HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver's Swap & Shop

Old
05-29-2013, 05:20 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

vCash: 400
Vancouver's Swap & Shop

Firstly I want to state off the bat that I don't foresee any really big changes for the Canucks going into next year. That being said lets get our armchair on! All of the following is IMO not god given truth so don't get your panties in a knot if you disagree with what's written below.

Our needs:
2C (Only if Kesler was moved to the wing)
3C
Playmaking RWer
Depth D

What we don't need:
Picks unless its to immediately flip them for assets
Left Wingers
Top 4 D
4th liners
Additional cap liabilities

Don't even ask:
Sedins
Kesler
Hamhuis
Garrison
2013 2nd - we don't have it so dont bother

Available on overpayment only:
Gaunce
Jensen
Tanev
Kassian
Corrado
Hansen
Schnider

Who is available:
Picks
Higgins
Burrows
Luongo
Bieksa
McNally
Edler
Any prospects not listed above
Booth
Ballard
Rights to all UFAs we have
Weise
Sestito
Any 4th line plugs we've used

Last edited by JeffMangum: 05-29-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 05:28 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Also if your plan is to come in here and declare how all the Canucks players are trash divers or to hijack this into a Luongo thread please go post in your own teams GM thread.
Canuck players can't even dive their way to a Cup, Luongo, and I also like chicken wings, which I hear is Cam Barker's favorite.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 05:49 PM
Paladin2799

vCash: 500
Instructions confusing, Luongos stick dived into a ceiling fan?

Paladin2799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 06:17 PM
ShortSideFlick

I like how you laid it out... but I think outside of acquiring a depth D, the overpayment list needs to be more available than just for overpayment. I'm not saying the others are useless or anything, just that for a playmaking rw, 2c, or a 3c (a quality one anyway) that's the list people are going to look at and you can't expect overpayment when you need the trade as much or more than them.

Maybe rank that list in terms of availability or slim it down a little? I assume kassian/schneider would be more difficult to pry away than jensen or gaunce.

Just my 2 cents.

ShortSideFlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 06:17 PM
Jax Teller

Colborne (3C) + Fraser (depth D) + Holzer (depth D)

for

Bieksa

Jax Teller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 06:19 PM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnybaby View Post
Colborne (3C) + Fraser (depth D) + Holzer (depth D)

for

Bieksa
A top 4 dman for two fringe NHLers and a mediocre prospect? no

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 06:24 PM
couture23
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Why would a GM overpay for Frankie Corrado?

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 06:29 PM
stempniaksen

vCash: 50
Wiercioch
Conacher
OTT 1st

for

Edler
VAN 3rd

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Vankiller Whale

vCash: 1815
Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
Wiercioch
Conacher
OTT 1st

for

Edler
VAN 3rd
Nope. That looks like similar value to the Burns trade. Except Burns was an upcoming UFA. Edler is signed long term at a solid cap hit.

If we're rebuilding, we'd be looking at a blue chip prospect + 1st, or something along those lines.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 06:34 PM
stempniaksen

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Nope. That looks like similar value to the Burns trade. Except Burns was an upcoming UFA. Edler is signed long term at a solid cap hit.

If we're rebuilding, we'd be looking at a blue chip prospect + 1st, or something along those lines.
Would you consider Silfverberg "blue-chip"? I don't think the organization would move Lehner or Zibanejad, and Silfverberg is easily our 3rd best prospect.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 06:54 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

vCash: 400
Quote:
Would you consider Silfverberg "blue-chip"? I don't think the organization would move Lehner or Zibanejad, and Silfverberg is easily our 3rd best prospect.
I would consider him to be a good piece in a package. We definitely need a player ready to contribute now and not 2-3 years down the road. Now that may be Silfverberg but I can't speak much about him. Also the only interest I would have in your 1st is to trade it for other assets so its less important than a roster player (obviously depending on the player)

Would Ottawa consider a deal for Bieksa?

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 07:25 PM
iFan
Horvat to Virtanen

Quote:
For Edler we'll take Zibanejad and CeCe, even then I'd rather another trade to bring in a young Canadian top prospect/young player, we've built a team around Swedes long enough, time to build one around a good Canadian kid who can lead this team to a cup, our Swedish stars just disappear come playoffs Naslund and the Sedins.

iFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 07:38 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFan View Post
For Edler we'll take Zibanejad and CeCe, even then I'd rather another trade to bring in a young Canadian top prospect/young player, we've built a team around Swedes long enough, time to build one around a good Canadian kid who can lead this team to a cup, our Swedish stars just disappear come playoffs Naslund and the Sedins.

This sir is a Swede who has led a team to numerous cups. The Canadian argument is pretty overblown...

Anyways the only D I had true interest in you deem untouchable as he fits the bill for Toronto's needs. If Toronto were to try and trade for Bieksa though what would be needed?

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 07:55 PM
iFan
Horvat to Virtanen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post

This sir is a Swede who has led a team to numerous cups. The Canadian argument is pretty overblown...

Anyways the only D I had true interest in you deem untouchable as he fits the bill for Toronto's needs. If Toronto were to try and trade for Bieksa though what would be needed?
Alright how many else have? Lidstrom is one of the best D man to ever play the game.... You have a much better chance winning with Canadians, we've built teams around non Canadians long enough and keep losing, if we go full out rebuild I want good Canadians to build around.

Vancouver won't help out Toronto after DN leaking trade talks out to tsn and throwing Vancouver under the bus. I would think Gillis would ask for something stupid like Reilly. I don't see any trades between Van and Tor, Burkie and Gillis seemed to patch things up np but sounds like DN is still pissed about losing his job in Van and has a chip on his shoulder

iFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:16 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Big Garrison fan ?

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:20 PM
Drew311
Shanahanigans

That's not a very impressive available list.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:42 PM
ShortSideFlick

Lol... since we're hypothesizing about what happened between Gillis and Nonis I have an alternative theory.

They had a basis for a deal and the only thing stopping it was salary retention. Gillis says "He's an elite goalie and worth every penny. This deal is peanuts for him as it is". Nonis laughs, "Not at his age with that contract length, and you HAVE to trade him". They argue back and forth calling each other idiots for disagreeing on the effect his contract has until they decide the trade won't happen.

They both still have a chip on their shoulder though and Nonis goes "the whole hockey world thinks his contract is terrible, you're such a tool for giving him a 90 year contract. blah blah blah". Gillis replies "Eat a bag of dicks. You act like you're smarter than me, but I took your job and when everyone finds out what you passed up I'll have taken your dignity too. Leak it to the media, I dare you". And that's how it came about that we all know the supposed deal.

Cool story right? Let's not present personal conjecture like it's fact. If there's a deal that is right for both parties more than likely it'll happen. On a side note, I think Bieksa's a great D but not the what the leafs need. I think I've seen a few Canucks fans concur with this (or even suggest it first, I can't recall).

ShortSideFlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:51 PM
nlnl09

If i was given the reigns this offseason, and management wanted to open up the team offensively but still get bigger, and harder to play against upfront.

1) Buyout Booth

2) I'd move Edler to Anahiem for Ryan

3) Bieksa to Philly for B. Schenn (be willing to add if necessary)

4) Retain up to 1.33M of Luongo's Cap, sending him to a team on the rise for a NHL ready forward prospect (Teravainen, Nino, connolly etc)

5) Target mark Streit in ballpark of 5M for 2 years

nlnl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:55 PM
BigHabs

Raphael Diaz
David Desharnais
Travis Moen

Chris Higgins
Kevin Bieksa
pick

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 08:58 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
Why would a GM overpay for Frankie Corrado?
I laughed out loud and I don't think I was supposed to.

I'd make a proposal for Chris Tanev but apparently he warrants an overpayment as well.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 09:04 PM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlnl09 View Post
If i was given the reigns this offseason, and management wanted to open up the team offensively but still get bigger, and harder to play against upfront.

1) Buyout Booth

2) I'd move Edler to Anahiem for Ryan

3) Bieksa to Philly for B. Schenn (be willing to add if necessary)

4) Retain up to 1.33M of Luongo's Cap, sending him to a team on the rise for a NHL ready forward prospect (Teravainen, Nino, connolly etc)

5) Target mark Streit in ballpark of 5M for 2 years
I'd doubt this is even remotely close to what he signs for. More money per year or more term.

Highbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 09:18 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
I laughed out loud and I don't think I was supposed to.

I'd make a proposal for Chris Tanev but apparently he warrants an overpayment as well.
maybe you should save the laughing for something you know about. Corrado is a very valuable piece for Vancouver. We have a shallow prospect pool, need to shed salary to get under the cap for next year and have a GM who's mandated that the team get younger and bigger for next season. Trading Corrado, a late blooming 5th rounder who should have made Canada's WJC team and stepped into the line up and played relatively well during the playoffs, is inexpensive and cost controlled for the next 5 years would set the team back unless it was an overpayment.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 09:27 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
maybe you should save the laughing for something you know about. Corrado is a very valuable piece for Vancouver. We have a shallow prospect pool, need to shed salary to get under the cap for next year and have a GM who's mandated that the team get younger and bigger for next season. Trading Corrado, a late blooming 5th rounder who should have made Canada's WJC team and stepped into the line up and played relatively well during the playoffs, is inexpensive and cost controlled for the next 5 years would set the team back unless it was an overpayment.
Whats the point of such threads if guys like Frankie Corrado require an overpayment. I realize the kid played a couple NHL games and didn't look out place but he has a total of just a small handful of games under his belt and guys like him are a dime-a-dozen on most NHL teams. Toronto offers Jerry D'Amigo and a late pick for Corrado. Actually, I'd probably rather keep D'Amigo and see what he can become in Toronto and I surely wouldn't be calling for overpayment for him if I started a thread about Toronto's "Swap & Shop". And before you sound off on D'Amigo, he actually represented his country in the WJC, and won Gold.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Boondock

Quote:
I would consider Silfverberg blue-chip, or pretty darn close. I would also consider him in a deal for Edler (not 1 for 1 obviously).

Silfverberg, Stone, Ott #1 for Edler, Van #3

or something along those lines

Old
05-29-2013, 09:40 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Whats the point of such threads if guys like Frankie Corrado require an overpayment. I realize the kid played a couple NHL games and didn't look out place but he has a total of just a small handful of games under his belt and guys like him are a dime-a-dozen on most NHL teams. Toronto offers Jerry D'Amigo and a late pick for Corrado. Actually, I'd probably rather keep D'Amigo and see what he can become in Toronto and I surely wouldn't be calling for overpayment for him if I started a thread about Toronto's "Swap & Shop". And before you sound off on D'Amigo, he actually represented his country in the WJC, and won Gold.
It's not worth trading a player just to trade a player. If someone wants to overpay for Corrado - he's theirs. If someone wants to pay perceived market value for a late round pick with only a handful of NHL games under his belt then it's not worth trading him - hence O-V-E-R-P-A-Y-M-E-N-T.

D'Amigo is also 3 years further along in his pro hockey development, has not seen any NHL time, has fewer years of team control and makes nearly twice as much as Corrado. So we'll keep our dime-a-dozen prospect and see if he can continue to improve - low risk high reward for the Canucks