HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Miller Sweepstakes: Who's In?

Old
05-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
As much as some people think, Pittsburgh won't be in.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 06:55 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 245
Another stellar article from Johnny Drama

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 06:57 PM
is the answer jesus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Actually it is unrealistic because while fans may be down on Nino, the isles think the 20 yr olds development is back on track, after a strong AHL season, an AHL all-star appearance and a strong WC appearance.
I expect Snow/Wang know what their upcoming budgets will look like and whether they want to pay Miller $6m-$7m per. 1 yr of Miller+ a conditional pick hold zero appeal.I'd rather keep Nino.
Fair enough. Was under the impression that after a sub-par rookie year a lot of people had soured on Nino. I do see goaltending as a need for the Islanders though and think Miller with half his salary retained could be very appealing to a organization that is up and coming and budget concious like the isles. Sure it couldjust be a one year rental, which is why I said we'd include a conditional pick if he didn't re-sign. I actually made my initial post in this thread to try and determine what assets Islander fans would consider parting with for Miller. I don't see you guys parting with roster players after your playoff appearance this year as I'm sure management wants to stay as competitive as possible; and after your top 4 prospects the quality drops off big time (at least as far as I can tell) couple that with not wanting to move your first rounder and nearly all your valuable assets are off the table. So what does that leave? 2nd round picks? Rights to Streit? I'd be interested in those assets for sure. I'm not some delusional sabres fan that thinks the sabres are getting Duchene for Miller or even a 1st rounder or top prospect for that matter. Goalies just aren't worth it. So once again was just curious what isles fans would offer?

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Scott Scissons
No.1 Bust

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
Fair enough. Was under the impression that after a sub-par rookie year a lot of people had soured on Nino. I do see goaltending as a need for the Islanders though and think Miller with half his salary retained could be very appealing to a organization that is up and coming and budget concious like the isles. Sure it couldjust be a one year rental, which is why I said we'd include a conditional pick if he didn't re-sign. I actually made my initial post in this thread to try and determine what assets Islander fans would consider parting with for Miller. I don't see you guys parting with roster players after your playoff appearance this year as I'm sure management wants to stay as competitive as possible; and after your top 4 prospects the quality drops off big time (at least as far as I can tell) couple that with not wanting to move your first rounder and nearly all your valuable assets are off the table. So what does that leave? 2nd round picks? Rights to Streit? I'd be interested in those assets for sure. I'm not some delusional sabres fan that thinks the sabres are getting Duchene for Miller or even a 1st rounder or top prospect for that matter. Goalies just aren't worth it. So once again was just curious what isles fans would offer?
I agree 50 games on the 4th line at 18/19 is enough for me, we should just trade him for a 7th round pick and cut our losses.

Scott Scissons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 07:06 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottScissons View Post
I agree 50 games on the 4th line at 18/19 is enough for me, we should just trade him for a 7th round pick and cut our losses.
Yes because that's exactly what I said. Honestly if your just going to post stupid **** like that why even bother.

Old
05-28-2013, 07:08 PM
Scott Scissons
No.1 Bust

vCash: 835
Quote:
Yes because that's exactly what I said. Honestly if your just going to post stupid **** like that why even bother.
Oh sorry I was Paraphrasing.

Scott Scissons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 07:14 PM
stevecanuck16

If you're going to post your own articles on this website, at least answer some of the criticism put forth. All this guy ever does is post a crappy article and leave, rinse and repeat.

stevecanuck16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 07:21 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Goaltending wasn't the issue in the playoffs. It was scoring. This is horribad.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 07:26 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:

1.You're mistaken. Isles have not soured on Nino's potential and he's given interviews at the recent WC, saying exactly what Snow wants to hear about having had good conversations with the isles, about coming to the next training camp in great shape and doing everything he can to win a job with the isles.

2.Isles are not in the mix for Miller according to Staple, a very credible source. Snow's made comments about trades having to make sense for both the short term and longterm. Acquiring a $6.5m goalie, who's a ufa in a yr and who's extension you don't want to pay, doesn't make sense and a conditional pick, really doesn't make the trade any less crappy.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 07:27 PM
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!

Quote:
Snow has been repeating his desire to build the team from within and is sticking to the plan. While the Isles have a bunch of prospects nearing NHL readiness, they are all unproven and it's still unclear how things will shake out. It's starting to become a numbers game, but the only possible casualty that might be available right now is David Ullstrom. Johan Sundstrom might be another, but he's a bit of a sleeper and the Isles may want to see how he does next year before making a decision.

On defense, the prospects are behind the forwards in development. Donovan is essentially NHL ready and is Streit's heir apparent. Calvin de Haan could possibly be available because he's got glass shoulders, but the Isles invested a lot to get him so they may want to see how he does this year. He could still surprise, but he's been the forgotten man.

The Isles have so many players on ELC's, it's tough to part with them because they are cheap and still developing. It hasn't been Snow's MO to give up any prospects until they've been fully evaluated. The Isles are still in the midst of their rebuild as all the 2010-2012 draft picks have yet to contribute at the NHL level.

