Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Top 10 Americans in OHL draft

Old
02-25-2014, 06:38 PM
Futurehockeyscout98

vCash: 500
Top 10 Americans in OHL draft

So any predictions on who the Top 10 Americans in this year's OHL draft will be?

Futurehockeyscout98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 08:40 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Some order of the following 10-15 players seem to be the consensus....order is pretty debatable.

1. Jakob Chychrun (dual citizen but most will likely consider him Canadian. Hasn't declared his interational intensions yet)
2. Max Jones
3. Nick Pastujov
4. Logan Bown
5. Clayton Keller
6. Luke Martin
7. Trent Frederic
8. Ben Gleason
9. Timmy Getinger
10. James Sanchez

HM: Noah Lalonde, Mitch Lewandowski, Nicholas McKeeby, Mitch Elliot, Keeghan Howdeshell

Matt Latorella and Stephen Dhillon seem to be the top American goaltenders

dean youngblood82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 10:13 PM
Futurehockeyscout98

Thanks. I think Jones,Pastujov and Brown will be solid pick ups.

Old
02-25-2014, 10:27 PM
Futurehockeyscout98

Payton McSharry who attends Shattuck St.Marys is he eligible for the OHL draft if he is from Anchorage,Alaska? Or is that WHL?

Old
02-26-2014, 08:15 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurehockeyscout98 View Post
Thanks. I think Jones,Pastujov and Brown will be solid pick ups.
I haven't seen Jones or Brown but I really REALLY like the Pastujov kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurehockeyscout98 View Post
Payton McSharry who attends Shattuck St.Marys is he eligible for the OHL draft if he is from Anchorage,Alaska? Or is that WHL?
I would guess he would be WHL property

dean youngblood82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 12:32 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
Some order of the following 10-15 players seem to be the consensus....order is pretty debatable.

1. Jakob Chychrun (dual citizen but most will likely consider him Canadian. Hasn't declared his interational intensions yet)
2. Max Jones
3. Nick Pastujov
4. Logan Bown
5. Clayton Keller
6. Luke Martin
7. Trent Frederic
8. Ben Gleason
9. Timmy Getinger
10. James Sanchez

HM: Noah Lalonde, Mitch Lewandowski, Nicholas McKeeby, Mitch Elliot, Keeghan Howdeshell

for me, Lewandowski makes the top 6 without a doubt. a bit on the smaller side, but pretty much the most offensively dynamic player on the list. superstar potential IMO. watched him a lot.

Lalonde belongs a bit higher then a few of the names as well as he is another solid kid that has the tools.

Jakob Chychrun probably doesn't even consider himself Canadian. The only person that does, seems to be his dad. Born and raised his entire life in the US, if this kid decides to represent Canada moving forward I don't know what I will do as this would be insane. Him and Krys on a USA Blue line would be glorious for the WJC.

Day's father seemed to be the big factor for that one so we will see how this all plays out.

AmericanDream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 12:33 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurehockeyscout98 View Post
payton mcsharry who attends shattuck st.marys is he eligible for the ohl draft if he is from anchorage,alaska? Or is that whl?
whl.

Old
02-26-2014, 01:55 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
I haven't seen Jones or Brown but I really REALLY like the Pastujov kid

I would guess he would be WHL property
I agree on Pastujov. I like him a lot. One of the most fun players to watch at the Midget level for me. His younger brother is also an excellent player and one to watch in the coming years.

I haven't seen Jones, either, but everything I'm told by those who have is very positive and he's very deserving of being listed where he is on most rankings.

Seen Brown a couple of times and all of the tools are there, it's just a matter of him wanting to use them. Was just commenting about him in another thread here. His effort and compete level aren't always there (at least in my viewings) and he has a habit of going through the motions out there sometimes but he's capable of taking over a game when he wants to. That's really my only issue with him at all and why I find him tricky to rank.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 02:33 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
I agree on Pastujov. I like him a lot. One of the most fun players to watch at the Midget level for me. His younger brother is also an excellent player and one to watch in the coming years.

I haven't seen Jones, either, but everything I'm told by those who have is very positive and he's very deserving of being listed where he is on most rankings.

Seen Brown a couple of times and all of the tools are there, it's just a matter of him wanting to use them. Was just commenting about him in another thread here. His effort and compete level aren't always there (at least in my viewings) and he has a habit of going through the motions out there sometimes but he's capable of taking over a game when he wants to. That's really my only issue with him at all and why I find him tricky to rank.
his brother Michael is going to be one heck of a wild card for next years OHL draft. pure sniper and enjoyable to watch. nice to see brothers like this coming up the ranks, haven't seen a lot of this since possibly the Hatcher, Ferraro, and Lachance brothers...though I am likely missing someone since. Chris and Peter Mueller are another two.

Old
02-27-2014, 01:50 PM
arsmaster

Question:

Why would Chychrun not consider himself Canadian, after just having represented Ontario at the U17?

Just to get into the tournament I presume?

I don't want to get into a mud slinging conversation, but is this no different than Galchenyuk being "American"?

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 04:06 PM
orangeandblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Question:

Why would Chychrun not consider himself Canadian, after just having represented Ontario at the U17?

I don't want to get into a mud slinging conversation, but is this no different than Galchenyuk being "American"?
Myers played for USA then switched to Canada in an IIHF event. I believe Cassels played for Ontario, and has yet to declare what country he will represent. Im sure there countless others who have played in USA select festivals, and repped another country. Im sure the same for Canada at U17s.

Chychrun may have just wanted to play in the tourney, or he may have decided on Canada. As I said before, Chychrun, out of all dual cases, would be the strangest if he did rep Canada.

orangeandblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2014, 07:22 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Question:

no prob and no mud sling here.

and to your question, I offer my question to the bolded part..

why would he?

he was born and raised in the US, never playing in Canada prior to this year, why would he consider himself Canadian?? never spent any time there. the only logical reason would be because his dad is pressuring him into that thinking.

and I wouldn't hold a non sanctioned IIHF event as the be all end all for who he plays for, look no further then Musil who played for team Pacific but will not represent Canada moving forward.

this is in no way, shape, or form anywhere near Galchenyuk who was still born in the US while playing all over. Jakob was born, trained, and developed here in the states only.

Old
02-27-2014, 08:49 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:

2. Max Jones
3. Nick Pastujov
4. Logan Bown
5. Clayton Keller
6. Luke Martin
7. Trent Frederic
8. Ben Gleason
9. Timmy Getinger
10. James Sanchez

I seen Timmy Getinger I few times last year and love his game. What's the chances he plays in the OHL? If his intentions were the OHL which I imagine they aren't, what round do you think he will be picked in?

defensehockey19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 10:55 AM
orangeandblack

How about some of the East Coast kids?

I thought Dave Melaragni from Team Comcast mm would get a little more hype.

Several of these kids will get NTDP looks, and are committed;

Dave Melaragni - D - Team Comcast
Adam Fox - D LI Gulls
AJ - Drobot - F - NJ Rockets
Dante Palecco - F - LI Gulls
Simon Butala - D - LI Gulls
Sam Sternschein - F - LI Gulls
Shaun Bily - F - NJ Titans
Cam Dineen - D - NJ Rockets
Patrick Harper - F - From Florida
Evan Wisocky - F - LI Gulls
Chris Grando - F - LI Gulls
Vlad Dzhioshvili - F - WB/S Knights, not sure on country status

Even though they are both Northeastern recruits, it wouldnt surprise me if Melaragni and Bily gave the OHL serious thought

orangeandblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 03:10 PM
FrontsFan21
Rookie User

Love both Pastujov's on U-16 HoneyBaked. Congrats on leading their team to a State Championship!

FrontsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2014, 06:53 PM
VOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
no prob and no mud sling here.

and to your question, I offer my question to the bolded part..

why would he?

he was born and raised in the US, never playing in Canada prior to this year, why would he consider himself Canadian?? never spent any time there. the only logical reason would be because his dad is pressuring him into that thinking.

and I wouldn't hold a non sanctioned IIHF event as the be all end all for who he plays for, look no further then Musil who played for team Pacific but will not represent Canada moving forward.

this is in no way, shape, or form anywhere near Galchenyuk who was still born in the US while playing all over. Jakob was born, trained, and developed here in the states only.
Yes but I think he will greatly disappoint USA Hockey fans and play for Canada...those who know him tell me that he always considered himself a "Canadian" hockey player (don't know why since he grew up in Florida) and sports a Team Canada logo on his Facebook page with no "USA" to be found anywhere...

Quote:
his brother Michael is going to be one heck of a wild card for next years OHL draft. pure sniper and enjoyable to watch.
No wildcard, this kid is the real deal and perhaps the top 99 in North America.

VOB is offline   Reply With Quote