Bell Konecny Gustavsen
Hill Abou-Assaly Feilding
Graham Dulong Urbanic
Studicka

Middelton Lintuniemi
Duschene Guy
Vlajko Henley
Slaboda
Did Nevin Guy play D at all last year? Seemed like he was mostly playing up front.

Old
08-16-2013, 10:08 AM
Johnsb

vCash: 500
He played both. Not a bad thing for a team to have someone that can play both.

Old
08-16-2013, 06:16 PM
sureloss

vCash: 50
Just a little background on Hill, red line report had him going in the 1st round of the 2013 draft at the start of last season before dropping off the radar.

http://www.redlinereport.com/wp-cont...-Spotlight.pdf

Old
08-17-2013, 03:45 PM
vegas

Line up

From what I have seen in the past weeks the line is more likely to look like this.

Gustavsen,Monahan,Blandisi
About-Assaly,Salituro,Bell
Van Stralen, Konecny, Hill
Studicka,McDonald,Fanjoy
Dulong,Brown,Walsh

Middelton Lintuniemi
Duschene Guy
Vlajko Henley
Slaboda, Davis

Last edited by vegas: 08-17-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Old
08-18-2013, 04:59 PM
gerard leublond

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas View Post
From what I have seen in the past weeks the line is more likely to look like this.

Studicka,McDonald,Fanjoy
Dulong,Brown,Walsh

Middelton Lintuniemi
Duschene Guy
Vlajko Henley
Slaboda, Davis
Looks to be reasonable but am hearing Duschene and Henley will be a pair. Guy is a left handed shooter as is Duschene , Henley has a right shot.

Old
08-18-2013, 05:14 PM
gerard leublond

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerard leublond View Post
Looks to be reasonable but am hearing Duschene and Henley will be a pair. Guy is a left handed shooter as is Duschene , Henley has a right shot.
Also: Middleton, Vlajkov and Lintuniemi are all left shooters.

Old
08-18-2013, 08:50 PM
sirius67fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerard leublond View Post
Also: Middleton, Vlajkov and Lintuniemi are all left shooters.
What's up with Desautel, nobody seems to be mentioning him?

Old
08-19-2013, 05:54 AM
vegas

2013-14 team

Well it truly seems like this years try outs will be a true tryout for most, as those who played on last years disaster may find that they aren't good enough to be in the ohl this year as the rookies have more potential and upside then players of the likes of Desautel, and others who played on last years team. Nobody is safe except the obvious players such as Salituro, Abou-Assaly, Van Stralen, gustavsen,hill, Koneckny those types of players..the d is pretty much what I stated it should e.

Old
08-19-2013, 07:43 AM
valleylad

Agreed with last post. The way I see it there are 9 D coming to camp for 7 spots, 6 from last year plus Henley and the 2 imports so likely 2 from last year's team will be gone. I wouldn't rule out a trade of someone like Vlajkov if the likes of Guy, Davis, Desaultels, Henley and imports have good camps. He would bring the most back in a trade. As far as forwards its wide open as well. I wouldn't say Abou is a lock. He didn't do much at all last year.

Old
08-24-2013, 03:50 PM
sirius67fan

Training camp finally. Every year a few surprises make the team. Last year brown and davis made it . Anybody have any thoughts on this years surprise. L'm thinking Dylan Mcdonald might have a shot especially if the 67's tgink Monaghann is not back(praying everyday he's back for another year..just love to see him play.

Old
08-25-2013, 11:13 PM
jolly roger

IMO it all starts with goaltending. Where are we going with that?

Old
08-26-2013, 05:40 AM
Johnsb

Any line-up for the camp?

Old
08-27-2013, 02:08 PM
sfan

Here are the camp rosters:
http://www.ottawa67s.com/article/67-..._147304/147304

... and the camp schedule:
The camp begins on Wednesday, August 28th at the Fred Barrett Arena (3280 Leitrim Rd, Gloucester, ON) at 1:30 PM.
Below are the on-ice times when camp will be open to the public:
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 28, 2013)
1:30-3:00 PM TEAM BLACK (COUTURE): ON ICE PRACTICE @ FRED BARRETT ARENA
3:00-4:30 PM TEAM WHITE (CAMPBELL): ON ICE PRACTICE @ FRED BARRETT ARENA

THURSDAY, AUGUST 29, 2013:
9:30-11:30 AM (TEAM COUTURE @ TEAM CAMPBELL, FRED BARRETT ARENA)
3:30-5:30 PM (TEAM CAMPBELL @ TEAM COUTURE, FRED BARRETT ARENA)

FRIDAY, AUGUST 30, 2013:
9:30-11:30 AM (TEAM CAMPBELL @ TEAM COUTURE, FRED BARRETT ARENA)
3:00-5:00 PM (TEAM COUTURE @ TEAM CAMPBELL, FRED BARRETT ARENA)

SATURDAY, AUGUST 31, 2013:
9:30-11:30 AM (TEAM COUTURE @ TEAM CAMPBELL, FRED BARRETT ARENA)
3:30-5:30 PM (TEAM CAMPBELL @ TEAM COUTURE, FRED BARRETT ARENA)

Old
08-28-2013, 05:31 PM
sirius67fan

Wondering if anybody saw the practises at camp today? Anybody looked good? Read that AAA really bulked up during the summer and i'm also intrigued about conor graham and tyler hill,the new additions. Any info/observations would be appreciated.

Old
08-30-2013, 01:15 PM
sirius67fan

Was at scrimmage this am. A few thoughts/observations. Best player on the ice was Blandisi by far. Did not look out of place at center. Konecny was as advertised. He's gonna make some defencemen look silly in his ohl career and I think could get 50pts this year.AAA has bulked up big time which should help him a lot as last year he had trouble competing physically.Salituro looked good. Conor Graham also showed well playing with konecny. Tyler Hill is big!! Also did show good hands but seem to have a bit of trouble with the speed of the game,as i don't think he's played in a league with the speed of the o yet so will need a bit of time to acclimatize. I also thought that fanjoy and mcdonald both 2013 picks played well,both have good size and compete. They probably both need to work a bit on their skating,so probably a year away but would be surprised if not 67's in the future. As for the D Middleton was the best on the ice. Lintuniemi also looked good ,big boy not flashy but solid just what we need. I also thought Desautel played well . As for Sloboda the other import i liked what i saw. Good skater and hockey sense who also plays a simple game . Probably starts the year as 6 or 7 D but could move up and should be a good one by next year. As for the goalies imo Blair was the best this am, windsor was fine after an early goal and did well in shootout. Also kudos to Manella who i thought played very well in the early going to keep white in the game as it could have been 5-0 without him

Old
08-30-2013, 02:47 PM
cato0009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirius67fan View Post
Was at scrimmage this am. A few thoughts/observations. Best player on the ice was Blandisi by far. Did not look out of place at center. Konecny was as advertised. He's gonna make some defencemen look silly in his ohl career and I think could get 50pts this year.AAA has bulked up big time which should help him a lot as last year he had trouble competing physically.Salituro looked good. Conor Graham also showed well playing with konecny. Tyler Hill is big!! Also did show good hands but seem to have a bit of trouble with the speed of the game,as i don't think he's played in a league with the speed of the o yet so will need a bit of time to acclimatize. I also thought that fanjoy and mcdonald both 2013 picks played well,both have good size and compete. They probably both need to work a bit on their skating,so probably a year away but would be surprised if not 67's in the future. As for the D Middleton was the best on the ice. Lintuniemi also looked good ,big boy not flashy but solid just what we need. I also thought Desautel played well . As for Sloboda the other import i liked what i saw. Good skater and hockey sense who also plays a simple game . Probably starts the year as 6 or 7 D but could move up and should be a good one by next year. As for the goalies imo Blair was the best this am, windsor was fine after an early goal and did well in shootout. Also kudos to Manella who i thought played very well in the early going to keep white in the game as it could have been 5-0 without him
Great, thanks for this! It good to hear a lot of the new recruits are looking sharp. Other than few tweets its been really tough to find any info as to how 67s training camp had been going thus far. I was going to take a drive down this morning but the Fred Barret is just too far of a drive from where I live, unfortunately.

Apparently, the likes of D. Potter and Pettacio are amongst the first round of notable cuts today. I dont have the official list but thats what I read on twitter. It should be intersting to see which other veterans dont make the cut this year. Im guessing Walsh, Brown, Guy and possibly Ubanic are all gone sooner rather than later with all the new additions coming in.

Old
08-30-2013, 04:06 PM
valleylad

Don't know what you are watching. I have been at every scrimmage and Middleton has been brutal. Him and Henley were on the ice 6 of the 7 goals this afternoon and overall he has been scored on the most of any D out there. Let's be serious just because he is a 1st round pick doesn't mean we can't speak the truth about his play. Davis, Guy, Duschene, Ueros have all been better than him. Agree on konechy, exceptional talent.

Old
08-30-2013, 04:20 PM
sirius67fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleylad View Post
Don't know what you are watching. I have been at every scrimmage and Middleton has been brutal. Him and Henley were on the ice 6 of the 7 goals this afternoon and overall he has been scored on the most of any D out there. Let's be serious just because he is a 1st round pick doesn't mean we can't speak the truth about his play. Davis, Guy, Duschene, Ueros have all been better than him. Agree on konechy, exceptional talent.
Don't know about the other scrimmages but i thought Middleton played well this am except got badly caught up ice for a two on one and a goal. Also if he's played mostly with a rookie it can impact his +/-. Concensus of the scouts is Henley a good talent but i agree based on what i saw this morning it will take a bit of time.

Old
08-30-2013, 04:23 PM
sirius67fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cato0009 View Post
Great, thanks for this! It good to hear a lot of the new recruits are looking sharp. Other than few tweets its been really tough to find any info as to how 67s training camp had been going thus far. I was going to take a drive down this morning but the Fred Barret is just too far of a drive from where I live, unfortunately.

Apparently, the likes of D. Potter and Pettacio are amongst the first round of notable cuts today. I dont have the official list but thats what I read on twitter. It should be intersting to see which other veterans dont make the cut this year. Im guessing Walsh, Brown, Guy and possibly Ubanic are all gone sooner rather than later with all the new additions coming in.
Didn't know cuts were already made. Anybody have more info? If true that Pettacio cut I wouldn't be surprised he looked disinterested this am.

Old
08-31-2013, 03:49 PM
vegas

Today's scrimage

I watched only a few minutes of this afternoons practice as I was in the area so I popped in. I really lied the Koneckny, Van Stralen bad Fielding pairing.Also thought Gustafson looked faster then he did last year, and he and Salituro had some chemistry. I think Hill is huge and should make it on the third or fourth line.

Old
09-01-2013, 08:32 AM
vegas

Sept 1

[QUOTE=vegas;70290935]From what I have seen in the past weeks the line is more likely to look like this.

Studicka,McDonald,Fanjoy
Dulong,Brown,Walsh

Middelton Lintuniemi
Duschene Guy
Vlajko Henley
Slaboda, Davis[/QUOTE

Seems like my initial impressions of what this team would look like are not far off. I got 100 % on defence and about 90% right on offence.I forgot Fielding in my first attemp oopsand Urbanic was a surprise to me on this final roster. i also thought Fanjoy had a chance..maybe next season.
I would have to add that Windsor would be gone as it serves us best to let Blair play more .

Team so far looks like this

Gustavsen,Salituro,Blandisi
Vanstralen, konecny, Fielding
Walsh,brown,Hill
urbanic,Dulong,bell
Studnicka,Macdonald,Abou-Assaly

Not in any line combo ......as of yet

On D..

Vlajkov, Middleton,
Guy,Duchesne
Davis,Lintuniemi
Henley,Sloboda

goal
Mannella, Blair
Windsor.

Old
09-01-2013, 02:38 PM
overtheboards

heard abou-assaly got hurt seriously on Saturday , anyone have info ??

Old
09-01-2013, 11:08 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas View Post
I watched only a few minutes of this afternoons practice as I was in the area so I popped in. I really lied the Koneckny, Van Stralen bad Fielding pairing.Also thought Gustafson looked faster then he did last year, and he and Salituro had some chemistry. I think Hill is huge and should make it on the third or fourth line.
Hill is a beast! You don't teach SIZE and he has hands for a giant...rare! Give him a few more weeks and this 18 year old will be top 6 up front with with ease. What a great signing and didn't have to deal anyone for him so that's a solid bonus.

Old
09-02-2013, 09:00 AM
OMG67

A lot needs to go right for the 67's to have any sort of real success this year. I highly doubt this year will be successful for them.

First, I hate those that suggest making the playoffs is a goal. This is the OHL and 8 of 10 teams in each conference make the playoffs. Bad teams make the playoffs every year. So, please, if you are responding to this post, do not suggest that making the playoffs is a "possibility" because 25 wins is probably good enough to make the playoffs depending on how poor the other bad teams are.

Keep in mind that last year the 67's had Monahan, Graovac, and Ceci and were a bad team. This year they will obviously have neither of those players. Sure, we may get Monahan for a few weeks if he is sent back from Calgary but that is the best we can hope for. If sent back, he won't return until sometime in November. Then he will go to WJHC Team Canada camp in December and will be traded upon his return from the tournament in January. This team is still rebuilding and all comments from Byrne have suggested that he will continue to stock the cupboards for the future. It was also suggested this past week that if last year was more of a sellers market rather than a buyers market, Monahan would have been traded last year. Do not expect Monahan to play a significant role for the 67's this year. He won't.

Now on to the rest of the team. I like guys like Blandisi, Gus, and RVS. I like watching them play. But, they aren't strong enough to carry a team. They are great support players on a championship calibre team. I really hope Salituro can step up this year and continue his progress but at 17, I don't think he is ready to carry a large load either. I hear AAA has bulked up which should give him the strength needed to compete at a higher level but, again, at 17 he is still a little too young. Konecny will get loads of ice in the 2nd half and we should see some great progression through the year for him. Unfortunately, it is too much to ask a 16 year old to carry the ball for you. Outside those players, there really isn't a lot left for the 67's up front. Some suggest Tyler Hill but the jury is out on him. I don't usually put too much stock into players that fall off the face of the Earth in one season. This forward unit will struggle to score goals on a consistent basis. However, it does look like a bunch that could form a great core going into next year as they get older and more experienced.

The defence is what worries me most. They have some pieces that could work out great but there are still too many questions back there. There isn't one single go to guy in the bunch that the others can rely on. For me, that is a problem. They have some pretty powerful youth that should develop quite well but they aren't quite there yet. I look for bigger things out of Vlajkov this year though. I think he can step up and lead but he needs to put his big boy pants on. Duchesne is one year older and should start to be more of an impact player but he is probably still one year too young for him to make the type of difference we need. The Imports may be fun to watch but never rely on Imports pre-season. They can be flaky at times and many more get lost than find their way. I hope the best for them but I will reserve the right to wait a few months before an evaluation can be made. Look for Byrne to add an OA on defence sometime soon.

It was great to see Mannella stand tall in net. It would be even better if we were to see his become another Danny Battochio walk on! This is somewhat wishful thinking on my part but we have seen it happen in the past so here's to hoping it happens again. Regardless of that, I am ok with Windsor and Blair. For the type of season we are looking at, both will do well enough. Although, if Mannella proves himself, we can unload Windsor and open up an OA spot at another position.

The 67's have a moto on their dressing room wall at the Civic centre that states, "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work!" I believe in that. If this team can work hard every shift, they have enough size to be a tough team to play against. They need to be that team to have any success. Last year's team was lethargic at times and let teams pounce on them. Here's to hoping this year is different.

Closed Thread