So, to answer your question about what may be available... the pickings are actually pretty slim. I would think the draft picks are the only real available assets with the 1st being the only prime asset. Even then, it would be tough to pry that away since all the NHL team needs could be addressed internally. The only need being a goalie and that can be filled via UFA requiring no assets. Snow is a hoarder, you need the jaws of life when entering into a trade discussion with him.

Oh yeah, Streit's rights for a 4th. He's looking for around $6M/per for 3 years. Ouch.

Last edited by PWJunior: 05-28-2013 at 07:41 PM.
PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 07:30 PM
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0

Quote:
I agree that the Isles prospects up front kind of fall off after Strome/Nelson/Nino, but they have a very strong defensive core outside of Reinhart. Guys like Mayfield, Pokka, Donovan, de Haan are all B or B+ prospects. Even guys like Pedan and Pelech are right on the edge of that level. I don't think it would be out of the realm of possibility to see the Isles offer a package of a 3rd this year/2nd next year and one of their D-prospects for Miller.

That said, I don't see the Isles trading any of those top-4 guys for any player with one year left on their contract. Much less a goaltender, considering how strong the market will be this offseason(even if Miller is concerned the best option).

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 07:39 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Here uis the potential thought pattern behind this. I am not making this an offer just trying to explain how it could happen.

If Colorado were to take MacKinnon---they are already well stocked at Center with 3. One likely needs to be moved.

ROR cant be moved till the dealine, Stasny doesnt have the value he once had plus he only has 1 yr left, that leaves Duchene as a moveable part.
You do understand, that Duchene is our franchise player? Everyone else will go before Duchene.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 07:40 PM
"Craigs on it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
You do understand, that Duchene is our franchise player? Everyone else will go before Duchene.
Don't worry about him...

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 07:49 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
Quote:
Especially after how he played last season and against the teams in the new division.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 07:54 PM
boots electric

JohnnyDrama makes bad proposals and Jame thinks Ryan Miller is a bad goalie that no one would want to trade for. It's just like all the other Ryan Miller threads

boots electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 07:56 PM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

ooof, bloggers.

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 08:28 PM
jarmoismyhero

Goaltending was obviously a huge reason why the Blues lost in the playoffs...Who the hell is this guy writing this? Whoever it is I sure hope nobody pays him for it and if so please let me know as I can write some stuff like this.

jarmoismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 08:34 PM
Djp

Quote:
I know that....I just explaining where the idea is coming from.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 08:51 PM
is the answer jesus

Sounds good guys thanks for all the input. I'd be fine with a deal that included us retaining salary for the year in exchange for some of the other prospects mentioned + 2nd or 3rd rounders (giant NO to Streit if he's looking for that kind of money). We need all the assets we can get at this point, and moving Miller helps the rebuild move along. I guess it all depends on what gets offered by any other teams that might be interested in him.

Old
05-28-2013, 09:10 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
After his first two seasons in Philly, it was widely speculated that Ilya Bryzgalov, he of the 9 year, $51M contract would be bought out. He failed to deliver on crazy Philly-fan expectations and then just started openly trolling the fan base:
So Bryz has been good, but just hasn't met unrealistic expectations? Is that supposed to be serious? Or is it just supposed to be more serious then asking for Couturier and a #1?

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 12:53 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
Philly? Pittsburgh?
pittsburgh.. they get everyone somehow

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 02:15 AM
Dado

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Sabres fans: "If your team lost in the playoffs your GM is going to want to upgrade to Ryan Miller"
Have they learned nothing from long-suffering Canucks fans and the Luongo debacle?

Old
05-29-2013, 02:42 AM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecanuck16 View Post
If you're going to post your own articles on this website, at least answer some of the criticism put forth. All this guy ever does is post a crappy article and leave, rinse and repeat.
I thought he only did this on the Sabres board...

What a hack.

Ejaculate words on a screen with no thought or care and get credit for someone clicking a link... Find ways for people to click a link... doesn't matter the quality of your work... Welcome to modern day journalism.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 07:51 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots electric View Post
JohnnyDrama makes bad proposals and Jame thinks Ryan Miller is a bad goalie that no one would want to trade for. It's just like all the other Ryan Miller threads
correction : Jame thinks Ryan Miller is a goalie that no one would want to trade significant assets for.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 09:07 AM
oilinblood

vCash: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmoismyhero View Post
Goaltending was obviously a huge reason why the Blues lost in the playoffs...Who the hell is this guy writing this? Whoever it is I sure hope nobody pays him for it and if so please let me know as I can write some stuff like this.
nobody pays him except ******* who click the link. I was never a fan of SPAM. I never understood why people ate it. Although i do love the broadway show. ahhh...good times.

Jay Onrait.

Last edited by EastonBlues22: 05-31-2013 at 01:58 AM. Reason: filter
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote