HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Calgary Flames - New Jerseys for 2013-2014?

Old
05-27-2013, 04:52 PM
calgaryflames

vCash: 500
Calgary Flames - New Jerseys for 2013-2014?

Hey guys, I have read rumours this year that the Flames are getting rid of their retro red jerseys (huge mistake in my eyes). Rumour is that they are bringing in a new third. Those jerseys are beautiful, and in fact, I believe those should become their permanent home jerseys. They should also bring back the white jerseys from the same era (80's) as their road jerseys and completely new third jersey design. I for one am not a fan of their current home and away uniforms. I hate the flags on the shoulders and the fireman red has simply got to go. With Iginla, and likely Kipper gone, I think its time for an overhaul and we should step away from the 04 jerseys. One thing to note, I had gone in to Jersey City maybe 3 or 4 months ago and noticed that their retro red jerseys were on sale (I think $40 off regular price, I could be wrong on the price) and I decided to ask the guy working if the Flames were getting rid of them since I noticed the jerseys were on sale. He told me no, they just had huge stock and needed to get rid of some. I just think he didn't know and gave me the obvious answer. What do you guys think? Do you feel we need new jerseys?

calgaryflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 04:57 PM
calgaryflames

Even the mid 90's jerseys were nice in my eyes. I understand there were not too many fans of those uniforms but I think that orange/red was a nice colour. I do remember fans not liking them mainly because of the piping on those jerseys, but I thought the piping was rather unique and not seen on any other jerseys in the league. I don't see the team going back to that look but I feel they should go back to the 80's look. Much like our rival Oilers have done. Gotta love those copper/blue jerseys from the Oiler glory days. Flames should follow, and perhaps reignite the Battle of Alberta as well.

Old
05-27-2013, 04:57 PM
JurassicTunga

I wish we would wear these:

This as our away jersey would be sweet:

JurassicTunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 05:03 PM
calgaryflames

^that white one isn't bad. not feeling that black one on there. but does anybody know if the flames are actually planning on getting rid of that retro red?

Old
05-27-2013, 05:10 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
I adore our retro ones so I will be sad to see them go, but it would be good to see the club get a bit of a new identity due to recent events.

Nothing too drastic but something markedly different from the current jerseys.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 05:11 PM
Trae

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1408317&page=3

Thread from about a month back. My favourite is Split98's (Spencer?) off-white concept at the top of page 3, although I must say I think I'd prefer the modern white concept he added at the end of the thread even more.

Trae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 05:14 PM
Trae

I'm hoping the rumours of us getting rid of the third jersey means that they are becoming our primary jerseys and that we'll be getting a new third jersey as a result.

Old
05-27-2013, 05:25 PM
special_loob

the red on the retro and the current is actually the same shade. it's only because of the red/black that makes it seem darker and the red/white/yellow that makes it seem more orange.

special_loob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 05:37 PM
WhoahNow

Calgary's retro reds are so sick! I hope the Flames just use those from now on.

WhoahNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 05:43 PM
Trae

Quote:
Originally Posted by special_loob View Post
the red on the retro and the current is actually the same shade. it's only because of the red/black that makes it seem darker and the red/white/yellow that makes it seem more orange.
Was going to mention this as well. Lots of people were worried that the sea of red would look different with light and dark reds when we first introduced the retro.

Old
05-27-2013, 05:50 PM
calgaryflames

Quote:
Originally Posted by special_loob View Post
is it actually the same? I don't own a red and black one so I cant really compare it but I honestly don't think its the same shade. Also not a fan of having a black flaming C. should be red or white, no other colour.

Old
07-13-2013, 01:05 AM
Sventastic47

Just wondering if anyone heard anything else about this?? And does anyone know what number Monahan will be on the Flames

Sventastic47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 01:19 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Love the Retro ones, but maybe with a new young core they wanna make a statement, go in a different direction and try something new. Time will tell..

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 01:27 AM
Trae

They're getting rid of the retro because they are making them permanent! Dun dun dunnnnn..

I doubt anything changes this year.

Old
07-14-2013, 02:25 AM
DoubleJ96

The Red jersey with the black C is my all time favorite Fames jersey, I don't want that to ever go away.

DoubleJ96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 02:54 AM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iginlafan View Post
The Red jersey with the black C is my all time favorite Fames jersey, I don't want that to ever go away.
I wouldn't mind seeing that with the retro style, I think it has potential, I dislike the current design because the stripes are going every which way and the piping is ugly. I don't hate the flags, but I woulld like to see either something new or nothing at all on the shoulders.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 09:47 AM
JB51Hockey
51Hockey

The ones Calgary were in 2004 were by far the best

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 10:39 AM
Nordberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeben51 View Post
The ones Calgary were in 2004 were by far the best
I'm not a fan of the diagonals; the straight lines on our current jerseys are much better. The main problem with our current jerseys is the excessive piping and clutter.
I also generally hate our current whites. They are hands down the worst non-alternate jerseys in the entire league. We should get a simple design for our whites. There are several good concepts in the thread someone linked.

I like the flags but I wouldn't be opposed to a tasteful new shoulder design.

I'd be interested in seeing some fresh concepts based around using the cream-beige color from the Winter Classic design on the pants and possibly some other details. I think it sets off the red jersey really well.

Nordberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:48 AM
Anglesmith
Y'no like wadda guy

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
I'm not a fan of the diagonals; the straight lines on our current jerseys are much better. The main problem with our current jerseys is the excessive piping and clutter.
I also generally hate our current whites. They are hands down the worst non-alternate jerseys in the entire league. We should get a simple design for our whites. There are several good concepts in the thread someone linked.
I find it interesting how much two people can disagree on a topic like this. The last thing I'd call our jerseys is cluttered. For the most part, it is one big, red mass, then there are piping and black zones under the arms and at the end of the sleeves. Looking up at my jersey on the wall, I can barely see any piping at all, and what I do see is very tasteful. I also think our away jersey is one of the best in the league.

Anglesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 01:54 PM
ChevyWarrior93
I Want the 2 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sventastic47 View Post
Just wondering if anyone heard anything else about this?? And does anyone know what number Monahan will be on the Flames
Monahan will wear # 23. All of their numbers are listed on the flames website.
http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=677255

ChevyWarrior93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Wabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iginlafan View Post
I agree-best jerseys in the league (other than the Kings) IMO. I would like to see some black jerseys, like the ones pictured above.

Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 02:55 PM
Backlund

vCash: 1263
I'd be willing to have anything except the horse head back. God, I hated that logo.

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 05:39 AM
julesdoe

never been a fan of the black c, so the retro jerseys were a big relief for me...

also bringing back the horse on a black-based third would be nice..
so for me it's retro red at home and this one as an away. i think jurassictunga didn't use a true white there, if i'm correct. would love to see something "creamy"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga View Post
This as our away jersey would be sweet:

julesdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 02:06 PM
calgaryflames

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesdoe View Post
never been a fan of the black c, so the retro jerseys were a big relief for me...

also bringing back the horse on a black-based third would be nice..
so for me it's retro red at home and this one as an away. i think jurassictunga didn't use a true white there, if i'm correct. would love to see something "creamy"...
well if they brought back the retro red as home and the retro white as away I would cream my pants...is that enough cream?

lol jk