very good junior player.

Quote:
Isn't Sherbrooke trying to build and go somewhere with their current group ?
And that's why they won't trade Tassi, no point to trade a guy they can keep for two more seasons.

Last edited by QuebecPride: 06-04-2013 at 04:57 AM.
Old
06-04-2013, 12:14 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Anyone on the move forsure besides Boudreau ?

Old
06-04-2013, 05:15 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Anyone on the move forsure besides Boudreau ?
Ross Johnston to Victoriaville for Moncton's 2nd 2014 back to complete the Danault deal.

Old
06-04-2013, 06:05 PM
johnnydrum

Taoiseach: Cheers for that. "Latulippe":thats another name I will make a note of and look out for in the up coming season.

QuebecPride: Thank you for the info on Tassi: I had never really heard of him before, and then his name suddenly popped up in a couple of places:

WildcatML28:Is that Ross Johnston the youngster who was suspended ?
I am really hoping the Wildcats can start making some moves: Fingers crossed that they do well at the Import Draft.
Been watching U-17 clips all week of potential line mates for young Barbashev.

Ihavenocreativity
Has Boudreua been officially moved?

Old
06-04-2013, 06:32 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:

WildcatML28:Is that Ross Johnston the youngster who was suspended ?
I am really hoping the Wildcats can start making some moves: Fingers crossed that they do well at the Import Draft.
Been watching U-17 clips all week of potential line mates for young Barbashev.
Yes that's the same Johnston that received a 15 game suspension for a high stick on Brian Lovell. I'm sure we'll be getting younger as we're in full re-build mode. Usually it's hit or miss so I have my fingers crossed too. Flynn is worried it's going to be much harder to land high end euro because of the new import cap. Haven't had a chance to watch too much of the U-17s yet.

Old
06-04-2013, 10:09 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Ihavenocreativity[/B] Has Boudreua been officially moved?
Boudreau will go to Shawi on Saturday. Nothing can be official until then, but Palov (our beat reporter) and Boudreau himself have acknowledged this.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 10:16 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Hello RJ...Thank you for that.
Very, very interested to see you mention Sebastien Auger so high.
What is it in particular that has impressed you so much?
I gather, as the Sea Dogs are in a deep state of transition, that the guy will be facing a lot of pucks!
Thanks again!
He faced a lot of pucks this year and rarely buckles under pressure. Solid throughout the year, playing "hot goalie" often. Stays square with the shooter and can make the big saves. Could be a very valuable trade asset if SJ can't contend in the next two years, as he is 19.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 03:42 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Yes that's the same Johnston that received a 15 game suspension for a high stick on Brian Lovell. I'm sure we'll be getting younger as we're in full re-build mode. Usually it's hit or miss so I have my fingers crossed too. Flynn is worried it's going to be much harder to land high end euro because of the new import cap. Haven't had a chance to watch too much of the U-17s yet.
Flynn is still around?

Old
06-05-2013, 09:28 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Flynn is still around?
He was relieved of his coaching duties after the playoffs but remained the team's GM. A little birdie told me he'll be here for another 4 seasons as GM too.

Old
06-05-2013, 12:39 PM
ClemQ

that would be great for the rest of the league
Not the strongest record when it comes to drafting and develloping players. If Shannon is completely in charge of the draft, and the new coach in charge of selecting the team and develloping....not sure what's left for Flynn to do other than make trades, which, if i'm a fan of the wildcats, i'm not sure about his trade record either. Other than the Gormley trade, very few trades of impact have been done successfuly. His title is actually hockey operations. They have a GM that runs the business side of the team.
Can you share some thoughts on this arrangement? seems like a lot of people stepping over each other's toes.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 12:45 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
that would be great for the rest of the league
Not the strongest record when it comes to drafting and develloping players. If Shannon is completely in charge of the draft, and the new coach in charge of selecting the team and develloping....not sure what's left for Flynn to do other than make trades, which, if i'm a fan of the wildcats, i'm not sure about his trade record either. Other than the Gormley trade, very few trades of impact have been done successfuly. His title is actually hockey operations. They have a GM that runs the business side of the team.
Can you share some thoughts on this arrangement? seems like a lot of people stepping over each other's toes.
He also robbed Victo when he trade Daniel Milan for Jacob Sweeney and Danick Emond. Jeff Rose is their Gm but it's only on the business side of things. Danny Flynn's title is director of hockey operations which is technically hockey GM. Roger Shannon is assistant GM and head scout.

Old
06-05-2013, 01:32 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
He also robbed Victo when he trade Daniel Milan for Jacob Sweeney and Danick Emond. Jeff Rose is their Gm but it's only on the business side of things. Danny Flynn's title is director of hockey operations which is technically hockey GM. Roger Shannon is assistant GM and head scout.
Yes, your right - he did fleece victo!!!

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote