HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Henrik Lundqvist; will he stay or go?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-27-2013, 07:20 PM
  #101
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,645
vCash: 50
He's also 31 so it ain't another Ray Bourque thing.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 07:28 PM
  #102
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz
 
McDonagh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,570
vCash: 1350
I think looking at the Avery and Savard tweets, the players don't much buy into Torts anymore. But obviously, who knows?

McDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 07:30 PM
  #103
Fataldogg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonimaus View Post
If he leaves now or next year there is 0% chance his name will be in the rafters. Meanwhile if he stays career out, there's a 99,9% chance his name will be in the rafters.
Next year he will be the all time most winning goaltender in NYR history. His name will be in the rafters, whether he spends the rest of his career on this team or not.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 07:31 PM
  #104
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonagh View Post
I think looking at the Avery and Savard tweets, the players don't much buy into Torts anymore. But obviously, who knows?
What the hell would they know? Especially Savard?

haohmaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 07:37 PM
  #105
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,645
vCash: 50
Savard? Marc Savard? What did he say?

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 07:38 PM
  #106
M0rbid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cave
Country: United States
Posts: 7,735
vCash: 500
LOL Marc Savard? He must be watching a lot of rangers game.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 07:41 PM
  #107
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
marc savard ‏@MSavvy91 23 May
Tortorella should get fired right after the game he has ruined all of his players confidence #Richardswillget80pointsnextyear #ByeByeTorts

after:

marc savard ‏@MSavvy91 23 May
I'm just mad at Torts because if I recall in 2004 Richards helped him win the cup #connsmythe all I'm saying is live or die with your guy!!!

(so: he knows nothing)

haohmaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 07:47 PM
  #108
ThisYearsModel
Registered User
 
ThisYearsModel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 6,888
vCash: 500
Hank was/is buds with Avery and Gaborik. He is also a smart dude and would not leave $ on the table. Is his reaction a negotiating ploy? Perhaps. If it is not.......uh oh. It is entirely possible that he is sick of Tortorella and feels that he is an impediment to winning.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 07:49 PM
  #109
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,645
vCash: 50
Avery is one thing, but Savard? LOL.

Now I'm waiting on Valtteri Flippula calling for Johnny Cakes' head.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 07:50 PM
  #110
Cake or Death
.
 
Cake or Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonimaus View Post
If he leaves now or next year there is 0% chance his name will be in the rafters. Meanwhile if he stays career out, there's a 99,9% chance his name will be in the rafters.
No one can make definitive statements like that. If he even slightly holds pace, he's easily going to the hall of fame. Not to mention he's the best caliber goalie the NYR have seen since Ed Giacomin.

Cake or Death is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 08:07 PM
  #111
Jonimaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lund
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake or Death View Post
No one can make definitive statements like that. If he even slightly holds pace, he's easily going to the hall of fame. Not to mention he's the best caliber goalie the NYR have seen since Ed Giacomin.
Oh okay, let me rephrase it: Unless he suddenly becomes the worst goalie in the NHL and has a bunch of 0 wins 82 losses seasons in NYR, his name will be in the rafters.

I just assumed everyone agreed that scenario is very unlikely. My bad.

If you mean the "leave now and no rafters" thing, I personally can't see it. He has what, 6 good years in him left at least, that's almost half his career. If he was traded/left, and had great success with his new team, you'd still think rangers would retire him?

Jonimaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 08:17 PM
  #112
JayQueensNY88*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Who does he throw under the bus? What favorites does he play? He benched an old favorite in the two most important games of the season, for ****'s sake.

Some of you guys are hysterical. Just making up random **** to suit your "point."
You watch Rangers games? I shouldn't have to answer. Threw Hagelin right under the bus. Talks **** bout Kreider ,treats him like ****,Gaborik treated like ****. Big fkn deal he benched Richards for two games. Plays Boyle like he's a God. Need I go on? U r a Rangers fan right? I guess I just made all this **** up

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 08:21 PM
  #113
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 4,286
vCash: 500
If saying that a player sucks on the PP whole praising the rest of his game is 'throwing him under a bus' then the bar really hasn't been set very high

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 08:23 PM
  #114
JayQueensNY88*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Who does he throw under the bus? What favorites does he play? He benched an old favorite in the two most important games of the season, for ****'s sake.

Some of you guys are hysterical. Just making up random **** to suit your "point."
Yeah and u believe Tortorella new NY was going to win them games. Everyone knew NYR was as good as done. Lets be realistic. Most important games of the season. Take all that I BELIEVE **** and get real man

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 08:24 PM
  #115
DudMan28
Registered User
 
DudMan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
You can build a solid core foundation with mid round picks, but I think it's very tough to take the next step as consistent cup contenders without one or more lottery picks developed into elite talent on the roster. (Assuming you don't hit the jackpot with late round picks and grab an elite player or two)
Rick Nash-Lottery pick talent
Hank- Lottery Pick talent
McD-Lottery Pick talent

Three players with lottery pick/top 5 talent. Not sure how much more you want on a team. You cant have a team full of superstars.

When you build a team around certain guys and they don't perform (i.e. Brad Richards) your going to struggle. I dont think this team is as far off as you claim they are. Its a lock-out season with a completely revamped roster. Think about the roster at the end of last season to the team that went into round 1 against the Caps.

DudMan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 08:25 PM
  #116
JayQueensNY88*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
If saying that a player sucks on the PP whole praising the rest of his game is 'throwing him under a bus' then the bar really hasn't been set very high
You don't say that publicly about a 22/23 year old who is just in a few seasons. Common dude,u have common sense,use it. If u think that's right then u need to wake up man

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 08:27 PM
  #117
JayQueensNY88*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Oh I'm sorry, we are in agreement. I was confused. I probably worded it incorrectly. But yes, I don't think the players like playing for Tortorella.
They don't. I think there sick of his favoritism ******** ******* tactics

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 08:28 PM
  #118
JayQueensNY88*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonagh View Post
I think looking at the Avery and Savard tweets, the players don't much buy into Torts anymore. But obviously, who knows?
I was thinking the same but forgot to mention it. Mainly by what Avery said. He said t for a reason,IMO. There's a little truth behind everything in most cases

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 08:30 PM
  #119
JayQueensNY88*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudMan28 View Post
You cant have a team full of superstars.
Yes you can,if your the Pitts Pens and have Lemieux and Bettman has some weird crush on you

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 08:34 PM
  #120
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 4,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
You don't say that publicly about a 22/23 year old who is just in a few seasons. Common dude,u have common sense,use it. If u think that's right then u need to wake up man
I do have common sense, we just have different ideas on what is acceptable to say about a 22/23 year old. No big deal.

I do need to wake up but my job is so boring today. Horrible...

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 08:41 PM
  #121
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,015
vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
What players has Torts alienated?
I can see Hagelin being one of them.

I can see Kreider being another.

The publically calling out of players may have a good impact the first time it happens, but it QUICKLY loses steam when you do that more than once.

Additionally, when some players still play after making errors while a kid like Kreider gets benched for periods at a time for making the same mistake, the "lesson" is no longer there to be learned.

Every coach loses the room eventually. Well 99% of them do. It's no secret that Torts has an abrasive personality and that turns players off after a while.

His "boy" Richards has shown to be a bust signing. We still don't know how the Torts Nash relationship will evolve. I can tell you that Hank has got to be getting frustrated with the lack of offence and while some blame can be put on the players, not having a system that generates offence is all on Torts. As well is the lack of a functioning PP.

Back to the point of the thread, I don't see Hank going anywhere unless there is a significant rift with the coach and the team backs the coach.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 08:42 PM
  #122
JayQueensNY88*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I can see Hagelin being one of them.

I can see Kreider being another.

The publically calling out of players may have a good impact the first time it happens, but it QUICKLY loses steam when you do that more than once.

Additionally, when some players still play after making errors while a kid like Kreider gets benched for periods at a time for making the same mistake, the "lesson" is no longer there to be learned.

Every coach loses the room eventually. Well 99% of them do. It's no secret that Torts has an abrasive personality and that turns players off after a while.

His "boy" Richards has shown to be a bust signing. We still don't know how the Torts Nash relationship will evolve. I can tell you that Hank has got to be getting frustrated with the lack of offence and while some blame can be put on the players, not having a system that generates offence is all on Torts. As well is the lack of a functioning PP.

Back to the point of the thread, I don't see Hank going anywhere unless there is a significant rift with the coach and the team backs the coach.
ty very much! I couldn't agree more

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 08:43 PM
  #123
JayQueensNY88*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
I do have common sense, we just have different ideas on what is acceptable to say about a 22/23 year old. No big deal.

I do need to wake up but my job is so boring today. Horrible...
Hopefully ya getting time and a 1/2 if not ya getting ****ed. Better you then me! Hahaha

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 08:52 PM
  #124
Cake or Death
.
 
Cake or Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonimaus View Post
Oh okay, let me rephrase it: Unless he suddenly becomes the worst goalie in the NHL and has a bunch of 0 wins 82 losses seasons in NYR, his name will be in the rafters.

I just assumed everyone agreed that scenario is very unlikely. My bad.

If you mean the "leave now and no rafters" thing, I personally can't see it. He has what, 6 good years in him left at least, that's almost half his career. If he was traded/left, and had great success with his new team, you'd still think rangers would retire him?
It's hard to say with how utterly atrocious this team is at retiring numbers. Cook and Boucher aren't retired but Graves and Richter are? Are you ****ing kidding me? Richter's number is retired and he's marginally in the team's all-time top 5 goalies. Dave Kerr won a Cup but also has a Vezina and a few AST selections. Chuck Rayner won a Hart in net on some lousy teams. Point is, there's no way to see with this organization who they'll retire. They're completely retarded about it and it seems to be more about popularity than who actually deserves it.

Cake or Death is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 08:55 PM
  #125
Jonimaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lund
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake or Death View Post
It's hard to say with how utterly atrocious this team is at retiring numbers. Cook and Boucher aren't retired but Graves and Richter are? Are you ****ing kidding me? Richter's number is retired and he's marginally in the team's all-time top 5 goalies. Dave Kerr won a Cup but also has a Vezina and a few AST selections. Chuck Rayner won a Hart in net on some lousy teams. Point is, there's no way to see with this organization who they'll retire. They're completely retarded about it and it seems to be more about popularity than who actually deserves it.
What about if we change my post to: 0% he should be retired if he leaves now, and 99,9% he should be if he stays his whole career.

Jonimaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.