HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ottawa willing to deal prospects for offense

Old
05-28-2013, 10:34 AM
stokes84

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Ottawa willing to deal prospects for offense

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ts-for-offense

I find this particularly interesting as a Sabres fan. Could Ottawa be a landing spot for Vanek? What would Send fans feel comfortable parting with? I know I would be asking for Zibanejad.

Last edited by stokes84: 05-28-2013 at 10:43 AM.
stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 10:40 AM
Sens Mile

I hope we make a Bobby Ryan push

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 10:51 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
We are not getting the quality of a prospect/young roster player that Zibanejad is in return for one season of Vanek. In any event, given that he was referring to "prospects," I doubt he was talking about a player who played a full season with their NHL club. I'm guessing that Murray was alluding to prospects like Ceci, Puempel, Noesen, Prince, and Stone--perhaps even their mid-1st rounder. The only young roster player(s) I could see on the table are Silfverberg and Wiercioch.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 11:11 AM
Grado
it's yersal

I'd deal Zibby for Vanek if I knew we could re-sign him, but not for only one season.

If it's one season, I'd dish Ceci + Puempel/Conacher + 1st

Grado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 11:18 AM
Ashasx

Would Ottawa really trade Zibanejad? He played at a good offensive pace while being strong defensively...

What would Ottawa give up for Cammalleri (obviously not Zibanejad).

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 11:18 AM
Grado
it's yersal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Would Ottawa really trade Zibanejad? He played at a good offensive pace while being strong defensively...

With that contract? Da Costa.

Old
05-28-2013, 11:20 AM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Can't see Zibanejad being traded.

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 11:23 AM
derriko

Interesting to read Murray say he likes bigger players. I already knew that, and I dont know the context, but could that mean he would be willing to flip Conacher already?

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 11:29 AM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post

Something around the Ottawa 17th overall pick in the draft this year is most likely.

Ottawa 1st rounder (17th pick)

For

Cammi
Calgary 3rd rounder (67th pick)

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 11:35 AM
TylerSVT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Something around the Ottawa 17th overall pick in the draft this year is most likely.

For

Cammi

Done.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Smash88

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post

For

Cammi
Cammalleri won't be coming to Ottawa..

Smash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 11:41 AM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerica View Post
Can't see Zibanejad being traded.
Me neither, guys ceiling is a first line center. He's not there yet but that's his ceiling.

BK201 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 11:47 AM
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour

Would there by any interest in Matt Moulson? He is in his contract year next year, but the man has the unquestioned ability to finish. He might have priced himself off LI after next season and there are several highly ranked prospects looking to take his place.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 11:48 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
We are not getting the quality of a prospect/young roster player that Zibanejad is in return for one season of Vanek. In any event, given that he was referring to "prospects," I doubt he was talking about a player who played a full season with their NHL club. I'm guessing that Murray was alluding to prospects like Ceci, Puempel, Noesen, Prince, and Stone--perhaps even their mid-1st rounder. The only young roster player(s) I could see on the table are Silfverberg and Wiercioch.
Good analysis. The only thing I'd differ on is that Silfverberg is likely not on the block, as he has shown he has top 6 upside, and I could only see him dealt in a package for a young, top line winger who would mesh well with Spezza. And he would have to be on a deal longer than one year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERGEI BOBROVTREE View Post
I'd deal Zibby for Vanek if I knew we could re-sign him, but not for only one season.

If it's one season, I'd dish Ceci + Puempel/Conacher + 1st
Vanek is a very good player, but really? That's 3 first rounders for one year of Vanek, who then likely walks as a UFA. No chance Murray does that, unless Vanek is locked up for several years on a good contract, and maybe not even then.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Grado
it's yersal

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Vanek is a very good player, but really? That's 3 first rounders for one year of Vanek, who then likely walks as a UFA. No chance Murray does that, unless Vanek is locked up for several years on a good contract, and maybe not even then.
You're not a very good marketer. : I have no doubt in my mind that we can re-sign him. We just don't let Buffalo know that.

Old
05-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

I think a Cammalleri deal at the TDL could make some sense for both teams if the Sens take that next step toward becoming a true contender. A 2014 1st and a C level prospect like Claesson would work for me. That or a 2nd round pick and a B level prospect like Noessen, Puempel or Prince.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 12:16 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
You're not a very good marketer. : I have no doubt in my mind that we can re-sign him. We just don't let Buffalo know that.
The reason he has questioned staying in Buffalo is not the money, it's us being in rebuild mode. He will re-sign if the team he is traded to appears like it is trying to win. The one year thing is being blown out of proportion because a team will trade for him if they are trying to win now and has the cap room to add him. I think it is very unlikely he will only be a one year addition for whoever gets him.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 12:16 PM
Zip15

Quote:
Most Sabres fans recognize that he'll probably re-sign with the team to which he is traded. That's why it's so frustrating in these trade threads when other fanbases submit lowball offers. Vanek simply doesn't want to endure a rebuild. If he gets sent to a team that isn't rebuilding--and a rebuilding team won't trade for him given the type of assets it'd require (prospects, picks) and his contract situation--he'll probably re-sign.

I recognize that Buffalo is going to have to take a good "quantity" deal in exchange for Vanek, if they move him. Unlike some Buffalo fans who believe the Zibanejads, Scheifeles, Troubas, and Stromes of the world should be coming back in return, the Sabres can probably get a good haul of a few players that are a cut or two below those other names. Ottawa has the prospect pool to make such a deal.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 12:18 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
He doesn't likely walk as a UFA. Everything TV has said can be translated to: "if whatever team I'm on is a playoff squad on the upswing, I'm going to sign there and try to help them win a Cup." He wants organizational stability and consistent trips to the playoffs after a roller-coaster six years in Buffalo.

And there's no way Conacher is a first round value.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 12:27 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
I think a Cammalleri deal at the TDL could make some sense for both teams if the Sens take that next step toward becoming a true contender. A 2014 1st and a C level prospect like Claesson would work for me. That or a 2nd round pick and a B level prospect like Noessen, Puempel or Prince.
In your dream maybe. You're not getting a 1st or a B prospect for that Cam guy from the Sens.

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 12:39 PM
sanityplease

Get Tanguay for spare parts, then sign Iggy as a FA.

sanityplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 12:44 PM
Milan the God*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
I don't think the Sens would give that much up for a rental player unless they really looked like they had a legitimate shot at the Cup.

The Sens have always gone into the draft with their first round pick. The one exception where we didn't pick in the first round is when we traded it last second for David Rundblad in 2011.

This isn't the first time the Sens have tried to land an impact, first line forward through trade. Just last summer they were in on Rick Nash, and apparently offered Columbus a package that included Robin Lehner, Mika Zibanejad and Nick Foligno. Since then Foligno has been traded and Lehner has been taken off the table. No word on Zibanejad, who had a very good rookie season.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 12:52 PM
BillDineen

Briere

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 12:59 PM
DPyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Mile View Post
I hope we make a Bobby Ryan push
Bobby Ryan is overrated.

DPyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 01:31 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 145
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
No way I would want to part with Zibanejad.

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote