HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ottawa-Boston Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2005, 05:54 PM
DaveMatthew

vCash: 500
Ottawa-Boston Proposal

To Boston:
Todd White
Bryan Smolinski
Alexei Kaigorodov

To Ottawa:
Andrew Raycroft

Here is my reasoning:
This trade is good for Boston because there are many who believe that Hannu Toivonen will be the goalie of the future, not Raycroft. Also, they have about 5 players signed for next year. In a cap league, Todd White would be a very valuable player. A consistant center who makes slightly more than a million dollars. Smolinski is also a solid second line player who can play all three forward positions, and would add some depth. Kaigorodov is an up and coming prospect who had an incredible season in Russia.

This trade would be good for Ottawa as it would give them a young goaltender who, in his first season, showed that he is pretty good. That would be a better bet than going with an unproven Emery.

Old
05-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Clutch Mediocrity

Deal.

Old
05-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
excuse me while i go laugh my ass off in the other room

Old
05-19-2005, 06:11 PM
Dark Knight
#WeTheGooners

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
excuse me while i go laugh my ass off in the other room
you're not funny, first of all. And if you're soo against this deal from whoever's perspective, please tell us...dont just SAY something.

Old
05-19-2005, 06:12 PM
Bruins4Ever

Send a message via MSN to Bruins4Ever
I wouldn't want Smoke. How much does Ottawa value Alfreddson, because a deal involving Raycroft/Toivonen for Alfreddson or something near those lines could happen.

Also, I want to see what Toivonen can do in the NHL before we trade one of them. No sense in trading Raycroft now, when Toivonen is still a question mark.

Old
05-19-2005, 06:14 PM
DaveMatthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4Ever
I wouldn't want Smoke. How much does Ottawa value Alfreddson, because a deal involving Raycroft/Toivonen for Alfreddson or something near those lines could happen.

Also, I want to see what Toivonen can do in the NHL before we trade one of them. No sense in trading Raycroft now, when Toivonen is still a question mark.
I don't think Ottawa would ever deal Alfredsson for either. Let's remember that Raycroft has only had one good year.

Old
05-19-2005, 06:15 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

I won't go into the '2 nickels to get a dime' song and dance... but this deal would be a resounding NO just for the simple fact that Ottawa is in the same division as the Bruins.

Old
05-19-2005, 06:29 PM
Matty

I'm going out on a limb here but I would imagine that if Boston were gonna trade Raycroft (which IMO they have no incentive to do yet), then they would want one young player of equal value/impact in return. I can't see them being interested in 'filler' that they could easily find in what will likely be an oversaturated UFA market. Kaigorodov would be nice but not enough.

Old
05-19-2005, 06:42 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoach
To Boston:
Todd White
Bryan Smolinski
Alexei Kaigorodov

To Ottawa:
Andrew Raycroft

Here is my reasoning:
This trade is good for Boston because there are many who believe that Hannu Toivonen will be the goalie of the future, not Raycroft. Also, they have about 5 players signed for next year. In a cap league, Todd White would be a very valuable player. A consistant center who makes slightly more than a million dollars. Smolinski is also a solid second line player who can play all three forward positions, and would add some depth. Kaigorodov is an up and coming prospect who had an incredible season in Russia.

This trade would be good for Ottawa as it would give them a young goaltender who, in his first season, showed that he is pretty good. That would be a better bet than going with an unproven Emery.

I don't see Smolinski having much trade value.If I'm Boston,I don't want White as the key to a Raycroft deal.

How about a Volchenov(sp) for Raycroft?

Old
05-19-2005, 06:44 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDdY
you're not funny, first of all. And if you're soo against this deal from whoever's perspective, please tell us...dont just SAY something.
don't need to be funny with this bad proposal, it speaks for itself

Old
05-19-2005, 07:08 PM
Path Of The Beserker
Greasy Swede

maybe volchenkov and a pick for raycroft?

Boynton
Gonchar
Volchenkov
Stuart
Alberts
Gill
Girard/Jurcina

Old
05-19-2005, 07:12 PM
Matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
I don't see Smolinski having much trade value.If I'm Boston,I don't want White as the key to a Raycroft deal.

How about a Volchenov(sp) for Raycroft?
I was thinking the same. Volchenkov is the type of player that I think Boston would look for. But I still don't think they'd want to deal Raycroft just yet...especially to a rival.

Old
05-19-2005, 07:26 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Why don't you offer some real assetts if you want someones young number 1 goalie?

Why are Ottawa fans always offering Todd White in every single trade proposal?

Old
05-19-2005, 08:01 PM
Trottier
Very Random

This deal makes little sense for Boston.

Hannu Toivonen may be the goalie of the future. Accentuate "may".

Even if he is the future, Boston has ABSOLUTELY NO REASON WHATSOEVER to be waiting for the future, not with Thornton, Murray, Samsonov, etc. hitting their primes. The time to concentrate on for that team is NOW. They can worry about "the future" when the future comes.

Trade Raycroft and their aspirations to win a Cup NOW are diminished, significantly.

Final observation: every single indication is that Toivonen has the chance to be a star in the NHL, no argument there. However, Raycroft, albeit for just one season, has proven that he is a solid NHL goalie. And, at his young age, he too, has the potential to develop even more. Personally, I don't believe in quickly passing off guys who accomplished something in the NHL, on the assumption that a prospect will automatically step in and - presto! - replace, let alone be an improvement over, the known commodity.

Last edited by Trottier: 05-24-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old
05-19-2005, 11:22 PM
sensens

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
Why don't you offer some real assetts if you want someones young number 1 goalie?
Why are Ottawa fans always offering Todd White in every single trade proposal?
It's the belief among many Ottawa fans that Todd White is immediately going to be traded, and that he's going to be attractive enough to other teams because of his salary to garner a big return. Personally, I'm convinced of neither... I think you'll probably see White centring our 2nd or 3rd line, and still playing some pretty important minutes. He's versatile, hard-working, inexpensive, home-grown, and under contract. And lastly, he's very underappreciated by a lot of Senators fans... that is, until it comes time for them to discuss trade options. Ultimately he falls squarely under the 'more valuable to our team than in trade' heading, and for a team that still needs to manage its player assets carefully, that will keep him in town for a while yet.

Obviously you're right... you go after a young #1 goaltender, you've got to be offering something more substantial than that. If Boston deals Raycroft right now, he probably won't be the best player in the deal, which should tell you something about the expected return.

Last edited by sensens: 05-19-2005 at 11:33 PM.
Old
05-20-2005, 08:46 AM
Wondercarrot
Classless

Is anyone here sold on Raycroft? Im not and wouldn't give up Kaigorodov for him.
He's good but so what, there are plenty of 'good' goalies. If Ottawa trades for a goalie it will be for one of the best and overpay if they have to.
There is zero point in trading for a guy like Raycroft.
They'd be better off playing Prusek or getting a FA goalie.

Old
05-20-2005, 09:39 AM
sensens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot
Is anyone here sold on Raycroft? Im not and wouldn't give up Kaigorodov for him.
Wow... to each their own, but I'd certainly rather have Raycroft and Prusek in nets than hold on to the rights of a still pretty unproven Russian prospect who may never even make the jump over to the NHL. I don't think you're going to find a whole lot of support for your argument.

Old
05-20-2005, 10:18 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

So the Bruins get a second line center, a third line center, and a center prospect for a young, talented starting goalie? I'd say no way as a Bruins GM.

Not to mention, as said already, they're in the same division.

Old
05-20-2005, 10:48 AM
Roy G Biv*

No for Sens

We are not in the marketplace for a "Maybe" goalie. We either get an accomplished superstar or bust

Old
05-20-2005, 11:06 AM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
No way, Raycroft at this point is worth more than that. No reason the Bruins would trade him at this point. The Habs/Bruins series would of ended much sooner last season without Raycroft in the nets for Boston, he was OUTSTANDING. He was great in his first season AND playoffs, for a goalie, that's VERY good.

Old
05-24-2005, 04:22 PM
machine_head_2002

if ottawa wanted raycroft they would have to be willing to dangle martin havlat.

Old
05-24-2005, 04:47 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboner
No for Sens

We are not in the marketplace for a "Maybe" goalie. We either get an accomplished superstar or bust
Luckily in Hasek they got both.

Old
05-25-2005, 08:08 AM
Wondercarrot
Classless

Quote:
if ottawa wanted raycroft they would have to be willing to dangle martin havlat.
Fortunately we don't want him, so that's not going to be a problem.

Old
05-25-2005, 08:50 AM
machine_head_2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot
Fortunately we don't want him, so that's not going to be a problem.

are you a part of the organization?

Old
05-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Ottawa would have to do better than a couple of supporting forwards and a prospect for Boston's young starting goalie.

Closed Thread