HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Miller Sweepstakes: Who's In?

Old
05-30-2013, 02:23 PM
stokes84

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflives View Post
My apologies to the fine city, and people of Buffalo. No insult intended. I still believe that would be a good move for your hockey club though. You are building a young core there, and MAF is the right age for that group.
He's what, 2-3 years younger than Miller? He's not exactly green, and he definitely isn't as good.

stokes84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 02:24 PM
GamingGiant

Quote:
So the wildcard is Matt Duchene.
Nope.
Quote:
If the Avs are down on him
Never been higher on him.

Quote:
The Sabres would likely love to add someone of his skill set and potential.
Who the **** wouldn't?

Quote:
Most of their top prospects are already integral pieces of the roster.
How is Duchene not considered a intergral top prospect by this writer...

GamingGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 02:30 PM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
He's what, 2-3 years younger than Miller? He's not exactly green, and he definitely isn't as good.
Why not trade Miller to Colorado then for Stasny? Personally, I think you will need a proven starter, but if you think that Miller can return a center, Stasny might be available. You might need to add though.

Alflives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 02:33 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Khudobin wants to be a #1 in the NHL. Isles are one of the few teams, that can offer him a #1 role. With the cap dropping $6m, you expect some team to offer Khudobin a ridiculous contract offer to be their backup?

Hiller would be a very expensive backup in Anaheim at $4m+.

The Blues situation with Halak, is messier then Hiller's in Anaheim because they have 3 nhl goalies for 2 spots and also Jordan Binnington, the goalie of the year in the Ontario Hockey League, would likely play in the ECHL, instead of the AHL.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hocke...e6a6c13f4.html
1) No, but I can see some team giving him a decent contract to be their starter. The Isles aren't going to be the only team in the market for a #1. Phoenix, Minny, NJ, Philly(if Bryz is bought out) could all be in the market for a #1 as well.

2) Hiller could be an expensive backup(assuming he ends up as Fasth's backup), but from what I've heard from ANA fans, they won't be in a rush to move him this offseason. If the right deal comes along, they will, but apparently they don't plan on giving him away for cheap.

3) I really like Halak, and I expect him to be available, but the injury risk could scare the Isles off... especially if the price is steep(which I don't think it will be). IF Bernier's price is a 1st+, Halak will become my first choice. That said, if we miss out or his price becomes too steep, Miller should absolutely be considered by the Islanders.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 02:46 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
1) No, but I can see some team giving him a decent contract to be their starter. The Isles aren't going to be the only team in the market for a #1. Phoenix, Minny, NJ, Philly(if Bryz is bought out) could all be in the market for a #1 as well.

2) Hiller could be an expensive backup(assuming he ends up as Fasth's backup), but from what I've heard from ANA fans, they won't be in a rush to move him this offseason. If the right deal comes along, they will, but apparently they don't plan on giving him away for cheap.

3) I really like Halak, and I expect him to be available, but the injury risk could scare the Isles off... especially if the price is steep(which I don't think it will be). IF Bernier's price is a 1st+, Halak will become my first choice. That said, if we miss out or his price becomes too steep, Miller should absolutely be considered by the Islanders.
Phoenix has new ownership. It's too soon to tell whether Smith stays or not.

Minn is a possibility for Khudobin.

NJ has Marty signed for 1 more season. They won't sign Khudobin and sit Marty for him. Why would Khudobin prefer to backup another yr in NJ, when he can start on LI?

Philly traded for Mason and signed him to a 2 yr extension. They are looking for him to get his career back on track. Would Khudobin look at 25 yr old Mason as tougher longterm competition or 37 yr old Nabby?

I don't expect the isles to be in the mix for Miller or Vanek and I totally understand their reasoning:to close to unrestricted free agency and salaries will be to expensive

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 02:51 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Why not trade Miller to Colorado then for Stasny? Personally, I think you will need a proven starter, but if you think that Miller can return a center, Stasny might be available. You might need to add though.
I've seen this brought up but I don't see the purpose given the direction we are going. Kevin Weekes said he thinks the value is a player, a pick AND a prospect. Miller is still thought of very highly around the league. Weekes has a better idea and more connections than anyone here. I'll take his word for it.

stokes84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 02:54 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
If Miller won't be winning a Cup in Colorado and Colorado should continue to build through youth. It just doesn't make sense for Miller or Colorado. Why would any goalie want to play behind that defense.
It's not like he'd view it as much of a downgrade from playing in Buffalo, who had arguably the worst defensive forward corps in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
Please tell me how many of the following Dmen you would like on your team. Keep in mind...two of the following would be your top pairing for a lot of the season because A. - EJ was hurt and B. - Your coach (Joe Sacco) is an idiot.

Ryan O'byrne
Shane O'brien
Matt Hunwick
Greg Zanon

Varly had to play with these guys in front of him every night...some of them playing big minutes. ROB and Hunwick were our "top pairing" for quite a bit of the season until ROB was traded. Ask Toronto how good he is...
And Miller's best defensive forwards were seldom-used Pat Kaleta and Jochen Hecht. Neither were good defensive teams, each for some different reasons and some similar reasons.

Quote:
Miller has not played even close to well for some time. The game has changed from when he was at his best (2010). He is a very 'slightly' built guy, who has difficulty with the 'traffic' allowed now. His value is not what the younger and larger goalies have. He would return a bit less than what Bishop got in Ottawa - a second tier prospect or 3rd. round pick.
Yeah, okay. The Sabres would've been battling the Avs for the #1 pick but for their goaltending this season. Miller was again voted team MVP by his teammates. As several have pointed out, his ES SV% was at near his Vezina season this year, but their poor PK and propensity to take a lot of penalties hurt his numbers.

If he somehow ends up in STL next year, I'd almost guarantee a .925+ SV%.

Quote:
You need to remember where he was: at or near the top in 2010. When the enforcement of the rules seemed to change (part way through 2011) and the referees began calling less, this affected Miller. He is still a good goalie, but his lack of body weight does effect his ability to battle traffic. He might, under the correct circumstance, garner a second round pick from a team that has some big, heavy D, who feel that weak goaltending is keeping them from Cup contention. Look for Pittsburgh to be interrested, if their issues in goal bite them against Boston. How would Bufallo like MA Fluery for Miller?
And what the hell does his slight build have to do with fighting through traffic? You know the opponent can't touch him, right?

Quote:
I think if the Sabres dealt Miller to Colorado, Stastny would be the primary piece coming back.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 02:55 PM
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon

vCash: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
The Avalanche will not trade Matt Duchene

The Avalanche will not trade for Ryan Miller

Nothing else to add to that. Not happening.
Quoted for truthness

AMDZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 04:05 PM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Is this fan speculation or has an reputable source confirmed this? I'm not saying you're wrong, but this has been a reason that gets brought up a ton on HF, but I doubt it ever really happens. Same things were said about Bouwmeester.
Well they did retain salary in the Pominville trade. Althought i was only a half million I believe.

ThatGuy22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2013, 04:18 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDZen View Post
Quoted for truthness
Yep...only reason we are getting thrown into this is that Buff fans want the 1st.

Not happening...and Duchene is not going anywhere. Staz..IF traded will not be for a Goalie. More likely a dman or top 6 winger.

Let it go...Avs arent in these supposed sweepstakes

Avs For Life is offline   Reply With Quote