HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jame.

Old
05-29-2013, 07:35 AM
Clock

vCash: 50
Jame.

You've all argued with him, now feign your happy birthday wishes to the man here.

Have a splendid day, Jameson!

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 07:37 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Happy ****ing birthday! Hope you have a good one, even if it is the middle of the week. And you have kids now. And all that stereotypical negative, singles conversation.

No, no, really -- happy birthday. Enjoy your day.

05-29-2013, 07:59 AM
Afino
The Juice

I viewed this on mobile and I thought he finally got banned or something, something other than happy birthday

dude, happy birthday!

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:00 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Enjoy it, dude.

Penalty Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:29 AM
Zman5778

Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
So THAT'S why we saw drunk Jame last night!

Happy birthday, man.

Hope it's a great one!

Zman5778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:36 AM
Prospector74

Happy birthday!

Prospector74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:54 AM
cybresabre
Smooth as Marzette G

vCash: 1001
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Happy birthday!

cybresabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:57 AM
slip

To the man who put the polemos back in polemicist, cheers!

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 09:34 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman5778 View Post
So THAT'S why we saw drunk Jame last night!

Happy birthday, man.

Hope it's a great one!
So Pops came over to babysit for the night, and my wife took me to my favorite brew bar for a night of drinking and live team trivia. Our team name was Wreckx n Effect. Needless to say, I did in fact get drunk. About halfway through the game the following question came up : Who is the only President to return to serving in Congress after leaving the White House? You can imagine my drunken excitement when I immediately knew the answer. Up until this point it was a pretty normal night....

Instead of writing "John Quincy Adams" on the nice little piece of paper as everyone had been doing for most of the night, I decided that it was important for everyone to know that I knew the answer to this question. So I grabbed the mic from the guy leading the trivia game, yelled "the answer is john quincy adams" into the mic, and then... proceeded to do a quick acapella version of the 2nd verse of Rump Shaker.

Night's like these used to be called "Tuesdays". Now it's a much rarer occasion.

So did it get worse? You bet it did... later on came a question about the year of the Chernobyl incident. I immediately wrote down 1986, and my wife talked me into 1983. When the answer was read (1986), i had my own mini nuclear meltdown. I made that quick motion to "jump" out of the stool I was in, and in turn bumped the table enough to spill an entire Stout in my wife's lap. She stared me down, and said, "it's your birthday, go nuts, because we are leaving at the end of this game." There were only 3 questions left and we were in 3rd place (mostly because you got a point for every beer you drank, and i was burying them) and only 6 points out of 1st.

...2 questions left, 4 points out of 1st (answer : What's the Frequency Kenneth?)

...1 question left, 2 points out of 1st (answer : South Park)

... Final question, something about Point Guard/Golden State Warriors

I immediately go to grab the mic, but trivia guy has already seen this movie and effectively shuts me down... so I just start yelling "Monta Ellis for the win, yeaaa baby, team Wreckx n Effect". I can see the look on my wife's face...it's a mix of amusement, ambivalence, and embarrassment... if that's possible.

turns out the answer was Stephen Curry...
the time was 10:30PM...
it was time to go home

(most of this has been retold to me this morning over breakfast... i needed a lot of the details filled in)

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 09:45 AM
joshjull

Happy birthday!!!

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 10:11 AM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Happy birthday good sir.

TCRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 10:41 AM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Happy birthday, man!

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 10:45 AM
Sabres Fan UK
eh?

Happy Birthday to the dark lord of the Sabres board. Sounds like you had an interesting night anyway.

Sabres Fan UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 11:00 AM
Crazy Tasty
HFBoards Sponsor

Happy birthday!

Crazy Tasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 11:31 AM
ottsabrefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
So Pops came over to babysit for the night, and my wife took me to my favorite brew bar for a night of drinking and live team trivia. Our team name was Wreckx n Effect. Needless to say, I did in fact get drunk. About halfway through the game the following question came up : Who is the only President to return to serving in Congress after leaving the White House? You can imagine my drunken excitement when I immediately knew the answer. Up until this point it was a pretty normal night....

Instead of writing "John Quincy Adams" on the nice little piece of paper as everyone had been doing for most of the night, I decided that it was important for everyone to know that I knew the answer to this question. So I grabbed the mic from the guy leading the trivia game, yelled "the answer is john quincy adams" into the mic, and then... proceeded to do a quick acapella version of the 2nd verse of Rump Shaker.

Night's like these used to be called "Tuesdays". Now it's a much rarer occasion.

So did it get worse? You bet it did... later on came a question about the year of the Chernobyl incident. I immediately wrote down 1986, and my wife talked me into 1983. When the answer was read (1986), i had my own mini nuclear meltdown. I made that quick motion to "jump" out of the stool I was in, and in turn bumped the table enough to spill an entire Stout in my wife's lap. She stared me down, and said, "it's your birthday, go nuts, because we are leaving at the end of this game." There were only 3 questions left and we were in 3rd place (mostly because you got a point for every beer you drank, and i was burying them) and only 6 points out of 1st.

...2 questions left, 4 points out of 1st (answer : What's the Frequency Kenneth?)

I immediately go to grab the mic, but trivia guy has already seen this movie and effectively shuts me down... so I just start yelling "Monta Ellis for the win, yeaaa baby, team Wreckx n Effect". I can see the look on my wife's face...it's a mix of amusement, ambivalence, and embarrassment... if that's possible.

it was time to go home

(most of this has been retold to me this morning over breakfast... i needed a lot of the details filled in)
I was going to say how impressed I was that you remembered all those details! Nvmd.

Have a good one!

ottsabrefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 12:09 PM
aceface33

Quote:
That's a hell of a woman you got there Jame.

No joke...you know she's a keeper when she'll put up with your drunken shenanigans. My wife has cleaned up my puke on at least 3 separate occasions.

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 12:36 PM
sabresEH

Quote:

it was time to go home

**** that was a good read. Happy Birthday Jame.

Last edited by sabresEH: 05-29-2013 at 12:37 PM. Reason: spelling
sabresEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 01:01 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

I might just start yelling MONTA ELLIS FOR THE WIN at inopportune times.

It takes a special type to drink stouts in a Florida summer. We'll have to talk beer at some point fer sure. Happy birthday dude.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 01:22 PM
kenfury

Quote:

it was time to go home

That's it! Next time I visit my parents in Wesley Chapel during the winter and they go to Tarpon springs to visit the Greeks I'm kidnapping you. Happy birthday.

kenfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 03:34 PM
Der Jaeger

Happy Birthday!

Der Jaeger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Gabrielor

Happy bday brother.

Gabrielor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 04:12 PM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

Happy Birthday....I miss living in Dunedin/Safety Harbor and the nights at the thirsty Marlin....

Sounds like a good night!

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 04:59 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 54

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 05:17 PM
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!