HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Memorial Cup Final Battle of our Draft Picks

Old
05-31-2013, 11:20 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Not to add more fuel to the fire but I just found this! I hope the Avs still draft Jones but it's looking 50/50 right now. Why does nothing ever come easy for this team?

http://www.isshockey.com/iss-hockey-...l-draft-guide/
ISS has gone back and forth many times this year, unless this is their final rankings, it wouldn't surprise me if they switched again.

A number of other high-quality scouting services has Jones as the #1, not to mention NHL Central Scouting Services.

Thought I'd been in love before, but in my heart I wanted more. Seems like all I really was doing was waiting for you - John Lennon/The Beatles
RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 02:55 AM
gudzilla

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Not to add more fuel to the fire but I just found this! I hope the Avs still draft Jones but it's looking 50/50 right now. Why does nothing ever come easy for this team?

http://www.isshockey.com/iss-hockey-...l-draft-guide/
i don't think one good 4 game(?) tournament will change. both are appaerntly equally good and they need defense, not centers

gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 12:13 PM
FinallyWeissIsGone
Formerly Akgoalie7

Send a message via AIM to FinallyWeissIsGone
^^^^ Let's get that boy on the bottom a "Miami" tan, STAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

FinallyWeissIsGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 01:03 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Jones has his dads body. He really needs to get in the gym and tone up a bit.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 02:58 PM
gudzilla

google translated a russian site, they interviewd zadorov

- The underlying message of the Memorial Cup was the opposition of Seth Jones and Nathan MacKinnon. What can you say about them?

- I think that Seth Jones failed the tournament. And thorough. I watched all the games and I can say that McKinnon decisively stronger. It is for 4 games scored 13 points and made two hat-tricks. He was just in that order!

- What is so powerful McKinnon?

- Very fast. He makes the decision for a second. Can throw from any position. Not only did he throw, he can score from any position. To play against him, you just go constantly with him and keep his stick with both hands. Otherwise the score. And he's very strong. His clash with nickle just not realistic, said fervor.

gudzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Jones can still outskate 99% of the defensemen in this draft, so I wouldn't worry about it. Huberdeau is a stick figure and he still cant skate as well as Jones.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 06:04 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

I still have the feeling that the Avs are going to go with Jones. I think by the time the draft comes, this push by Mac, because of the Memorial Cup, will pass, and the Avs will go with Jones. ROR cant be moved before the draft, they will not move Duchene, and Statsny will not get the return they would need to move him because of his contract status. Im just hoping that come draft time, when whoever announces the pick for the Avs, steps to the podium, that person says, "With the 1st pick in the 2013 NHL Draft, the Colorado Avalanche are proud to select, from the Portland Winterhawks...Seth Jones!" If that were to happen, Id be running up to the podium immediately if I was Tallon.

Old
06-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Howboutthempanthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
I still have the feeling that the Avs are going to go with Jones. I think by the time the draft comes, this push by Mac, because of the Memorial Cup, will pass, and the Avs will go with Jones. ROR cant be moved before the draft, they will not move Duchene, and Statsny will not get the return they would need to move him because of his contract status. Im just hoping that come draft time, when whoever announces the pick for the Avs, steps to the podium, that person says, "With the 1st pick in the 2013 NHL Draft, the Colorado Avalanche are proud to select, from the Portland Winterhawks...Seth Jones!" If that were to happen, Id be running up to the podium immediately if I was Tallon.
Just 29 days to go, ugh.

Howboutthempanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 08:12 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
Just 29 days to go, ugh.

What is the angst?

we had a ****** year, and are being rewarded with either a franchise center or a franchise Dman.

sit back and enjoy the gift, wrapped in a panther jersey!!!!

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 08:22 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post

Same amount of muscle - Jones is taller and has ~ 12-14% body fat by the looks of it. Mac is at 7-8%.

Doesn't really say much.

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 08:41 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post

MacKinnon's age: 17 3/4

wow.

AaronEkbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 08:51 PM
Howboutthempanthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
What is the angst?

we had a ****** year, and are being rewarded with either a franchise center or a franchise Dman.

sit back and enjoy the gift, wrapped in a panther jersey!!!!
Switch to decaf.

Howboutthempanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 04:01 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
That article makes you feel like Mac is a scrub compared to Jones. But it does make you feel better if we get "stuck" with Jones. The article also makes it seem like Druion was the reason for MacKinnon's success. Hopefully Huberdeau can fill that role because if he played with a finisher he would have run away with the Rookie if the year. Either way I think we should get an elite player.
Of coarse we get the #2 pick on a year that a defenseman could potentially get picked first. Honestly, MacKinnon should be the #1 pick from what I saw. Jones didn't stand out at all at the memorial but its just a tournament at the end of the day. I would hate picking a defenseman regardless of how good he's suppose to be because of our history of developing great dmen.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 07:40 AM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
The thought of Tallon running up on stage before Jones even puts his Avs jersey on has me dying.

Boooooth10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 08:19 AM
IceManCat
Tank Disarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
The thought of Tallon running up on stage before Jones even puts his Avs jersey on has me dying.
Someone should put a Lebron James gif from last nights game when he ran across the floor after the foul lol add Tallons head on top

IceManCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 08:21 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Wanted to share since I found it on the Combine thread in the Prospects board, but one of the posters found a sheet listing the player's heights & weights & body development. Here's what he had with regard to MacKinnon:
Quote:
MacKinnon: Height 72.5 inches, Wing span 94.5 inches, 190.3 lbs, Yuhasz % Body fat 7.6, Hand-eye 40.9 seconds, Upper body development AA, Lower body development A
Good to see that MacKinnon is over 6' and currently weighs 190lbs. He's definitely NHL ready, moreso than I would've thought. Tallon is definitely hoping he gets that kid I'm sure.

He also had listed Barkov, Nichushkin, Monahan, Domi, Horvat, Wennberg, & Lazar in case people are interested. The wingspan info is off BTW above as he must have just gotten that wrong in some way. A later post listed what each of the letter means for development of those body areas: E=Extensive, AA=Above Average, A=Average, BA=Below Average, ENT=Elected Not to Test.

Source: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=203

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 10:57 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Wanted to share since I found it on the Combine thread in the Prospects board, but one of the posters found a sheet listing the player's heights & weights & body development. Here's what he had with regard to MacKinnon:
Good to see that MacKinnon is over 6' and currently weighs 190lbs. He's definitely NHL ready, moreso than I would've thought. Tallon is definitely hoping he gets that kid I'm sure.

He also had listed Barkov, Nichushkin, Monahan, Domi, Horvat, Wennberg, & Lazar in case people are interested. The wingspan info is off BTW above as he must have just gotten that wrong in some way. A later post listed what each of the letter means for development of those body areas: E=Extensive, AA=Above Average, A=Average, BA=Below Average, ENT=Elected Not to Test.

Source: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=203
Yeah, the wingspan is definitely wrong. Just look at Mac's picture above, there is no way he has nearly an 8 ft wingspan with those arms.

Old
06-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Here's another Jones article from 6/1:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...icle-1.1360680

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 01:09 PM
markrander87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
That's good to hear, thanks for the info. I'm still hoping for Mac. The suspense is already a killer for sure and yet we still have a month to go.

Quick question, is Mac a feisty player getting into scrums and all that or is he not that kind of kid?

-ghoste
Sorry i'm just reading this now, but the answer is yes. Although it's only Jr. he has never backed down from physical play and always involves himself in scrums along the boards or in the corners.

I'm not saying he's the next Lucic, but as shown in the posted combine pics he is no slouch physically. I used to coach some kids lacrosse who were buddies with him and Nathan was quite heavily involved in rowing before playing Jr. so he has great upper body strength as well.

This is from last years season as a 16 year old:

markrander87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Thanks for the reply markrander87.

So let's say we end up picking Jones with the 2nd overall and decide to go with a forward at #31. Who are some of the forwards that could be around then and we should target?

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote