HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#5 Devils Forward in 2013

View Poll Results: #5 Devils Forward in 2013
Travis Zajac 7 30.43%
David Clarkson 9 39.13%
Dainius Zubrus 2 8.70%
Adam Henrique 0 0%
Ryan Carter 5 21.74%
Stephen Gionta 0 0%
Alexei Ponikarovsky 0 0%
Jacob Josefson 0 0%
Stefan Matteau 0 0%
Matt D'Agostini 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-28-2013, 01:17 AM
  #1
rtr1105
1995 • 2000 • 2003
 
rtr1105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Jersey, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,344
vCash: 500
#5 Devils Forward in 2013

Vote for the best available.

1) Patrik Elias- 55.67%
2) Ilya Kovalchuk- 53.97%
3) Andrei Loktionov- 69.23%
4) Steve Bernier- 33.33%

rtr1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 01:19 AM
  #2
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,190
vCash: 500
how sad is it that a guy who had the worst season of his career by his own admission, a guy we got for a 5th round pick, and a guy who was a free agent playing in the ahl halfway through last season won the votes for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best forwards of the season for us?

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 01:22 AM
  #3
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 35,042
vCash: 500
Yeah, who are the choices again?

I'm not sure we had a 5th best forward this year, but it's gotta be between Carter and Zajac.

As bad as Zajac was offensively he still could be 5th.

Or Clarkson possibly even, but Clarkson didn't do much the last couple months. Zajac at least put up a point or more every few games aside from a really long drought in February. He also played solid defense, and won a lot of faceoffs which arguably cut down on the amount of possession time other teams had in our zone.

I'll have to flip a coin between Clarkson and Zajac on this one. What the hell, I'll give it to Clarkson.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 01:25 AM
  #4
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,190
vCash: 500
anyway i say zajac because at least he was still good defensively and his hot streak toward the end gave me hope.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 01:31 AM
  #5
Devils Trap
Cory's Better
 
Devils Trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country:
Posts: 24,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Gotta be Clarkson. Zajac next for me

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 01:37 AM
  #6
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 35,042
vCash: 500
With how bad our forwards were this year I think these polls would be better to do backwards. Vote in the worst first.

Bottom 5 would definitely be Poni, Barch, Uncle Jesse, Josefson before he was sent up to Albany, and maybe Matteau? Then again Matteau should probably get an incomplete, and Zubrus too. Matteau wasn't that bad or anything though. Henrique was pretty bad aside from the first month.

Barch and Stamos weren't really bad, but they didn't bring too much other than getting an ass beating.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 12:10 AM
  #7
billingtons ghost
Registered User
 
billingtons ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Yeah, who are the choices again?

I'm not sure we had a 5th best forward this year, but it's gotta be between Carter and Zajac.

As bad as Zajac was offensively he still could be 5th.

Or Clarkson possibly even, but Clarkson didn't do much the last couple months. Zajac at least put up a point or more every few games aside from a really long drought in February. He also played solid defense, and won a lot of faceoffs which arguably cut down on the amount of possession time other teams had in our zone.

I'll have to flip a coin between Clarkson and Zajac on this one. What the hell, I'll give it to Clarkson.
If it came down to Zajac versus the Devils Dancers, I'd take the dancers.

Clarkson had a great start.

Actually, I'd make a case for Carter, and also for Zubrus if he didn't get hurt.

billingtons ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 12:31 AM
  #8
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 35,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billingtons ghost View Post
If it came down to Zajac versus the Devils Dancers, I'd take the dancers.

Clarkson had a great start.

Actually, I'd make a case for Carter, and also for Zubrus if he didn't get hurt.
Zubrus gets an incomplete from me for not playing enough.

Zajac was pretty damn good later in the season too. Had a great ending, and aside from the first 14 games he was better than Clarkson over the last 34.

He also did other things that Clarkson couldn't do like win faceoffs, and played much better defense.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 09:33 AM
  #9
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
how sad is it that a guy who had the worst season of his career by his own admission, a guy we got for a 5th round pick, and a guy who was a free agent playing in the ahl halfway through last season won the votes for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best forwards of the season for us?
Sums up the season

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 10:17 AM
  #10
devilsblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,902
vCash: 500
Why do dev's fans disrespect Clarkson so?

devilsblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.